IBS, Suicidal Thoughts, Mental Decline. Need Your Opinions

sunraiser

I was on a really high meat diet, so with high B3 consumption. I had like 500% RDI everyday. It seems like it didn't help me. :(

To provide contrast to some of these points, I would say both niacin and aspirin are only being used on a "symptom supressing" basis; in that they won't make you heal, only (and potentially not) make the symptoms feel less bad while you take them.

I have explored and seen people using niacin for depression and they often have to megadose, consistently falling back to square one when they stop.

Taking in so much niacin can spare tryptophan and allow adequate serotonin levels to restore (but the question is why is there such a high niacin "requirement" in the first place?). Chronic aspirin use means unbalancing K2 and all its cofactors in a complex cascade which, again, is unlikely to actually be HEALTH restoring.

I try to be careful to not give particularly authoritarian advice - and I have definitely failed in the past - but more to share my perspective on a direction things might be coming from based on my experiences.

Your situation sounds extremely similar to something I went through a few years ago, although my diarrhea was induced by magnesium citrate supplemention over a few days! I'm going to be a little authoritarian this time - please don't play with fat solubles or megadose vitamins or aspirin before trying this. So many people go into the peat based "coping" rabbit hole and are still there years later.

In the end you know yourself and will learn and grow from your experiences, so you'll best be able to decide what makes the most sense to you, but seeing a little more about your situation I would make a small suggestion to try for a week and THEN reasses...

Taurine is absolutely key to electrolyte balance and can be low in states of poor metabolic health (especially with candida). Eating lots of fats "uses up" taurine, especially animal fats in my experience, and when there's some kind of disruption in the zinc / B6 metabolism pathway (liver health, infection increasing needs or other) then we don't produce our own taurine. We're not going to get significant taurine from foods unless they're eaten raw (which isn't always desirable as the meat isn't freshly slaughtered) then the situation becomes a catch 22 via ---- > need lots of fat to stimulate bile production and quell bacteria overgrowth/infection --- > taurine demand increases ---- > can't balance electrolytes or push magnesium into the cells without adequate taurine -- > can't fight infection or create suitable internal environment for immune system -- > crave more fats === constant inflammation, poor digestion and depression.

You'll find lots of posts about taurine on this forum and on the internet in general. 95% of them will suggest supra physiological doses, for example, a "small" starting dose would be suggested as 500mg. This is an extremely high intake and will likely push your metabolism too far! It might be physiological in some instances but it's way way above average intake for a human (noting that cooked meat has almost no taurine).

I really really believe very small doses of taurine for a week will bring you a semblance of stability. I'm talking around 175mg per day. Take a 500mg capsule and pour around 1/3 of it into a little water with or just before breakfast each day (I guess you could sip it over the day if you wanted, though I haven't tried it).

This will very possibly influence your food cravings with more of a skew towards carbs. Taking fat solubles just puts more demand on your body's taurine supplies as it's used in uptaking them - I would avoid them for a little bit. As you've noticed, liquid calories are going to be inflammatory due to the innate insulin resistance of your current state - especially milk (it has an extremely high insulin index). You could try a little almond of cashew milk if you really crave cereal, for example.

Basically don't be too restrictive, you'll need to take in some magnesium (tinned tuna is a good source if you like it, so are potatoes) but you'll be getting some in the diet you listed above anyway.

Taurine doesn't often seem to be associated in electrolyte balance symptoms but it really is key, it's also key to digestion, but only in very low doses. Overdoing it only going to stress your body.

Aside from taurine, when I've been having trouble with electrolyte balance I have found circadian rhythm to be imperative in sodium retention; especially in the winter. Basically getting outside on your feet as close to dawn as possible and trying to stay in the (natural light) lightest room of the house if you have no cause to be outside helps. Mainly the getting light in your eyes first thing part.

Cortisol is key to sodium retention and the short winter days prove a huge burden on that in my experience (when you're not in great health). Taurine + being out of the house for a 10-15min (or longer if you feel like it!) early moring walk should hopefully bring you a great deal of stability. If your current rhythm is very different it'll be a mental battle to get up and out the door, probably, but it's one you've gotta win (even if just to try for a week or two).

I'm happy and willing to be proven wrong, but I would like to see you trying this before going too deep into the world of supplements and coping measures!

Last edited:

alywest

Cyproheptadine lowers platelet serotonin and as a result decreases aggregation, K2 would do the opposite of that in terms of blood and platelets, but really it forms a different type of clot in response to injury (white blood clots as opposed to red). Aspirin would also lower blood platelet aggregation. If the milk was contaminated, it seems likely that endotoxin made it into the bloodstream causing platelets to take up vast amounts of serotonin and causing unnatural clumping. I think cypro would be a good option for you but I don't know for sure, but as a serotonin antagonist at pretty much all receptors it seems that it would be a better option than aspirin, but aspirin might be good enough taken, with charcoal (taken at least a couple of hours later). Endotoxin really messes up the blood.
Check out this interesting older study where they injected endotoxin into dogs (sad)
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1161/01.RES.8.1.234

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I think the dose is at least 3,000 mg per day.

Better. 1 gram at once should not be a concern, though I'm not a doctor and you shouldn't take any of these posts as medical advice. Buffering aspirin with sodium bicarbonate is generally the preferred method of administration. I would also again point to Niacin, the amount provided by meat is insignificant.

Effects of Aspirin and Other Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs on Biofilms and Planktonic Cells of Candida albicans

Wow okay. I'd say why not for aspirin since it is not a big deal to use. I went to the pharmacy today and bought some. To be sure not to hurt anything more in these intestins I took 2*350mg spaced with a few hours. Can't say if I feel anything different RN, but anyway I'll try it for a few days as long as it doesn't worsen anything; but I've read some haidut's threads about aspirin and I'd like to at least give it a try.

Last few days digestion went a lot better, there was this one night where I couldn't feel any pain. It did come back the day after but it is on a good way. I still feel mentally and physically tired and in eco-mod tho.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

To provide contrast to some of these points, I would say both niacin and aspirin are only being used on a "symptom supressing" basis; in that they won't make you heal, only (and potentially not) make the symptoms feel less bad while you take them.

I have explored and seen people using niacin for depression and they often have to megadose, consistently falling back to square one when they stop.

Taking in so much niacin can spare tryptophan and allow adequate serotonin levels to restore (but the question is why is there such a high niacin "requirement" in the first place?). Chronic aspirin use means unbalancing K2 and all its cofactors in a complex cascade which, again, is unlikely to actually be HEALTH restoring.

I try to be careful to not give particularly authoritarian advice - and I have definitely failed in the past - but more to share my perspective on a direction things might be coming from based on my experiences.

Your situation sounds extremely similar to something I went through a few years ago, although my diarrhea was induced by magnesium citrate supplemention over a few days! I'm going to be a little authoritarian this time - please don't play with fat solubles or megadose vitamins or aspirin before trying this. So many people go into the peat based "coping" rabbit hole and are still there years later.

In the end you know yourself and will learn and grow from your experiences, so you'll best be able to decide what makes the most sense to you, but seeing a little more about your situation I would make a small suggestion to try for a week and THEN reasses...

Taurine is absolutely key to electrolyte balance and can be low in states of poor metabolic health (especially with candida). Eating lots of fats "uses up" taurine, especially animal fats in my experience, and when there's some kind of disruption in the zinc / B6 metabolism pathway (liver health, infection increasing needs or other) then we don't produce our own taurine. We're not going to get significant taurine from foods unless they're eaten raw (which isn't always desirable as the meat isn't freshly slaughtered) then the situation becomes a catch 22 via ---- > need lots of fat to stimulate bile production and quell bacteria overgrowth/infection --- > taurine demand increases ---- > can't balance electrolytes or push magnesium into the cells without adequate taurine -- > can't fight infection or create suitable internal environment for immune system -- > crave more fats === constant inflammation, poor digestion and depression.

You'll find lots of posts about taurine on this forum and on the internet in general. 95% of them will suggest supra physiological doses, for example, a "small" starting dose would be suggested as 500mg. This is an extremely high intake and will likely push your metabolism too far! It might be physiological in some instances but it's way way above average intake for a human (noting that cooked meat has almost no taurine).

I really really believe very small doses of taurine for a week will bring you a semblance of stability. I'm talking around 175mg per day. Take a 500mg capsule and pour around 1/3 of it into a little water with or just before breakfast each day (I guess you could sip it over the day if you wanted, though I haven't tried it).

This will very possibly influence your food cravings with more of a skew towards carbs. Taking fat solubles just puts more demand on your body's taurine supplies as it's used in uptaking them - I would avoid them for a little bit. As you've noticed, liquid calories are going to be inflammatory due to the innate insulin resistance of your current state - especially milk (it has an extremely high insulin index). You could try a little almond of cashew milk if you really crave cereal, for example.

Basically don't be too restrictive, you'll need to take in some magnesium (tinned tuna is a good source if you like it, so are potatoes) but you'll be getting some in the diet you listed above anyway.

Taurine doesn't often seem to be associated in electrolyte balance symptoms but it really is key, it's also key to digestion, but only in very low doses. Overdoing it only going to stress your body.

Aside from taurine, when I've been having trouble with electrolyte balance I have found circadian rhythm to be imperative in sodium retention; especially in the winter. Basically getting outside on your feet as close to dawn as possible and trying to stay in the (natural light) lightest room of the house if you have no cause to be outside helps. Mainly the getting light in your eyes first thing par
Cortisol is key to sodium retention and the short winter days prove a huge burden on that in my experience (when you're not in great health). Taurine + being out of the house for a 10-15min (or longer if you feel like it!) early moring walk should hopefully bring you a great deal of stability. If your current rhythm is very different it'll be a mental battle to get up and out the door, probably, but it's one you've gotta win (even if just to try for a week or two).

I'm happy and willing to be proven wrong, but I would like to see you trying this before going too deep into the world of supplements and coping measures!

I know what you mean. Moreover if my body builds up more platelets and put me in this state there's a reason, so it go wrong if I try to kill the symptoms, as trying to stop fever when it's needed by the body. However those last months were so rude I'd like to have some rest, but of course I won't be too radical.

Your explanation is very clear, and I think this makes a lot of sense again with what others mentionned and what I lived. Severe mineral depletion fits well. Fat would make me angry and I had difficulties to digest it, and pain too (more than other foods).
However, at Christmas where the issues were really bad already, there were scallops at family dinner. I know about their high taurin content, (near 1g/100g if I'm correct) and I ate a lot of them RAW especially for that. I thought it could help me in some way but the pain just grew up after the meal, I was very irritated. Well I don't think 1 take was enough so I'll give it a try, with scallops again.

Last days I retreated back at my parent's house and had to take a break from college because of that story, I have a good circadian rythm and it's regularly sunny, I often have walk in the sunlight at a park etc. I feel better days after days. So I'm already applying some of your recommandations lol. Thank you !

Cyproheptadine lowers platelet serotonin and as a result decreases aggregation, K2 would do the opposite of that in terms of blood and platelets, but really it forms a different type of clot in response to injury (white blood clots as opposed to red). Aspirin would also lower blood platelet aggregation. If the milk was contaminated, it seems likely that endotoxin made it into the bloodstream causing platelets to take up vast amounts of serotonin and causing unnatural clumping. I think cypro would be a good option for you but I don't know for sure, but as a serotonin antagonist at pretty much all receptors it seems that it would be a better option than aspirin, but aspirin might be good enough taken, with charcoal (taken at least a couple of hours later). Endotoxin really messes up the blood.
Check out this interesting older study where they injected endotoxin into dogs (sad)
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1161/01.RES.8.1.234

Thanks. Cyproheptadin is my next target after a short aspirin cure. I'm curious about it.

alywest

Thanks. Cyproheptadin is my next target after a short aspirin cure. I'm curious about it.

Don't forget one of the basic tenets of Peat-land: the carrot salad! I used to not understand why the ACV and coconut oil until I reread him talk about how the carrot fiber carries the ACV and coconut oil into the large intestine so they can work their magic in there.

sunraiser

Wow okay. I'd say why not for aspirin since it is not a big deal to use. I went to the pharmacy today and bought some. To be sure not to hurt anything more in these intestins I took 2*350mg spaced with a few hours. Can't say if I feel anything different RN, but anyway I'll try it for a few days as long as it doesn't worsen anything; but I've read some haidut's threads about aspirin and I'd like to at least give it a try.

Last few days digestion went a lot better, there was this one night where I couldn't feel any pain. It did come back the day after but it is on a good way. I still feel mentally and physically tired and in eco-mod tho.

I know what you mean. Moreover if my body builds up more platelets and put me in this state there's a reason, so it go wrong if I try to kill the symptoms, as trying to stop fever when it's needed by the body. However those last months were so rude I'd like to have some rest, but of course I won't be too radical.

Your explanation is very clear, and I think this makes a lot of sense again with what others mentionned and what I lived. Severe mineral depletion fits well. Fat would make me angry and I had difficulties to digest it, and pain too (more than other foods).
However, at Christmas where the issues were really bad already, there were scallops at family dinner. I know about their high taurin content, (near 1g/100g if I'm correct) and I ate a lot of them RAW especially for that. I thought it could help me in some way but the pain just grew up after the meal, I was very irritated. Well I don't think 1 take was enough so I'll give it a try, with scallops again.

Last days I retreated back at my parent's house and had to take a break from college because of that story, I have a good circadian rythm and it's regularly sunny, I often have walk in the sunlight at a park etc. I feel better days after days. So I'm already applying some of your recommandations lol. Thank you !

Looks like you had a similar train of thought then. Taurine can absolutely be overstimulating, though you did well to go with the food option. Perhaps taurine is not something your body is short on at the moment.

Time is the greatest healer, too. Hope you keep feeling better!

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

WOW.

I was so good and so scared that it could stop that I haven't updated.

I've been feeling so HIGH these last days.
As proposed by Diokine, I tried 1g of aspirin a day, 500mg morning & 500mg before bed. The night following the day I started, was the best I had in months. The day after, I felt like I was flying on a cotton cloud, and this feeling kept going for the whole week and it still hasn't stop.

Before taking aspirin I was taking Atarax to help me sleep, I did not feel so much effects from it further than placebo, but I have upped the dosage from 1 to 1.5 tablets the same day I started Aspirin, so eventho I keep in mind the effects were superposed in time, I think that aspirin had a much more important role.

I really feel so light, and I feel high. There were a lot of sun this last week so I spent my time outside, and I don't know how, but in a week of lightness my skin and my mind cleared up, I took a redish skin color, more "tight" on my face, my hairs feel so good.

Dunno what exactly caused all of this, if it is aspirin, those sunny days and the sunlight, my new "secured" situation, all of those.
Yesterday I experienced again symptoms of IBS and gut bloating with gas, lots of gas and even water would make me fart.

But overall, all symptoms are disappearing, after 3 months of struggling liquids are finally easy on the stomach, I don't have cramps everywhere, etc etc.

Feels so good. Thanks for all the advices, eventho I'm not done yet.

I have 2 questions concerning aspirin:
I take 1g everyday, but I am a little scared about the long time effects. I took only 500mg today and yesterday and it felt fine. I'm going to decrease it evenmore to 100mg a day from my doctor advice (I still have so much tests to do :( ), can it still have those good effects ?
Also, what does it mean that it helped me so much, if it is what indeed help me, lol. ? Thanks ! :)

Cirion

I don't think 1g a day is problematic... that said, I tried that and started to get bruising and had to stop. I was taking vitamin K2, but maybe not enough? dunno.

The therapeutic dosages are generally closer to 1g+ yeah. I am not sure you'll see the same effects with just 100-200 mg.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Hey.

Every symptoms improved a lot. I even thought they disappeared, but IBS symptoms came back few days ago, with difficulty to digest and some kind of numbness/irritability, way lighter than before tho.

My concern is that even 2 months after my first blood tests, my platelets are STILL at 900 (should be 150-400). No other blood anormalities. I'm seeing way too many differents specialists who can't give me any solid diagnostic, as if I was the first person to suffer from this. They planned me pelvis echography, bone punction with local anesthesia, even a general anesthetic for colonoscopy, and even more blood tests (I already did 5 or so).

Nobody knows what I have and my platelets are a concern. This is a total mystery.

Constatine

Working in antibiotic spices and herbs in the diet can be helpful. Clove and thyme are pretty effective for lowering total gut bacteria.

Please do not do Raw Milk.
This thread should give all of us some pause.

As for the topic,they sell granulated egg-yolk-lecithin for
destructed stomach diseases like IBD Crohns etc.

I would recommend strongly a consumption of 4 to 8 very softboiled egggyolks/d.
Also Hi-Dose Thiamin like 1400mg/d.
Antibiotics can be very useful.I would operate under the premise of infection.