Nobody Will Think I’m Nuts Around Here

morgan#1

symptoms (why I went to the dreaded doctor):

For about 2 months I’ve had a nerve problem, but it’s cyclical. It’s a right hand numbing and then pain, middle of the night. When I shake it off and get some circulation going I can fall back asleep. I went to Dr. Siller, older female who needs to shave her moustache, three days ago. I told her the pain after numbing hand had decreased and I thought the numbing was getting better. Right now I’m on day 8 after my period. And the numbing and pain (inflammation) are back full force. I told her as an aside that I’m eating well (around 2,800-3,000 cals), and she remarked oh that’s a lot of food. She knows that I’m 5 yrs recovered from an ED. And I was telling her that I have 0 appetite. And she said it’s because you’re eating so much. I do kind of see where she’s coming from. I tried to let my appetite return, fasting until 4-5pm but no appetite. And I think that might have to do with high serotonin. But I can’t stop eating, I’m thin and I don’t want to mess things up more. Anyway I’m not asking for food advice (120g protein, 450-600 carbs, 15-20%fat). Lower fat especially because my gallbladder is out. Maybe increasing my fat would regenerate my hormones. I go poop two or three times. Physically I am toned, not losing any muscle mass, my temps are 98.2 when I wake up. A year ago my temp waking would be 97.5 and wouldn’t make it past 98.

I just stopped thyroid. Because before I took any supplement my TSH was .8 and three days ago it was .03. My right eyebrow is filled out. (skin bouncing back, hair is fine, fingernails most days they’re not flimsy). Also my testosterone a year ago was 8 (range 8-?) so in range. Three days ago it was below 3. I have not been going to the gym lifting as much. But 3 (range low is 8). And the mustached woman said my testosterone was fine. My non-doctorate mind says that’s low. Could the thyroid have suppressed other steroids? It being .03

Eyesight is blurry, last year for a week it was clear and my foggy thinking was gone. Could remember things, efficient. I think now my Krebs cycle is malfunctioning, I don’t understand why it was revving a year ago, and then stopped. I eat I’m just not getting the energy. But I’m not gaining weight, and I’m not losing. Close to 3k is good for my body, but where’s the energy from that much food?

A year ago I really felt that I was getting so much better. And I assumed things would be golden from there. Even though my hands and feet are not freezing, my temps are good. I don’t understand what happened to me. I go to the gym 3 days a week, mostly lifting. Lately I’ve been doing cardio at the end. Maybe I should just do lifting. It’s hard though, I really love cardio.

Anyway, my puzzlement is:
Maybe my hormones are stuck, maybe I should be eating more sat fat. My cholesterol has always been high.
I think the hand numbing is a pinched nerve from gym-work, and I’m going to a PT. But there is also right ankle pain in the am. Google stuff would have me believe that the bone pain and such would have to do with too little estrogen. When I first started, a little close to 2 years ago, I had very low blood estrogen. And I’ve done everything right, I am an A student in reducing estrogens. I am taking progesterone, maybe not enough. I just quadrupled it. I took around 200+ last night. I wasn’t tired, got a ok nights sleep (with the exception of waking up with numbing and pain around 4). And I’m good to go today, not overly lethargic as a result of taking so much progesterone. Actually I woke up early, around 8. But I still was grey. I used to be very optimistic. I’ve heard that supplementing vitamin A is important for proper estrogen.
I just want someone with some objective insight to clue me in.

B12 is high, and it’s been high for maybe 5 or so years. I’ve heard Ray say that that’s endotoxins or something.

I’ve just had breakfast (juice, 2 eggs, butter, a roll, gelatin, coffee w/milk sugar, yogurt, mango, banana) and my temp is 98.7. Hopefully the temps stay up when the thyroid supplement is completely gone from my body.

Please help me raise my hormones, especially testosterone. Help with the Krebs disaster. Odd that externally everything is so good. But I feel like ***t, and I have no sex drive. Maybe a week ago, I was extremely horny in the am, but that’s it. Probably low testosterone. No energy, I’ve got to figure this out, come so far.
ThNks

Last edited:

Lilac

It is the end of February, so winter could be taking its toll. Once the weather breaks, more sun, more time outdoors might help.

I am in my late 50s and have been vexed with a numb hand at night for a couple of years. An injury from snow shoveling and ice chopping was the onset. I rehabilitated myself but then reinjured with a garden-digging injury. I looked up numbness in hands once, and it was said to be common. I think the wrists and delicate bones in the hand are simply vulnerable. What I eat at night can affect the numbness. Ray recommends salt, but I have found eating pickles before bed results in numbness. Maybe too much salt in that case. I think this kind of injury can take a long time to heal.

Good luck.

InChristAlone

Do you take any other supplements? Do you have a history of accutane use?

T

tca300

I get numbness when eating things that encourage endotoxin overload. Part of the issue is I think from nitric oxide elevating from gut irritation. Estrogen I think can also increase nitric oxide. Limiting my diet to foods that I personally digest well, and keeping fibers absent, keeps my numbness away.

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

Thanks for responding Lilac and Janelle. I do take supplements, and the doc did run a b6 lab, haven’t gotten results back.

tca,
I think you’re on to something. I’ve had a ton of issues resulting from endotoxins since my bulimia started. Thinking about it physiologically it must be strange on the system, With the ED 4K going in the stomach, and not much coming out the other end. And the bile and whatnot breaking it down. And then the gut-brain connection.
My having bread this morning was the first time in at least a month. I’ve eliminated bread. I haven’t had that in a long time. My elimination is very good, maybe too good. So I’m going to the gym today, and I was wanting sustained energy. I’ve just having a lot of blood sugar issues, and I thought I would experiment. I’m just sick of eating all the time. I want sustained energy, and I thought that would come with bread.
I have the NO strips, if they’re really accurate. And they say I have plenty of it. I know the things to do to decrease it. And that was my thing a last year I was convinced I have too much NO and serotonin. I wonder if NO and serotonin would mess with the hormonal decrease like that.
I’ve only experienced numbness for the past 2 months and it’s cyclical it seems, so I’m in the middle of my cycle. So estrogen would be high for me. I’m just wondering why I’m not putting out hormones, my TSH has always been below 1. My hormones have always been at the low end of things. I guess the ed (no food) and now tons of food, my body is just getting adjusted to that. I have done everything that I know to try and help myself. My anxiety is through the roof; it’s hard now to communicate with people, especially doctors. This has only been for the past year. When I started with Peat it wasn’t this way. I think I need to keep my diet simple, I just need to fill it with 3,000 cals of good, hormone producing foods. I’ve got to figure all that out. Maybe a lot of milk, oj, and ??? (Liquids don’t affect me anymore. ) I just want to get this solved. I’d eat sandpaper if I knew it would help me

Thanks guys

InChristAlone

Thanks for responding Lilac and Janelle. I do take supplements, and the doc did run a b6 lab, haven’t gotten results back.

tca,
I think you’re on to something. I’ve had a ton of issues resulting from endotoxins since my bulimia started. Thinking about it physiologically it must be strange on the system, With the ED 4K going in the stomach, and not much coming out the other end. And the bile and whatnot breaking it down. And then the gut-brain connection.
My having bread this morning was the first time in at least a month. I’ve eliminated bread. I haven’t had that in a long time. My elimination is very good, maybe too good. So I’m going to the gym today, and I was wanting sustained energy. I’ve just having a lot of blood sugar issues, and I thought I would experiment. I’m just sick of eating all the time. I want sustained energy, and I thought that would come with bread.
I have the NO strips, if they’re really accurate. And they say I have plenty of it. I know the things to do to decrease it. And that was my thing a last year I was convinced I have too much NO and serotonin. I wonder if NO and serotonin would mess with the hormonal decrease like that.
I’ve only experienced numbness for the past 2 months and it’s cyclical it seems, so I’m in the middle of my cycle. So estrogen would be high for me. I’m just wondering why I’m not putting out hormones, my TSH has always been below 1. My hormones have always been at the low end of things. I guess the ed (no food) and now tons of food, my body is just getting adjusted to that. I have done everything that I know to try and help myself. My anxiety is through the roof; it’s hard now to communicate with people, especially doctors. This has only been for the past year. When I started with Peat it wasn’t this way. I think I need to keep my diet simple, I just need to fill it with 3,000 cals of good, hormone producing foods. I’ve got to figure all that out. Maybe a lot of milk, oj, and ??? (Liquids don’t affect me anymore. ) I just want to get this solved. I’d eat sandpaper if I knew it would help me

Thanks guys
If your anxiety got worse on Peat I would take that seriously and figure out why. Milk would give me anxiety so I dropped milk and now I just eat normal meals, no special milk and OJ diet. I think OJ can cause a lot of anxiety for people as well. If you started eating a lot more vitamin A that can also cause anxiety and other problems.

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

Part of it Janelle is that this society makes me overly anxious. When I had the ED that made it so much better. I remember when I was in an ED group in LA I went out to Starbucks to have coffee with some people in the group and I was so anxious. I kept it inside, because I knew when this coffee thing was over I had the food in my apt. So it held it at bay. When I first started with Peat I had just come out of the EDisorder, and I was so hopeful, like a kid. Wanting things that weren’t there in this society’s limitations. Now I feel like I’ve gotten the hang of this weird world. Some people say that when you start your addiction, that’s the age you’ll be when you recover. So basically I’m a kid, doesn’t work so well when people are seeing you as an adult.

And vitamin A, I go on and off of that supplement. I think stress and being a loner are tough. I used to travel all over, and now I just think too much. At least I’m aware. For me one of the issues is that I’m not good at small talk. I value the things you’re saying. I’ve cut back on milk and at a different time oj, and I don’t think made any difference. I’m not sure. I think the anxiety is in my head, and if I quell my thinking into corners I can’t get out of, that would help. Thanks for your input , appreciate it a lot

Forsythia

How is your Vitamin D level? Whenever I hear someone say they have problems with their hands (and feet), I think of either Vitamin D or B12. Since you said your B12 levels are fine, I wonder about your D level. Whenever my D or B12 levels get low, I get burning hot hands and feet. I know that is not the same as your numb hands symptom, but we each experience deficiencies a little different. So, again, how is you Vitamin D level?

InChristAlone

Part of it Janelle is that this society makes me overly anxious. When I had the ED that made it so much better. I remember when I was in an ED group in LA I went out to Starbucks to have coffee with some people in the group and I was so anxious. I kept it inside, because I knew when this coffee thing was over I had the food in my apt. So it held it at bay. When I first started with Peat I had just come out of the EDisorder, and I was so hopeful, like a kid. Wanting things that weren’t there in this society’s limitations. Now I feel like I’ve gotten the hang of this weird world. Some people say that when you start your addiction, that’s the age you’ll be when you recover. So basically I’m a kid, doesn’t work so well when people are seeing you as an adult.

And vitamin A, I go on and off of that supplement. I think stress and being a loner are tough. I used to travel all over, and now I just think too much. At least I’m aware. For me one of the issues is that I’m not good at small talk. I value the things you’re saying. I’ve cut back on milk and at a different time oj, and I don’t think made any difference. I’m not sure. I think the anxiety is in my head, and if I quell my thinking into corners I can’t get out of, that would help. Thanks for your input , appreciate it a lot
Yes an ED is basically an anxiety disorder. To control the anxiety you control your food intake. So getting out of that is pretty huge. I'm not good at small talk either. Is anyone though? They do it to make friends, but I suspect it's annoying for most people. I had a severe anxiety disorder, didn't leave the house for over a month a few yrs ago. I got better through pushing myself even when I was anxious. To re-wire the brain. I now go anywhere I want without anxiety. Only excitement. I even flew by myself. I did have to play affirmations towards the end of the trip though. Part of my recovery included taking vitamin C because I think I had inflammation in my brain. I also did somatic experiencing.

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

Hi Forsythia, my D levels are midrange 50ish (a year ago). Also, my iron and my sodium levels are good. Not that you asked but those were somethings I thought of when my hand was numbing.

Yeah Janelle, it’s frustrating because “we” don’t like certain elements of this society; but we created it. I’m slowly altering my brain cells, and trying to live in peace in this depressing society. Rich poor goals no goals ambition lack of ambition really doesn’t matter. It’s the peace that I hold within and someone can see it, that should spark something in them. Someone is happy because they got that promotion or they got that Porsche, but that is fleeting. I’m trying to look deeply into myself. And it’s hard trying to be compassionate towards myself. I think that’s where the truth is. I have to not be so hard on myself and let life take over.

I have lived in 8-9 places east west coast in this country. I’ve also lived in Paris and San Miguel, MX. So I’m not averse to traveling, lol. I do agree with a lot of what you’ve said, but I’m in an odd place now, and I’ve got to see that this is the way my life should be, and not force it. I’m very aware. Thanks for your input

Cirion

There are some hints in your post but as such I can only make a few guesses, don't take any of these to mean this is what is going on, just throwing some thoughts out

- When I have no appetite but also no energy, it means I have an energy crisis and typically I need more carbs/calories, even if it seems I have already had high caloric intake that day. Your macro breakdown is fairly similar to mine though and looks pretty decent as long as its low PUFA which I assume it is since you've been around here.. Generally I feel best once I have reached "Uncoupling" status which is when I start to feel hot and sweaty, energetic & 99+F temperatures.

- I tend to eat 5000+ calories a day even when sedentary. Going to the gym would mean I need even more. Granted I am in recovery, so this tends to increase my caloric needs, and I am a male, so take that for what its worth.

- Personally, I have a history of VERY easily over-training. Right now, my energy levels are so poor that if I even just do one moderate weight training session, it will negatively impact my hormones for days (less energy, more moody, ETC)

- I came to realize I really need to get more serious about other Peaty aspects like low PUFA and moderate to high gelatin intake (if you aren't already)

- CO2 levels may be poor (all but sure they are for me) this helps regulate everything from energy to sleep quality

- For what it's worth, I seem to be doing a bit better as I remove, not add, more supplements. I am down to almost no supplements. Have learned the hard way that you can easily make things worse with more supplements (Yes, even thyroid). Be careful about Vitamin A supplementation in particular. There is a huge thread on Vitamin A toxicity going around, and it seems easy to get Vitamin A toxic especially when supplementing it.

- TSH seems ultra low. Lowering TSH seems to be popular around this community, though I am not sure why (Ray says it should be ultra low, but it doesn't seem consistent with health around here). I have seen many posters here with "abnormally" low TSH like your 0.03 that feel bad. Not sure what is causing it, but if you are thin and eat a lot, perhaps it could be worth getting tested for a hot thyroid nodule? Just a random thought.

Last edited:
OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

Thanks Hugh, I’ve looked at that. I’ve worked really hard at getting my temp up and I don’t think I have that to deal with right now, but who knows tomorrow I might need that reset...

Cirion/ thanks for reading so closely my original post. I have brought my calories up to around 4 k , it was pretty insane. My muscles got huge, I wish I could let these younger guys know that the more they eat, assuming they go to the gym and lift, it totally benefits them. Some guys are eating what I’m eating. I’m 5’4” 118-120. And my weight is stable, only go to the gym 3 days.

You’re so right in increasing your calories. I heard you say you’re recovering from low-carb? I should remind myself that inside my body needs more initially to repair itself. And I won’t have to worry about eating every 3-4 hours in the future.

My CO2 levels were on the higher range.

My thyroid was normal at .8 before I started with the thyroid and such. I’m pretty gullible, I just thought that hands feet cold temp low=hypothyroid. I should have realized that I was eating 1,000 calories and working out like a mad woman! So I’ve given up the thyroid supplement. Hopefully my temps stay up. I’m not thin, I’m pretty proportionate, I have very little fat, I guess that’s what I meant by thin.

Thanks so much for your reply, given me a lot to think on

Cirion

Thanks Hugh, I’ve looked at that. I’ve worked really hard at getting my temp up and I don’t think I have that to deal with right now, but who knows tomorrow I might need that reset...

Cirion/ thanks for reading so closely my original post. I have brought my calories up to around 4 k , it was pretty insane. My muscles got huge, I wish I could let these younger guys know that the more they eat, assuming they go to the gym and lift, it totally benefits them. Some guys are eating what I’m eating. I’m 5’4” 118-120. And my weight is stable, only go to the gym 3 days.

You’re so right in increasing your calories. I heard you say you’re recovering from low-carb? I should remind myself that inside my body needs more initially to repair itself. And I won’t have to worry about eating every 3-4 hours in the future.

My CO2 levels were on the higher range.

My thyroid was normal at .8 before I started with the thyroid and such. I’m pretty gullible, I just thought that hands feet cold temp low=hypothyroid. I should have realized that I was eating 1,000 calories and working out like a mad woman! So I’ve given up the thyroid supplement. Hopefully my temps stay up. I’m not thin, I’m pretty proportionate, I have very little fat, I guess that’s what I meant by thin.

Thanks so much for your reply, given me a lot to think on

No problem hope it helps. I don't have all the answers yet but everyday I seemingly get closer and hopefully one day I'll "get it" LOL or at least get to where I finally have the quality of life that I crave.

Wow! 4000 is a lot for a female of your size. That's incredible lol. But I am not actually surprised honestly. People seem to think eating more = get fat, but often times the reverse seems true, at least in a healthy metabolism.

I think I need to boost my calories even more honestly. I have had a day where I ate 6,500 calories (While sedentary, mind you!) and actually had pretty decent sleep. I might need upwards of 7-8,000 a day or even more if I weight lifted with any intensity. That is pretty freaking insane when you think about it lol. Now I do think energy efficiency is a thing, and someone with a perfect metabolism may not need as much (I know of a couple forum members here in good health that can eat in the 3000-4000 range and be fine, even while lifting weights).

Yeah I think only people with legitimate thyroid issues necessarily need to take thyroid, or in extreme circumstances like cancer patients (like Nathan Hatch used in cancer recovery).

You are lucky though... I'm just plain fat LOL but I am hoping that it will eventually come off as things get fixed. I am actually almost finally weight stable despite my 5000-6000 calories a day, although at a heavier weight than I'd like, still getting weight stable on high calories is a decent accomplishment.

mangoes

B12 is high? What was the number? Could be bacterial overgrowth like Ray mentioned or something else. I know b12 deficiency can cause nerve problems, not sure about too much of it though. IIRC, I think there’s a possibility that high b12 can present with similar symptoms to a deficiency.

Have you had your liver and kidneys checked? Do you eat a lot of high b12 foods or take supplements that could account for it being high?

Last edited:
OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

B12 is high? What was the number? Could be bacterial overgrowth like Ray mentioned or something else. I know b12 deficiency can cause nerve problems, not sure about too much of it though.

Have you had your liver and kidneys checked? Do you eat a lot of high b12 foods or take supplements that could account for it being high?
Hi. Liver and kidneys are fine/in range. In reference to the B12, I take maybe every third day one of the “two a day” capsules life extension brand. It does have methylcobalimin/b12. I made sure not to take any the day I went. Also my B12 has been high in the past. Also my MCV has been higher than the norm for about 6 yrs. I was worried and wondering, but no doctor was. Now, as a result of my diet it’s back in range.

The doctor mentioned my B12 being high, and she says it’s just because of the supplement. I hadn’t taken any for about 24 hours. I don’t know how long it stays in system, but B’s you pee them out I would think fast. I knew about Ray’s views of high B12. I think that reassures me that something is wrong inside. I don’t think the mustached woman wants to hear any of rays views. Most of the doctors I’ve seen look so horrible. My sister, a nurse practitioner, drinks a couple bottles of wine each day; but she’s got a Mercedes and a truck. I miss her. She’s almost made it. Yippee. As an aside she tried to give me antibiotics for my viral pink eye, she called them in. I made up an excuse to why I wasn’t taking them. It was viral, you can’t give antibiotics to viral. It would have to be bacterial. And she went to Yale. And I just care about my health, reading shi# on internet. But I don’t have a Mercedes and I don’t get paid the big bucks

I’ve had benign breast cysts, and I’ve had my gallbladder out. I believe these are a sign of estrogen reigning. This was before I started taking progesterone.

My rat has been taking Lapodin and it looks like he’s in heaven; mellowed out, not tired just looks happy. I wonder what the issue is for my rat; high cortisol or estrogen or ? If anyone knows this, I’d love to know.

Thanks for responding amaranthine

Last edited:
OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

What are they at with reference ranges included if you don't mind me asking.
Hey marcar

Sodium 138 mmol/L (range is 136-145)
Iron is 61 (range 37-158)
Binding is 349 ( range is 220-460)
Uibc is 288 (range is 112-346)

My sodium has come up. I’ve been adding salt to everything. A year ago it was low.

Thanks

mangoes

@morgan#1

No problem. That’s funny my MCV has been too large in the past, and I’ve suffered b12 deficiency/malabsorption.

The supplement could definitely be altering your level. Doctor moustache is right on that lol. I’m not sure on the exact half life off the top of my head, esp in regards to supplements. I think with the injections its about 36hours (don’t quote me on that).

If the level has returned to normal and within range though I wouldn’t give it too much worry.