Sciatica/Crohn's healing experiment

Hypermnesia

I am trying to design a protocol for myself to heal my sciatic nerve pain which seems to be caused by degenerative disc disease and is highly exacerbated by my crohns disease and low testosterone.
I tried to come off of trt not long ago but my sicatica flared up much worse so I am back on 150mgs a week and I am using aromasin 6mg a day for e2 control since my blood pressure gets concerningly high without it.

Originally once I had started TRT and ran a low dosage of primobolan my gut was slightly better but once I added in raw milk kefir on top of that which I previously would react badly to and have a histamine reaction and miracles happened. I have since not had any bloody or black stools or mucus and very normal looking bowel movements.

I also started TRT in the first place because of this study

Progesterone, lidocaine, testosterone, pregnenolone and a heating pad have helped would the sciatic nerve pain but it simply seems to not be enough. Some gabapentin is also useful for symptom relief.

If I kept my testosterone around 100-200 per week and nandrolone I would start at 50mgs and go to 100 at the most and use primobolan again at up yo 200mgs per week to improve collagen synthesis and the strength of my muscle and improve my crohns disease is this a good protocol? I could possibly add in a low dose of GH to heal faster.

I also should add that many things can irritate my gut such as miralax or any other natural laxative I am usually constipated because my stool gets very dry quite easily. Today I had to take some miralax and it sent me into another sciatica flare.

I really cannot stand being in so much pain and having these flareups triggered so easily and sometimes I get very nauseous and my legs go numb and I feel like I can't walk but applying to the progesterone topically seems to fix it to some extent but I would think nandrolone being more effective than the progesterone I'm not concerned about the side effects at a therapeutic dosage. And if I could drop the AI in favor of primobolan that would probably be much more beneficial.

My current regime:

150mgs testosterone
6mgs exemestane
K2 mk4 5-10mgs
D3 5000 iu
30mgs preg
15mgs dhea

My rough plan
150-250 testosterone
200-300 primobolan
50-100 deca
K2 mk4 5-10mgs
D3 5000 iu
30 preg
15 dhea

Any advice or ideas of what is going on is highly appreciated. And I will update this thread on what happens when I do this.

OP
H

Hypermnesia

I am trying to design a protocol for myself to heal my sciatic nerve pain which seems to be caused by degenerative disc disease and is highly exacerbated by my crohns disease and low testosterone.
I tried to come off of trt not long ago but my sicatica flared up much worse so I am back on 150mgs a week and I am using aromasin 6mg a day for e2 control since my blood pressure gets concerningly high without it.

Originally once I had started TRT and ran a low dosage of primobolan my gut was slightly better but once I added in raw milk kefir on top of that which I previously would react badly to and have a histamine reaction and miracles happened. I have since not had any bloody or black stools or mucus and very normal looking bowel movements.

Progesterone, lidocaine, testosterone, pregnenolone and a heating pad have helped would the sciatic nerve pain but it simply seems to not be enough. Some gabapentin is also useful for symptom relief.

If I kept my testosterone around 100-200 per week and nandrolone I would start at 50mgs and go to 100 at the most and use primobolan again at up yo 200mgs per week to improve collagen synthesis and the strength of my muscle and improve my crohns disease is this a good protocol? I could possibly add in a low dose of GH to heal faster.

I also should add that many things can irritate my gut such as miralax or any other natural laxative I am usually constipated because my stool gets very dry quite easily. Today I had to take some miralax and it sent me into another sciatica flare.

I really cannot stand being in so much pain and having these flareups triggered so easily and sometimes I get very nauseous and my legs go numb and I feel like I can't walk but applying to the progesterone topically seems to fix it to some extent but I would think nandrolone being more effective than the progesterone I'm not concerned about the side effects at a therapeutic dosage. And if I could drop the AI in favor of primobolan that would probably be much more beneficial.

My current regime:

150mgs testosterone
6mgs exemestane
K2 mk4 5-10mgs
D3 5000 iu
30mgs preg
15mgs dhea

My rough plan
150-250 testosterone
200-300 primobolan
50-100 deca
K2 mk4 5-10mgs
D3 5000 iu
30 preg
15 dhea

Any advice or ideas of what is going on is highly appreciated. And I will update this thread on what happens when I do this.
For added context I also have scoliosis which was corrected by spinal fusion. I think this has made my lower back sensitive to all the inflammation from my gut.

Here is a simple exercise that works wonders!

mostlylurking

My current regime:

150mgs testosterone
6mgs exemestane
K2 mk4 5-10mgs
D3 5000 iu
30mgs preg
15mgs dhea

My rough plan
150-250 testosterone
200-300 primobolan
50-100 deca
K2 mk4 5-10mgs
D3 5000 iu
30 preg
15 dhea

First off, I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV. But I have experienced similar issues and my issues have resolved via prescription thyroid medication, vitamin supplementation, pregnenolone, progesterone, and a good chiropractor. I follow Ray Peat's advice about diet: no PUFA, lots of dairy and gelatin, orange juice, liver, eggs, oysters. However, I avoid all coffee and tea and I am conservative with sugar except for the orange juice and what's in the milk. I'm female, age 72.

I had scoliosis so bad that they put me in a 5/8" shoe lift and orthopedic shoes so I could walk. I was like that for at least 15+ years. Lots of sciatica. Lots of joint pain. Then a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis to go along with the diagnosis of leaky gut, and SIBO, and also high gluten sensitivity plus almost universally sensitive to foods and environmental chemicals. Also throw in estrogen dominance due to a tubal ligation. But enough about me.

Here's some links for your consideration:

The rheumatoid arthritis massively improved with the right dosage of prescription thyroid medication; I take Acella brand natural desiccated thyroid. The endo that helped me get straight doubled the dose I had been taking (from 90mg to 180mg) and changed the brand to Acella; it actually works. The massive long term issue with severe joint inflammation resolved in about a week. Thyroid hormone makes mushy water logged cartilage into normal cartilage so your body can hold itself together.

The scoliosis took a bit longer. But I was able to throw away the orthopedic shoes with the 5/8" shoe lift in less than 12 months. I attribute that some to the thyroid med but also to thiamine. Here's a link for your consideration: What Is Scoliosis? - Hormones Matter

"The spinal column is lined by very strong ligaments and muscles. It is these muscles that enable us to bend in every direction. However, those muscles are kept in what is called constant tone. Notice the hardness of the muscles in the low back. They feel to the touch like steel almost. This is because they are kept in tone as a permanent support. This tone is maintained through the autonomic nervous system by constant signals from the brainstem to the muscles surrounding the spinal column. The voluntary system can overcome the autonomic signals to enable us to bend as we wish. Asymmetric signaling to the muscles on either side of the spinal column occurs in health but may be only slight. If however, control mechanisms in the lower part of the brain are metabolically inefficient, asymmetric signaling evidently increases. If the tonic signals have exaggerated asymmetry, the tone of the muscles on one side of the spinal column will have stronger signals than on the other side. This explains why the scoliosis occurs gradually, but we have to realize that the real cause of the disease is because of the exaggerated asymmetry in the autonomic nervous system. In other words, scoliosis can be a disease of the autonomic nervous system as well as from genetic changes in the vertebral column."

Thiamine is required for normal autonomic nervous system function. This includes the function of the digestive tract. Thiamine (and magnesium) also keep the intestine healthy and repaired. Thiamine is required to have normal stomach acid. If you have very low stomach acid, terrible things happen to the digestive tract because the food doesn't get digested properly and then wreaks havoc further along the way down.

Thiamine supplementation corrected all of my digestive problems and healed my gut. My inflammation is gone. My joint pain is gone. I suspect that the leaky gut/endotoxin is what causes the inflammation in the pelvic region.

links for your consideration:
Elliot Overton has excellent videos about thiamine on his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ

I follow Dr. Costantini's protocol for high dose thiamine hcl. It saved my life. link: HDT Therapy Although I tried the TTFD thiamine that Elliot Overton and Dr. Lonsdale favor, I could not tolerate it; I got a really bad headache, which was caused, I think, by my low glutathione level.

For added context I also have scoliosis which was corrected by spinal fusion. I think this has made my lower back sensitive to all the inflammation from my gut.
See the connection between scoliosis and thiamine deficiency above.

stressless

The gut <> spinal fusion link is interesting. I also had my spine fused, but never put this together but do seem to suffer from gut issues. Could you go into a bit more detail? Do you think the strain on the nervous system affects the gut and its ability to work properly/heal?

mostlylurking

Do you think the strain on the nervous system affects the gut and its ability to work properly/heal?
Stress on the body uses up the available thiamine. Or thiamine function is blocked by pharmaceutical drugs or something else or there is a genetic need for additional thiamine in order for enzymes that are required for the Krebs cycle to work and it isn't available. Thiamine deficiency or thiamine functional blockage damages both the nervous system and the gut itself. Without thiamine, the body cannot heal itself because without thiamine the mitochondria cannot make ATP.

OP
H

Hypermnesia

The gut <> spinal fusion link is interesting. I also had my spine fused, but never put this together but do seem to suffer from gut issues. Could you go into a bit more detail? Do you think the strain on the nervous system affects the gut and its ability to work properly/heal?
Yeah no problem. My digestive issues never seemed to cause back issues but I always had constipation since I was an infant after getting the MMR vaccine and I was perfectly healthy beforehand. Then when I was 10 scoliosis started to develop and after puberty all my digestive issues pretty much dissappeared completley but then I stupidly let doctors hammer my gut with antibiotics and then got food poisoning and then took nettle root for my hairloss then things got worse than ever. Lost 55 pounds black tarry stool sometimes blood bloating you get the picture. My fusion held up great until couple years into my digestive issues and then weirdly anything that flared up my gut would cause horrible pain shooting down my legs. Before I started drinking kefir tons of starchy or high fiber foods would cause this to happen especially oatmeal is the worst offender and I still don't eat it. Right now I can eat almost anything I want with no negative effects other than some bloating and my gut has been healing but anytime I have to touch any laxative which I only use pretty gentle ones it can easily cause the sciatica to flare up and any remotley intense exercise still can flare it up too. Sometimes I literally can feel the discs right below my fusion being in pain during the flare up. I'm not sure if the fusion itself is impairing my gut function as it actually improved dramatically 2 years afterwards but when I did physical therapy and acupuncture they did say my muscles in that area were still in really tense like they were in a state of injury even many years later.

OP
H

Hypermnesia

Here is a simple exercise that works wonders!

Thanks I will try that tonight!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals