psoriatic arthritis, gerd and more - please advise

Jax780

Hello. I've been dealing with several health issues for 16 years now.
I'm a 35 year old male. 145lbs. Exercise 3x a week (weightlifting, biking)

At 19 I was diagnosed with psoriasis. I started losing my hair at the same time - the psoriasis on my scalp actually first triggered the hairloss. I soon had acid reflux/GERD, hemorrhoids and acne. My psoriasis eventually evolved into psoriatic arthritis and I am now on Enbrel which actually has eliminated all of my psoriasis symptoms.

I've been on proton pump inhibitors for over a decade and finally quit them 3 weeks ago. I've been substituting the pills with digestive enzymes (absorbaid) and calcium citrate powder which tightens the sphincter preventing the acid from flowing up. I feel like now though I'm dependent on the absorbaid and calcium citrate in order to eat.

I discovered Peat two weeks ago and have been trying to eat the recommended foods.

For breakfast a glass of milk with sugar, OJ, coffee with gelatin and eggs. Lunch time: carrot salad with olive oil and vinegar (two carrots worth) everyday (still waiting for coconut oil to arrive in the mail).

I eat mostly beef, chicken, fish and a lot of cheese. I cut back on grains significantly but not completely.

Milk and OJ with gelatin every night before I go to bed.

I'm getting more sunlight.

I tried quitting metamucil capsules since I've been eating the carrot salad and gelatin but my stool got unmanageable again and the hemorrhoids came back.

I do feel like my metabolism has sped up since the diet changes and am sleeping better.

I'd appreciate some feedback: What other foods should I implement? Should I try a thyroid supplement and which one?

I always felt they were all connected despite all the docs brushing me off when I would inquire about the connections. I'm tired of taking all these drugs. I plan to get blood tests done within a few weeks. Thanks.

mandance

Sorry to hear about the health troubles. Its not fun for sure. But it sounds like you are on the right track now and the fact that you have said sleep and metabolism are improving is a big sign.

I might hold off on thyroid for now, you just started changing your diet, best to take things slow and monitor progress. Thryroid is powerful stuff, and you are making lots of changes right now so hold off maybe until you start to stabalize some other problems. Lab results are helpful, but if you want to gain some insights into your metabolic function and thryroid, I would suggest keeping journal entries of your waking heart rate and pulse, then again an hour after breakfast. Do this for a few weeks and see where they are at, while you wait for the lab results.

Once we see that stuff, its easier to give you advice on which direction to go. But again, sounds like you are making the right changes...keep going and give it some time.

OP
J

Jax780

Thanks for the response. I wrote to Ray Peat himself. The most notable thing he said was my ratio of phosphate to calcium is very high. So I suppose that's from eating too much meat and not enough dairy?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals