Experts Needed On This Issue

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone, small update here... The pain in my right lung is persistent throughout the day. It was induced by a combination of an enzyme supplement (nattokinase & serrapeptase) and inhaling thick cigarette smoke. The pain somehow can be felt in my back on the right side and in my inner chest on the right.

Eggshell calcium actually manages to lower the pain somewhat and reduce the automatic inclination and itch to cough..

The pain is burning.

What can this mean? I hope someone has the answers.

I still have to visit my GP!! I haven't had the time for it yet but I will do it. I actually visited the GP once before for this issue and he requested a x-ray because he suspected fibrosis. I never had the time to go to the hospital though...
Since it's been a couple months and the issue is lingering you should probably get it checked out. Just my opinion of course.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Since it's been a couple months and the issue is lingering you should probably get it checked out. Just my opinion of course.
Yes I realize that now. I will make an appointment this week and post updates from that on here. Thank you Blossom!

Luckytype

Agreed.

Also, do a google search for pain referral and search the word dermatomes. It may be a different situation than you think. Dermatomes are basically segments along which nerve root can refer information, we can use them for pain.

For example I have SI joints that have caused me such severe pain that even lying down was excruiating, couldnt sit on the toilet, twist, lie, stand. I believed it was my L4/5 which have small amounts of movement to begin with so I assumed that from previous issue that was the area that needed mobilization and I was treating it as such. I eventually added in some SI corrective things into my days and the pain changed and eventually developed into what felt like burning skin along my left side by my pelvis - easier to identify and confirmed SI dysfunction. When it gets irritated this pain wrap on my side tells me.

Do a search to get an idea but dont use it to overthink, ok man? :tonguewink:

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Agreed.

Also, do a google search for pain referral and search the word dermatomes. It may be a different situation than you think. Dermatomes are basically segments along which nerve root can refer information, we can use them for pain.

For example I have SI joints that have caused me such severe pain that even lying down was excruiating, couldnt sit on the toilet, twist, lie, stand. I believed it was my L4/5 which have small amounts of movement to begin with so I assumed that from previous issue that was the area that needed mobilization and I was treating it as such. I eventually added in some SI corrective things into my days and the pain changed and eventually developed into what felt like burning skin along my left side by my pelvis - easier to identify and confirmed SI dysfunction. When it gets irritated this pain wrap on my side tells me.

Do a search to get an idea but dont use it to overthink, ok man? :tonguewink:
I will look into it man, thanks!

burtlancast

Use the medical system for diagnosis and the alternative world for treatment.
So I agree with those advising to get an X-ray. That's the very first thing to be done.
Then you can improvise from there.

Luckytype

Use the medical system for diagnosis and the alternative world for treatment.
So I agree with those advising to get an X-ray. That's the very first thing to be done.
Then you can improvise from there.
This.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

So I went to my GP. He said that he supposes that it is scar tissue in the lung, caused by smoking, which can hurt, even permanently. We agreed that a X-ray wasn't necessary in such a case.

So what is wisdom in this situation? Cough has dissapeared somewhat, along with decreased pain, by using Progest-E (once).

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I used my nebulizer, using iodine first. It gave me a weak pulse and made me sweaty, but it made my lungs feel better and got some mucus free which felt really stuck. Then I tried another session with EGCG. Had a big inflammatory attack in both lungs, coughing up mucus, but when it got down I noticed the pain was less, and I could breathe much more clearer. Right lung still hurts though, and pain is slowly returning. My airway passages feel much clearer now though still, about a hour or two afterwards. Seemed like mucus was really blocking the passage ways.

I think I could have chronic bronchitis. What is a natural treatment for this?

Thanks!

CC @Blossom

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I used my nebulizer, using iodine first. It gave me a weak pulse and made me sweaty, but it made my lungs feel better and got some mucus free which felt really stuck. Then I tried another session with EGCG. Had a big inflammatory attack in both lungs, coughing up mucus, but when it got down I noticed the pain was less, and I could breathe much more clearer. Right lung still hurts though, and pain is slowly returning. My airway passages feel much clearer now though still, about a hour or two afterwards. Seemed like mucus was really blocking the passage ways.

I think I could have chronic bronchitis. What is a natural treatment for this?

Thanks!

CC @Blossom
I have been thinking about your earlier post. Did the doctor do any tests or listen to your lungs? Scarring is usually fibrosis and that's pretty serious. If things don't improve I'd get a second opinion from a pulmonologist if possible. At your age and with your fairly short smoking history I'd lean more towards bronchitis at this point. It sounds like the pain could be in your accessory muscules from coughing.
I'm glad the nebulizer is helping and you're getting the mucus up!
@Regina might have some suggestions if it turns out that you actually have pulmonary fibrosis.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
A Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) would be a radiation free way of measuring how well your lungs are working.
If you do have an infection it's really important to get that cleared up so it doesn't become pneumonia.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I have been thinking about your earlier post. Did the doctor do any tests or listen to your lungs? Scarring is usually fibrosis and that's pretty serious. If things don't improve I'd get a second opinion from a pulmonologist if possible. At your age and with your fairly short smoking history I'd lean more towards bronchitis at this point. It sounds like the pain could be in your accessory muscules from coughing.
I'm glad the nebulizer is helping and you're getting the mucus up!
@Regina might have some suggestions if it turns out that you actually have pulmonary fibrosis.
The nebulizing of either iodine or EGCG or both gave alot of relief from this stinging pain. Even till the next day, it felt like my lung was finally relieved. But then I sat outside, and a whiff from an ashtray filled to the brim sitting nearby caught my nose and I accidently inhaled it, and the development of this sharp stingy pain which I thought was gone started again. I coughed up green mucus later, and my airways feel cleared again, but the stingy pain remains. At this point, what could be happening? It could be like an open wound, which gets caught with a irritating substance causing it to ache majorly. I have willow bark extract here at home (arrived today) which contains 25% salicin. I also remember reading that slippery elm is a herb that protects tissues by adding a mucus layer.

Perhaps there is no wound but rather a chronic inflammation, which has to settle down, and easily increases with the slightest provocation.

The feeling I had right after inhaling the ashtray whiff was a pulling sensation in my lung, which was not even painful at the start. Later, a constrictive feeling started to develop on the spot where the pulling sensation was, and the stingy pain started to develop and increase as well. The pain is not in my whole lung, but only a small spot.

Also I am coughey again, but much less ticklish to cough than I was before using my nebulizer. The nebulizer, especially with the iodine, felt very soothing to my lungs.

Should I try the willow bark at this point? I am interested in what it could do.

Oh and, Progest-E also made the pain dissapear a few days before I used the nebulizer, and it did so for half a day/a whole day.

It could pretty well be chronic inflammation.

I hope this information would reveal something!

The doctor did not listen to my lungs, and I had a lung capacity test before, about 2 years ago, before my pain developed. (which was while using the nattokinase and serrapeptase while inhaling penetrating cigarette fumes.)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Green mucus is definitely infection which most likely is accompanied by inflammation as well. I'd get a second opinion if it were me. A person that doesn't even bother to listen to your breath sounds can't really be taken seriously imo. I hope you didn't get charged very much. I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get adequate treatment. I honestly think a lot of your issues will resolve with the proper antibiotic.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The sensitivity you're having to the smell of the ashtray is considered the "third hand smoke" phenomena. It's controversial but you're not the only one who experiences it.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Green mucus is definitely infection which most likely is accompanied by inflammation as well. I'd get a second opinion if it were me. A person that doesn't even bother to listen to your breath sounds can't really be taken seriously imo. I hope you didn't get charged very much. I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get adequate treatment. I honestly think a lot of your issues will resolve with the proper antibiotic.
Yesterday, the mucus during the coughing attack from the nebulizer was white.

I took one 25% salicin capsule, I notice some effect, the strain sensation has decreased about 1/4 - 1/6 and overall sense of wellbeing improved a little bit.

Does aspirin combat infection?

There is a problem with diagnostics in this case though. As apparently doctors can only diagnose ''bronchitis'' by what the patient tells them. No actual diagnostic tools apparently exist to actually say it is a real case of bronchitis.

Source: Chronic bronchitis has been mysterious until now - Futurity

“Until now, we have had little knowledge of what causes the airway mucus accumulation that plagues chronic bronchitis patients, and the only way we have to diagnose chronic bronchitis is based on what the patient tells us,” says study coauthor Richard Boucher, director of the Marsico Lung Institute at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill."

I'm pretty sure it's bronchitis, presumably with alot of congestion. My doctor said that if it's scar tissue caused by cigarette smoke (which we both assumed was the root cause of my symptoms), there is nothing you can do about it, even if it's causing pain.

When I nebulized iodine I felt alot of mucus getting loosened that felt like it had been sitting there for ages. Perhaps this caused the pain? Because when I spit it out/swallowed it, the direct stingy pain dissapeared, and only appeared again when I inhaled the ashtray smell the next day. In between the nebulizing and ashtray smell I felt great actually, with no direct pain involved, and it felt like huge relief, like I haven't felt before.

5 years ago, when I was still smoking, I already had these symptoms somewhat (except for the direct strenuous pain spot in my lung), and I remember one night coughing up blood. This was once back then and didn't re-occur after that night. Perhaps it is relevant? Also one day back then, I felt this very weird tingling sensation in my lungs, which made me feel like there was this huge content of mucus in my lungs. An itch developed in my chest but coughing did not make it go away. My eyes started tearing up and I really felt weird, to the point that I couldn't normally talk with people. I was a snackbar at that time and had to go outside.

After a hour it went away.

I am really considering a second opinion but again, what could be done for the inflammation? Surely antibiotics can cure an infection, but can it combat inflammation?

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yesterday, the mucus during the coughing attack from the nebulizer was white.

I took one 25% salicin capsule, I notice some effect, the strain sensation has decreased about 1/4 - 1/6 and overall sense of wellbeing improved a little bit.

Does aspirin combat infection?

There is a problem with diagnostics in this case though. As apparently doctors can only diagnose ''bronchitis'' by what the patient tells them. No actual diagnostic tools apparently exist to actually say it is a real case of bronchitis.

Source: Chronic bronchitis has been mysterious until now - Futurity

“Until now, we have had little knowledge of what causes the airway mucus accumulation that plagues chronic bronchitis patients, and the only way we have to diagnose chronic bronchitis is based on what the patient tells us,” says study coauthor Richard Boucher, director of the Marsico Lung Institute at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill."

I'm pretty sure it's bronchitis, presumably with alot of congestion. My doctor said that if it's scar tissue caused by cigarette smoke (which we both assumed was the root cause of my symptoms), there is nothing you can do about it, even if it's causing pain.

When I nebulized iodine I felt alot of mucus getting loosened that felt like it had been sitting there for ages. Perhaps this caused the pain? Because when I spit it out/swallowed it, the direct stingy pain dissapeared, and only appeared again when I inhaled the ashtray smell the next day. In between the nebulizing and ashtray smell I felt great actually, with no direct pain involved, and it felt like huge relief, like I haven't felt before.

5 years ago, when I was still smoking, I already had these symptoms somewhat (except for the direct strenuous pain spot in my lung), and I remember one night coughing up blood. This was once back then and didn't re-occur after that night. Perhaps it is relevant? Also one day back then, I felt this very weird tingling sensation in my lungs, which made me feel like there was this huge content of mucus in my lungs. An itch developed in my chest but coughing did not make it go away. My eyes started tearing up and I really felt weird, to the point that I couldn't normally talk with people. I was a snackbar at that time and had to go outside.

After a hour it went away.

I am really considering a second opinion but again, what could be done for the inflammation? Surely antibiotics can cure an infection, but can it combat inflammation?
I think a complete work up by a good pulmonologist (if you can find one) would answer a lot of questions. These issues certainly seem interrelated but I think it would be helpful for you to get an accurate diagnosis beyond just speculation about scar tissue with no testing to back that up.

To me the lungs are just something to take pretty seriously if symptoms aren't resolving. A repeat PFT would help diagnose the chronic bronchitis form of COPD. I'm thinking you're a bit young for that but it's not impossible. If you live with heavy smokers especially if they smoke indoors I would try to change that asap if possible. Some people are just more sensitive to second and third hand smoke than others. You could have a long standing infection and not meet the criteria for a diagnosis of chronic bronchitis. In other words a person can have acute bronchitis that lingers. They can also have "pockets " of infection which would explain why sometimes your mucus is green and sometimes white.
I'm just throwing out some thoughts.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

I think a complete work up by a good pulmonologist (if you can find one) would answer a lot of questions. These issues certainly seem interrelated but I think it would be helpful for you to get an accurate diagnosis beyond just speculation about scar tissue with no testing to back that up.

To me the lungs are just something to take pretty seriously if symptoms aren't resolving. A repeat PFT would help diagnose the chronic bronchitis form of COPD. I'm thinking you're a bit young for that but it's not impossible. If you live with heavy smokers especially if they smoke indoors I would try to change that asap if possible. Some people are just more sensitive to second and third hand smoke than others. You could have a long standing infection and not meet the criteria for a diagnosis of chronic bronchitis. In other words a person can have acute bronchitis that lingers. They can also have "pockets " of infection which would explain why sometimes your mucus is green and sometimes white.
I'm just throwing out some thoughts.
At this point I just want to get better and feel better. I have been neglecting my own health to care for others for too long now, and I am only starting to face the actual ailments that my body has. I will search for a good pulmonologist and hopefully be able to get to something. Meanwhile however, aspirin and progesterone have made me feel better, so I contemplate in using those in the meantime. I will add vitamin K to the mix as well.

Nebulized iodine made me feel really well too, are there any risks concerned with high doses of iodine? I use the Detoxadine nascent iodine brand. I do fear temporary hyperthyroid states induced by iodine in which something scary like thrombosis could occur. The brand I use has high doses of iodine per drop. 3 drops contain 1,950 mcg of iodine.

I also want to use androsterone together with the progesterone to detoxify estrogen from my body.

Thank you for your care so far.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Just some plain saline nebulized can help break up mucus as well.
Best of luck to you. I hope I didn't come off as overbearing-I just have a special passion for the lungs.:):

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Just some plain saline nebulized can help break up mucus as well.
Best of luck to you. I hope I didn't come off as overbearing-I just have a special passion for the lungs.:):
No that's perfect in my case, as I have a lung ailment. I haven't been myself lately as well, I actually feel weirdish in my brains, somewhat disconnected and distracted. It's been a very hard time for me, something a person at my age shouldn't be going through but it unfortunately is what it is. I just hope it is not something worse, like a metastasized brain tumor, or something. Ever since I was born I had to doubt my body's capability to live, as I had emergency surgery as a baby to live. Later on, I catched the chickenpox and had to endure weekly injections of methotrexate/amethopterin and I just felt nausious and sick all the time as a child. Alot of my family relatives died of cancer and one of COPD. So it's been tough and confusing, to face the reality that I am mortal, and don't have the best cards dealt to me in life. All the abuse I gave my body also wouldn't help with that either.

I am sorry if I just gave my life story, I just have to pick myself up and move on and hope, for a better future and life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals