Reducing Endotoxin - Advice?

BruceD

Hi,

I am trying to improve gut biome/reduce endotoxin as I think it is causing some nagging issues that I have not otherwise been unable to resolve though other Peat methods. The issues I have are low-key anxiety, difficulty with weight loss, and a middle of the night awakening that has been a standard feature of my sleep for years.

I have been Peating the last few years and have had great success so far and much improvement. Still have the above issues and endotoxin is one area that I have not really addressed.

About 4 years ago, I had much worse symptoms, went to an alternative medicine doctor, and one of the diagnosis was candida overgrowth. Had thrush on the tongue, and other blood test indicators. He put me on various oral anti-fungals, low/no carb diet, etc. Never cleared it up. I did it for a year - it was miserable. Felt like I missed out on a year of my life the Herxheimer reaction was so bad.

Finally gave that up as it was going nowhere. What saved me was Betaine HCL. Was taking up to 10 pills per protein meal (around 30 per day). The improvement was massive and literally changed my life. I did this for a year with no end in sight until I discoverd Ray Peat. Started eating sugar and carbs again and followed the general principles. Within a couple of months did not need the Betaine HCL any longer. I had anti-thyroid antibodies in the 180's and they reduced to low 50s.

So I want to try reducing the endotoxin load as I think this the next layer of the onion.

My protocol:

Oregano oil - kill the bacteria
Activated Charcoal - sweep up the endotoxin
Cascara - keep bowels moving, as needed
Coconut oil - help neutralize endotoxin load
Molybdenum, B-1, B-2 - help liver detox

I can't really do the carrot salad, bamboo shoots, and Cascara is only 'as needed' as I had a partial colectomy and my gut is too sensitive and I will get diarrhea and other unpleasant symptoms. Transit time is not really an issue for me.

My questions -

1) Is there a way to measure progress, other than symptom improvement?

2) Should I be having a herxheimer reaction? It is always present. Is there a way to ameliorate it? Is it really necessary to feel like sh*t to get improvement?

3) Is there anything that I should/should not be doing that will negate progress? I had tried this before with the alternative medicine doc and with all the anti-fungals and supplements I made no progress as I was dumping undigested food down my throat due untreated low stomach-acid.

I know it is a long post and thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

What about button mushrooms, have you tried? In case your going to try be careful and eat young mushrooms only, not grown one, not portobello. Grown full developed mushrooms bear endotoxins itself. Read my thread for more information.
Extreme Endotoxin Reaction. White Mushrooms. Portobello

jdherk

Danny Roddy's recent Instagram post might be able to help you out, here you go: The Danny Roddy Weblog on Instagram: “Safe intestinal disinfectants I know of to help lower endotoxin and establish a better internal ecosystem include: ⠀ ⠀ • Flowers of sulfur⠀…”

"
thedannyroddyweblog
Safe intestinal disinfectants I know of to help lower endotoxin and establish a better internal ecosystem include: ⠀

• Flowers of sulfur⠀
• Ray's daily carrot salad⠀
• Bamboo shoots⠀
• Well-cooked white button mushrooms with refined coconut oil, salt, and white vinegar⠀
• Florassist bacteriophages⠀
• Megasporebiotic (contains the "antibiotic" B. Licheniformis and B. Subtilis strains of bacteria)⠀
• Biosporin (contains the "antibiotic" B. Licheniformis and B. Subtilis strains of bacteria)⠀
• Penicillin VK⠀
• Erythromycin⠀
• Tetracycline⠀
• Minocycline⠀
• Doxycycline⠀

It's important to take vitamin K when using antibiotics to avoid potential vitamin K deficiency. ⠀

Martin, C. Endocrine Physiology. 1985. "Vitamin K: The vitamins are synthesized by microorganisms of the large intestine. Deficiencies from the use of either antibiotics that kill the bacteria or agents that interfere with bile production and lipid absorption."⠀

OP
B

BruceD

@jdherk - Do any of these give you a herxheimer reaction? Natural disinfectants do seem to give me one, whereas antibiotics almost seem to have the opposite effect. Unfortunately, antibiotics need a prescription where I am at.

Where does one find 'flowers of sulphur'? I do not seem to see them on Amazon or anywhere else for that matter....

jdherk

Just search on "flowers of sulphur" on Amazon and you should find it immediately.

Not sure about the herxheimer reaction... I do suffer from joint inflamation though.
Caused by the food I eat, Carrot sallad lowers my joint pains.

Best regards.

OP
B

BruceD

Herxheimer reaction for me leaves me fatigued, irritable, anxious, and messes with my sleep.

Makes me think I am doing something wrong as I would think it should make me feel better. The times I have had prescriptions for anti-biotics I usually feel relaxed, sleep well, with a good sense of well-being. I would think that they would feel the same if they are in fact doing the same thing.

golder

Does anyone know the difference between Biosporin and Megasporebiotic? If one doesn't give any gastic relief, would it be worth trying the other?

S.Seneff

OP
B

BruceD

@Rickyman, I did not continue for long. Had some other complications that forced me to stop early.

My digestion has improved and allowed me to tolerate daily carrot salad and occasional cascara so I will go with that for now.

I still have low level hashimotos so I am going address that to see if it is the cause of my symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals