Protein, Your Experience. High,low,medium Intake

RPDiciple

Hello

I was wondering what the experience has been for you guys in terms of protein intake. I know haidut and some other support a more low approach 80-100g but some get better results with higher.

What are the pros and cons of higher vs lower amounts? ofc i get my protein from RP foods so mostly dairy so no crappy amino acids.

Im also very active, lift weights etc etc

answersfound

Just listen to your body. It does not need to be more complicated than that.

OP
R

RPDiciple

answersfound said:

Well it does not tell me anything in terms of how much protein i should be eating. It gives positive results if i eat 250-300 grams of protein a day but that is very high.
So please provide me with some more than that bull****

mujuro

I must go very high. At least 200g minimum, but I spend a lot of time in the weight room, and I'm quite large (240lb 6'1"). I find that when I slip below this, I begin to lose weight and recovery from workouts is poorer. Energy levels are also down. This could however all be due to the fact that when I eat more protein, I eat more food in general, thus perking up my energy levels.

With all that muscle meat protein, I usually take half a teaspoon of glycine and taurine with each meal to negate the effects of the cysteine and methionine.

answersfound

RPDiciple said:
answersfound said:

Well it does not tell me anything in terms of how much protein i should be eating. It gives positive results if i eat 250-300 grams of protein a day but that is very high.

Tell that to a lion.

OP
R

RPDiciple

answersfound said:
RPDiciple said:
answersfound said:

Tell that to a lion.

tell that to a crack head and he will have a fun life. We are ******* humans, we use science and evolve.

answersfound

RPDiciple said:
answersfound said:
RPDiciple said:
answersfound said:

Tell that to a lion.

tell that to a crack head and he will have a fun life. We are f***ing humans, we use science and evolve.

Maybe we'd be better off without science. Other species evolve too.

I do well with potato protein and skim milk daily. I'm trying to figure out how I can get gelatin in now. I only use the GL red can so I'm going to make gummies with it made from fruit juice. I think getting some blood work done with a liver panel that shows liver function and liver enzymes would be a good way to see how your protein intake is going.

answersfound said:

If "listening to your body" was the "found answer" then people would just listen to it and eat Krispy Kreme donuts and In-N-Out Burger everyday. Which is what many people do and they get obese and other effects.

answersfound

Westside PUFAs said:
I do well with potato protein and skim milk daily. I'm trying to figure out how I can get gelatin in now. I only use the GL red can so I'm going to make gummies with it made from fruit juice. I think getting some blood work done with a liver panel that shows liver function and liver enzymes would be a good way to see how your protein intake is going.

answersfound said:

If "listening to your body" was the "found answer" then people would just listen to it and eat Krispy Kreme donuts and In-N-Out Burger everyday. Which is what many people do and they get obese and other effects.

Be quiet troll.

bhye0m.jpg

You should get a warning for that.

mt_dreams

You're eating 250+g of protein, but you're definitely not absorbing that much. So you're either very poor at digesting dairy (and possibly other proteins) to the point where you need double the protein, or you're burning lots of the protein as fuel. Once your body doesn't need anymore aminos, it becomes fuel, and a poor one at that.

Muscles don't need much extra protein, they desire carbs & testosterone. So eating more protein wont improve this much.

answersfound

OP
R

RPDiciple

mt_dreams said:
You're eating 250+g of protein, but you're definitely not absorbing that much. So you're either very poor at digesting dairy (and possibly other proteins) to the point where you need double the protein, or you're burning lots of the protein as fuel. Once your body doesn't need anymore aminos, it becomes fuel, and a poor one at that.

Muscles don't need much extra protein, they desire carbs & testosterone. So eating more protein wont improve this much.

I dont eat 250+ a day i eat around 150g from milk now. But if i do increase to that i get some benefits in terms of a little woosh effect from lost water and stuff in terms of less water retention.

But yeah i know some preach high protein but some say its much better on the lower side because of amino acid profile ofc but also stress, cortisol, testosterone etc etc

OP
R

RPDiciple

Westside PUFAs said:

answersfound said:

How much protein a day do you get from milk and potatoes? what have you noticed in terms of fat loss, muscle gain or retaining etc etc

Nicholas

Westside PUFAs said:

answersfound said:

Eating Krispy Kreme and In-N-Out Burger is not listening to your body. Listening to your body IS the answer but it doesn't mean that you know how to listen to it. For RPDisciple - getting any blood work is not listening to your body and will not give you any longterm skills. The best way to determine these things is to measure pulse and temp. and mood with your current protein intake, then if you feel it needs to adjust, CONSISTENTLY implement the new adjustment while doing the same record keeping. It's not so much the total grams that matter but the ratio of protein to carbs and fats. I get around 150g/protein a day on a 2900 calorie diet. Unfortunately, total grams of protein a day is only one variable. The other variables are total grams of protein per meal as well as the types of proteins you eat.

answersfound

Nicholas said:
Westside PUFAs said:

answersfound said:

Eating Krispy Kreme and In-N-Out Burger is not listening to your body. Listening to your body IS the answer but it doesn't mean that you know how to listen to it. For RPDisciple - getting any blood work is not listening to your body and will not give you any longterm skills. The best way to determine these things is to measure pulse and temp. and mood with your current protein intake, then if you feel it needs to adjust, CONSISTENTLY implement the new adjustment while doing the same record keeping. It's not so much the total grams that matter but the ratio of protein to carbs and fats. I get around 150g/protein a day on a 2900 calorie diet. Unfortunately, total grams of protein a day is only one variable. The other variables are total grams of protein per meal as well as the types of proteins you eat.

Straw man fallacy. Listening to your body implies that the foods consumed were around over 100 years ago. Leave it to Westside PUFA's to misrepresent what I said. What a clown.

RPDiciple said:
How much protein a day do you get from milk and potatoes? what have you noticed in terms of fat loss, muscle gain or retaining etc etc

I don't count anything anymore, calories nor grams. I just eat to satiety. Liver labs should show optimal liver function, thus showing that protein intake is sufficient. I do plan on getting a scale and measuring foods in grams as to become proficient in being able to eyeball an amount of food and know what the approximate grams are. I'm slowly losing fat by sticking to my orange juice and potato based diet. It's about a pound a week on average. I'm at about 185 lbs. now. My goal is to get down to about 155 lbs. Losing fat slowly is better to reduce chances of loose skin, as well as oxidation of PUFAs. I was 235 just one year ago. I've lost about 50 lbs. I've noticed better blood sugar/insulin results as a result of losing body fat. Protein is not a huge concern for me because I think that too much protein is not good for the kidneys. I think there is a point of too much.

Peata

For me, I've experimented in different ranges. 70 - 80 g. when I first started this peat stuff in 2013, up to 120+ g. this last winter and spring. Now I barely get 50 g. most days. That's eating to appetite.

I don't feel any different with the different amounts of protein that I'm aware of. I don't lift weights though. I intend to start doing that again.

Barry Obummer

For me, I've experimented in different ranges. 70 - 80 g. when I first started this peat stuff in 2013, up to 120+ g. this last winter and spring. Now I barely get 50 g. most days. That's eating to appetite.

I don't feel any different with the different amounts of protein that I'm aware of. I don't lift weights though. I intend to start doing that again.

I was wondering if you have any updates about that. Not a big fan of milk/dairy here, so I'd rather not drink any more than I have too. If I could just eat more potatoes, I'd much rather just do that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals