IBS, Suicidal Thoughts, Mental Decline. Need Your Opinions

Bogdar

Good evening, I have a long story to share.

Let's start somewhere: 2 months ago I had a violent gastroenteritis - the worst I ever had - that lasted 10 days. Liquid diarrhea, intense abdominal cramping and loss of appetite.
It happened the day after I drank that suspicious raw milk. I'm used to drink raw milk, but the brand I usually buy was out of stock, so I tried a new one. It tasted weird, not good but not disgusting either, maybe a little bit spoiled but it didn't stop me for 2 reasons:
-I needed liquid food bc of a sudden jaw pain, and it was all I had, markets closed
-I was into raw animal stuff for 4 months, meat, liver, eggs, butter, milk all raw and I was feeling so good, mentally as physically. Moreover, when my usual raw milk brand spoil it just ferments and I can still consume it 2 weeks after its peremption date - it just becomes buttermilk.

What a mistake.
After those 10 days of suffering, I had lots of muscle twitchings, muscle cramping, and some tiredness all day, not a huge deal I needed to recover and to rehydrate myself.
However about a week in the recovery phase, it all started. I will try to do my best to describe all the symptoms I experienced, they all came pretty much at the same time.

• I had this sharp pain located in the lower left of my stomach, every time I would eat. It was constantly strained after a meal, and would sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night. Moreover, this strain was accompanied with weird difficulties to digest: my stomach was SO noisy, even hours after a meal. I woke up once in the middle of the night, 10 hours after my last meal, because of my stomach working too hard, tensing in the area, weird feeling on my feet (as if I needed to move them) and diarrhea. Eventually the diarrhea went over and constipation came in, but it was a lot easier to handle. (Right now I don't have poo-related symptoms anymore). I've also "tried" not to eat for 48 hours straight, because of no hunger and pain. I still had diarrhea (really slow transit ?)
  • Constant fatigue, I'm not insomniac but my sleep went from 8hours to 5-6 hours, and a feeling of restlessness when I wake up.
  • One of the worst, very regularly after meals, I get VERY angry and irritated. I'm the nice and smiley kind of person, but in those moments every single thing in the world -including the present moment- is highly irritating me and I'd like to quit everything. This symptom attenuated but I still have it regularly (whereas before the illness I would get a lot of "positive" energy after a meal.).
I also took 1-3mg K2 (healthnatura brand) daily beforer the illness, and I noticed that it contributed to irritate me A LOT since the gastro. I don't know if it is linked with the K2, but I also experienced
  • dry and red eyes - they were "stoned", half-closed and achy all day long -, dry hairs, greasy hairs, it was a calvary and impossible to comb.
  • Liquids, and espacially WATER, were a horror. I totally lost the taste for water (i'm not into soda, since i'm a kid I've always appreciated pure water) and a single glass would wreck up my stomach. All liquids were very painful (still have this problem RN but alleviated)
  • During this period, I noticed a lot of new moles on my skin (not the 3D ones, just the classical browny spots). At first I thought I was just being paranoid but oh god, they developped on my body and also on my face, this is secondary but it is still annoying and worrying.
  • I took 10 years on my face. My skin is irregular, I have a subtle greyish tan, and I look a little bit puffy. It's been 1 month that everytime I see me on the mirror I feel like an old man.
  • Mentally speaking, it was brutal. Eventhough my life isn't perfect and I had some problems to solve, I was in a good mood with great energy so I was confident and could overcome all these stressors. But since that moment, I am -so much- a rollercoaster. My mood is defined by every tiny things that happen to me. It can go from top to bottom in a single second and I'm not exagerating. I became totally unstable.
So much that a few days ago, I decided to kill me. It came to me like an evidence, I was sick of fighting every weird illness that came to me. It stayed in my mind since then but in these lucid moments I know I have to solve this but I also know how determined I can be in these situations.
RN i'm lucid but it happen very rarely that's why I calm down, do some researches and seek help, and I know those dark moments can come back easily and will eventually end up very bad. It really feels like I'm POSSESSED, sometimes I'm not myself and I oscillate between states few times in a day.

I think it is related and worth noting too, sometimes I experience some "autistic" symptoms as I like to call them. I become very paranoid with everyone, I can't talk to anybody without blushing, I feel like ***t, try to talk to people but can't as if I wasn't connected with myself. Connection lost. It is so disturbing.

So, experts related now:
There's a lot to say. I did some doctors which couldn't figure out what it was, and I did some bloodtest for thyroid - hepatitis - mononucleosis - sodium/potassium - lymphocytes - hematocrit / platelets - liver function - kidney function - some inflammation markers and other stuff.

Well, the weird thing is that everything above is in range, EXCEPT the platelets. Normal range is like 150-400 and I hit 1000. However, they couldn't figure out why 'cause I have no markers of inflammation, the abdominal echography I made was OK everywhere.
It means it is not infectious, etc etc.

note: however I was positive for Hepatitis A without precision (just written "positive") but since I had a vaccine against it 8 months ago, my doctor said it was OK. For mononucleosis, I already had it in the past but markers were at least suspicious, and at most very very high. He said it was also normal. I don't know if I have to doubt his interpretation but I keep that in mind.

He oriented me to some hemato-experts, and a psychiatrist. He said my digestive problems was psy-related, but IMO it is totally the opposite. Everything was doing right until digestive problems came in the equation.
He also diagnosed me with irritable bowel, thus the title. It could be indeed IBS.

Using Ray Peat articles, I made a connection - if I'm correct he told that platelets can release serotonin, I don't know why, I don't know how, but I have high platelets for no reasons and what seems to be a very high serotonin situation. I saw haidut say that IBS could be caused only by high serotonin, if I'm correct.

Well, I think this forum is an appropriate place to tell my story, because after reading some haidut's posts (as always, and thank you for everything you taught to me btw !), I can pretty much say that serotonin is highly related, and antagonists could help me.
I know everything is linked somehow and I have to connect the pieces of the puzzle, that's why I'm asking your help and your opinion, and I would be pleased if you @haidut could give your opinion as it is always enlightening.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist soon so if you have an idea of what chemical I could try to help with my unstability, it would be a pleasure. Cyproheptadine ?

Also, I'm a 20yo boy, with no particular digestive issues until now (well it always fluctuated between good and bad but never that bad).

I feel like there's a piece of the puzzle I'm not seeing because it took very high proportion for no "visible" reasons. Your help is greatly appreciated ! I'd love to be back to life.

Peatful

Hey @Bogdar

I just have a second to say this...
(Kids off the bus...cooking dinner...answering calls...)

But you’re amazing -
Just in what you wrote I see that happy smiley guy coming through.
You’re going to be fine -
You will heal -
You will get through this and be better for it.

I have more pragmatic thoughts, but can’t now.

Take care-
I’ll be reading this thread for sure.

God bless you.

Last edited:
OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Hey @Bogdar

I just have a second to say this...
(Kids off the bus...cooking dinner...answering calls...)

But you’re amazing -
Just in what you wrote I see that happy smiley guy coming through.
You’re going to be fine -
You will heal -
You will get through this and be better for it.

I have more pragmatic thoughts, but can’t now.

Take care-
I’ll be reading this thread for sure.

God bless you.
Thank you for your time and attention, truly appreciated. :)

I have to go back and I won't be able to answer because no internet, I'll be back tomorrow.

I feel your pain bro. Been through a lot myself too. Felt possessed. I still think I was actually. I've been absolutely amazed at how horrible a human being can feel. The only thing I'm more amazed by is from what hell a soul can, and will, recover. :innocent:

redsun

Let's start somewhere: 2 months ago I had a violent gastroenteritis - the worst I ever had - that lasted 10 days. Liquid diarrhea, intense abdominal cramping and loss of appetite.
It happened the day after I drank that suspicious raw milk. I'm used to drink raw milk, but the brand I usually buy was out of stock, so I tried a new one. It tasted weird, not good but not disgusting either, maybe a little bit spoiled but it didn't stop me for 2 reasons:
-I needed liquid food bc of a sudden jaw pain, and it was all I had, markets closed
-I was into raw animal stuff for 4 months, meat, liver, eggs, butter, milk all raw and I was feeling so good, mentally as physically. Moreover, when my usual raw milk brand spoil it just ferments and I can still consume it 2 weeks after its peremption date - it just becomes buttermilk.

What a mistake.
After those 10 days of suffering, I had lots of muscle twitchings, muscle cramping, and some tiredness all day, not a huge deal I needed to recover and to rehydrate myself.
However about a week in the recovery phase, it all started. I will try to do my best to describe all the symptoms I experienced, they all came pretty much at the same time.

• I had this sharp pain located in the lower left of my stomach, every time I would eat. It was constantly strained after a meal, and would sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night. Moreover, this strain was accompanied with weird difficulties to digest: my stomach was SO noisy, even hours after a meal. I woke up once in the middle of the night, 10 hours after my last meal, because of my stomach working too hard, tensing in the area, weird feeling on my feet (as if I needed to move them) and diarrhea. Eventually the diarrhea went over and constipation came in, but it was a lot easier to handle. (Right now I don't have poo-related symptoms anymore). I've also "tried" not to eat for 48 hours straight, because of no hunger and pain. I still had diarrhea (really slow transit ?)
  • Constant fatigue, I'm not insomniac but my sleep went from 8hours to 5-6 hours, and a feeling of restlessness when I wake up.
  • One of the worst, very regularly after meals, I get VERY angry and irritated. I'm the nice and smiley kind of person, but in those moments every single thing in the world -including the present moment- is highly irritating me and I'd like to quit everything. This symptom attenuated but I still have it regularly (whereas before the illness I would get a lot of "positive" energy after a meal.).
I also took 1-3mg K2 (healthnatura brand) daily beforer the illness, and I noticed that it contributed to irritate me A LOT since the gastro. I don't know if it is linked with the K2, but I also experienced
  • dry and red eyes - they were "stoned", half-closed and achy all day long -, dry hairs, greasy hairs, it was a calvary and impossible to comb.
  • Liquids, and espacially WATER, were a horror. I totally lost the taste for water (i'm not into soda, since i'm a kid I've always appreciated pure water) and a single glass would wreck up my stomach. All liquids were very painful (still have this problem RN but alleviated)
  • During this period, I noticed a lot of new moles on my skin (not the 3D ones, just the classical browny spots). At first I thought I was just being paranoid but oh god, they developped on my body and also on my face, this is secondary but it is still annoying and worrying.
  • I took 10 years on my face. My skin is irregular, I have a subtle greyish tan, and I look a little bit puffy. It's been 1 month that everytime I see me on the mirror I feel like an old man.
  • Mentally speaking, it was brutal. Eventhough my life isn't perfect and I had some problems to solve, I was in a good mood with great energy so I was confident and could overcome all these stressors. But since that moment, I am -so much- a rollercoaster. My mood is defined by every tiny things that happen to me. It can go from top to bottom in a single second and I'm not exagerating. I became totally unstable.
So much that a few days ago, I decided to kill me. It came to me like an evidence, I was sick of fighting every weird illness that came to me. It stayed in my mind since then but in these lucid moments I know I have to solve this but I also know how determined I can be in these situations.
RN i'm lucid but it happen very rarely that's why I calm down, do some researches and seek help, and I know those dark moments can come back easily and will eventually end up very bad. It really feels like I'm POSSESSED, sometimes I'm not myself and I oscillate between states few times in a day.

I think it is related and worth noting too, sometimes I experience some "autistic" symptoms as I like to call them. I become very paranoid with everyone, I can't talk to anybody without blushing, I feel like ***t, try to talk to people but can't as if I wasn't connected with myself. Connection lost. It is so disturbing.

So, experts related now:
There's a lot to say. I did some doctors which couldn't figure out what it was, and I did some bloodtest for thyroid - hepatitis - mononucleosis - sodium/potassium - lymphocytes - hematocrit / platelets - liver function - kidney function - some inflammation markers and other stuff.

Well, the weird thing is that everything above is in range, EXCEPT the platelets. Normal range is like 150-400 and I hit 1000. However, they couldn't figure out why 'cause I have no markers of inflammation, the abdominal echography I made was OK everywhere.

note: however I was positive for Hepatitis A without precision (just written "positive") but since I had a vaccine against it 8 months ago, my doctor said it was OK. For mononucleosis, I already had it in the past but markers were at least suspicious, and at most very very high. He said it was also normal. I don't know if I have to doubt his interpretation but I keep that in mind.

He oriented me to some hemato-experts, and a psychiatrist. He said my digestive problems was psy-related, but IMO it is totally the opposite. Everything was doing right until digestive problems came in the equation.
He also diagnosed me with irritable bowel, thus the title. It could be indeed IBS.

Using Ray Peat articles, I made a connection - if I'm correct he told that platelets can release serotonin, I don't know why, I don't know how, but I have high platelets for no reasons and what seems to be a very high serotonin situation. I saw haidut say that IBS could be caused only by high serotonin, if I'm correct.

Well, I think this forum is an appropriate place to tell my story, because after reading some haidut's posts (as always, and thank you for everything you taught to me btw !), I can pretty much say that serotonin is highly related, and antagonists could help me.
I know everything is linked somehow and I have to connect the pieces of the puzzle, that's why I'm asking your help and your opinion, and I would be pleased if you @haidut could give your opinion as it is always enlightening.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist soon so if you have an idea of what chemical I could try to help with my unstability, it would be a pleasure. Cyproheptadine ?

Also, I'm a 20yo boy, with no particular digestive issues until now (well it always fluctuated between good and bad but never that bad).

I feel like there's a piece of the puzzle I'm not seeing because it took very high proportion for no "visible" reasons. Your help is greatly appreciated ! I'd love to be back to life.

You got quite a lot on your plate. Whatever you did you screwed your digestion up most likely significantly and likewise this extended into your "autistic" like symptoms(likely very low dopamine from the sharp increase in serotonin caused by your sickness). The best course of action in my opinion would be to eat plenty of protein and carbs and minimize fiber(zero is preferable) to minimize any gut irritation. Fat helps to make digestion smoother. You need to provide the optimal food with the least side effects to allow your insides to heal. It would probably be in your best interest to avoid any supplements. Thyroid supplementation could help speed up healing however. In time your serotonin should lower and dopamine raise as you heal, but you cant just fix this. Lowering serotonin artificially will not do much good, its raised because you caused damage. It should lower on its own over time. Avoid bacteria containing foods(raw foods) as well, don't want to take your chances and get another bad bug.

Did you tell your doctor you may have caught some bad bacteria? They can put you on some antiobiotics to clear anything out(as much as can be anyway).

Cirion

I think @Hans would probably have some good recommendations to clear out the gut of any junk that it sounds like the raw milk introduced to your system.

activated charcoal, wormwood, vinegar, carrots, coconut oil, etc....

endotoxin / junk in the gut can definitely significantly boost serotonin

InChristAlone

I think the raw milk introduced a pathogen that your gut is not happy about. I would try high dose ascorbic acid, possibly going as high as to flush your bowels daily. I used to have cramping bowel movements and since being on that and also doing about a 1.5 years of cyproheptadine I rarely have cramping. Maybe once a yr now. If my gut is acting up causing nausea and serotonin I will take activated charcoal and be better by the next day. I have also used ascorbic acid to ward off stomach illnesses. The thing about just treating symptoms is they are bandaids whereas vitamin C is necessary for a well functioning body. It can be used to overcome high stress. The moles point towards increased stress for sure.

Diokine

You may have initiated or precipitated a fungal infection, something like Aspergillus, from the raw milk. This infection may have colonized some of the epithelial structures in your upper digestive tract - gallbladder, pancreas, liver. The immune system will activate platelets en masse during intense fungal infections as part of a defense mechanism. This immune response can cause most of the symptoms you are describing. You may suggest some of these to your doctor, there are tests they can do if aspergillus is suspected. A round of antifungals may be needed.

At home remedies would include;

-Niacin, nicotinamide
Modulation of histone H3 lysine 56 acetylation as an antifungal therapeutic strategy
-Pau D' Arco
-Vitamin C
-Iodine

Kartoffel

I don't want to advertise a certain product but cyproheptadine has helped me a lot with symptoms that can be described as irritable bowel. There are also lots of studies showing that it is very effective at treating IBS. It very noticably reduces pain and stimulates appetite. It also helps with sleep.

D

Deleted member 5487

What a mistake.

So, experts related now:

"One of the worst, very regularly after meals, I get VERY angry and irritated. I'm the nice and smiley kind of person, but in those moments every single thing in the world -including the present moment- is highly irritating me and I'd like to quit everything. This symptom attenuated but I still have it regularly (whereas before the illness I would get a lot of "positive" energy after a meal.)."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds exactly like you are not oxidizing your sugar. I use to go crazy high adrenaline and aggrevation when drinking/eating potassium free sugar when first starting peat.

Your way over doing the animal fats/protein/butter. Your clogging everything up and the low cellular energy is make you feel like ****.
I get insanely irritated if i over do the sugar and have to much floating PUFA

You need to hop on
1) Coconut Oil with every single meal.
2) To counter act the lower in 5-AR reductase from Coconut oil you need to take gelatin/glycine to help displace tryptophan and heal the gut.
3)You also need to really increase vitamin E topically as it will start to buffer your free floating fatty acids.
4) Go pulp free Orange juice as only carb source, mabey honey.
5) Only Drink A2 milk
6) Avoid starchs

You have a bunch of pufa/sertonin.
It'll probably work itself out quickly

Last edited by a moderator:

sunraiser

You have a ton of varied suggestions already and some sound rather sinister and complex.

Your symptoms sound to me like massive mineral and electrolyte depletion because of prolonged diarrhea, alongside your body adjusting hormonally to adjust to the prolonged stress.

The autism type symptoms are, in my experience, lack of cellular energy and blockades in calcium and magnesium metabolism (strained cortisol and progesterone levels after being sick for so long so sodium and magnesium retention aren't good).

The irritation after meals could be blood sugar or slightly unhappy liver or both, but this, again, is consistent with mineral depletion.

Basically, to remineralise and rebuild electrolytes you need to restore hormonal equilibrium. This isn't restored by taking hormones but by:

- eating enough
- eating when hungry for it
- eating a mixed diet including fibre you enjoy
- sea salt food to taste
- getting light in your eyes as soon as close to dawn as possible (being sick can put you out of sync!).
- drinking water only when thirsty.
- avoiding supplements - they're likely to just cause imbalance.

A lot of your symptoms sound like cal/mag and electrolyte depletion. You've been running on adrenaline and it'll take a bit of time for your appetite to restore.

GIVE YOUR BODY A CHANCE.

Don't try and kill ***t, don't try and "attack" anything, just get light for proper cortisol and eventually (through restored appetite) progesterone production and eat a very varied diet. Salt to taste.

You'll get better slowly but surely, but please please don't follow any drastic protocols. Your body will naturally deal with anything unpleasant, should there be anything left, as you recover.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I'm back. Thanks a lot for all these answers !

I feel your pain bro. Been through a lot myself too. Felt possessed. I still think I was actually. I've been absolutely amazed at how horrible a human being can feel. The only thing I'm more amazed by is from what hell a soul can, and will, recover. :innocent:
Lol yeah it really feels like it.
I went through that once, and I can totally relate to what you're saying. I learned how a soul can journey from hell to heaven, but I now know the inverse path is possible. That's the kind of ideas I had when suicidal thoughts were there.

You got quite a lot on your plate. Whatever you did you screwed your digestion up most likely significantly and likewise this extended into your "autistic" like symptoms(likely very low dopamine from the sharp increase in serotonin caused by your sickness). The best course of action in my opinion would be to eat plenty of protein and carbs and minimize fiber(zero is preferable) to minimize any gut irritation. Fat helps to make digestion smoother. You need to provide the optimal food with the least side effects to allow your insides to heal. It would probably be in your best interest to avoid any supplements. Thyroid supplementation could help speed up healing however. In time your serotonin should lower and dopamine raise as you heal, but you cant just fix this. Lowering serotonin artificially will not do much good, its raised because you caused damage. It should lower on its own over time. Avoid bacteria containing foods(raw foods) as well, don't want to take your chances and get another bad bug.

Did you tell your doctor you may have caught some bad bacteria? They can put you on some antiobiotics to clear anything out(as much as can be anyway).

At first I tried a few supplements, but I had a bad experience with magnesium citrate, K2 already hurted me, and I think salt was aggravating it. Not sure tho, since I couldn't isolate anything long enough.
Thanks for your advices, you could be right regarding serotonin. However, I have to admit having suicidal thoughts is something I try to avoid as much as possible and if a little chemical could help during these phases I'd be pleased.
Yes I talked to 2 doctors about a possible infection with raw milk, but they didn't seem to care, even before the blood test. And since my immunity panel is in range on the tests they concluded it wasn't related. Don't know what to think about this.

I think the raw milk introduced a pathogen that your gut is not happy about. I would try high dose ascorbic acid, possibly going as high as to flush your bowels daily. I used to have cramping bowel movements and since being on that and also doing about a 1.5 years of cyproheptadine I rarely have cramping. Maybe once a yr now. If my gut is acting up causing nausea and serotonin I will take activated charcoal and be better by the next day. I have also used ascorbic acid to ward off stomach illnesses. The thing about just treating symptoms is they are bandaids whereas vitamin C is necessary for a well functioning body. It can be used to overcome high stress. The moles point towards increased stress for sure.

Which kind of vitamin C to take ? I remember Peat saying some tablets were highly poisoned by heavy metals. How to decide if it is contaminated or not ?
About the charcoal, I think I'm definitely going to have some at home.

You may have initiated or precipitated a fungal infection, something like Aspergillus, from the raw milk. This infection may have colonized some of the epithelial structures in your upper digestive tract - gallbladder, pancreas, liver. The immune system will activate platelets en masse during intense fungal infections as part of a defense mechanism. This immune response can cause most of the symptoms you are describing. You may suggest some of these to your doctor, there are tests they can do if aspergillus is suspected. A round of antifungals may be needed.

At home remedies would include;

-Niacin, nicotinamide
Modulation of histone H3 lysine 56 acetylation as an antifungal therapeutic strategy
-Pau D' Arco
-Vitamin C
-Iodine

Interesting hypothesis. Are there any home-made tests I could do to test it ? According to wikipedia, symptoms of an Aspergillus infection most of the time include lungs or skin. I have neither.
Meta-question, I have always heard that platelet's function is to stop hemorragy but never heard of it in the immunity system. How is it related ?

You have a ton of varied suggestions already and some sound rather sinister and complex.

Your symptoms sound to me like massive mineral and electrolyte depletion because of prolonged diarrhea, alongside your body adjusting hormonally to adjust to the prolonged stress.

The autism type symptoms are, in my experience, lack of cellular energy and blockades in calcium and magnesium metabolism (strained cortisol and progesterone levels after being sick for so long so sodium and magnesium retention aren't good).

The irritation after meals could be blood sugar or slightly unhappy liver or both, but this, again, is consistent with mineral depletion.

Basically, to remineralise and rebuild electrolytes you need to restore hormonal equilibrium. This isn't restored by taking hormones but by:

- eating enough
- eating when hungry for it
- eating a mixed diet including fibre you enjoy
- sea salt food to taste
- getting light in your eyes as soon as close to dawn as possible (being sick can put you out of sync!).
- drinking water only when thirsty.
- avoiding supplements - they're likely to just cause imbalance.

A lot of your symptoms sound like cal/mag and electrolyte depletion. You've been running on adrenaline and it'll take a bit of time for your appetite to restore.

GIVE YOUR BODY A CHANCE.

Don't try and kill ***t, don't try and "attack" anything, just get light for proper cortisol and eventually (through restored appetite) progesterone production and eat a very varied diet. Salt to taste.

You'll get better slowly but surely, but please please don't follow any drastic protocols. Your body will naturally deal with anything unpleasant, should there be anything left, as you recover.

Wow. Your view makes a lot of sense to me !
At first I suspected a mineral imbalance, since salt seemed to be wrecking my digestion up. I went to the emergency once during that period and they said I had some slight symptoms of dehydration. Also, I tried to supplement with magnesium but it seemed to be even worse, and potassium seemed to do at least no changes and at most positive changes on digestion. By the time I took some it improved a little bit but I don't know if it was time or potassium that helped.
Also, to add symptoms to the list, I was for some time very dizzy, light headed, etc etc, and I took bromazepam (an anxiolytic) a few times but it would bring me to a deeper state of darkness; very weird.
So since supplements are too random I stopped everything.
Thanks a lot !

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

About nutrition, I wasn't ever taking pure sugar or no-potassium sugar. It happened also with potatoes or other feculents or milk. The only exception is raw honey, which I increased after the sickness, following a kinda Vonderplanish-style. Regarding PUFAs, my butter is grass-fed and every sources of fat I have are ruminant-animal fats. I've never eaten so few PUFAs since last 5 months, with a high SFA to PUFA ratio. If i'm correct butter has kinda the same benefits than coconut oil for fats, so I'd rather keep my butter lol.
My FFA are in very good range on the bloodtests.
I also tried no starch at all for some time, and still same pain and strain in the stomach. Actually I also tried no food and still straining.
Someday I was in pain and I went to the KFC (I usually never go to fast foods), and weirdly enough all pain stopped after this starchey-pufay-greasy meal. Sometimes nutrition goes beyond me.
I'm now eating local and unprocessed foods, not too fibery, too starchy, too fatty or anything, I'm just moderate and applying Vonderplanitz and Peat's advices. I still struggle with liquid so milk and orange juice can't be a staple of my diet.
My main foods are eggs,grass-fed butter, potatoes, whole-rye sourdough bread, raw honey, grass-fed beef, few vegetables (I don't eat a lot, veggies are left aside) and some cheese. Some fruits sometimes.

Can I ask cyproheptadin to my psychiatrist or is it a darknet-peating drug I can only find on the web ? :grin

Also, I saw a psychiatrist today and he prescribed me an MAOI, duloxetine to be exact. An anti-depressor (not only an SSRI tho).
In conclusion I don't think I have much to change in the way I eat (maybe more green leafy vegs like spinach for minerals ? I'll give it a try for sure.), and I'm going to try activated charcoal and eventually have cyproheptadin at home.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Which kind of vitamin C to take ? I remember Peat saying some tablets were highly poisoned by heavy metals. How to decide if it is contaminated or not ?
Vitamin C purity has improved since Peat talked about that. Quali-C is the best, very very low contamination.

sunraiser

No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell
(CG Jung).

I always take that quote to mean we must face pain to truly know and appreciate happiness - it's the contrast that allows us to feel true contentment.

You'll find your peace and equilibrium again soon enough :)

Don't sweat having the occasional KFC - sometimes the low stress easy calories are the thing we need, despite the content.

Same with pufas - don't obsess about them and trust your cravings instead. Let your body guide you.

Diokine

Actually I also tried no food and still straining.
Someday I was in pain and I went to the KFC (I usually never go to fast foods), and weirdly enough all pain stopped after this starchey-pufay-greasy meal. Sometimes nutrition goes beyond me.

Oxylipins are oxidized polyunsaturated fat products, and are heavily involved in fungal growth patterns. My understanding is that direct consumption of pufa and oxylipins (of which KFC is sure to have in high amounts) would inhibit aggressive growth and would encourage hyphae aggregation, which would be immediately beneficial though not in the long term. The gluten and starch would probably also act as an optimal growth medium, telling the fingus to "chill out" and stop projecting it's hypothetical hyphae into your delicate orgones.

1gram of aspirin would probably provide similar effect and may be a useful diagnostic.

Last edited:
Please research Niacin! There's a Facebook group on B3 (Niacin). I think that will help you immensely but you have to research and learn what the flush is, etc.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I have internet back for a while.

Vitamin C purity has improved since Peat talked about that. Quali-C is the best, very very low contamination.
Nice.

(CG Jung).

I always take that quote to mean we must face pain to truly know and appreciate happiness - it's the contrast that allows us to feel true contentment.

You'll find your peace and equilibrium again soon enough :)

Don't sweat having the occasional KFC - sometimes the low stress easy calories are the thing we need, despite the content.

Same with pufas - don't obsess about them and trust your cravings instead. Let your body guide you.
Wow this is a beautiful quote which makes much sense to me.
I understand it almost the same way you do.

Yep that is what I noticed, sometimes ez kcal and no guiltiness is what you need.

Oxylipins are oxidized polyunsaturated fat products, and are heavily involved in fungal growth patterns. My understanding is that direct consumption of pufa and oxylipins (of which KFC is sure to have in high amounts) would inhibit aggressive growth and would encourage hyphae aggregation, which would be immediately beneficial though not in the long term. The gluten and starch would probably also act as an optimal growth medium, telling the fingus to "chill out" and stop projecting it's hypothetical hyphae into your delicate orgones.

1gram of aspirin would probably provide similar effect and may be a useful diagnostic.
Thanks for your input, this is a cute hypothesis. Basically they have my organs as hostages and I need to feed them.
Do you have any links for me to understand why aspirin would work in that situation ? It is one easy way to diagnostic, I can try it as soon as today. 1gram in one take ?
What should I feel with aspirin if your hypothesis is right ?

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Please research Niacin! There's a Facebook group on B3 (Niacin). I think that will help you immensely but you have to research and learn what the flush is, etc.
I was on a really high meat diet, so with high B3 consumption. I had like 500% RDI everyday. It seems like it didn't help me. :(

Diokine

What should I feel with aspirin if your hypothesis is right ?

Better. 1 gram at once should not be a concern, though I'm not a doctor and you shouldn't take any of these posts as medical advice. Buffering aspirin with sodium bicarbonate is generally the preferred method of administration. I would also again point to Niacin, the amount provided by meat is insignificant.

Effects of Aspirin and Other Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs on Biofilms and Planktonic Cells of Candida albicans

Prostaglandin secretion by C. albicans is likely to be an important factor in the pathogenesis of many infections. In experiments with mammalian cells, purified fungal prostaglandin down-modulated chemokine production, tumor necrosis factor alpha production, and splenocyte proliferation, while it up-regulated interleukin 10 production (23). Its role in fungal biology is less clear. Synthetic PGE2 enhanced biofilm formation and germ tube formation by C. albicans, whereas COX inhibitors adversely affected both processes. Moreover, exposure to some COX inhibitors (indomethacin and etodolac) produced biofilms that consisted almost entirely of yeast cells.

Hydroxyoxylipins, which, like prostaglandins, are derived from arachidonic acid, have also been identified in C. albicans (8). The synthesis of these compounds appears to take place in hyphae but not yeast cells and is suppressed by aspirin (8, 9). It is not yet clear whether (3R)-hydroxyoxylipins are excreted from the cell or how they relate to fungal prostaglandins. However, it seems likely that a range of biologically active lipid molecules are involved in the regulation of biofilm formation, morphogenesis, and other major physiological processes in C. albicans.