LadyRae

Thank you for your thoughts @LadyRae ....I, too, eat less protein than I used to but do love eggs! My grandparents used to have a chicken farm in Texas......just a scratched out poor piece o land but that's basically how they subsisted...eggs, eating chickens and big veggie garden. I had always had a very large veggie garden in my adult life until the gophers and squirrels drove me out. It's war now. I used to want egg laying hens but here in my rural canyon they would take a huge amount of work in building a shelter to protect them from the coyotes, watching out for them all the time, and also I don't want to be chained down at this time in my life... want to enjoy my free time with my husband, So I guess no chickens for me. Enjoy yours!!
I don't eat oysters but do pluck mussels from the rocks in the ocean at low tide... do you happen to know if mussels have similar nutrients as oysters?
My husband and oldest daughter spent a lot of time building a veritable fortress because we live in a rural area in coyotes are definitely an issue around here....
We also travel a lot and I have four kids at home and we are gone boating every weekend in the summer. So we have a large gravity water and crumble feeder and so we can leave our chickens for several days at a time... It seems like a lot of work when you were at the front of it but it actually isn't difficult or time-consuming....

frannybananny

I would also be really interested in hearing your update. There has been a lot of talk and discussion about protein after Peat mentioned in that podcast that he has lowered his protein consumption. I have been eating a lot more of my protein in the form of gelatin, I actually make these delicious jellos with blended fruit and I will put coconut Cool whip on top. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting carried away, they are so good.

This methionine restriction experiment of mine has yielded some interesting results:
My pants are definitely looser, and my wedding ring feels much looser in the morning when I wake up which is a sign I watch for proper digestion...
I seem to sleep better, 7 to 9 hours a night...

But I find that protein, in the form of lean meats like beef liver and heart, lean slow cooked pork loin, ground beef with mushrooms baked in the oven, eggs and the occasional chicken, are extremely satiating and satisfying. I could literally put down almost an entire rotisserie chicken 🙄.. but I haven't done that in a long time. I also like oysters and clams...

By the way, I am a 44 year old mother of four, 5 ft 10 in and 128 lb
How are you restricting methionone in your diet? What foods is it in? I am really interesteed in this.
I would also be really interested in hearing your update. There has been a lot of talk and discussion about protein after Peat mentioned in that podcast that he has lowered his protein consumption. I have been eating a lot more of my protein in the form of gelatin, I actually make these delicious jellos with blended fruit and I will put coconut Cool whip on top. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting carried away, they are so good.

This methionine restriction experiment of mine has yielded some interesting results:
My pants are definitely looser, and my wedding ring feels much looser in the morning when I wake up which is a sign I watch for proper digestion...

But I find that protein, in the form of lean meats like beef liver and heart, lean slow cooked pork loin, ground beef with mushrooms baked in the oven, eggs and the occasional chicken, are extremely satiating and satisfying. I could literally put down almost an entire rotisserie chicken 🙄.. but I haven't done that in a long time. I also like oysters and clams...

How are you reducing methionone in your diet?...which foods, etc.? am really interested in this and need to lose some weight.

frannybananny

My husband and oldest daughter spent a lot of time building a veritable fortress because we live in a rural area in coyotes are definitely an issue around here....
We also travel a lot and I have four kids at home and we are gone boating every weekend in the summer. So we have a large gravity water and crumble feeder and so we can leave our chickens for several days at a time... It seems like a lot of work when you were at the front of it but it actually isn't difficult or time-consuming....
I see, that sounds like a possibility.... we are gone boating, too, almost every weekend and then some in the summertime.... sometimes 4-5 days at a time.

LadyRae

How are you restricting methionone in your diet? What foods is it in? I am really interesteed in this.

More fruit, less muscle meats. I make Jello out of blended fruits and gelatin. First thing in the morning I will have eggs or, oysters and liver. Then as the day goes on its carb heavy-fruit, carrots, maybe more eggs or another type of protein later in the day if I really feel like it but often I don't. Actually I enjoy having a big salad with carrots and boiled mushrooms on it, that may sound weird to most people though...

If you are interested in losing weight I definitely recommend loading more of your protein and calories early in the day and eating smaller amounts in the evening

frannybananny

Thanks for those suggestions. My problem is that I'm often not hungry and don't eat much but don't lose weight. I guess I need more exercise but lead a sedentary life... playing the piano, reading, etc. . I will try your tips.

LadyRae

Thanks for those suggestions. My problem is that I'm often not hungry and don't eat much but don't lose weight. I guess I need more exercise but lead a sedentary life... playing the piano, reading, etc. . I will try your tips.
Maybe try a few moderate walks added to your day. Nothing too intense otherwise you will stimulate hunger too much which often backfires...

If you are mostly sedentary, I would recommend small meals more often, almost like snacks more often.

Piano! Cool, I play too. The other day my younger daughters had friends over and they were begging me to play some songs and so I did, although I hadn't played for quite a while. My mother was an accomplished pianist and I think that when I play I miss her and so I avoid it. But that's a mistake

frannybananny

Maybe try a few moderate walks added to your day. Nothing too intense otherwise you will stimulate hunger too much which often backfires...

If you are mostly sedentary, I would recommend small meals more often, almost like snacks more often.

Piano! Cool, I play too. The other day my younger daughters had friends over and they were begging me to play some songs and so I did, although I hadn't played for quite a while. My mother was an accomplished pianist and I think that when I play I miss her and so I avoid it. But that's a mistake
How nice that your daughters want to share you with their friends! Yes, playing the piano can be the best therapy that there is for almost anything! Especially reading music or improvising, it drives everything else out of your mind! Plus the added benefit of no arthritis in your hands and fingers as you get older. I was a professional musician for several decades and then later went on to teach piano and voice. I love music so very much and am happy we have that thread here where people are adding some of their favorite songs....even though sad songs. It's all good. ♥

RPDiciple

Well its been a long way now, and i still continue with the low protein. I havent lost any muscle and i do weight training 5-6 times a day. I havent noticed much else in terms of energy or other things so i should be on the look out for that. Muscle loss was the most important thing to me really since low protein is doomed in the training circles :(
How are you doing with the low protein? have you noticed good results with it? are you tracking your calories as well so you know how much you are eating now compared to when you were doing higher protein?

LadyRae

Well its been a long way now, and i still continue with the low protein. I havent lost any muscle and i do weight training 5-6 times a day. I havent noticed much else in terms of energy or other things so i should be on the look out for that. Muscle loss was the most important thing to me really since low protein is doomed in the training circles :(
How are you doing with the low protein? have you noticed good results with it? are you tracking your calories as well so you know how much you are eating now compared to when you were doing higher protein?
I do not feel well when I reduce protein too much. I need about 100 g a day in order to not feel ravenous all the time. My energy levels and sleep are better as well. It doesn't seem to matter where I get it from, as long as it's not super fatty because that just slows down my digestion and I just kind of feel like a slug...

When my protein levels are high I notice that I am a bit leaner, dryer, it's a water retention thing. I'm already very thin so I notice water retention right away.

The other day I put some reddi-whip coconut whipped cream on top of my Jello and for 2 days I had severe inflammatory issues to the point where I thought I was having a histamine attack. Water retention, gastrointestinal distress, bloating, severe abdominal pain in my colon. Puffy eyes and face. Lots of swollen ankles and hands... Turns out that stuff has carrageenan in it and a quick Google search confirmed that carageenan will cause inflammatory issues in many people... I had quit making my Jello because I thought it was the gelatin at first, and then I thought it was a histamine intolerance issue, but I'm really glad that it's not and it's just that stupid reddi whip 😆

frannybananny

I do not feel well when I reduce protein too much. I need about 100 g a day in order to not feel ravenous all the time. My energy levels and sleep are better as well. It doesn't seem to matter where I get it from, as long as it's not super fatty because that just slows down my digestion and I just kind of feel like a slug...

When my protein levels are high I notice that I am a bit leaner, dryer, it's a water retention thing. I'm already very thin so I notice water retention right away.

The other day I put some reddi-whip coconut whipped cream on top of my Jello and for 2 days I had severe inflammatory issues to the point where I thought I was having a histamine attack. Water retention, gastrointestinal distress, bloating, severe abdominal pain in my colon. Puffy eyes and face. Lots of swollen ankles and hands... Turns out that stuff has carrageenan in it and a quick Google search confirmed that carageenan will cause inflammatory issues in many people... I had quit making my Jello because I thought it was the gelatin at first, and then I thought it was a histamine intolerance issue, but I'm really glad that it's not and it's just that stupid reddi whip 😆
I like your new profile pic.... you are so very beautiful. Do you take any vitamin supplements? I am curious because most of my supps say to take with high fat or with a meal that contains fat so that they can be properly absorbed.... this presents a problem for me since I rarely eat large meals and rarely eat fat except at dinner....it's difficult to take all my vitamins at dinner and then be able to go to sleep at night but I have difficulty getting my appetite up except afternoons.

LadyRae

I like your new profile pic.... you are so very beautiful. Do you take any vitamin supplements? I am curious because most of my supps say to take with high fat or with a meal that contains fat so that they can be properly absorbed.... this presents a problem for me since I rarely eat large meals and rarely eat fat except at dinner....it's difficult to take all my vitamins at dinner and then be able to go to sleep at night but I have difficulty getting my appetite up except afternoons.
Hey thank you! I'm pretty sure that my kid has some sort of filter on her phone though because the lighting there does look particularly good...🤔

I do eat low fat, but there is always a little bit of fat in my foods. Even a few oysters and a hard boiled egg would have plenty of fat for absorption if you were to take vitamins with that. For instance, if you poured a little coconut milk in your coffee that would be fat earlier in the day...

frannybananny

Hey thank you! I'm pretty sure that my kid has some sort of filter on her phone though because the lighting there does look particularly good...🤔

I do eat low fat, but there is always a little bit of fat in my foods. Even a few oysters and a hard boiled egg would have plenty of fat for absorption if you were to take vitamins with that. For instance, if you poured a little coconut milk in your coffee that would be fat earlier in the day...
I do take full fat cream in my coffee but that's not until 10 or 11 since I have trouble sleeping so therefore have trouble getting up early. So you don't take any vit supplements? Just curious.

LadyRae

I do take full fat cream in my coffee but that's not until 10 or 11 since I have trouble sleeping so therefore have trouble getting up early. So you don't take any vit supplements? Just curious.
Oh, well, I take a lot of stuff but not the same stuff everyday... I use a lot of ideal labs supplements topically and sublingually... Cortinon topical, vit k, D3(but only on days that I'm not in the Sun), Energin, and I have a bunch of his other stuff that I use now and then...
Biotin, B1, taurine, calcium d-glucarate, dim(only in my PMS week), lysine, polycosinol, biosil, iodine, T3, Rutin, vit C, dimagnesium malate, methylene blue, doxycycline,, topical tretinoin 1% cream, ksm 66 ashwaganda, liquid chlorophyll, DHEA( both oral capsules and topical cream).
Occasional cascara, Ivermectin paste, activated charcoal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals