Mysterious health issues/symptoms. Desperate for answers

leeteeh

Sorry for the length of this but I’m really struggling and desperate

Looking for some answers on some health issues I’ve been having.

Been off work a couple of months now due •extreme fatigue

•weakness/dizziness due to fatigue and feeling slightly disoriented in general with all the combined symptoms

•Almost no appetite

•Stomach bloating and pressure

•irregular stools in terms of size and amount and a lot of what seems to be mucus/slime

•Sleeping 12/15 hours with so much dreaming

•Breathlessness maybe due to bloating unable to take deeper breaths

•Chest pain(more so left lower rib/ upper quadrant then heart) (had all heart scans and showed nothing but a very slight systolic murmur)

•in the last week or two what feel like kidney pain, lower left back, worse at night.
This started to get bad about 2 months ago the chest pain (1/2inches left of my left nipple, which has since gotten lower more so 2/3inches below my left nipple) it came on again for a few days and one night it was so bad and painful with shortness of breath I was considering calling an ambulance, in a state of panic I chewed 2 aspirin 30 minutes apart and within 1/2 hours the pain had reduced 50% and I was able to fall asleep sat up
I’ve had the chest pain on and off for over a year. I’ve had multiple tests for inflammation, blood count, liver function and soo much more and all comes back within range.

Other things that may or may not be related is hair falling how body and head alot within the last 1/2 year and spinal pain, stiffness and cracking which had been worse also, rheumatoid factor and other inflammatory tests showed nothing and I’m waiting on MRI results on full spine and pelvis.
Over the last year I’d lost all appetite for most meats and partly eggs. I used to love eating 6 or more eggs daily, chicken and beef but I just felt like I couldn’t even finish a meal, now it’s maybe a few eggs every few days and a little chicken but not red meat and I don’t crave it and struggle to finish the meals unlike before.
Due to that I almost started living on solely milk, cheese, ice cream, OJ, honey, pineapple, potatoes(which I think made my bloat so much worse I’m not sure due to inconsistency)
I started to think what if the hair falling out is due to so little iron, before all of this I used to have loads of beef liver capsules, tried a copper supplement a couple times a week or a month, took lactoferrin for a month and a bit.

And then all the dairy ontop of that blocking or reducing the iron further.
Then I also thought what if it’s an issue with too much calcium as I was eating around 4000mg-5000mg of calcium a day for probably months with possibly 6mg iron at most, if any of that iron was even absorbed due to the high calcium and factors in dairy that block it. It made me think could the chest pain be an issue with calcium and heart? Or gut health / too much fats causing pancreas issues? Or too little iron causing hair loss and fatigue, I’ve already seen people write about milk alkali syndrome.

To be honest I have no clue what’s going on and I’m not sure what to eat as everything made me feel tired, bloated, increases the upper left quadrant pain and kidney pain, makes my breathing harder and I’m just stuck on what to do next. I want to be living again working again and able to function normally again. I have drs appointment in two days although they are useless and threw there hands up to say we have done tests and can’t find anything, suggestions on what to do next to possible things to check would be useful, I’m in the UK soy NHS gp drs aren’t great with digging deep and testing.
•I’m 28-5ft8 just over 190lb
•pulse from 70/90
•BP 120/75 -135/85
•temperature 37/37.3 Celsius
Things I’ve tried that either made me feel better for a day and then worse or just constantly make me feel worse are:
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
Vitamin b1 thiamine hcl
B vitamin complex (made me feel stressed)
Taurine
L-Theanine(better sleep but worse next day)
Glycine And creatine(almost instantly worse)
Methylene blue(better quickly but way worse the next day)
Oregano oil (stool mucus/slime was a lot more)

Things I had already and decided to try for a few days that made no difference and didn’t want to make things worse so stopped are:
Calcium d glucarate
Shilajit
Vitamin E

Really looking for some sense of direction with these issues if anyone has any ideas of possibilities. Thanks for taking the time.

Korven

I had all your symptoms (chest pain, extreme fatigue, zero appetite, bad digestion, stiff achy joints and back) and I think a lot of it was due to chronic gastritis/GERD from hell.

I never had really obvious signs and symptoms of GERD, like heartburn, so it was difficult for me to figure out. I had an "aha moment" when I took famotidine (H2 blocker) and the chest pain went away almost instantaneously. Haven't had any chest pain for months now, whereas before it was a daily occurrence.

Have you ever gotten tested for H pylori or gastritis/GERD? Just throwing it out there as your symptoms line up almost perfectly.

Honestly this condition is still a mystery to me but I am doing rather well on an extremely BLAND and restrictive diet (which means no gluten, no nightshades, no spicy foods, no peppers, no coffee, no alcohol, no onions/garlic, nothing exciting). Eating this way is kind of hard but much preferable to suffering symptoms of terrible GERD.

I did make a thread about how augmentin gave me my appetite back but that was a short-lived success. A few weeks later I had another flare-up from stress and "bad foods" and I lost my appetite again. I think H pylori will just repopulate your gut no matter how much antibiotics you take, so not sure if I would recommend that route any more.

Anyways, good luck brother

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
This really sounds like protozoa or some other parasite. A stool test like the GI-MAP would quickly tell you what to focus on. Some of these can infect the liver or gallbladder, so a bunch of liver flushes would also help when coupled with the gut healing protocol.

Jonk

I was in a similar situation as you. Also had a lot of facial flushing and anxiety. I still have the same problems, also back pain and fatigue, but today to a much lesser extent than before. High dose niacinamide can work but is easy to overdo, and still feels a bit like a band-aid solution.
My thought on the matter is simply that the intestines need healing, and this will take take time. In the mean time however I think that there's a lot you can do to almost immediately feel a lot better.

As I'm writing this I'm productive and live normally, and that became better when focusing on getting as much carbs as possible, skipping almost everything else. The protein from whatever carbs I'm eating - potatoes, rice, rice noodles, sourdough bread (ocassionally), some vegetables like broccoli. Only added fat is some coconut oil to the starches to limit "persorption".

Probably not a sustainable diet in the long run, and as I'm writing this I'm slowly trying to incorporate some beef liver and later maybe some seafood.

When focusing on solely carbs, almost immediately my stools improved, dark brown and a satisfying complete emptying.
Better sleep
Feeling calmer and more sociable
Got my appetite back!
Energy better but still not good

Don't know why but something with a meat and animal products heavy diet made me feel almost poisoned. Probably a lot of emotional and other stressors have made my digestion very weak and maybe permeable. Maybe it's high in excitatory amino acids, maybe it's some allergic reaction to the animal feed, or it's simply that I need a lot of calories from carbohydrates that my body can't eat both high carb high protein because of the limited capacity to digest foods of any kind.

This is only my own experience and perspective of course, but thought it might be worth sharing!

mostlylurking

Things I’ve tried that either made me feel better for a day and then worse or just constantly make me feel worse are:
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
Vitamin b1 thiamine hcl
How much thiamine hcl did you take? Did you take any magnesium too? Your symptoms point to possible thiamine deficiency + magnesium deficiency. Taking thiamine can make a magnesium deficiency worse.

Mohraya

I had all your symptoms (chest pain, extreme fatigue, zero appetite, bad digestion, stiff achy joints and back) and I think a lot of it was due to chronic gastritis/GERD from hell.

I never had really obvious signs and symptoms of GERD, like heartburn, so it was difficult for me to figure out. I had an "aha moment" when I took famotidine (H2 blocker) and the chest pain went away almost instantaneously. Haven't had any chest pain for months now, whereas before it was a daily occurrence.

Have you ever gotten tested for H pylori or gastritis/GERD? Just throwing it out there as your symptoms line up almost perfectly.

Honestly this condition is still a mystery to me but I am doing rather well on an extremely BLAND and restrictive diet (which means no gluten, no nightshades, no spicy foods, no peppers, no coffee, no alcohol, no onions/garlic, nothing exciting). Eating this way is kind of hard but much preferable to suffering symptoms of terrible GERD.

I did make a thread about how augmentin gave me my appetite back but that was a short-lived success. A few weeks later I had another flare-up from stress and "bad foods" and I lost my appetite again. I think H pylori will just repopulate your gut no matter how much antibiotics you take, so not sure if I would recommend that route any more.

Hi ! That's very interesting. I do struggle like the poster and I have treated twice h pylori with antibiocs and still awful ... I am so desperate. I struggle since having my gallbladder removed

OP
L

leeteeh

I have seen gerd pop up more than ones as a cause but I’m not sure honestly. Is there a way to check and confirm or is it just guessing and speculation ?
I definitely already keep it in mind as a possibility

OP
L

leeteeh

This really sounds like protozoa or some other parasite. A stool test like the GI-MAP would quickly tell you what to focus on. Some of these can infect the liver or gallbladder, so a bunch of liver flushes would also help when coupled with the gut healing protocol.
I think it could be parasite and bacteria related for sure or at least part of the problem. Is the GI-Map the best type for these gut issues?

OP
L

leeteeh

I was in a similar situation as you. Also had a lot of facial flushing and anxiety. I still have the same problems, also back pain and fatigue, but today to a much lesser extent than before. High dose niacinamide can work but is easy to overdo, and still feels a bit like a band-aid solution.
My thought on the matter is simply that the intestines need healing, and this will take take time. In the mean time however I think that there's a lot you can do to almost immediately feel a lot better.

As I'm writing this I'm productive and live normally, and that became better when focusing on getting as much carbs as possible, skipping almost everything else. The protein from whatever carbs I'm eating - potatoes, rice, rice noodles, sourdough bread (ocassionally), some vegetables like broccoli. Only added fat is some coconut oil to the starches to limit "persorption".

Probably not a sustainable diet in the long run, and as I'm writing this I'm slowly trying to incorporate some beef liver and later maybe some seafood.

When focusing on solely carbs, almost immediately my stools improved, dark brown and a satisfying complete emptying.
Better sleep
Feeling calmer and more sociable
Got my appetite back!
Energy better but still not good

Don't know why but something with a meat and animal products heavy diet made me feel almost poisoned. Probably a lot of emotional and other stressors have made my digestion very weak and maybe permeable. Maybe it's high in excitatory amino acids, maybe it's some allergic reaction to the animal feed, or it's simply that I need a lot of calories from carbohydrates that my body can't eat both high carb high protein because of the limited capacity to digest foods of any kind.

This is only my own experience and perspective of course, but thought it might be worth sharing!
I think this may be the first time I am having issues with high meat and animal foods like yourself. I was fine with it before and slowly got less and less appetite for these foods until if I forced it I didn’t feel good. I know I would definitely feel better on the type of diet you are currently eating I feel good on all those foods especially when they aren’t mixed with much else. There has to be more causes to this for sure.
Thanks

OP
L

leeteeh

How much thiamine hcl did you take? Did you take any magnesium too? Your symptoms point to possible thiamine deficiency + magnesium deficiency. Taking thiamine can make a magnesium deficiency worse.
I was taking 300/400mg Once a day but I only did that for maybe 5 days. No I am not taking magnesium and haven’t for a while. I was thinking of getting magnesium taurate when I next try as I had glycinate but when I take glycine alone I feel like I don’t do well with it mentally and gut wise. I just stopped all supplements so didn’t want to even start magnesium either.

TheCodez

The fact that thiamine made things worse is interesting and possibly suggestive of thiamine deficiency. Apparently the "thiamine paradox" causes things to worsen before improving. Elliot Overton has videos and other info on this situation.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I think it could be parasite and bacteria related for sure or at least part of the problem. Is the GI-Map the best type for these gut issues?
It's many functional practitioners' favourite for various reasons, but no test is perfect. It is definitely very sensitive so can detect various Protozoa and others that are either hard culture or otherwise detect under microscope.

mostlylurking

I was taking 300/400mg Once a day but I only did that for maybe 5 days. No I am not taking magnesium and haven’t for a while. I was thinking of getting magnesium taurate when I next try as I had glycinate but when I take glycine alone I feel like I don’t do well with it mentally and gut wise. I just stopped all supplements so didn’t want to even start magnesium either.
Which type of thiamine did you take?

OP
L

leeteeh

The fact that thiamine made things worse is interesting and possibly suggestive of thiamine deficiency. Apparently the "thiamine paradox" causes things to worsen before improving. Elliot Overton has videos and other info on this situation.
I’ve watched a lot of his thiamine videos but didn’t see him mention the worsening before it gets better. Il search for it.

mostlylurking

I’ve watched a lot of his thiamine videos but didn’t see him mention the worsening before it gets better. Il search for it.
Derrick Lonsdale likes to recommend TTFD thiamine. People who have been under stress for a long time can have depleted/insufficient glutathione. TTFD some how depletes/uses glutathione so can make that situation worse. This happened to me; one capsule of TTFD gave me a headache that lasted for 36 hours. I didn't take a second capsule. Elliot Overton did a video about this issue and recommended thiamine hcl because that type of thiamine can actually improve glutathione status. My glutathione status normalized from taking thiamine hcl.
Paradoxical Reactions With TTFD: The Glutathione Connection - Hormones Matter
Thiamine hcl
In order to work, thiamine hcl needs to be taken in higher doses because of the poor absorption rate through the small intestinal wall. I follow Dr. Costantini's protocol and take 1 gram, 2Xday. Seven days of taking this dose of oral thiamine hcl equals to one 100mg injection of thiamine hcl.

Dr. Costantini successfully treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients in Italy using high dose thiamine hcl. There's lots of helpful info on his site. Dr. Costantini said that a person shouldn't have negative effects from taking thiamine. But he used thiamine hcl exclusively.

OP
L

leeteeh

MOLD.

Check your house for mold. Sounds like symptoms of mold illness.
I’ve actually been sick from mold exposure before and few of the symptoms I have now I had before. It’s just hard to tell as before I got sick instantly after a virus and stayed sick where as now this has been so gradual. I stayed away from one night at someone’s house the other day and although I still had the chest and kidney area pain and anxiety. I was definitely less fatigued and dizzy and felt almost normal in that sense. After being back home just a few days my sleep is terrible again, loads of dreaming and nightmares, really dizzy and disoriented so maybe it is indeed a mold issue or atleast part of the problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals