Protein Intake And My Observation

superhuman

What have been your guys experience with protein intake? i have been doing around 120-140g a day and havent like noticed much positive or negative in terms of temps etc. But i havent managed to get my temp and pulse up. Yesterday i tried a little thing and bumped it up to around 250g and man i started to sweat and also today(the day after) its been 14 hours, im much warmer and feel good. Can protein intake do this? or is it a combination of other stuff aswell? not much else was different then i was doing prior since im keeping track of everything.

And do i really need as much as 250g or in that range? what can cause this?

tara

If you are not eating enough carbs or calories with your protein, some of it would get turned into glucose for fuel, so you might not have been getting the full benefit of the 120-140g protein you were eating. :2cents

tara

If you didn't change anything else, maybe it was just the straight calorie increase that made the difference. More energy in > more energy out.

Luann

A lot of protein doesn't work for me, makes my mood worse and gives me stink (body, breath) so I know that at least. Culturally, the Japanese aren't known for their protein intake and they have low depression, heart disease, etc and I am guilty of sometimes trying to do like they do - diet-wise at least.

T

tca300

Protein is very thermogenic. But the excess inflammatory amino acids, would most likely cause problems at some point. Ammonia could cause issues. Also you will pee a lot of that out, which is a waste. Other than pregnant women, above .82 grams of protein per pound of body weight is wasted, even if your in a calorie deficit and doing strenuous exercise, with some probably getting turned into glucose. I see a super high protein diet as a stress on the body and a waste of money.

Tenacity

The main benchmark I concern myself with regard to protein intake is strength. I've had my strength increase on as low as 100g of protein. I feel better eating about 160 though, so that's what I'm doing now. My protein comes mainly from dairy and gelatin.

OP
S

superhuman

If you didn't change anything else, maybe it was just the straight calorie increase that made the difference. More energy in > more energy out.

It was not, i can eat more calories and less protein and it want happen. The water retention also lessens when i take in higher protein

OP
S

superhuman

If you are not eating enough carbs or calories with your protein, some of it would get turned into glucose for fuel, so you might not have been getting the full benefit of the 120-140g protein you were eating. :2cents

I know but im eating at least 2 or 3:1 carb to protein or more so thats not the problem

OP
S

superhuman

Protein is very thermogenic. But the excess inflammatory amino acids, would most likely cause problems at some point. Ammonia could cause issues. Also you will pee a lot of that out, which is a waste. Other than pregnant women, above .82 grams of protein per pound of body weight is wasted, even if your in a calorie deficit and doing strenuous exercise, with some probably getting turned into glucose. I see a super high protein diet as a stress on the body and a waste of money.

True i know thats what Menno H says and many more but the thing is, when it has those positive effects and lessen my water retention it cannot be wasted. Maybe its increasing my albumin? detox my liver better? maybe i have digestion problems and dont absorb all the protein or utilize it so i need more to have the same effect people get from less?

OP
S

superhuman

The main benchmark I concern myself with regard to protein intake is strength. I've had my strength increase on as low as 100g of protein. I feel better eating about 160 though, so that's what I'm doing now. My protein comes mainly from dairy and gelatin.

Sure but thats only one way to measure and that is strength which is only muscle and protein is not the most important thing there and its also hard to measure if its the protein or something else that does it. I can alot of other benefits that i can measure right away when i increase my protein intake

T

tca300

True i know thats what Menno H says and many more but the thing is, when it has those positive effects and lessen my water retention it cannot be wasted. Maybe its increasing my albumin? detox my liver better? maybe i have digestion problems and dont absorb all the protein or utilize it so i need more to have the same effect people get from less?
Your probably right. I remember when I was eating about 200 grams of animal protein, not including gelatin, my water retention disappeared. I think self experimentation is key. I've often thought the damage from PUFA over the years has disrupted the enzymes that digest protein in my body, which would mean I would need more than a healthy person. So maybe your right. I asked Ray a while back if he thought for an active person if 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight would be OK and he said he didn't think it was harmful. I'm going to increases my protein and report back after a while.

OP
S

superhuman

@tca300 love it man. Please report here so i can follow. I have asked RP about the same things in terms of protein intake, water retention etc. He said the negatives with protein can only be because of to much of some of the amino acids but he said the biggest factor in terms of needing more protein is endotoxin and gut health. So i think we should also both look into tetracycline etc. I would love to do a cycle of tetracycline but its so hard to get here in Norway. Maybe you have easier access? He also said to me during a muscle building or time 200g protein is ok. But for health athletic people he said 120-150g would be enough.

But yeah, PUFA, estrogen etc and all that other damage stuff may play a role for some time and may be the reason to increase protein intake alot

OP
S

superhuman

@tca300 i just ordered from mymexicandrugstore.org so i cant wait to get it :) did not know they had it and you dont need prescription

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals