Post Penicillin (?) IBS/leakygut-like, lower intestine/upper pubic area pain, GERD, nausea. Have some possible solutions Please Help

OP
H

Hairfedup

I don't think colonoscopy is on the table for a while lol. It looks like a mild case of C. diff...and they may just try different antibiotics to clear it up. I never had this though, so I really don't know what they would think.

you said you had to go the emergency room if you wanted medical care? can't you get a regular doctor office visit for this? We have urgent care here in the US, which is where I would go for this issue, it's not expensive and slow like emergency room.

I have the anxiety about being treated like an idiot over self-medicating as well. Don't worry, everyone tries their best not to see the doctor and it's okay you tried things.

You're too kind - my family see trying to get any type of help as weak and neurotic, even posting on this forum that I've told them about. And yeah that's what my doctor's told me. This is actually my new doctor, because I thought my original one was his own brand of no f***s to give but this seems pretty standard here lol. Go to the emergency room or go away. I'll see if I can get an office appointment first though that's the only way you can get urgent care aswell i.e. through referral from the GP. Definitely gonna give lurker's suggestions a crack as well in due time.

You're too kind - my family see trying to get any type of help as weak and neurotic, even posting on this forum that I've told them about. And yeah that's what my doctor's told me. This is actually my new doctor, because I thought my original one was his own brand of no f***s to give but this seems pretty standard here lol. Go to the emergency room or go away. I'll see if I can get an office appointment first though that's the only way you can get urgent care aswell i.e. through referral from the GP. Definitely gonna give lurker's suggestions a crack as well in due time.
good for you for putting yourself out there and getting ideas and help. I am certain you will feel better soon. :thumbup:

OP
H

Hairfedup

Just an update, button mushrooms have really help with any pain in the area but without carrots guts are a mess again. peskypeater did say that carrots are stopping spores though, so its left me in a bit of a conundrum. I'm also getting high bp/heart type symptoms, pain in the chest shoulders and jaw but I had my heart fully checked up a few months ago and was fine - assuming its just how my body's reacting to whatever's going on in the colon.

Good quality glutamine is p expensive so I haven't been able to try it yet, luckily I have some good magnesium and b-complex that's mostly thiamine so I've started taking those.

What are the odds none of the above work and I have to be given more antibiotics? If I can get through to my doctor that is...

OP
H

Hairfedup

long shot--have you considered appendicitis?

That is what my doctor said to me on the phone, and if that was the case I should go to the emergency room. But he said that the pain would be severe and I'd be vomiting etc if it was, so that "it probably isn't" lol. That was around a month ago

That is what my doctor said to me on the phone, and if that was the case I should go to the emergency room. But he said that the pain would be severe and I'd be vomiting etc if it was, so that "it probably isn't" lol. That was around a month ago
idk you took antibiotics, maybe it staved off the severity. I know they sometimes treat appendicitis on occasion with antibiotics, not that i ever knew anyone that got pills instead of surgery.

Are you only in pain during a BM?

Just an update, button mushrooms have really help with any pain in the area but without carrots guts are a mess again. peskypeater did say that carrots are stopping spores though, so its left me in a bit of a conundrum. I'm also getting high bp/heart type symptoms, pain in the chest shoulders and jaw but I had my heart fully checked up a few months ago and was fine - assuming its just how my body's reacting to whatever's going on in the colon.

Good quality glutamine is p expensive so I haven't been able to try it yet, luckily I have some good magnesium and b-complex that's mostly thiamine so I've started taking those.

What are the odds none of the above work and I have to be given more antibiotics? If I can get through to my doctor that is...
Maybe this is higher estrogen symtpoms because of the inflammation in your gut, inflammation increases estrogen. You also mentioned feeling heat without fever. This for to me sounds hormonal. I just recently had heart/chest/arm pain problems too, I was out of breath, I ended up finding out I was overloaded with fluid ( I was taking progest-e, guess it really screwed with my hormones lol)

Do you think maybe this has been going on so long you are used to being sick and don't realize how bad it is? I have done that myself. Maybe it is time to go to the emergency room? You are having a lot of symptoms, it wouldn't be silly to go.

OP
H

Hairfedup

idk you took antibiotics, maybe it staved off the severity. I know they sometimes treat appendicitis on occasion with antibiotics, not that i ever knew anyone that got pills instead of surgery.

Are you only in pain during a BM?

Yeah perhaps, it just seems so coincidental that I took antibiotics while seemingly getting better barr the suspected tooth infection, and a week later bam - I've been suffering.

Its odd, there is no pain during BM, only after OR if I hold on for too long for whatever reason. Its like extreme on both ends if that makes sense, go too often or hold too long and then I have the pain. Aspirin reduces it too almost neglible but its a constant presence. At this point it isn't the pain that is a problem as its a very mild background type of sensation most of the time. Its the digestive issues i.e. the guts + GERD and I dnno how to describe it, feeling like total sh*t all the time. If I pause on the carrots for a few days, I'm back to square one almost. Whatever it is has almost certainly given me high BP or something because I'm having those worrying jaw and shoulder pains - the good thing is it's stopping me from smoking cigarettes as much as I usually do.

Maybe this is higher estrogen symtpoms because of the inflammation in your gut, inflammation increases estrogen. You also mentioned feeling heat without fever. This for to me sounds hormonal. I just recently had heart/chest/arm pain problems too, I was out of breath, I ended up finding out I was overloaded with fluid ( I was taking progest-e, guess it really screwed with my hormones lol)

Lol just seen this, yeah I definitely suffer from estrogen dominance something that's been plaguing me for a while if you look at my post history - sorry for tmi but its quite apparent because my "thang" has been trying to shrink itself back into my body for the past year or so. But all that being said while this is probably exacerbating my symptoms, this has definitely been brought on by the penicilli imo and I think lurker was right when he said colon.

Sigh it feels like having to climb a damn mountain - and when you get to the top there's another waiting right there for you. I'm gonna go ahead and try the glutamine way lurker recommended when I can afford it, and then if that doesn't work try pesky's suggestion of spores.

Thanks for reminding me about the estrogen though, its become something that I've kinda accepted but forget about and every couple of months starts up again and I feel like I'm gnna have a heart attack

Last edited:
OP
H

Hairfedup

Do you think maybe this has been going on so long you are used to being sick and don't realize how bad it is? I have done that myself. Maybe it is time to go to the emergency room? You are having a lot of symptoms, it wouldn't be silly to go.

Yeah bang on the money, its been three years and I've been to the emergency room a few times to be told that I'm fine. After the penicillin though, things are a whole lot worse. This time I should go but its like I'm mentally/emotionally blocked, both with the doctors and then my family. Maybe I'll try after Christmas

Yeah bang on the money, its been three years and I've been to the emergency room a few times to be told that I'm fine. After the penicillin though, things are a whole lot worse. This time I should go but its like I'm mentally/emotionally blocked, both with the doctors and then my family. Maybe I'll try after Christmas
***BIG HUG*** I have done the same thing, go to the ER to be told, "oh its just anxiety", but that was only once out of many other experiences that needed attention. What you are experiencing is real and hurts and is debilitating. You deserve medical attention, and they should definitely take you seriously, especially because of how long this has plagued you. That doesn't mean you can't say no to any particular treatment or test.

OP
H

Hairfedup

***BIG HUG*** I have done the same thing, go to the ER to be told, "oh its just anxiety", but that was only once out of many other experiences that needed attention. What you are experiencing is real and hurts and is debilitating. You deserve medical attention, and they should definitely take you seriously, especially because of how long this has plagued you. That doesn't mean you can't say no to any particular treatment or test.

Thanks for the concern really appreciated. I will try!

mostlylurking

Good quality glutamine is p expensive so I haven't been able to try it yet
I'm in the U.S. so I was able to pick up a jar of it at the health food grocery store for less than $20.00. I also ordered some from bulksupplements.com. This is not an expensive supplement at least in the U.S. Two days of taking a teaspoon each morning made a very big difference. I've been taking it for 2 weeks now. The only pain I've experienced in the past 36 hours was a little twinge when I rolled over in bed last night before sleeping. I plan to keep taking it for 30 days. I'm pretty sure my problem is diverticulitis; I had an appendectomy in 2012.

OP
H

Hairfedup

I'm in the U.S. so I was able to pick up a jar of it at the health food grocery store for less than $20.00. I also ordered some from bulksupplements.com. This is not an expensive supplement at least in the U.S. Two days of taking a teaspoon each morning made a very big difference. I've been taking it for 2 weeks now. The only pain I've experienced in the past 36 hours was a little twinge when I rolled over in bed last night before sleeping. I plan to keep taking it for 30 days. I'm pretty sure my problem is diverticulitis; I had an appendectomy in 2012.

Ohhh my bad I thought it had to be the super high quality stuff - I had a bad experience with low quality TUDCA but high quality stuff was amazing. In that case I'll go ahead and order some. Do you still think its a colon issue? I can even feel a pressure there when I sit "criss-cross" as I usually do. Again so sorry to hear about your diverticulitis

mostlylurking

Ohhh my bad I thought it had to be the super high quality stuff - I had a bad experience with low quality TUDCA but high quality stuff was amazing. In that case I'll go ahead and order some. Do you still think its a colon issue? I can even feel a pressure there when I sit "criss-cross" as I usually do. Again so sorry to hear about your diverticulitis
Depending where you are, if you are in the U.S., you could simply drive over to the local health food store and pick some up. It seems to be a very popular supplement.

Yes, I still think my problem is/was a colon issue. The problem of sitting would come and go. I think that the l-glutamine is solving my issue and I'm well on the way to total recovery. The twinge of discomfort I felt last night was resolved via emptying my bladder (yet again!) and lying under a red light (chicken brooder light) for 20 minutes. I've been fine today. I have more energy than I've had in weeks and spent Sunday using the leaf blower for several hours.

OP
H

Hairfedup

Depending where you are, if you are in the U.S., you could simply drive over to the local health food store and pick some up. It seems to be a very popular supplement.

Yes, I still think my problem is/was a colon issue. The problem of sitting would come and go. I think that the l-glutamine is solving my issue and I'm well on the way to total recovery. The twinge of discomfort I felt last night was resolved via emptying my bladder (yet again!) and lying under a red light (chicken brooder light) for 20 minutes. I've been fine today. I have more energy than I've had in weeks and spent Sunday using the leaf blower for several hours.

That's great to know that you're doing so much better. Hopefully I'll follow suit!

mostlylurking

That's great to know that you're doing so much better. Hopefully I'll follow suit!
I hope that you do consider giving it a try. I do think that l-glutamine is a pretty safe (and pretty cheap) fix to the damaged gut problem so long as it's minor damage and can repair quickly (30 days of supplementation seems pretty safe to me). I know that it did work for my friend with the fissure and it does seem to be working quickly for me.

Do take the time to read about l-glutamine and the gut; there are several papers on pubmed. Long term use of it would be more problematic and I think should be avoided.

OP
H

Hairfedup

I hope that you do consider giving it a try. I do think that l-glutamine is a pretty safe (and pretty cheap) fix to the damaged gut problem so long as it's minor damage and can repair quickly (30 days of supplementation seems pretty safe to me). I know that it did work for my friend with the fissure and it does seem to be working quickly for me.

Do take the time to read about l-glutamine and the gut; there are several papers on pubmed. Long term use of it would be more problematic and I think should be avoided.

Yes I have some on the way the only thing is that I haven't been able to come across how glutamine might affect any heart or vascular type stuff. The reason I ask if I've developed breathlessness, pain in my jawn arms and chest which is quite worrying (!) BUT I had my heart fully checked out late August and it was apparently in great condition. I wonder if I'm suffering from vasoconstriction due to high cholesterol+smoking (immediately feel it after one puff) but it seems strange how this started overnight since these gut issues began. Maybe the pencillin raised my bp? Or perhaps I already have vascular issues (pinky toe nails gone black for a while now). I don't know. The balancing game on my end is getting really tiring.

Yes I have some on the way the only thing is that I haven't been able to come across how glutamine might affect any heart or vascular type stuff. The reason I ask if I've developed breathlessness, pain in my jawn arms and chest which is quite worrying (!) BUT I had my heart fully checked out late August and it was apparently in great condition. I wonder if I'm suffering from vasoconstriction due to high cholesterol+smoking (immediately feel it after one puff) but it seems strange how this started overnight since these gut issues began. Maybe the pencillin raised my bp? Or perhaps I already have vascular issues (pinky toe nails gone black for a while now). I don't know. The balancing game on my end is getting really tiring.
are your shoes too tight?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals