My Experience With Coconut Oil

Bluemachine

last night I had some refined coconut oil for the first time (had been looking for it for ages but everything I found was raw extra virgin stuff) mixed in with my dinner & it had an immediate effect of anxiety and pain in upper stomach where I've had discomfort for ages now. I was confused at first and worried that the chicken I ate was off or something but no, it was definitely fine and the only thing I'd done differently to what I usually do was adding the coconut oil. The only reason for this reaction I can think of is the antimicrobial action of CO causing some kind of unpleasant die off symptoms. I definitely wasn't expecting that because I've tried oregano oil, penicillin, s boulardii, wormwood, black walnut & clove all with some positives & negatives but nothing gave me those 2 symptoms indicative of die-off so quickly & strongly. caprylic acid(a component of CO) is commonly recommended for candida overgrowth and it seems there are a few studies that suggest it's effective for eradicating biofilms but so does oregano oil apparently so I'm confused as to why the CO had such an immediate and strong effect.

Summer

You might be allergic. Coconut oil upsets my stomach too. It also burnt my scalp when I applied it on there whereas olive oil has no such effect.

OP
B

Bluemachine

You might be allergic. Coconut oil upsets my stomach too. It also burnt my scalp when I applied it on there whereas olive oil has no such effect.
I thought the allergens were removed in refined CO? Hence why I avoided buying the extra virgin stuff. Which one were you using?

OP
B

Bluemachine

last night I had some refined coconut oil for the first time (had been looking for it for ages but everything I found was raw extra virgin stuff) mixed in with my dinner & it had an immediate effect of anxiety and pain in upper stomach where I've had discomfort for ages now. I was confused at first and worried that the chicken I ate was off or something but no, it was definitely fine and the only thing I'd done differently to what I usually do was adding the coconut oil. The only reason for this reaction I can think of is the antimicrobial action of CO causing some kind of unpleasant die off symptoms. I definitely wasn't expecting that because I've tried oregano oil, penicillin, s boulardii, wormwood, black walnut & clove all with some positives & negatives but nothing gave me those 2 symptoms indicative of die-off so quickly & strongly. caprylic acid(a component of CO) is commonly recommended for candida overgrowth and it seems there are a few studies that suggest it's effective for eradicating biofilms but so does oregano oil apparently so I'm confused as to why the CO had such an immediate and strong effect.
I'm now more convinced that the effect of the coconut oil might be related to biofilm disruption after having diarrhoea followed by a flu like episode for the past few days, these are not the usual symptoms I experience from an allergic reaction to a food and I feel better now than prior - less gas & better mood mainly.

So.. I'm interested in peoples opinions on & experiences with biofilm disruptors, I can't seem to find any mention of peat talking about them. Since I'm currently taking a course of antimicrobial herbs it might be worth testing something perhaps stronger than CO

suggestions appreciated :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals