Did I Have A Small Or Silent HA? Need Help

TreasureVibe

I was sleeping, I haven't been moving, been in bed for weeks now due to feeling sick, been using androsterone (which is an AI and AIs have heart event side effects) and I've been sweating and feeling clammy lately, and I was in a dream when I suddenly woke up panicky as I felt something in my left chest near my heart sting, and when I woke up it was still somewhat there and it felt like a strain, and I also had pain in the back of my left shoulder and also in my fingertips for a second and in my jaw for a second. Pain is still somewhat there in/on my left chest.

I'm 23 with a sh*t immune system.
Was this a mini heart attack or a silent heart attack?

Thank you.

AJC

The best way to find out is to go get an EKG done, it's possible an Urgent Care could do it, because they're cheap and fast to do--non-invasive too.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

The best way to find out is to go get an EKG done, it's possible an Urgent Care could do it, because they're cheap and fast to do--non-invasive too.
Afraid we don't have urgent care clinics/walk-in clinics in Holland yet.. How long till I can get an EKG before it is supposedly too late?

InChristAlone

At 23 most heart Drs would not suspect a heart attack. They would suspect a panic attack.

tara

I don't know, but I think it could be worth checking it out. And if not a HA, then maybe 'panic attack'. 'Panic attack'
sounds like something emotional, but AIUI, it typically involves low CO2 levels brought about by relative hyperventilation. I imagine lying in bed for weeks would increase the risk of that, as inactivity produces less CO2. People can hyperventilate without being aware of it - breathing more than they need to, lowering CO2.
Is your mouth reliably closed (except when eating, talking,etc) including during sleep? Breathing at rest relaxed and diaphragmatic?

According to this, overbreathing can lead to angina pectoris if one is susceptible, and one can address it using Buteyko method:
https://www.normalbreathing.com/s/angina-pectoris.php

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I don't know, but I think it could be worth checking it out. And if not a HA, then maybe 'panic attack'. 'Panic attack'
sounds like something emotional, but AIUI, it typically involves low CO2 levels brought about by relative hyperventilation. I imagine lying in bed for weeks would increase the risk of that, as inactivity produces less CO2. People can hyperventilate without being aware of it - breathing more than they need to, lowering CO2.
Is your mouth reliably closed (except when eating, talking,etc) including during sleep? Breathing at rest relaxed and diaphragmatic?

According to this, overbreathing can lead to angina pectoris if one is susceptible, and one can address it using Buteyko method:
https://www.normalbreathing.com/s/angina-pectoris.php
I am somewhat panic prone but I was not hyperventilating nor did I have the urge. The pain in my shoulder persists - I have a history of costochondritis, I 'cured' it with exercises sporadically, but until now I have never thought about what it would feel like if it would randomly come back. (I had it on the left side of my chest)

I did an exercise with an object in between my shoulder blades and the chest pain is somewhat relieved but now the shoulder is stingy. I hate how because of my past history diagnosis of costochondritis I can now never reliably tell wether or not I have heart problems, especially when taking hormones.

I want to be healthy!! :(

tara

I am somewhat panic prone but I was not hyperventilating nor did I have the urge.
I had no idea I was hyperventilating till I tried to test my Buteyko Control Pause and found it short. According to that site, it is common. Have you tried testing yours? Even if your breathing does not seem fast or hard, lying in bed a lot means not producing much CO2, so I think it's easier to get into such a state if one is not deliberately countering it with conscious reduced-breathing exercise of one kind or another.

I don't know about you, but if I spend a lot of time at a keyboard in poor posture, that can result in pain at shoulder blades, too.

I think there is a good possibility that you can improve your health. :)

Are you able to move and stretch? Can you get out and get some sunshine and fresh air?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I had no idea I was hyperventilating till I tried to test my Buteyko Control Pause and found it short. According to that site, it is common. Have you tried testing yours? Even if your breathing does not seem fast or hard, lying in bed a lot means not producing much CO2, so I think it's easier to get into such a state if one is not deliberately countering it with conscious reduced-breathing exercise of one kind or another.

I don't know about you, but if I spend a lot of time at a keyboard in poor posture, that can result in pain at shoulder blades, too.

I think there is a good possibility that you can improve your health. :)

Are you able to move and stretch? Can you get out and get some sunshine and fresh air?
It really felt like this small muscle deep inside my chest twitching forward. In my dream, a second before I woke I actually saw bright light. The combination of these two made me really panic when I woke up. When I woke up I could still feel this muscle strain/twitch in my chest and I felt heart burn so that definitely got me thinking it's a HA because I never have heart burn normally, but you never know. I recall having felt it literally once years ago. I've been taking ACV buffered with baking soda lately, too.

I can stretch and move yeah. I can get out for some sunshine and fresh air.

I will check out how to do Buteyko and see if it helps. I just hate the mental anxiety I'm left with now, not knowing if my heart cells got damaged, which can cause deadly arrhytmia typically seen after a HA....

tara

I will check out how to do Buteyko and see if it helps.
I'd recommend reading on the normal breathing site about angina pectoris, and about the Control Pause, so you can measure and see where you are with this, and some of the general theory. If it is an issue, there are quick breathing exercises for first aid, but also longer-term training for gradually improving CO2 levels and health.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I'd recommend reading on the normal breathing site about angina pectoris, and about the Control Pause, so you can measure and see where you are with this, and some of the general theory. If it is an issue, there are quick breathing exercises for first aid, but also longer-term training for gradually improving CO2 levels and health.
Did some quick Buteyko from a YouTube video, already feeling better! Wow. Even the aches in shoulder and chest are lessening. But this sensation in my left chest, of something just sitting on it, or it being full of fat, what can it mean? It's not a huge press, just this slight press.. Idk, my lungs are also healing since I've been taking the ACV + baking soda, so it might have to do with my left lung getting back to life too. I recall after first time taking progesterone, I just felt this sludge pulling away from my right chest. When I took an AI for the first time, I just felt sludge clearing all over my torso. Estrogen is definitely playing a part in all of this and I'm going to work on that.

I've just been a wreck for so long!!

Last edited:

AJC

Afraid we don't have urgent care clinics/walk-in clinics in Holland yet.. How long till I can get an EKG before it is supposedly too late?

If you've truly had a heart attack the EKG will show a specific abnormal finding for the rest of your life. In fact, it's possible for someone to suffer a minor heart attack and not even realize it until they get an EKG years later. Your primary care doc should be able to order one for you if you don't have urgentcare/walk-ins, but I agree, they'd probably suspect panic attack or simple angina first (although EKG's are super cheap so it shouldn't be a big deal).

tara

Did some quick Buteyko from a YouTube video, already feeling better! Wow. Even the aches in shoulder and chest are lessening. But this sensation in my left chest, of something just sitting on it, or it being full of fat, what can it mean?
Glad the Buteyko exercise helped. That sees to me to be an indication that breathing and CO2 are relevant factors in your state. So it may be both part of the cause, and a valuable parameter open to you to work with for improvement, if you want to take time to pursue changes on this front.

I found that website very informative. But be aware that there are areas Rakhimov differs from Peat. My take on that is that Peat aims to raise CO2 by increasing metabolism, whereas Rakhimov, based in Buteyko method, is focussed on reducing CP at all costs, and this can sometimes mean measures that might slow metabolism. In common, they both consider allkaline minerals important, and so do I - I don't think I could have improved my breathing even the little I have without increasing these. There are some good threads discussing related topics in this forum.

CO2 and breathing might make a significant difference, but my hunch is it probably isn't the whole story for you though. You've got other causes and issues in your health history too.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Glad the Buteyko exercise helped. That sees to me to be an indication that breathing and CO2 are relevant factors in your state. So it may be both part of the cause, and a valuable parameter open to you to work with for improvement, if you want to take time to pursue changes on this front.

I found that website very informative. But be aware that there are areas Rakhimov differs from Peat. My take on that is that Peat aims to raise CO2 by increasing metabolism, whereas Rakhimov, based in Buteyko method, is focussed on reducing CP at all costs, and this can sometimes mean measures that might slow metabolism. In common, they both consider allkaline minerals important, and so do I - I don't think I could have improved my breathing even the little I have without increasing these. There are some good threads discussing related topics in this forum.

CO2 and breathing might make a significant difference, but my hunch is it probably isn't the whole story for you though. You've got other causes and issues in your health history too.
Thank you Tara for your kind help so far. I actually suffer from Still's disease and was treated for this as a child but I've never fully realized until today what it exactly consists of due to misinformation from my parents. (not intentional) It's an autoinflammatory disease which can affect organs too. Do you have any knowledge on it and what I could take for it? I have a deficiency in natural killer T-cells according to literature. You can find the topic here, feel free to post there or here: https://raypeatforum.com/community/...diopathic-arthritis-aka-stills-disease.24662/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals