Newbie here - thoughts on endotoxic shock...

kyev

Hi guys!

I’m a new member here but not totally new to RP. I heard about him years ago but didn’t take him seriously until more recently. His ideas could have helped me so much when I was at my sickest about 1.5 years ago.

I’ve been trying to correct my IBS, poor skin, and fatigue for years through various methods. But finally at the beginning of 2014 I decided to work with a nutritionist thinking this would be the best approach to solving these issue. Some of the advice was sound and I followed her recommendations, but what started out as feeling pretty good did not last long and I ended up in deep water after a bad reaction.

I believe what I experienced was (endotoxic) shock from a simple herbal anti-fungal (blend of different antimicrobials) that she recommended. The starting dose was six capsules, two before each meal. I always ease into things, so I started with 1 capsule before each meal on the first day and felt fine. But then I woke up at 3AM the next morning, sat up in bed and started having trouble breathing, my heart was racing, then I started to convulse and shake uncontrollably, then had a couple bowel movements. It was violent and lasted about 25 minutes. The rest of the night, every so often I would get this surge (maybe adrenaline) through my body for about 30 seconds. My breathing felt off as I started the next day, but I went to work and continued on with normal activities. Never took the anti-fungal again of course.

After about a week of feeling off, I began to really decline to the point of being bed-ridden and having to stop work. I had many of the symptoms of heart failure but the doctors I was seeing couldn’t find anything. Over the next several months I would see a handful of doctors and cardiologists. I did many EKGs, a stress EKG, chest CT, echo, stress-echo, and Holter monitor, and even blood cultures to check for infection. The only things that came up was very minor mitral regurgitation which shouldn’t be a cause for concern or causing symptoms. Later on we did do some bloodwork and discovered I had had several active viruses - Coxsackie B, Epstein Barr, and CMV.

Now, it’s been about a 1.5 years and in addition to my original problems - IBS, fatigue, and skin issues (which are starting to improve with RP principles) I now have constant chest pressure and a pounding heart beat and occasional chest pain and shortness of breath as well. My current cardiologist suggested possible pericarditis but is unwilling to diagnose it at this point, probably because my ejection fraction is perfect.

I’m concerned there was damage done and have a prescription for a cardiac MRI which I’ll be looking to do in the near future.

Anyways, what does this sound like to you all? Was this endotoxic shock?

I hope this also serves as a warning to be very careful about what goes into your mouth. Of course no one could have predicted such a violent reaction, but it can happen.

Sea

Just sounds like your adrenaline increased because you ran out of sugar due to the supplement. Do you monitor your temp/pulse? Pounding heart often indicates high adrenaline, but if you feel relaxed when it occurrs then it could be better thyroid function. If you are restless and heart is pounding then you just ran out of sugar and need to eat more food until it stops. The rest of your symptoms just sounds like hypothyroidism.

OP
K

kyev

Thanks Sea,

I have not been good about monitoring temperature but am pretty attuned to my pulse which seems to fluctuate between maybe 70-90 bpm resting. It's been very confusing as my symptoms are inconsistent. For example, now I just ate a meal of potatoes, white fish, with butter and orange/apple juice... my heart rate is 70 bpm and there's barely any heart pounding. Other times I will eat something (even a high sugar meal) and my heart will go nuts and pound really hard. Sometimes exercise seems to make it worse and sometimes better. I pretty much stick to just light exercise since this happened. Sometimes I will have a really hard pulse but my heart rate will be unusually low.