Left rib/ spleen pain return after take out food.

leeteeh

If you have seen my other posts you’ve noticed I’ve been having issues with left rib/ chest pain in the upper left quadrant/spleen area.
After feeling no pain for a couple of weeks and generally better in general with better sleep and less dreaming I had a busy day and me and my partner decided to order what I thought was a safe food take out option, Caribbean beef and rice basically. The day after the pain was there instantly and it’s now stayed along with bad sleep again.
Could this be the direct cause, something like poor food hygiene from the take out causing a larger bacterial load and stressing the stomach or spleen? Or the low quality food/bacteria causing inflammation causing flare in rib pain. I’m just assuming as I’ve had this meal multiple times when I was experiencing the pain for months and it’s the only thing that changed that day and it came back within the night there has to be some sort of connection.
Any ideas? You think my assumptions could be accurate?

If you have seen my other posts you’ve noticed I’ve been having issues with left rib/ chest pain in the upper left quadrant/spleen area.
After feeling no pain for a couple of weeks and generally better in general with better sleep and less dreaming I had a busy day and me and my partner decided to order what I thought was a safe food take out option, Caribbean beef and rice basically. The day after the pain was there instantly and it’s now stayed along with bad sleep again.
Could this be the direct cause, something like poor food hygiene from the take out causing a larger bacterial load and stressing the stomach or spleen? Or the low quality food/bacteria causing inflammation causing flare in rib pain. I’m just assuming as I’ve had this meal multiple times when I was experiencing the pain for months and it’s the only thing that changed that day and it came back within the night there has to be some sort of connection.
Any ideas? You think my assumptions could be accurate?
I use to deal with that debilitating side-stitch spleen pain. It came on when I would eat to much PUFA oils. I was toxic already with PUFA, but eating out would trigger it, like a Monte Python “one thin mint” moment. I stopped having those episodes when I discovered Ray Peat and changed my ways. When one of those episodes would come on I could not even take a breath without crushing pain in my ribs that radiated up to my shoulder. My remedy was pretty instant, and it was fresh onion juice. I would blend fresh onion and water, strain it and drink it down quick. I don’t know the mechanism for why it was a recommended remedy, on the internet, but it works. I will have to expire that. I had forgotten about my my spleen days until now.

OP
L

leeteeh

I use to deal with that debilitating side-stitch spleen pain. It came on when I would eat to much PUFA oils. I was toxic already with PUFA, but eating out would trigger it, like a Monte Python “one thin mint” moment. I stopped having those episodes when I discovered Ray Peat and changed my ways. When one of those episodes would come on I could not even take a breath without crushing pain in my ribs that radiated up to my shoulder. My remedy was pretty instant, and it was fresh onion juice. I would blend fresh onion and water, strain it and drink it down quick. I don’t know the mechanism for why it was a recommended remedy, on the internet, but it works. I will have to expire that. I had forgotten about my my spleen days until now.
That’s very interesting. With it being a Caribbean chain I’d imagine they’d use oil that isn’t quality or low PUFA. I usually don’t eat out often at all and if I do I’d choose low PUFA foods but I remembered one time some months back with the pain was almost non existent the same type of food triggered it the same day. Any idea the mechanism of PUFA specifically to spleen? I wasn’t sure if it’s spleen or rib inflammation but I’d assume both would be from some kind of endotoxin affecting spleen or inflammation in general affecting then ribs.
I actually solved the issue within 1/2 hours by taking some charcoal. I took about 1/16th/1/8th or a teaspoon a tiny amount with some money and took some more an hour later and haven’t felt the pain since, before that it had been constant and very severe for two days straight.

I’m interested in that onion juice drink I’ve already seen that mentioned years ago in other groups for things like gut health, fungus and candidas issues I wonder if it reduced endotoxin or if it helped liver in some way. I see conflicting evidence of people being all for onion and garlic for antibiotic properties or being fully against them saying they are toxic especially raw. Confusing as most things lol. Thanks for the response !

That’s very interesting. With it being a Caribbean chain I’d imagine they’d use oil that isn’t quality or low PUFA. I usually don’t eat out often at all and if I do I’d choose low PUFA foods but I remembered one time some months back with the pain was almost non existent the same type of food triggered it the same day. Any idea the mechanism of PUFA specifically to spleen? I wasn’t sure if it’s spleen or rib inflammation but I’d assume both would be from some kind of endotoxin affecting spleen or inflammation in general affecting then ribs.
I actually solved the issue within 1/2 hours by taking some charcoal. I took about 1/16th/1/8th or a teaspoon a tiny amount with some money and took some more an hour later and haven’t felt the pain since, before that it had been constant and very severe for two days straight.

I’m interested in that onion juice drink I’ve already seen that mentioned years ago in other groups for things like gut health, fungus and candidas issues I wonder if it reduced endotoxin or if it helped liver in some way. I see conflicting evidence of people being all for onion and garlic for antibiotic properties or being fully against them saying they are toxic especially raw. Confusing as most things lol. Thanks for the response !
An enlarged spleen is dangerous, if it ruptures a person is pretty much dead. I think it is caused from either toxin overload or blockages. At the time when I was having spleen trouble I was alternately having liver, gall bladder and pancreas pain, and passed stones in all of my organs. My remedy was to cut out my calcium supplements, up my milk intake and cut out my PUFA’s and I never had any of those problems again.

OP
L

leeteeh

An enlarged spleen is dangerous, if it ruptures a person is pretty much dead. I think it is caused from either toxin overload or blockages. At the time when I was having spleen trouble I was alternately having liver, gall bladder and pancreas pain, and passed stones in all of my organs. My remedy was to cut out my calcium supplements, up my milk intake and cut out my PUFA’s and I never had any of those problems again.
I’m not sure if it’s spleen im just assuming as it’s on my lower left ribs/ beside and beside my chest so I’d assume it’s spleen if not the actual ribs. I’ve had bloods that came back normal but I’ve demanded an ultrasound of spleen. And drs already ordered a ultrasound of liver due to high liver enzymes for years now.

Was your spleen actually having issues or was this your assumption ?

I’m not sure if it’s spleen im just assuming as it’s on my lower left ribs/ beside and beside my chest so I’d assume it’s spleen if not the actual ribs. I’ve had bloods that came back normal but I’ve demanded an ultrasound of spleen. And drs already ordered a ultrasound of liver due to high liver enzymes for years now.

Was your spleen actually having issues or was this your assumption ?
Yeah it was my spleen, as I was having multiple organ issues from stones. I could tell it was spleen because it would give me that excruciating radiating side stitch pain. When I had an attack, on only two occasions within a month, I couldn’t take even the slightest breath without enormous pain. Both times I drank the onion juice and it all went away within ten minutes. Rib pain would not have done that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals