Alternatives to Penicillin?

rooz7939

So I've been dealing with digestive issues for a few years now (probably since childhood but it's been really bad the past few years) without much success in trying to change things. My guess is that it's mostly a fungal issue (probably with a side of bacterial imbalance to keep things exciting). As a result, I've been wanting to try penicillin for a while - as a kid I used to get penicillin shots for what I think was candidaisis quite often (white spots at the back of throat, etc) and they seemed to work.

Problem is I don't have access to penicillin (or other prescription antibiotics) so I'm wondering if there are any alternatives that might work as well.

Carrots and mushrooms don't help that much, I feel carrots help with lowering endotoxin load but it's not enough. I've also tried some other alternatives with no or limited success. Coconut oil also helps a bit but none of these things seem "strong" enough (even at higher doses). Lately I've been using sodium bicarbonate + vinegar (baking soda alone really makes me bloated) and it certainly helps keep things calm and comfortable so I'm sticking with it to see how it works long term.

I've also tried some other stuff like oil of oregano, turpentine and borax; oil of oregano is very harsh for me as is turpentine, I feel they do more harm to my gut lining than help especially . Borax also initially seemed to help and definitely at least increased libido but I also felt some estrogenic effects so I stopped.

Thanks in advance for all the inputs!

LA

So I've been dealing with digestive issues for a few years now (probably since childhood but it's been really bad the past few years) without much success in trying to change things. My guess is that it's mostly a fungal issue (probably with a side of bacterial imbalance to keep things exciting). As a result, I've been wanting to try penicillin for a while - as a kid I used to get penicillin shots for what I think was candidaisis quite often (white spots at the back of throat, etc) and they seemed to work.

Problem is I don't have access to penicillin (or other prescription antibiotics) so I'm wondering if there are any alternatives that might work as well.

Carrots and mushrooms don't help that much, I feel carrots help with lowering endotoxin load but it's not enough. I've also tried some other alternatives with no or limited success. Coconut oil also helps a bit but none of these things seem "strong" enough (even at higher doses). Lately I've been using sodium bicarbonate + vinegar (baking soda alone really makes me bloated) and it certainly helps keep things calm and comfortable so I'm sticking with it to see how it works long term.

I've also tried some other stuff like oil of oregano, turpentine and borax; oil of oregano is very harsh for me as is turpentine, I feel they do more harm to my gut lining than help especially . Borax also initially seemed to help and definitely at least increased libido but I also felt some estrogenic effects so I stopped.

Some Aquarium Stores sell Tetracycline and when my husband had no health insurance he would purchase it there.
Potassium Iodide (Iodide not Iodine) might help you. It helps me for various things. I first tried it as an earache remedy after I went out in the wind and my ear hurt the next day. I put a drop in that ear for 3 days in a row and the ache went away. Now I take one drop orally at least 5 days a week along with tea or milk or coffee.
I had gut issues until I totally (absolutely totally) gave up all starch including potatoes
If you use vinegar try to find some that has NO added water.

Vins7

Some Aquarium Stores sell Tetracycline and when my husband had no health insurance he would purchase it there.
Potassium Iodide (Iodide not Iodine) might help you. It helps me for various things. I first tried it as an earache remedy after I went out in the wind and my ear hurt the next day. I put a drop in that ear for 3 days in a row and the ache went away. Now I take one drop orally at least 5 days a week along with tea or milk or coffee.
I had gut issues until I totally (absolutely totally) gave up all starch including potatoes
Without starch what are your main carbs sources? And how many grams of carbs are you consuming?

OP
R

rooz7939

Thanks! I actually don't eat much starch, a couple of spoonfuls of rice maybe once a month and with coconut oil. Most of the carbs I consume come from fruits, honey and some maple syrup (overall I'd say around 300g). How much potassium Iodide do you take? I've read conflicting opinions on Iodine (not sure if it applies to all forms or just Iodine) but I've wanted to try it as an antibiotic.

Roquefort and blue cheeses are made with penicillin.

Attachments

• 20211121_155134.jpg
    20211121_155134.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211121_155050.jpg
    20211121_155050.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 14

Rasaari

Penicillin is mostly useless nowadays, will do more harm than good. It inhibits only a few clinically significant bacteria, and in most countries its completely phased out. A cycle of amoxi-clav in most people provides a good spectrum of inhibition. With pharma antibiotics you really have to know your stuff, as killing certain bacteria will allow others to grow when their natural competitors are killed. A good case of this is c. difficile infection. If you are in America you can get abx from mexico, ordering from india might be riskier, and vet&pet abx are rx free, but a bit pricier. Camphosal from idealabs is something that is very safe&effective ime in clearing the intestinal tract.

Attachments

• Antibiotics_coverage_diagram.jpg
    Antibiotics_coverage_diagram.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 44

LA

Without starch what are your main carbs sources? And how many grams of carbs are you consuming?
Daily I consume at least 100 grams of carbohydrates. My main sources of carbs are Vitamin D Organic Milk, Homogenized, Ultra-Pasteurized and 73% Extra-Dark chocolate and/or organic hard-ginger candies. Sometimes I make a 'tea' from organic ground ginger root and add a teaspoon of ground Cane-sugar, then pour boiling water over all of it, stir and add cold milk to cool it down for easy sipping.
My standard habit is to pour 4 cups of room-temperature whole milk, one by one as needed, and leave each cup on the kitchen table or sitting on the stove to warm up before drinking. I use milk to take supplements, sip while eating hard-boiled eggs, etc. I also add cold milk from a carton in the refrigerator to my 2 cups of coffee. Sometimes I have green tea with Jasmine about an hour after the morning coffee and add milk too.
At first after reading your question I guessed that I was getting 4 cups of milk plus a little more for coffee. I gave it more attention to try to be more exact and poured milk into a 2 cup measuring cup. I had to do it 3 times. I tested for two days. I found I was consuming a *minimum* of 6 cups daily. I actually drink another cup of warm milk before retiring for the evening and to use for taking Magnesium, Aspirin and Melatonin in the evening.

LA

Penicillin is mostly useless nowadays, will do more harm than good. It inhibits only a few clinically significant bacteria, and in most countries its completely phased out. A cycle of amoxi-clav in most people provides a good spectrum of inhibition. With pharma antibiotics you really have to know your stuff, as killing certain bacteria will allow others to grow when their natural competitors are killed. A good case of this is c. difficile infection. If you are in America you can get abx from mexico, ordering from india might be riskier, and vet&pet abx are rx free, but a bit pricier. Camphosal from idealabs is something that is very safe&effective ime in clearing the intestinal tract.
Absolutely true! I am allergic to Penicillin. My antibiotic of choice is Azithromycin.
- - - Plus as part of this thread. It is wise to avoid eating moldy foods. Moldy cheese should be avoided. Also the French BAGUETTE sour dough roll bread goes moldy fast and should be eaten the day it is baked. Avoid all mold. Many spices such as ground-ginger and cloves IF they are Organic, Non-GMO, Non-ETO, Non-Irradiated are antiseptic and healing.

LA

Thanks! I actually don't eat much starch, a couple of spoonfuls of rice maybe once a month and with coconut oil. Most of the carbs I consume come from fruits, honey and some maple syrup (overall I'd say around 300g). How much potassium Iodide do you take? I've read conflicting opinions on Iodine (not sure if it applies to all forms or just Iodine) but I've wanted to try it as an antibiotic.
We purchase 2 types of Iodine.
Lugol's solution which is Potassium Iodide and Iodine.
- - - The one I use for my ear drop is clear and is only Potassium Iodide:
Eidon Ionic Minerals Iodine Liquid Concentrate, 2 fl oz
//www.vitacost.com/eidon-ionic-minerals-iodine-liquid-concentrate-2-fl-oz
2 drops equal 225mcg. I have only been using 1 drop as needed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals