Black Cumin Helped Then Downhill. What Happened?

firebreather

A little history - been hypo for several years. I take .75 pill of cynoplus a day. Still have most symptoms, the worse being cold hands and feet and frequent urination with sleep issues.

A couple months ago I started taking 5mg DHEA and 5mg pregnenolone every morning. So no positive results so I stopped taking it. Right around the time I stopped taking it I started taking 1.5 tsp of Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa) daily. Within a few days my frequent urination came to a halt and my hands and feet weren't quite as cold.

This was really the first supplement that really seemed to do anything for me. I was ecstatic. A week later I tried taking 50mg Bromantane one morning. The very same day my frequent urination came back. Okay that makes sense, Bromantane is a stimulant so that was the only day I took it. But still the frequent urination remains and my hands and feet went back to being pretty cold again.

Is there any chance that it took a month for the DHEA and pregnenolone to kick in and what I thought was the Black Cumin helping was really the DHEA and or pregnenolone and the Bromantane has nothing to do with it?

I'm really stumped and just want to get it back to the way it was when the black cumin seemed to help.
No other lifestyle changes.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Hugh Johnson

Could be. I would go back on DHEA and preg. However, if your hands are cold, you need to get warm. Look up temperature reset by Steve Richfield. There is a discussion somewhere on the forum. It's a lot of work, but essentially you need to force your body temp up, and dress warm enough to keep it there.

I also found it very useful to force my temps up (37,0 or 37,3C) and them do buteyko breathing to get CO2 up. Also wear warm clothing and tape your mouth for the night.

Hans

Forum Supporter
A little history - been hypo for several years. I take .75 pill of cynoplus a day. Still have most symptoms, the worse being cold hands and feet and frequent urination with sleep issues.

A couple months ago I started taking 5mg DHEA and 5mg pregnenolone every morning. So no positive results so I stopped taking it. Right around the time I stopped taking it I started taking 1.5 tsp of Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa) daily. Within a few days my frequent urination came to a halt and my hands and feet weren't quite as cold.

This was really the first supplement that really seemed to do anything for me. I was ecstatic. A week later I tried taking 50mg Bromantane one morning. The very same day my frequent urination came back. Okay that makes sense, Bromantane is a stimulant so that was the only day I took it. But still the frequent urination remains and my hands and feet went back to being pretty cold again.

Is there any chance that it took a month for the DHEA and pregnenolone to kick in and what I thought was the Black Cumin helping was really the DHEA and or pregnenolone and the Bromantane has nothing to do with it?

I'm really stumped and just want to get it back to the way it was when the black cumin seemed to help.
No other lifestyle changes.

Any input is greatly appreciated
Sounds like you got excess noradrenaline. The boost in dopamine from the Bromantane is converting to noradrenaline and causing your symptoms. Perhaps you can have your copper and zinc tested. Copper is used as a cofactor for the enzyme that converts dopamine to noradrenaline. A methyl donor is then used in the conversion of noradrenaline to adrenaline, so a hypermethylation state might also make it worse.

OP
F

firebreather

Sounds like you got excess noradrenaline. The boost in dopamine from the Bromantane is converting to noradrenaline and causing your symptoms. Perhaps you can have your copper and zinc tested. Copper is used as a cofactor for the enzyme that converts dopamine to noradrenaline. A methyl donor is then used in the conversion of noradrenaline to adrenaline, so a hypermethylation state might also make it worse.

Thank you for replying @Hans

So just taking that one dose that one time is causing these problems, even 5 days later?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you for replying @Hans

So just taking that one dose that one time is causing these problems, even 5 days later?
Well, I'm not sure why only 1 dose would have triggered it, but it's possible. 5mg preg and DHEA are too small to cause issues in >99% of the population.
If the issues don't lessen after a few days, then consider cutting out the preg and DHEA as well.

OP
F

firebreather

Well, I'm not sure why only 1 dose would have triggered it, but it's possible. 5mg preg and DHEA are too small to cause issues in >99% of the population.
If the issues don't lessen after a few days, then consider cutting out the preg and DHEA as well.

Okay, I think you misunderstood the part about the preg and DHEA. I stopped taking those a few days before I started the black cumin. I was wondering if stopping those caused the issue, and wondering if maybe it just took a month for their good effects to start

Hans

Forum Supporter
Okay, I think you misunderstood the part about the preg and DHEA. I stopped taking those a few days before I started the black cumin. I was wondering if stopping those caused the issue, and wondering if maybe it just took a month for their good effects to start
My bad lol. Honestly, I don't think so. The dose is too small and the duration too long after stopping to suddenly start getting symptoms. It's more likely as a result of the Bromantane as you started experiencing the symptoms after taking it.
Peat has talked about how 1 dose of progesterone might be enough to stop the stress cascade, so I wonder if 1 dose of Bromantane wasn't enough to start the stress cascade for you.

OP
F

firebreather

thanks so much for your input

black cumin is very estrogenic...

Why aren't you simply increasing your thyroid until your temps are normal?

OP
F

firebreather

black cumin is very estrogenic...

Why aren't you simply increasing your thyroid until your temps are normal?

That has never worked for me. I tried it at one point and I was taking 4 cynoplus a day with no temp change.

I've also tried some NDT's as well

The Black Cumin is the only thing that has ever done anything for me.

That has never worked for me. I tried it at one point and I was taking 4 cynoplus a day with no temp change.

I've also tried some NDT's as well

The Black Cumin is the only thing that has ever done anything for me.

I know Dr. Peat has said some people require 5 grains or more of NDT, potentially 400mcg of T4. How much is 4 Cynoplus?

OP
F

firebreather

@ecstatichamster

I take .75 cynoplus pill per day in the morning. But like I said I took up to 4.

Even if that worked I couldn't that in the longterm.

But why would I do that when Black Cumin was working perfectly (until this current issue) and cynoplus never worked?

The NDT I took was one that Ray recommended

Last edited:
@ecstatichamster

I take .75 cynoplus pill per day in the morning. But like I said I took up to 4.

Even if that worked I couldn't that in the longterm.

But why would I do that when Black Cumin was working perfectly (until this current issue) and cynoplus never worked?

The NDT I took was one that Ray recommended

you are not being specific. What was the dosage of T4 and T3 you were taking? What brand of NDT? It's up to you, of course. But if you are going to make statements why not be specific about them so we can make any suggestions to you?

I can't imagine how black cumin could be sustainable over the longterm. Thyroid is a natural physiological compound found in our body, but black cumin is not.

yeggim

you are not being specific. What was the dosage of T4 and T3 you were taking?
Three quarters of a Cynoplus would be 90 mcgs of T4 and 22 mcgs ofT3. Four tablets of Cynoplus would be 480 mcgs of T4 and 120 mcgs of T3. I believe it was you hamster guy who brought up someones regime of time released T3. I tried that process with regular T3 dosed at 6 mcgs every two hours. About 5 to 7 times a day on average. It's the only thing that got my temps up. Still going strong a year later. Took about 8 weeks (4 weeks on two weeks off and 2 more weeks on). Temps have been good since without any further supplementation.

OP
F

firebreather

Three quarters of a Cynoplus would be 90 mcgs of T4 and 22 mcgs ofT3. Four tablets of Cynoplus would be 480 mcgs of T4 and 120 mcgs of T3. I believe it was you hamster guy who brought up someones regime of time released T3. I tried that process with regular T3 dosed at 6 mcgs every two hours. About 5 to 7 times a day on average. It's the only thing that got my temps up. Still going strong a year later. Took about 8 weeks (4 weeks on two weeks off and 2 more weeks on). Temps have been good since without any further supplementation.

@yeggim

I tried a similar regimen a couple years ago and for some reason when I took t3 alone, even in those small amounts I got an adrenaline response. When I say alone, I'm talking about without t4. I took it with plenty of food.

But maybe it would be different today. Where did you get 6mcg amounts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals