Turpentine: Your Experiences Wanted, RP's Thoughts Shared

managing

I've read a few accounts on here of taking turpentine, but I can't find any thread dedicated to that topic.

I've recently been using sodium acetate (vinegar + baking soda) to help control asthma (fairly effective). As a side effect, I've shed a few parasitic worms.

I want to thoroughly rid myself of them, so I asked Dr. Peat about using turpentine or Albendazole. He cautioned that either would make me feel bad, so it was important to confirm the infestation before undertaking. He seemed to accept that the toilet visual was "confirmation".

I told him that if I do so, I intend to use cascara to keep things moving. He suggested combining bamboo shoot with this. He may have said this because it is higher in fiber than carrot. Or perhaps he remembered that I have a carrot allergy from a previous email (which would be pretty exceptional recall).

So, I've shared what he has said. Now, please share your knowledge and experience.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating running out and guzzling turpentine. Its potentially dangerous stuff.

Kehaar

I tried turpentine about a year and a half ago, because of digestive issues. I can't recall exactly how much I took, but it was according to the protocol online that peaters had referred to. (I think it was a teaspoon with sugar, 2-3 days a week.)
I developed very bad breath at the end of that week (I only did it for a week). According to my family, it smelled like rotting food, was unlike any other mouth odor they had smelled ever, and could be smelled as I entered a room. No amount of oral care could ameliorate the odor.

Since then, I have struggled with that odor. It goes away for weeks at a time, and then pops up, in association with exacerbated digestive symptoms.

It seems like the turpentine damaged something or worsened a dysbiosis. I suspect I damaged enterocytes or stomach cells such that my digestion is even worse than it was before. The odor is apparently quite remarkable and definitely temporally associated with the few days of turpentine.

Just my personal experience, but I thought it would be worth it for folks to know that it can be damaging and to be cautious. (My personal advice would be to not do it.)

yerrag

Hope there would be good responses to this thread.

I'm interested in trying turpentine but I can't get hold of it. I looked at hardware stores but turpentine is really no longer used for painting so I can't find them anymore (at least in Manila). I remember seeing it sold long ago. The only place I found selling it was a store selling artist supplies, but the quantity was so little, and the labelling does not indicate 100% pure turpentine. Unless I am sure that it is 100% turpentine, I won't use it as there may be other solvents put in there that's toxic. I guess I will have to ask a friend or relative to buy in the US, and hopefully, that will pass through the check-in luggage check for them. Maybe not.

Dr. Jennifer Daniels recommends turpentine for candida. And Dr. Mark Sircus has blogs on it, as part of a class of compounds that are called terpenes.

michael94

avoid unless you're craving it so bad you wouldnt care what a forum member said
same with kerosene/diesel

yerrag

avoid unless you're craving it so bad you wouldnt care what a forum member said
same with kerosene/diesel
there is the yuck response when you associate it with paint and their solvents, and put them in the same class as toxic products such as kerosene and diesel. But turpentine was used in the prior century by doctors, and even now, it is a component used in Vicks vapor rub. Not commonly ingested anymore these days, but taking it is not a difficult thing as instructions for dosing are very simple and straightforward.

The stigma attached to it being a component of some paints, before acrylics and polyurethanes came about, is something that is difficult to overcome among most people. Water is a common component to waterbased paints, yet no one says yuck when water is mentioned. Flax seed is another name for linseed, but linseed oil was a common oil-based solvent used for printing inks, but no one says yuck just because they renamed it to flaxseed oil. Just goes to show how a little marketing goes a long way to getting something accepted.

Instead of calling it turpentine, can we just call it Sircus Jelly or JD Jello , put a nice container and label, and increase the price 10x?

I was fine taking pure gum spirits , 1 tsp first thing in morning with 1 tsp sugar. Did so for a month plus straight. It made me feel warm and had minor anti-inflammatory effects. I don’t think it helped my digestion, it did kill some parasites -but it did not fix my gut - overall the outcome from taking it was so so. I have had much greater success from my xylitol protocol. I think turpentine has value, likely best as a dewormer and anti-fungal, I suspect it can also create gut dysbiosis as it is very strong - likely indiscriminately kills both good and bad bacteria. I think it is more effective at fixing gut issues with xylitol than it is with sugar. Even then I think a month long is excessive, truthfully I think once a week would be plenty.

OP
managing

managing

there is the yuck response when you associate it with paint and their solvents, and put them in the same class as toxic products such as kerosene and diesel. But turpentine was used in the prior century by doctors, and even now, it is a component used in Vicks vapor rub. Not commonly ingested anymore these days, but taking it is not a difficult thing as instructions for dosing are very simple and straightforward.

The stigma attached to it being a component of some paints, before acrylics and polyurethanes came about, is something that is difficult to overcome among most people. Water is a common component to waterbased paints, yet no one says yuck when water is mentioned. Flax seed is another name for linseed, but linseed oil was a common oil-based solvent used for printing inks, but no one says yuck just because they renamed it to flaxseed oil. Just goes to show how a little marketing goes a long way to getting something accepted.

Instead of calling it turpentine, can we just call it Sircus Jelly or JD Jello , put a nice container and label, and increase the price 10x?
I would add that, although Dr Peat equated it with Albendazole in terms of harshness, he didn't seem to consider it toxic or to be avoided (at very low doses).

OP
managing

managing

I tried turpentine about a year and a half ago, because of digestive issues. I can't recall exactly how much I took, but it was according to the protocol online that peaters had referred to. (I think it was a teaspoon with sugar, 2-3 days a week.)
I developed very bad breath at the end of that week (I only did it for a week). According to my family, it smelled like rotting food, was unlike any other mouth odor they had smelled ever, and could be smelled as I entered a room. No amount of oral care could ameliorate the odor.

Since then, I have struggled with that odor. It goes away for weeks at a time, and then pops up, in association with exacerbated digestive symptoms.

It seems like the turpentine damaged something or worsened a dysbiosis. I suspect I damaged enterocytes or stomach cells such that my digestion is even worse than it was before. The odor is apparently quite remarkable and definitely temporally associated with the few days of turpentine.

Just my personal experience, but I thought it would be worth it for folks to know that it can be damaging and to be cautious. (My personal advice would be to not do it.)
That is certainly a worrying account. How was your digestive health before and after, aside from the odor?

Kehaar

That is certainly a worrying account. How was your digestive health before and after, aside from the odor?
My health in general is improved over the last 18-24 months, in terms of insomnia, joint paint (RA), and overall wellbeing. My digestive symptoms prior to turpentine included mostly bloating. I have been restricting fodmaps for the last year or so, and taking betaine HCl, digestive enzymes, and intermittent antibiotics, and so the bloating is much better. Nothing helped with the bloating until I started restricting fodmaps. The problem lately is the odor, and a heavy painful feeling in my pelvis, along with intermittent constipation (for which I take cascara and now magnoil). Sometimes I think I'm out of the woods (no odor, no pelvic pain) for weeks at a time, and then suddenly it starts up again.

I don't know anyone else who smells like rotting food. Has anyone heard of this? I'm an active upbeat professional with a busy and gratifying life. According to my family, it's not in any way like run of the mill bad breath. The odor seems more in keeping with an ill person on death's door and particularly alarms and frustrates my son.

It seems like turpentine was the straw that broke something in my GI track. Hence my urging of caution. That said, I believe the accounts of it helping people. But it may not be worth the risk of ending up like me.

smith

Tried it like 5 times because "why not", filled 3/4 of 000 size cellulose capsules, once with sugar. Since then, haven't noticed any negative or positive changes in health at all.
It seems like turpentine was the straw that broke something in my GI track. Hence my urging of caution. That said, I believe the accounts of it helping people. But it may not be worth the risk of ending up like me.
Appreciate it, this could save someone's guts lol (like mine)
I suspect it can also create gut dysbiosis as it is very strong - likely indiscriminately kills both good and bad bacteria
+1 how do we preserve beneficial bacteria while killing parasites?

Last edited:
OP
managing

managing

i would say overall my experience was positive. Didn't pass any more parasites (that I saw) but definitely passed a few more gallstones. I passed some whole sections of mucousal intestinal lining. Some people think those are worms. Uh, no.

Anyway, about a week was rather unsettled intestinally. I think I killed of a lot of things good and bad. But his isn't unlike RPs antibiotic thoughts, although broader spectrum so as to include biofilm, fungus, parasite, etc.

I have used artemisinin and floraphage to try to keep the undesirables at bay. Digestion is returning to normal. Better than before for sure. I'll probably do a follow up in a couple of months.

TreasureVibe

i would say overall my experience was positive. Didn't pass any more parasites (that I saw) but definitely passed a few more gallstones. I passed some whole sections of mucousal intestinal lining. Some people think those are worms. Uh, no.

Anyway, about a week was rather unsettled intestinally. I think I killed of a lot of things good and bad. But his isn't unlike RPs antibiotic thoughts, although broader spectrum so as to include biofilm, fungus, parasite, etc.

I have used artemisinin and floraphage to try to keep the undesirables at bay. Digestion is returning to normal. Better than before for sure. I'll probably do a follow up in a couple of months.
The guy above who used turpentine said that he doesn't think it kills parasites, only scares them away. How did the artemisinin help for you? I got my eyes on it to kill some pathogens in my blood.

OP
managing

managing

The guy above who used turpentine said that he doesn't think it kills parasites, only scares them away. How did the artemisinin help for you? I got my eyes on it to kill some pathogens in my blood.
"scares them away" is what Jennifer Daniels says too . . . she says they head for the exit, with the accompanying flush. Her way of talking about it seems silly to me though.

Any way, the Artemisinin is supposed to be effective against parasites and fungus itself, as well as a whole bunch of other benefits. Some of these appear to be well supported by research.

TreasureVibe

"scares them away" is what Jennifer Daniels says too . . . she says they head for the exit, with the accompanying flush. Her way of talking about it seems silly to me though.

Any way, the Artemisinin is supposed to be effective against parasites and fungus itself, as well as a whole bunch of other benefits. Some of these appear to be well supported by research.
Cool. Yeah the parasites migrate the guy said when exposed to turpentine.

D

danishispsychic

I have done turpentine a few times in pulse doses. It is especially effective for Ascaris round worm. When those are dying they lay eggs so it is easy to get a hyper infection if you under dose. The breath smell mentioned above is associated with Ascaris die off... it is a one of a kind smell. My opinion on turpentine is - pulse dose it , and when not taking it.... do frozen Castor Oil caps in between. It is a double whammy.

cdg

I have done turpentine a few times in pulse doses. It is especially effective for Ascaris round worm. When those are dying they lay eggs so it is easy to get a hyper infection if you under dose. The breath smell mentioned above is associated with Ascaris die off... it is a one of a kind smell. My opinion on turpentine is - pulse dose it , and when not taking it.... do frozen Castor Oil caps in between. It is a double whammy.

What do you mean by pulse doses? Can you please provide some more details on this and frozen Castor Oil? Many thanks.

smith

How common are these infections, would you say?
What kills parasites while proliferating beneficial bacteria?

D

danishispsychic

What do you mean by pulse doses? Can you please provide some more details on this and frozen Castor Oil? Many thanks.
pulse dosing is like 3 days in a row and then a rest ... for example and then back to 3 days in a row then rest. Frozen Castor oil- get caps and put in freezer in a bag for at least a week to freeze. Take 4 -6 at a time . They clean out small are large intestine. You will see the dead parasites from your turpentine come out with the Castor Oil .

akgrrrl

Hope there would be good responses to this thread.

I'm interested in trying turpentine but I can't get hold of it. I looked at hardware stores but turpentine is really no longer used for painting so I can't find them anymore (at least in Manila). I remember seeing it sold long ago. The only place I found selling it was a store selling artist supplies, but the quantity was so little, and the labelling does not indicate 100% pure turpentine. Unless I am sure that it is 100% turpentine, I won't use it as there may be other solvents put in there that's toxic. I guess I will have to ask a friend or relative to buy in the US, and hopefully, that will pass through the check-in luggage check for them. Maybe not.

Dr. Jennifer Daniels recommends turpentine for candida. And Dr. Mark Sircus has blogs on it, as part of a class of compounds that are called terpenes.

Dr. Daniels has mentioned in podcasts and several people I know get theirs from Georgia, simply the distilled gum resin from pine trees there. By her story of how asking an elder in her family how their slave ancestors rid themselves of parasites and a reported energy boost afterwards...she tells a very specific protocol of this distillation high in terpenes (terpentine, LOL) as having been used only twice a year, with drops over a stack of 3 sugar cubes carefully. If the liquid overran the sugar cubes it was discarded as a wrong dose. If the drips just soaked into the 3 cubes: just right, chew it up. 2x a year only, though I know a cancer patient that doses more than that. Interestingly, this appears to be no different than many other distillations of tree resin which are GRAS (generally regarded as safe , for ingestion) which might include Frankincense, Myrrh, Cedarwood, and then the Held-In-High-Regard by the Lakota Sioux by oral tradition for several hundred years, the resin and boughs of the Blue Spruce as it appears in Idaho and Canada. Probably many more, but I believe the premise is that the sugar is the bait for Candida (and perhaps cancer?) and then the terpenes inflict cell apoptosis. I have read many times that sequiterpenes as in Cedarwood, contribute to cellular "scrubbing" of thickened or otherwise unresponsive cells, improving communication and completion of tasks..that the historical story of King Solomon spending much wealth and many years of work building his palace, temple, and city entirely of Cedarwood. Prob the first epic species elimination by man with intent. I did read once there are some few Cedars of Lebanon being nurtured along somewhere to prevent extinction. I love the smell of fresh cut wood, and gather 5 or so pounds of pure resin every winter to render into salves, hair and mustache shaper, and emolient rubs. It is so intoxicating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals