Mucus and blood in stool. Empty stomach pain.

leeteeh

I’ve written a couple of posts about my stool and digestion lately but I’m unsure what to do next.
•Bloated even without eating or drinking.
•Middle stomach pain above belly button when pressing or sucking in deep.
•tiny bits of blood in stool which used to sometimes happen around time of too little or too much fibre but now almost looks within the stool itself.
•sometimes mucus in stool which today part of the mucus was actually pink and had a tiny bit of blood with it.
I know I have some form of gut imbalance or parasite issue due my not so great digestion and eating habits over the last couple of years. If I was to have granulated sugar added to something or a gelatine candy (haribo) or even aspirin the next day my stool would have a lot of mucus. Which makes me think some type of bacteria or fungal issue, I’ve been dealing with what I thought was chest pain for months but is more lower left rib/spleen area and at times something like too much potato will give me lower right appendix area pain or days after.
I’m just unsure if this would all be related to some gut imbalance or parasite or even an a ulcer with the empty stomach pain (which isn’t unbearable and only happen if I press deep or suck in) or if this is something more serious and cancer related and if I ignore it could get worse. The only next steps from dr would be colonoscopy which I really don’t want to do especially given the research provided from this forum about them and my current state of gut health I wouldn’t want to make things worse.
Anyone have any idea or anything come to mind with all these symptoms combined?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Maybe you have colitis from certain foods or Crohn's. I think a bland diet is what might be recommended until you feel better.

OP
L

leeteeh

Maybe you have colitis from certain foods or Crohn's. I think a bland diet is what might be recommended until you feel better.
Are there tests for these?
i could eat anything and it wouldn’t cause me stomach pain. If I eat something and press it such in that’s when the pain isn’t there, it’s only on empty stomach I can feel it by doing that.
As far as the blood and mucus I’m not sure.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I looked at your other threads and agree with many of the posters that you possibly have heartburn or GERD. Crohn's and colitis can be helped by trying an elimination diet from what I have read. I don't know what tests are used to diagnose Crohn's. You have colitis if you have mucus and blood in your stool. Your colon is inflamed. That is why a bland diet or liquid diet might help heal the colon. When my husband has had colitis it was brought on by his use of hot red pepper.

OP
L

leeteeh

I
I looked at your other threads and agree with many of the posters that you possibly have heartburn or GERD. Crohn's and colitis can be helped by trying an elimination diet from what I have read. I don't know what tests are used to diagnose Crohn's. You have colitis if you have mucus and blood in your stool. Your colon is inflamed. That is why a bland diet or liquid diet might help heal the colon. When my husband has had colitis it was brought on by his use of hot red pepper.
don’t know because when I search gerd or heart burn I don’t think the symptoms match at all. The “chest” pain isn’t really chest. It’s the lower part of my left rib and other symptoms just don’t match when it comes to food and so on.

OP
L

leeteeh

And I have done blood tests for various inflammatory markers and stool test for calprotection and nothing is raised so I assume if it was Crohn’s or colitis something would be high showing inflammation.

3slackC

I had the same symptoms and they only got worse over time. For me, white rice, buckwheat, quinoa and glutenous grains result in knee pain and immediate edema/swelling in my arms, also chest pain at night.

Doctor told me it's just stress and that I shouldn't worry so much, but I recently went to another doctor (after having sharp stomach pain, feeling like vomiting and nearly passing out from extreme nausea) and was told, my colon is thickened and scarred from chronic inflammation (which could explain my worsening of constipation and symptoms of "leaky gut"), now hopefully receiving adequate treatment. The mucus could be from your colonic wall. Take pictures of your stool, show them to your doctor.

I would avoid foods that trigger symptoms (it could just be allergies, but if your colon stays irritated, you'll develop sensitivities to other foods), cut the aspirin and replace sugar with fruit. Also avoid foods that are prone to mold contamination (i.e. coffee, chocolate, dried fruit, fresh vegetables -> frozen vegetables). Are you by any means also experiencing increased urinary frequency? Has your doctor offered to do a simple ultrasound first? How is your environment? What are you eating in a day?

Last edited:
OP
L

leeteeh

I had the same symptoms and they only got worse over time. For me, white rice, buckwheat, quinoa and glutenous grains result in knee pain and immediate edema/swelling in my arms, also chest pain at night.

Doctor told me it's just stress and that I shouldn't worry so much, but I recently went to another doctor (after having sharp stomach pain, feeling like vomiting and nearly passing out from extreme nausea) and was told, my colon is thickened and scarred from chronic inflammation (which could explain my worsening of constipation and symptoms of "leaky gut"), now hopefully receiving adequate treatment. The mucus could be from your colonic wall. Take pictures of your stool, show them to your doctor.

I would avoid foods that trigger symptoms (it could just be allergies, but if your colon stays irritated, you'll develop sensitivities to other foods), cut the aspirin and replace sugar with fruit. Also avoid foods that are prone to mold contamination (i.e. coffee, chocolate, dried fruit, fresh vegetables -> frozen vegetables). Are you by any means also experiencing increased urinary frequency? Has your doctor offered to do a simple ultrasound first? How is your environment? What are you eating in a day?
Thanks for the response
I have taken photos and shown to dr who wanted to do a colonoscopy to check for cancer which I didn’t go ahead with as I wanted to rule out other things before possibly maybe my digestion worse with a colonoscopy.
Do you mean an ultrasound of intestines? Or stomach?
I’ve had a heart ultrasound and due a liver and spleen ultrasound but I could also request stomach or intestines if that’s what you mean?
I’m moving home at the end of the months due to this home having some possible mold issues, not within my place directly but neighbours and communal areas and they all connect internally so it could still affect me and I’ve had mold
Exposure illness in the past too and part of my healing I did a “cleanse” and passed some horrible looking mucus/slime/ maybe parasites and felt 50% better almost instantly.
My eating has been unsteady due to the pains and health problems, currently it would be
eggs
Beef
Chicken
potatoes
Rice
Coconut oil
Butter
Yogurt, milk, honey
frozen fruits like blueberries, pineapple, papaya, mango, cherries
Bananas, apples
OJ

HeyThere

Thanks for the response
I have taken photos and shown to dr who wanted to do a colonoscopy to check for cancer which I didn’t go ahead with as I wanted to rule out other things before possibly maybe my digestion worse with a colonoscopy.
I’ve had a heart ultrasound and due a liver and spleen ultrasound but I could also request stomach or intestines if that’s what you mean?
I’m moving home at the end of the months due to this home having some possible mold issues, not within my place directly but neighbours and communal areas and they all connect internally so it could still affect me and I’ve had mold
Exposure illness in the past too and part of my healing I did a “cleanse” and passed some horrible looking mucus/slime/ maybe parasites and felt 50% better almost instantly.
My eating has been unsteady due to the pains and health problems, currently it would be
eggs
Beef
Chicken
potatoes
Rice
Coconut oil
Butter
Yogurt, milk, honey
Bananas, apples
OJ

Do you itch? Rashes? Ringing ears? can you take aspirin?

3slackC

Thanks for the response
eggs
Beef
Chicken
potatoes
Rice
Coconut oil
Butter
Yogurt, milk, honey
Bananas, apples
OJ
Ultrasound of the intestines. Takes them 5 minutes to detect abnormalities, colonoscopy should not be the first procedure. Do dietetic alterations or probiotics aggravate the issue by any chance?

OP
L

leeteeh

Ultrasound of the intestines. Takes them 5 minutes to detect abnormalities, colonoscopy should not be the first procedure. Do dietetic alterations or probiotics aggravate the issue by any chance?
I will ask about that as I’m due for spleen and liver ultrasound.
Things with granulated sugar can produce some mucus in the stool the next day. And large amounts of potatoes everyday has in the past caused pain and pressure in appendix area. Other than that diet doesn’t change much apart from not eating has the slight pain and burning in stomach area when sucking in or pressing on the area.

OP
L

leeteeh

Do you itch? Rashes? Ringing ears? can you take aspirin?
Not much itch. Although a couple of years ago some skin itching and dandruff came back which I hadn’t had since a teen. I used to have dandruff and a lot of skin itching especially at night or in heat, and something called dermatograhpia/skin writing which I still have. The skin itching and dandruff went after I got sick from mold
And did some protocols, fasting, changes diets a lot like vegan, keto, juices and so on but randomly came back 2 years ago like I said, started with dandruff then I noticed an increase in itching but now it’s not too much. Ringing ears no but I had some random moments of pulsatile tinnitus a month or two ago which is like your heartbeat in your ear in a whooshing sound (my right ear). I can take aspirin yes, are you suggestions I do or are you asking if when I take aspirin do I have problems ? I did in the last for some months but stopped as I had also taken Vit E but cannot tolerate Vit k2 it gives me extreme dizziness and vertigo for days after, I’ve attempted multiple times and realised in the end it was the k2 causing it.

3slackC

If you had mold, do you also suffer from nasal congestion? Have you tried antihistamines? You suspected a gut imbalance, do fodmaps make you pass a lot of gas? When I had a yeast infection, the amount of gas I passed was extreme and my skin smelled like sourdough bread.

OP
L

leeteeh

If you had mold, do you also suffer from nasal congestion? Have you tried antihistamines? You suspected a gut imbalance, do fodmaps make you pass a lot of gas? When I had a yeast infection, the amount of gas I passed was extreme and my skin smelled like sourdough bread.
No. Asap congestion unless I lay down. But I’d had mold exposure sickness years ago and always suffered no nasal/ sinus or breathing issues. I don’t get allergy issues from mold but I do get toxicity issues like brain fog, sleep issues, fatigue, and libido loss. Along with other random symptoms that very much come and go.
I don’t really get much gas at all. If I was to eat something that I don’t usually eat then yes I may have a little the next day but if I eat my usual diet i don’t have gas really.
I do have constant bloat. I hope to get a gi-map
And my skin does not smell like sourdough but I enjoy the smell of sourdough haha, I don’t have a difference in smell, although when my gut is bad the slightest bit of onion or garlic makes one or both of my armpits smell very much like it within a day it’s intense. I don’t mean smelling out a room I mean if I sniff my armpit I can smell the change due to garlic and onion, maybe this is normal but I never used to get it only since the gut issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals