Female Issues After Pregnancy. Enlarged Spleen. Inflammation

Thirtyhope

This is my first post on virtually any forum but because I’m desperate, here goes.
(I duplicated this here as I posted in the ‘weight’ forum beforehand kinda by accident as I think ‘female issues’ is a better category for my issues, as they mostly occurred after pregnancy, so sorry about that!)

I have been on and off a low carb diet for a couple of years, starting when I went moderately low carb while pregnant to try and counter the possibility of preeclampsia which was scary & occurred with my first child. I thought this was to do with malnutrition and at the time I thought malnutrition came from the fact that during that pregnancy although I ate varied and took supplements I probably scoffed way too much white bread/ pasta/ cake etc.

Ok, well the pregnancy I was worrying about went well, phew, and looking back I was still eating plenty salts, fruits and other things but lower sugar, starch, and I managed to lose weight slowly fine etc, over two years although I had bad autoimmune inflammatory problems for first time ever, 6 months after the birth. I became incredibly stiff over the space of a fortnight (out of nowhere?!) and had intense pain in my major limbs.
Didn’t connect it to how I was eating, just thought it must be the ‘right way’ because I was stuck on ‘science’ I had read in books about how starches and sugars were unnecessary etc. Daft, I suppose!
Well as for the low carb, I was convinced I was eating more veggies etc this way, less ‘rubbish’ but i’d never be able to stay on it long enough and crave either basic carbs or stupid amounts of sugar.

Eventually I added normal things back into my diet after another inflammatory bout post pregnancy where I was in so much fatigue that I just didn’t eat full stop. I barely had one small meal a day, and lost so much weight that my muscle and breast tissue just disappeared.. that really frightened me, so I stuffed my face with anything at that point, so all ideas of any ‘diet’ left at that point because I needed to care for my family and I had no energy or strength to do anything. I had to use two hands to lift stuff that would normally be lifted easily without thinking.

That’s when I had gallbladder issues that were more painful than childbirth had been and I knew I finally needed to submit to the Drs.. I had previously avoided mainstream Drs apart from when I had initially encountered so much weird ‘unexplained inflammation’ but they only offered me an array of drugs, including chemotherapy drugs.. weird. I hardly wanted to go down that path! Anyway, the gallbladder issues I solved myself through upping my ‘good fat’ intake, i’d always been a fan of butter and gelatin etc, so it was the opposite to the low fat diet that the Drs recommended to keep gallbladder issues at bay. It was when I went to the Dr for a scan, however, that they discovered an enlarged spleen.
This is the main thing that’s been bothering me ever since.

I am now overweight by about 30lbs unintentionally, and can’t lose weight, and feel utterly confused.
I am wondering if maybe my enlarged spleen is preventing me from losing weight, or the fact that I still have a degree of chronic inflammation (although it’s better now that it has been in the past I still feel very puffy, sometimes stiff too) hindering me.

My hubby came upon Ray Peat as an ‘interesting alternative’ to the low carb business as both of us were resigned by this point to believing that there was no way a low carb diet was normal or healthy, at least in the long term. I am enjoying the coffee and orange juice thing that he recommends, I also find that I can have strong, black coffee (I add milk) no problem if I add some honey or sugar, so no headaches. I am hoping that something will be stimulated in a positive way and have watched a good few of R.Peat’s video talks online. I am also taking d- limonene now, as it is from cold-pressed orange peel extract, as I found making my own marmalade too tedious and wasn’t sure of the shop brands, but I am still a bit unsure of my path to health..

I also visited an alternative health therapist who opened me up to the idea that maybe I had damaged my system by low-carbing. Prior to my first pregnancy, where most of my issues seem to have started from, I was very slim and active, maybe some underlying things but I at least had a fast metabolism. Maybe I am now Estrogen dominant or my thyroid is broken or something, I’m at a loss as to where to turn for expert advice anyway.

Now I am stuck not just feeling awful because I am overweight and can’t seem to shift it, but because my spleen aches and i feel much older than my mid thirties in many ways. I’m hesitant to go see the Dr again because I know they can’t really ‘do’ anything for me, yet I know there is a problem.
If Ray Peat is right, how do I stop myself from just piling on the pounds by adding sugar and more fruit/ dairy back in to my diet?

I am trying to keep PUFAs to an all time low, although I rarely eat any anyway. I cook healthy ‘varied’ meals using only butter or coconut oil and yet I can’t shift this large belly/ waist down fatty area, so I’m wondering if I should drastically cut back on food amounts but then all I think about is food and watch my family eat while feeling crabby myself. Ha ha! I don’t want to be constantly hungry, and yet I don’t feel very hopeful because I no longer know what advice to take, and feel ‘tricked’ by various diets with their ideas in the past.
I’m sure people can relate but I feel very deflated in heart, I’ve read so much conflicting advice, and most of what makes sense now, again, is not exactly mainstream! I spent years avoiding sugar, for example, so how come it is suddenly somewhat beneficial? Wow..

My main concern is my spleen, so maybe the sugar is actually bad for that, who knows. Utterly confused and a bit afraid to be hopeful actually.

Anyone had any relatable experiences?
Anyone know how to deal with an enlarged spleen or loads of belly/ thigh fat that they previously couldn’t shift?
Anyone seen clear, positive changes from implementing R.Peat’s advice?
Anyone have any clue as to what the hell might have happened to me, or have any similar experiences?

I am not going to go into exercise, one- because anyone with common sense knows that it is healthy to be active, & two- I’ve learnt that it can be dangerous and counterproductive to push yourself too far, and each of us have individual amounts that we can manage, based on our life situations, so just go with me here and presume I am as active as I can be.

Cheers.
Very grateful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals