Safe Foods? Can't Find Many. How Do I Get Out Of This?

History: Did carnivore diet for close to a year (donut binges 2x per month) ever since then, i've struggled to eat foods without negative consequences.

Negative Food Reactions:
Red Meat = sweaty clammy palms, disrupts sleep if eaten after noon (even when combined with gelatin)
Starch (rice/potatoes) = estrogenic symptoms (severe bloating, puffy sensitive nipples)
Dairy = estrogenic symptoms (severe bloating, puffy sensitive nipples)
Gelatin = seem to get bloated after 50g in a 24 hour period
Coffee = irritation can't quite place my finger on (cold brew is much less irritating)
Gluten/Wheat = (severe bloating, puffy sensitive nipples)

No Reactions:
- Liver (small amounts)
- Shrimp
- Oysters
- Orange Juice (without pulp)
- Cooked Fruits
- Carrot Salad
- Ginger
^but can't afford a diet consisting of solely these items (nor my sanity), basically the protein sources become too pricey to get adequate amounts of, i'm a 6'3, 230lb semi-fit male, thus needs lots of protein, 150g+ per day.

Other Notes:
- I've attempted Danny Roddy protocol for dairy, penicillin VK for 2 weeks, didn't notice anything.
- I've consumed pot regularly each night for the last few years, although just quit 2 weeks ago.
- I eat carrots 2x day (w/coconut oil)
- I've used activated charcoal with success (clearer-thinking, eliminated white tongue)
- I seem to have all symptoms of estrogen dominance
- Temps are decent & consistent (98.2+) lately in the mornings since starting progesterone

How do I get my body to be able to tolerate foods better?

tara

I don't know.
But is it possible that the puffiness from rice, potatoes and wheat are a result of the period of restriction?

Did you eat a very low calorie diet for a while in carnivore mode?

How long have you persisted with the starchy foods and reactions before dropping them?

Have you tried gradually increasing potatoes or rice by a little every couple of days to see if you can readjust?
Have you tried something like a soup made with a gelatinous cut of meat and some potatoes and veges? Can't guarantee it would work for you, but starting with a little starchy food and protein and minerals to go with it might be worth a try?

OP
Digital Samurai
I don't know.
But is it possible that the puffiness from rice, potatoes and wheat are a result of the period of restriction?

Did you eat a very low calorie diet for a while in carnivore mode?

How long have you persisted with the starchy foods and reactions before dropping them?

Have you tried gradually increasing potatoes or rice by a little every couple of days to see if you can readjust?
Have you tried something like a soup made with a gelatinous cut of meat and some potatoes and veges? Can't guarantee it would work for you, but starting with a little starchy food and protein and minerals to go with it might be worth a try?

The brain fog and bloating from starch is so bad and negatively affecting my work, that i'm not willing to keep putting it into my body at the moment. But to answer your question, no, i haven't tried small amounts and ramping up slowly. A half cup of rice doesn't seem like an excessive dosage, but who knows.

Haven't tried that type of soup yet. Thought ray was against most veggies aside from carrot.

julcreutz

Chiming in on this. I did carnivore for almost over 2 years, ever since I have had terrible histamine intolerance. Even to meats. I noticed that on carnivore already.
It seems to get worse, no matter what I try. I try to eat as low histamine as possible, but getting unaged ruminant meat in germany is pretty much impossible, and I even notice slight histamine symptomps from lamb, which is typically aged very shortly. Bananas give me crazy histamine symptoms as well. The usual offenders knock me out terribly also. I honestly don't know what to do.

Korven

Chiming in on this. I did carnivore for almost over 2 years, ever since I have had terrible histamine intolerance. Even to meats. I noticed that on carnivore already.
It seems to get worse, no matter what I try. I try to eat as low histamine as possible, but getting unaged ruminant meat in germany is pretty much impossible, and I even notice slight histamine symptomps from lamb, which is typically aged very shortly. Bananas give me crazy histamine symptoms as well. The usual offenders knock me out terribly also. I honestly don't know what to do.

Have you ever experimented with prebiotics and probiotic strains to establish a more healthy gut flora? Carnivore diet is notorious for wiping out good gut bacteria and that can cause histamine issues for some individuals. B. longum helped me a lot to tolerate more foods after a stint of carnivore/fiber-free diets. There are also the spore based probiotics like bacillus subtilis which I found to be beneficial for gut health. Apple skins, cranberies and pomegranate are good for boosting akkermansia and bifdobacteria (helps reduce colon permeability and LPS leakage).

However I would avoid the 25 strain probiotics as they can cause even more histamine issues.

Or perhaps you are low in specific histamine-degrading nutrients like copper, vitamin C, etc.

julcreutz

Well, I've been off it over a year now. I've been eating apples, pears and white potatoes without any issues; but reintroductions of higher histamine/histamine liberating foods always fail terribly.
I have read about probiotic strains of bacteria for histamine intolerance tho.. I was cautious since I have had a bad experience with probiotics in the past.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals