So Many Issues - Please Help

anaprag

Hello,

I am having so many digestion related issues, it's hard to know where to begin. I would be so grateful for any advice, I just feel really desperate with my condition.

One of my biggest issues currently is that I am having instant stomach pain when I drink any fluids including water, even a sip of water. I have tried many types of liquids, at different temperatures but I always feel this sharp pain straight away after even a sip. I also feel a sensation in my intestinal area at the same time as soon as I take a sip. Even a bit of water, fresh fruits and certain vegetables particularly green veg and those with seeds give me an instant coldness throughout my body and makes me feel a bit dizzy. I spoke to my doctor about the issue with pain and water and he reckons I have inflammation in my stomach so just prescribed me PPIs but I am not taking them. I just can't figure out what might be causing this.

I was diagnosed with a 2cm sliding hiatus hernia and non-erosive duodenitis a few months ago, but the upper GI endoscopy found normal villous, no diagnoses of coeliac disease and no active inflammation. There was no evidence of neoplasia and no parasites. I also had a CT scan which didn't find anything.

My health has been very poor over the last year and a half, as I stopped eating so many foods due to lower abdominal pain that I was only eating white rice and carrots until 4 months back. I had no appetite at all. At this lowest point I was 29kg and my height is 5'5. I was losing a kilo every couple of weeks, I felt I might die soon. I have since started refeeding alone, determined to eat again, and introduced some variety of foods again in my diet. By having small frequent meals every 2-3 hours, my appetite has increased a lot. But I cannot eat too much in one go due to my hiatal hernia and I feel nauseas if I consume too much fat. My weight is now 42kg and most of the gain was due to eating a lot of wheat flatbreads, but I have gone gluten free with millet flatbreads since I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy through a blood test at the end of December. The reason I had the allergy test is because my legs and abdomen became very swollen, I had pitting edema. Since stopping wheat, the swelling has almost gone but it is still around my belly.

I have poor digestion and struggle with too much fat or protein. I cannot tolerate raw, cold foods. I tried coconut oil but that just feels too heavy in my stomach and kills my appetite, even with a tiny amount.

My weight gain was mostly over the first 2 months, it seems to have stabilized but I still have a long way to go. I have been experimenting with milk - both raw cows and pasturised goats, but both make me feel very fatigued with my head and eyes aching. Sometimes I feel nausea from milk. I sometimes feel as though I'm drunk after drinking milk! I am waiting for an allergy test for dairy and nuts. I have been a vegetarian for years, but have recently reintroduced eggs and a bit of chicken for the protein. I don't know if in the meanwhile I should persevere with the milk as I don't know if I have an allergy, but it's difficult to function in the day with that kind of fatigue.

Whilst I was refeeding, any sugars would make me feel dizzy and my tongue had white patches and became sore. My doctor did a swab test which came positive for candida and gave me oral thrush medicines which they give to babies, but I stopped this after taking it for a day as it gave me stomach pains, and I read that it can kill the good as well as bad bacteria. So I suspect I also have a candida issue. Is it possible that I might have candida in my stomach which could be causing the issue with drinking liquids? But I find it strange that I can tolerate dry foods, it's just liquids I have issues with, including food in liquid form like soup. I have been eating more dry foods and feel a bit warmer than when I was having soups over the last few weeks.

My white tongue has gone since I have eliminated sugars, even natural ones like fruit. But if I do have anything sweet, including a bit more milk, my tongue becomes sore and starts bleeding the next day. I have had blood tests for blood sugar but that has been normal.

I have been taking probiotics slowly but am thinking of increasing the dose if that will help build up the good bacteria quicker. I am taking transdermal vitamin D and magnesium. I am not taking any other supplements.

My blood tests showed that my ferritin is really low at 9. I have struggled with this in the past because I cannot tolerate iron supplements. I am considering trying ionic iron. I tried eating more spinach and greens but that made me feel so cold and uncomfortable. Not surprisingly, I have not had a period for 1.5 years given my low weight and iron. I have previously been diagnosed with PCOS around 10 years ago, when I weighed around 60kg, ate a lot of junk food. It's after this point that I changed my diet to a 'healthy' one, which reduced my appetite and I feel lowered my metabolism so much. I am constantly cold, with cold hands and feet and feel I may have hypothyrodism even though my thyroid tests are always normal.

My bone profile showed Serum adjusted calcium concentration 2.15 mmol/L [2.2 - 2.6] so a bit low.
Red blood cell count 3.89 x10^12/L [3.9 - 5.6]
Haemoglobin concentration 119 g/L [115.0 - 165.0]
Haematocrit 0.392 L/L [0.37 - 0.47]
Mean cell volume 101 fL [80.0 - 99.0]
igA test results were normal

Many foods like any fruits with a sour taste, yogurt, salt, spices, give me a burning sensation in my stomach, so I am not taking these.

Sleep is a real problem as whenever I try to go to sleep early, I end up having to eat something just before as I feel so hungry. Once I go to bed I get to sleep straight away from the exhaustion but I cannot get more than around 5 hours of sleep even though I eat as much as I can during the day. My hunger wakes me up very early. I have tried catching up with a bit of sleep during the day but I find it difficult as I sometimes feel nausea from laying after eating, and I find I end up eating less if I sleep during the day. So I would really like to sleep more at night.

I just feel very tired all day, every day. I am trying my best to eat and drink as best as I can, but it's so disheartening when I seem to react to all foods and even water. It's a struggle to get enough calories. I am really concerned about the discomfort I feel from drinking water. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my issues. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

I am kind of scared giving you advice, but I would suggest looking into transdermal delivery of fats. Meaning purified (preferably hydrogenated, but it does not matter) coconut oil spread on the skin. Taurine and vitamins could also be safely delivered like that.

Famotidine reduced stomach acid formation and haidut has posted a number of studies showing a wide range of benefits it has. Could be worth a shot.

Have you tried water with a bit of sodium bicarbonate? It might be drinkable, so a careful test might be in order.

You might have systematic candida. It is tested with a blood test, so if you can get it, great.

Oil pulling with coconut oil could help. It should help reduce candida in the mouth at least.

Activated charcoal might have positive effects, but be careful testing that too.

OP
A

anaprag

I am kind of scared giving you advice, but I would suggest looking into transdermal delivery of fats. Meaning purified (preferably hydrogenated, but it does not matter) coconut oil spread on the skin. Taurine and vitamins could also be safely delivered like that.

Famotidine reduced stomach acid formation and haidut has posted a number of studies showing a wide range of benefits it has. Could be worth a shot.

Have you tried water with a bit of sodium bicarbonate? It might be drinkable, so a careful test might be in order.

You might have systematic candida. It is tested with a blood test, so if you can get it, great.

Oil pulling with coconut oil could help. It should help reduce candida in the mouth at least.

Activated charcoal might have positive effects, but be careful testing that too.

Thanks Hugh, that's really helpful - I will look into these suggestions.

Is coconut oil the best fat for transdermal use because of the anti-fungal properties?

Also, would unprocessed coconut oil be fine for the oil pulling, or is a refined version better?

Hugh Johnson

Thanks Hugh, that's really helpful - I will look into these suggestions.

Is coconut oil the best fat for transdermal use because of the anti-fungal properties?

Also, would unprocessed coconut oil be fine for the oil pulling, or is a refined version better?
Refined is better because it has no allergens. However, if you can tolerate it, it does not matter.

Partially antifungal, but mostly because it's saturated so it should help your metabolism generally. Normally you get it by eating, but right now that seems hard. You might message haidut or someone else far smarter than me for suggestions.

lampofred

Hello,

I am having so many digestion related issues, it's hard to know where to begin. I would be so grateful for any advice, I just feel really desperate with my condition.

One of my biggest issues currently is that I am having instant stomach pain when I drink any fluids including water, even a sip of water. I have tried many types of liquids, at different temperatures but I always feel this sharp pain straight away after even a sip. I also feel a sensation in my intestinal area at the same time as soon as I take a sip. Even a bit of water, fresh fruits and certain vegetables particularly green veg and those with seeds give me an instant coldness throughout my body and makes me feel a bit dizzy. I spoke to my doctor about the issue with pain and water and he reckons I have inflammation in my stomach so just prescribed me PPIs but I am not taking them. I just can't figure out what might be causing this.

I was diagnosed with a 2cm sliding hiatus hernia and non-erosive duodenitis a few months ago, but the upper GI endoscopy found normal villous, no diagnoses of coeliac disease and no active inflammation. There was no evidence of neoplasia and no parasites. I also had a CT scan which didn't find anything.

My health has been very poor over the last year and a half, as I stopped eating so many foods due to lower abdominal pain that I was only eating white rice and carrots until 4 months back. I had no appetite at all. At this lowest point I was 29kg and my height is 5'5. I was losing a kilo every couple of weeks, I felt I might die soon. I have since started refeeding alone, determined to eat again, and introduced some variety of foods again in my diet. By having small frequent meals every 2-3 hours, my appetite has increased a lot. But I cannot eat too much in one go due to my hiatal hernia and I feel nauseas if I consume too much fat. My weight is now 42kg and most of the gain was due to eating a lot of wheat flatbreads, but I have gone gluten free with millet flatbreads since I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy through a blood test at the end of December. The reason I had the allergy test is because my legs and abdomen became very swollen, I had pitting edema. Since stopping wheat, the swelling has almost gone but it is still around my belly.

I have poor digestion and struggle with too much fat or protein. I cannot tolerate raw, cold foods. I tried coconut oil but that just feels too heavy in my stomach and kills my appetite, even with a tiny amount.

My weight gain was mostly over the first 2 months, it seems to have stabilized but I still have a long way to go. I have been experimenting with milk - both raw cows and pasturised goats, but both make me feel very fatigued with my head and eyes aching. Sometimes I feel nausea from milk. I sometimes feel as though I'm drunk after drinking milk! I am waiting for an allergy test for dairy and nuts. I have been a vegetarian for years, but have recently reintroduced eggs and a bit of chicken for the protein. I don't know if in the meanwhile I should persevere with the milk as I don't know if I have an allergy, but it's difficult to function in the day with that kind of fatigue.

Whilst I was refeeding, any sugars would make me feel dizzy and my tongue had white patches and became sore. My doctor did a swab test which came positive for candida and gave me oral thrush medicines which they give to babies, but I stopped this after taking it for a day as it gave me stomach pains, and I read that it can kill the good as well as bad bacteria. So I suspect I also have a candida issue. Is it possible that I might have candida in my stomach which could be causing the issue with drinking liquids? But I find it strange that I can tolerate dry foods, it's just liquids I have issues with, including food in liquid form like soup. I have been eating more dry foods and feel a bit warmer than when I was having soups over the last few weeks.

My white tongue has gone since I have eliminated sugars, even natural ones like fruit. But if I do have anything sweet, including a bit more milk, my tongue becomes sore and starts bleeding the next day. I have had blood tests for blood sugar but that has been normal.

I have been taking probiotics slowly but am thinking of increasing the dose if that will help build up the good bacteria quicker. I am taking transdermal vitamin D and magnesium. I am not taking any other supplements.

My blood tests showed that my ferritin is really low at 9. I have struggled with this in the past because I cannot tolerate iron supplements. I am considering trying ionic iron. I tried eating more spinach and greens but that made me feel so cold and uncomfortable. Not surprisingly, I have not had a period for 1.5 years given my low weight and iron. I have previously been diagnosed with PCOS around 10 years ago, when I weighed around 60kg, ate a lot of junk food. It's after this point that I changed my diet to a 'healthy' one, which reduced my appetite and I feel lowered my metabolism so much. I am constantly cold, with cold hands and feet and feel I may have hypothyrodism even though my thyroid tests are always normal.

My bone profile showed Serum adjusted calcium concentration 2.15 mmol/L [2.2 - 2.6] so a bit low.

Many foods like any fruits with a sour taste, yogurt, salt, spices, give me a burning sensation in my stomach, so I am not taking these.

Sleep is a real problem as whenever I try to go to sleep early, I end up having to eat something just before as I feel so hungry. Once I go to bed I get to sleep straight away from the exhaustion but I cannot get more than around 5 hours of sleep even though I eat as much as I can during the day. My hunger wakes me up very early. I have tried catching up with a bit of sleep during the day but I find it difficult as I sometimes feel nausea from laying after eating, and I find I end up eating less if I sleep during the day. So I would really like to sleep more at night.

I just feel very tired all day, every day. I am trying my best to eat and drink as best as I can, but it's so disheartening when I seem to react to all foods and even water. It's a struggle to get enough calories. I am really concerned about the discomfort I feel from drinking water. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my issues. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Do you think you might have an ulcer or something? Stomach pain just from drinking water sounds concerning.

For people with very poor digestion, Dr. Peat recommends potato juice. It is bland enough to not be irritating but is also nourishing and reduces toxins like ammonia and eases burden on your kidneys by forming amino acids via its keto acids, so that the kidneys don't have to process extra protein. Bone broth/gelatin should also be an easy to digest but highly nourishing source of protein. Dr. Peat said hernias are due to excess cortisol relative to testosterone and DHEA, and bone broth will help to reduce cortisol because of its glycine content. Feeling drunk from milk also sounds like way too much tryptophan being converted into serotonin, and bone broth should help with that as well, since it is a source of protein that has n0 tryptophan.

Bag breathing, exposing yourself to sun/bright incandescent light, keeping warm, and maintaining a good intake of magnesium, sodium should also help with relaxation/regeneration.

Lilac

Dr. Ellie's program for oral health seems to have fixed tongue problems I had for 40-plus years. My problems were a coated tongue and, worse, white callouses on the sides where the back teeth rubbed. Long story short, after I did Dr. Ellie's program for a while, at least six months, these problems were gone. I realize your digestive problems are complex, but I think this system might be helpful, at least to improve the mouth biome.

See this big thread:
This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Dave Clark

I know you have a complex set of issues, but regarding the gut, my wife had similar issues, and she got almost complete relief from using collagen (currently the Great Lakes brand). If you can tolerate it, you should give it a try if you haven't already.
Regarding the hiatal hernia, a rebounder is something to try to help bring the stomach down from the diaphram: https://www.traceylinneweber.com/si...ampoline----Best-Exercise-for-a-Hiatal-Hernia

OP
A

anaprag

Do you think you might have an ulcer or something? Stomach pain just from drinking water sounds concerning.

For people with very poor digestion, Dr. Peat recommends potato juice. It is bland enough to not be irritating but is also nourishing and reduces toxins like ammonia and eases burden on your kidneys by forming amino acids via its keto acids, so that the kidneys don't have to process extra protein. Bone broth/gelatin should also be an easy to digest but highly nourishing source of protein. Dr. Peat said hernias are due to excess cortisol relative to testosterone and DHEA, and bone broth will help to reduce cortisol because of its glycine content. Feeling drunk from milk also sounds like way too much tryptophan being converted into serotonin, and bone broth should help with that as well, since it is a source of protein that has n0 tryptophan.

Bag breathing, exposing yourself to sun/bright incandescent light, keeping warm, and maintaining a good intake of magnesium, sodium should also help with relaxation/regeneration.

Thanks, I will look into these. I don't think I have an ulcer as nothing was found in the endoscopy.

fradon

Hello,

dr wilson has a good article on YIN AND YANG FOODS. he recommends eating only cooked vegetables nothing raw. sounds like your body is against anything yin. fruit, raw veg, even cold water is all considered YIN in chinese medecine.

low iron causes tongue swelling.

your hernia is also responsible for some of your problems. You need to work on that. drink a bottole of water as soon as you get up in the morning and this weill help weigh down the stomach. then do some jumping jacks to help the stomach get pulled down into place

inability to digest fat and protien is low stomach acid. low stomach acid will also cause low iron.

avoid iron supplements if you can as they can increase constipation. eat small portions of red meat with bacon instead. salt will help increase stomach acid.

OP
A

anaprag

I know you have a complex set of issues, but regarding the gut, my wife had similar issues, and she got almost complete relief from using collagen (currently the Great Lakes brand). If you can tolerate it, you should give it a try if you haven't already.
Regarding the hiatal hernia, a rebounder is something to try to help bring the stomach down from the diaphram: https://www.traceylinneweber.com/si...ampoline----Best-Exercise-for-a-Hiatal-Hernia

Thanks Dave, I was looking up the Great Lakes collagen - did your wife take the Beef Collagen Hydrolysate (Collagen Hydrolysate 3 Pack - FREE SHIPPING*) ? They seem to be selling a few varieties so thought I'd check.

OP
A

anaprag

Refined is better because it has no allergens. However, if you can tolerate it, it does not matter.

Partially antifungal, but mostly because it's saturated so it should help your metabolism generally. Normally you get it by eating, but right now that seems hard. You might message haidut or someone else far smarter than me for suggestions.

I tried spreading the coconut oil on my skin and almost instantly felt very chilly and this feeling lasted for some time. Looks like my body just does not like coconut in any form. When I tried oil pulling with coconut oil I also felt the same. I don't have these issues with other oils like almond oil. Shea butter is also ok - would this be beneficial if I put it on my skin?

Have you come across any transdermal vitamins and minerals online? I'm currently taking Vit D and magnesium transdermally. I am based in the UK and on searching, came across transdermal minerals and vitamin C:
Transdermal Mineral Spray 250ml
Transdermal Vitamin C Spray 250ml

These are prepared in a base of DMSO which I have not come across but when I did a search, it sounded like this could be harmful and has many side effects. Do you know if this would be safe to take? The Vit D and magnesium I currently take are in a shea butter base which I've not had any problem with.

I'd be happy to ship transdermal vitamins and minerals from the US if there are good ones available.

OP
A

anaprag

Dr. Ellie's program for oral health seems to have fixed tongue problems I had for 40-plus years. My problems were a coated tongue and, worse, white callouses on the sides where the back teeth rubbed. Long story short, after I did Dr. Ellie's program for a while, at least six months, these problems were gone. I realize your digestive problems are complex, but I think this system might be helpful, at least to improve the mouth biome.

See this big thread:
This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Thanks Lilac, I will look into similar products available here in the UK.

OP
A

anaprag

I don't think I have an ulcer as the tests did not pick this up. Thanks for the recommendations, I am hoping to give these a go soon. For bag breathing, can any bag be used or does it need to be a paper bag?

Hugh Johnson

I tried spreading the coconut oil on my skin and almost instantly felt very chilly and this feeling lasted for some time. Looks like my body just does not like coconut in any form. When I tried oil pulling with coconut oil I also felt the same. I don't have these issues with other oils like almond oil. Shea butter is also ok - would this be beneficial if I put it on my skin?

Have you come across any transdermal vitamins and minerals online? I'm currently taking Vit D and magnesium transdermally. I am based in the UK and on searching, came across transdermal minerals and vitamin C:
Transdermal Mineral Spray 250ml
Transdermal Vitamin C Spray 250ml

These are prepared in a base of DMSO which I have not come across but when I did a search, it sounded like this could be harmful and has many side effects. Do you know if this would be safe to take? The Vit D and magnesium I currently take are in a shea butter base which I've not had any problem with.

I'd be happy to ship transdermal vitamins and minerals from the US if there are good ones available.
Any vitamin and amino acid will absorb via the skin if spread on it. Minerals, I don't know, but magnesium is often used transdermally.

Was the coconut oil purified? If not, you probably had an allergic reaction, that is the reason I favour purified coconut oil. Shea butter is better than many other sources, but inferior to milk fat and especially coconut oil.

OP
A

anaprag

Any vitamin and amino acid will absorb via the skin if spread on it. Minerals, I don't know, but magnesium is often used transdermally.

Was the coconut oil purified? If not, you probably had an allergic reaction, that is the reason I favour purified coconut oil. Shea butter is better than many other sources, but inferior to milk fat and especially coconut oil.

Thanks. Yes it was a refined coconut oil that I tried but not hydrogenated. I couldn't find a hydrogenated one, do you think that would make a difference?

Hugh Johnson

Thanks. Yes it was a refined coconut oil that I tried but not hydrogenated. I couldn't find a hydrogenated one, do you think that would make a difference?
Probably not, but if you find some you should give it a try. I suspect you are reacting to the fattry acids themselves. However, if you felt cold, perhaps test it by making sure your body stays warm. It is likely that you have a low body temperature. If you day time temperature is below 37 Celcius, it is going to be causing issues, and feeling cold is just a signal that your body is trying to warm up.

LowTemp

Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

If you are willing to try it, look into Urine Therapy. It has anecdotally cured pretty much every issue there is, and makes me feel like a rockstar.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello,

The hiatal hernia and duodenitis can easily explain the pain you feel when you drink/eat. The duodenitis probably contributes too. I think forum member @Such_Saturation had duodenitis at some point and experienced similar symptoms. The duodenitis may be helped by some anti-acid drugs but I would not use PPI as they are really toxic. I would ask the doctor for famotidine and if he/she agrees then use that for a few weeks. If the pain starts subsiding after the first week then it is probably working.
Aside from that, I would do liver tests and also tests for iron. Your RBC is low and the other values are borderline low. So, I would ask the doctor for tests for ferritin, transferin, iron saturation, ceruloplasmin, and serum iron.
The Candida diagnosis suggests immunity is suppressed and it may be due to elevated cortisol considering your belly fat gain. So, I would also ask the doctor for a blood cortisol test, prolactin, DHEA-S, and progesterone.
If you think the doctor would go for it I'd also ask for TSH, total T4/T3, cholesterol and vitamin D tests.
Just my 2c.

OP
A

anaprag

The hiatal hernia and duodenitis can easily explain the pain you feel when you drink/eat. The duodenitis probably contributes too. I think forum member @Such_Saturation had duodenitis at some point and experienced similar symptoms. The duodenitis may be helped by some anti-acid drugs but I would not use PPI as they are really toxic. I would ask the doctor for famotidine and if he/she agrees then use that for a few weeks. If the pain starts subsiding after the first week then it is probably working.
Aside from that, I would do liver tests and also tests for iron. Your RBC is low and the other values are borderline low. So, I would ask the doctor for tests for ferritin, transferin, iron saturation, ceruloplasmin, and serum iron.
The Candida diagnosis suggests immunity is suppressed and it may be due to elevated cortisol considering your belly fat gain. So, I would also ask the doctor for a blood cortisol test, prolactin, DHEA-S, and progesterone.
If you think the doctor would go for it I'd also ask for TSH, total T4/T3, cholesterol and vitamin D tests.
Just my 2c.

Hello Haidut,

Thank you very much, I will speak to my doctor about these and hopefully have these tested.

As I mentioned that even a sip of water is making me feel very cold and dizzy instantly, I just started experimenting by adding quite a bit of salt to natural mineral water and drinking it this way. I am finding that I am not feeling cold or dizzy and am able to tolerate water which is great. However, I am getting a burning sensation a while later, which might be because of potential inflammation in my stomach and the duodenitis? I have this issue with salt, which is why I am using very little in my food too. Am I right in thinking that if the salt feels like it's burning, it will make the inflammation worse? I was hoping if you might have an idea on how I can create a similar 'isotonic' type drink without so much salt and without acid e.g. lime juice? I tried adding just a little salt to water but that doesn't work for me. I have seen posts online talking about making your own isotonic drinks but these involve fruit juices which I think I might find acidic. I feel ok eating pears, so maybe pear juice will be tolerable. I would really like to be able to drink something again as I feel so dehydrated.

Interestingly, I tried a bit of warmed melted ice cream yesterday which did not make me feel cold at all, but I do feel cold when I take hot milk. Would adding sugar to milk help potentially?

I was also reading your thread about amino acids for people with poor digestive issues. Do you think a supplement like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F3J4HWS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BQPVBb3CE7ASK
(which I found from the same thread) might be beneficial, and if so, what dosage? I have also heard mixed things about hydrolysed collagen as it has helped many but others get digestive issues and side affects. Do you think an amino acid supplement like the one above might have the same or more benefits than the collagen, and have fewer issues for someone like me with poor digestion?

Thanks again!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals