I'll give you or a charity you support $50 if you can help me figure out my problem.

Jayvee

I have already posted another similar thread (which I'll delete if I can) but I really need help here.

I Stupidly took Penicillin (50-100mg for 5 days) and Minocycline (100mg for 2 days) without knowing enough about them.

I was having positive experiences with Penicillin for a few days and then started having some breathlessness (but within comfort). Then i switched over to Minocycline (based on gut test results) and got slightly worse breathlessness. Then an order for NDT arrived and I thought I'd try that which tipped me over the edge and gave me severe breathing problems (including a stroke whilst driving!), weak feeling heart and dread feeling.

Now, since that event (8 weeks ago), I am experiencing occasional breathing problems where I'm gasping for air and my systolic blood pressure is measuring around 160 when I experience an 'episode'.

If anyone can succesfully point me in the right direction to fixing this I will give them £50 (or equivalent currency) to them or a chosen charity. Still cant work out if it was the antibiotics or if it was the NDT causing an adrenaline/stress response.

Taurine, charcoal, Theanine, D-Limeone and digestive enzymes have all been helpful which to me points in the direction of it being gut related (maybe an overgrowth of some kind).

Anyway, I'm an idiot for doing this to myself (I dont need reminding ha). Any pointers that help me to recover I will gladly pay for.

Thanks!

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I don't know what is causing your discomfort but I would quit the NDT, eat plenty of carbohydrates and do some 1-2 minute bag breathing several times a day. Doxycycline which is similar to Minocycline increased my stomach acid greatly and caused gastro esophageal reflux problems for me which can cause some problems with the diaphragm and breathing.

But there are much smarter people here that may have better ideas.

PeskyPeater

No, it takes 3 different antibiotics to actually lower the load of microbes. So i think you are oke. Beeing that you also took other stuff, I think the probability that they have affected your situation is high and needs to be eliminated from the equation before you can make other conclusions that go with the use of those antibiotics on your health

PeskyPeater

you indicated that you have breathing problems after taking stuff that from your view was supposed to be helpful in increasing your metabolism. Instead it seems that you have such a low metabolism and deficiency of co-factors of mitochondria that you experience trouble in supplying enough oxygen and holding on to CO2 , in doeing so this increased lactic acid too much that is now counterproductive.
So you have to take a step back. instead of using those supplements you need to first eat to increase metabolism and see how that goes to stabilize your situation.

Diokine

I would suspect alterations in the population of choline metabolizing bacteria, tending towards an increase. This would have the effect of reducing available choline and increasing end products of choline metabolism like TMA. You might consider methyl donors like methylated folate or trimethylglycine.

OP
Jayvee

Jayvee

Thanke Dolomite. Actually feels a lot like reflux so could simply be that. Did you find anything particularly useful with combatting that? I'm finding smaller mealsome of the most reliable ways to not get it as bad. I really wish i didnt take antibiotics.

PeskyPeater

No worries, what you can do in the mean time, is focusing on relaxing yourself, taking it easy. And try to increase salt via soups that lower aldosterone.
Assuming that you have a leaky gut that comes from low thyroid function, this endeavor of using antibiotics could have actually increased endotoxin and it's uptake worsening your situation.
What you can do is drink some UHT milk to coat your intestine and lower the effects of endotoxin and prevent other things getting in uncontrolled. with some aspirine against inflammation together with some licorice with ginger root powder with sugar in the milk or make capsules with it and cinnamon that counter serotonin effects in the gut.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Thanke Dolomite. Actually feels a lot like reflux so could simply be that. Did you find anything particularly useful with combatting that? I'm finding smaller mealsome of the most reliable ways to not get it as bad. I really wish i didnt take antibiotics.
There are lots of threads about GERD and reflux. I have been trying to use a little apple cider vinegar with meals to keep the stomach acid up when food is in the stomach. So far it seems to work. My health food store also has some apple cider vinegar tablets. They have some other ingredients that aren't great but I use one at the evening meal so I don't have to drink so much fluid.

The bag breathing helps relax the diaphragm so you don't get reflux as often.

PeskyPeater

reflux is too low stomach acid that is indicative of low thyroid function and co-factors, increase salt the chloride helps make stomach acid. and after waking have some water with baking soda before a meal to increase bicarbonate load that helps to release stomach acid. Also try to increase vitamin B with liver seafood and boiled eggs with salt but only after getting in carbs.

Z

Zsazsa

I had breathlessness in the past and tracked it down to B6 deficiency. B6 supplementation made it worse, while P5P solved it. I think it could be some sort of liver enzyme block.

I crushed a 50mg pill and took about 5mg/day for 2 weeks and then crashed - probably serotonin overload. Then I learned to balance it with B2.

OP
Jayvee

Jayvee

Thanks everyone! Some great pointers to try out. I'm deadly serious about the $50 too. Anything that can get me out this mess would be amazing for me.

Sexypizza

whenever you feel breathless or are anxious, try breathing into a paper bag for a few minutes.

GTW

Some remedies from other traditions:
GERD, chew/suck on a small piece of dried calamus root twice a day.
Restore balanced digestion, wormwood tea several times daily. TBD, absinthium or sinica/annua species, which works best.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Did you receive the Covid vaccine(s) or actually had Covid? The spike protein is known to cause blood clotting and inflammation of the lungs. The 'unofficial' treatment protocol calls for an antihistamine at the 7th or 8th day since infection to counter inflammation of the lungs.

I would recommend taking Zeta Aid three times a day, it charges up, literally, the blood particles, such that due to electrostatic repulsion, the blood particles stay separated. I am taking it for almost 10 years religiously every day and it really helps with my arrhythmia.

I buy 25 packs at a time, so it comes to $10 per month. You could try a couple of packs and see if it helps you. Read the instruction, you need to mix the content of one pack with 32 oz of distilled or reverse osmosis water, this becomes your 'Master Solution', keep this in the refrigerator. From the Master Solution, take one measured table spoon (12.5 ml) and mix it with a large glass of water (16 oz).

The Zeta Aid contains beneficial potassium based electrolytes, which strengthens the Zeta Potential of the blood and with that it increases the blood's colloidal stability.

I have posted many times about this topic on this forum. I even posted a link to Thomas M. Riddick's book on the colloidal stability and the Zeta Potential and its connection to cardiovascular disease. I am not a doctor, I have a Ph.D. in physics and have, of course, also understanding about chemistry.

Riddick's book with the chapter on cardiovascular disease was on the Internet but the site is down, here is a waybackmachine link to that site:

GodsHound

I had a similar experience with initial positive effects from penicillin, but then worsening of symptoms with with additional courses. Also I've experienced adrenaline related symptoms with thyroid inc. heart arrhythmia, tachycardia, high BP, "dread feeling".

I think the reason that symptoms can return (even worse sometimes) after antibiotics is slow intestinal mobility due to stress/ slow metabolism/ low thyroid - allowing bacteria overgrowth to re-occur easily. But supplementing thyroid while still trying to fix gut issues can lead to adrenaline responses - as increased levels of T3 in blood will highten your sensitivity to adrenaline, which easily be triggered by intestinal irritation.

After having first promising, then disappointing results from penicillin. I fixed my gut issues using carrot salad, low starch, regularity to meals/ sleep cycles, most importantly noticing which foods were problematic, figuring out a safe/therapeutic diet and sticking to it. Easier said than done and it took me a while.

Ray has useful insights on thyroid/ adrenaline connection here, at 1hr 8min mark. I've had bad cardiovascular effects from taking thyroid last up to a week after one dose. For me, a magnesium supplement (100-200mg), quickly resolves all cardio symptoms BUT magnesium supplements are notorious for irritating the intestine, which can itself lead to a stress response. I've found that making my own magnesium bicarbonate water to be the least harsh on intestines, and I mostly get my magnesium from milk. I've found 1mg cyproheptadine very useful to quiet stress response in emergencies but use it sparingly.

Sam321

I have already posted another similar thread (which I'll delete if I can) but I really need help here.

I Stupidly took Penicillin (50-100mg for 5 days) and Minocycline (100mg for 2 days) without knowing enough about them.

I was having positive experiences with Penicillin for a few days and then started having some breathlessness (but within comfort). Then i switched over to Minocycline (based on gut test results) and got slightly worse breathlessness. Then an order for NDT arrived and I thought I'd try that which tipped me over the edge and gave me severe breathing problems (including a stroke whilst driving!), weak feeling heart and dread feeling.

Now, since that event (8 weeks ago), I am experiencing occasional breathing problems where I'm gasping for air and my systolic blood pressure is measuring around 160 when I experience an 'episode'.

If anyone can succesfully point me in the right direction to fixing this I will give them £50 (or equivalent currency) to them or a chosen charity. Still cant work out if it was the antibiotics or if it was the NDT causing an adrenaline/stress response.

Taurine, charcoal, Theanine, D-Limeone and digestive enzymes have all been helpful which to me points in the direction of it being gut related (maybe an overgrowth of some kind).

Anyway, I'm an idiot for doing this to myself (I dont need reminding ha). Any pointers that help me to recover I will gladly pay for.

Thanks!

Sounds similar to what I went through. Extreme gut irritation. Think it maybe wiped out good stuff and ****88 me up as well.
Within 2 days of starting milk diet had me sleeping again.

No antibiotic is safe.

Jennifer

@Jayvee, I’m sorry for what you've experienced. I second what GodsHound said. I dealt with something similar. Back in 2019, I was having adrenaline attacks so bad that on one occasion, I actually questioned if I was having a stroke because my face and one side of my body went numb. At the onset of an attack, my heart would pound, my blood pressure skyrocket (to 160), my whole body convulse, and I'd be gasping for air and pass out. This went on daily for 6 months straight, and the inability to take in a full breath became constant that by the end of the 6 months I had turned blue. I figured out the attacks were a symptom of hypoglycemia, a food allergy, and intestinal inflammation caused by the food allergy, which were a symptom of hypothyroidism. For me, NDT actually stopped the attacks but like GodsHound, it took a specific diet to resolve the dyspnea completely. I took Minocycline for at least 6 months back in 2015 and it resolved my gut issues (only while taking it) but caused low blood sugar so I had to make sure to take it with food. I don’t know if it’s a common side-effect but I’ve seen it reported that those with a history of poor sugar metabolism/utilization (diabetes, hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism etc.) have to be careful when taking an antibiotic because of its effect on blood sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals