Chest pain causes

leeteeh

I’ve written multiple questions about chest pain I’ve suffered with over a couple of years and had multiple tests and scans to rule out heart/lung.
Everything you can have for chest apart from a mri of the heart but every test and scan has came back normal so they put it down to costochondritis as they can’t find a physical cause. One time it was so bad I nearly rang an ambulance as I thought I was having a heart attack, I chewed two aspirin and managed to relieve the pain by 50% and could then sleep.
In the last month my mother has been having the exact same pain in the exact same spot on her left side chest, hers has also came for a couple of weeks then gone for a week and came back just as mine does sometimes for a month at a time. Now my brother has also just experienced the exact same pain as me and my mum in the exact same place again and is in hospital waiting on tests and scans.
Could this be something running in the family? Genetic ? Or could this be due to extreme stress. My brother is 18 and I’m 30. We have different dads and very much different diets and lifestyle. My mother and him live together and I live far from them so my confusion is it’s not something we are all doing as we don’t live together and live very different lives and are very different people.

I thought might could be due to mold or emf exposure at one point but now I have absolutely no clue now they are having the exact same pains. Anything I could look into with this sudden happening of left chest pain.

Also none of us are vxxed

Peater

I’ve written multiple questions about chest pain I’ve suffered with over a couple of years and had multiple tests and scans to rule out heart/lung.
Everything you can have for chest apart from a mri of the heart but every test and scan has came back normal so they put it down to costochondritis as they can’t find a physical cause. One time it was so bad I nearly rang an ambulance as I thought I was having a heart attack, I chewed two aspirin and managed to relieve the pain by 50% and could then sleep.
In the last month my mother has been having the exact same pain in the exact same spot on her left side chest, hers has also came for a couple of weeks then gone for a week and came back just as mine does sometimes for a month at a time. Now my brother has also just experienced the exact same pain as me and my mum in the exact same place again and is in hospital waiting on tests and scans.
Could this be something running in the family? Genetic ? Or could this be due to extreme stress. My brother is 18 and I’m 30. We have different dads and very much different diets and lifestyle. My mother and him live together and I live far from them so my confusion is it’s not something we are all doing as we don’t live together and live very different lives and are very different people.

I thought might could be due to mold or emf exposure at one point but now I have absolutely no clue now they are having the exact same pains. Anything I could look into with this sudden happening of left chest pain.

Start simple, are you getting plenty of salt, potassium, calcium and magnesium? B vitamins?

One thing you might find interesting is that while researching something else I found out that a heart medication for fibrillation is basically modified iodine in the same way that synthetic progesterone was able to marketed. Iodine supplementation beyond 150mcg is not peaty, and you would also need to take selenium methionine.

Not a recommendation, just something to consider. I have posted on the iodine threads.

This could probably go in any one of the iodine threads but I've posted most here, so here goes. I believe this is extremely important.

From the book Iodine - Bringing Back The Universal Medicine

Amazingly, while medicine shuns iodine therapy, their most popular anti-fibrillation drug, Amiodarone, actually is iodine in a more toxic, sustained-release form. This drug can produce a smooth heartbeat when the body has accumulated about 1,500 mgs of iodine—the exact amount of iodine retained by your body when iodine fulfillment is achieved by natural supplementation with Prolamine iodine.

Unfortunately, Amiodarone is an extremely toxic form of iodine used by the medical profession. The side effects are often too great (and even life threatening) for most people to endure long enough to achieve a normal heartbeat. In addition, once you stop this drug, your original problem returns. Iodine therapy, on the other hand, fulfills the body’s needs safely, then maintains the smooth heartbeat with a low-maintenance dose.

I know Peat wasn't keen on iodine, but to me the above sounds so similar to the toxic synthetic versions of progesterone and thyroid. But the mechanism of action appears to be a dubious attempt to saturate the heart with this Not-Iodine.

So...what if the heart was saturated with iodone?

Izzybelle

Very odd that all three of you get the same pain. I wasn't familiar with costochondritis before, but you may have solved a puzzle for me. I think I may have developed that as a result of my former yoga practice. My pain would come in waves periodically and affected my right side, right up to my jaw. After the first time I knew it was muscle-related, as it seemed connected to an extremely tight muscle in my back. Do you all do any kind of smilar exercise? It could be stress causing tight muscles and inflammation, as I think that also played into my muscle issues.

Izzybelle

Gelatin, glycine, magnesium, Vitamins D and E and thyroid possibly helpful if you think it is stress/muscle related. In my case, I think the tight muscles put a strain on the cartilage, causing the inflammation and pain. Just some thoughts. Peat has said muscles don't relax properly with hypothyroidism.

ThinPicking

Intractable chest pain is a common symptom of long covid.
It's impossible for anyone to really know this. For a symptom to be counted as a feature of "long covid", the context of that designation must also be considered. No one can prove "long covid" in a person and so they can't attribute symptoms to it.

It does however give both the designator and the designated an excuse to stop thinking, perceiving and acting. Personally I wouldn't want to encourage that. Merry Christmas.

EnergeticLeo

I personally developed slight heart pain when increasing thyroid function, and thankfully I found Peat talking about how this could be a simple magnesium deficiency bioenergetic search

Even when my heart is beating a little hard, I've now learned to take some magnesium chloride hexahydrate (about 500 mg, giving 50 mg of elemental magnesium) and immediately the heart calms down, and the pain subsides.

TheSir

It's impossible for anyone to really know this..
On the contrary, it is exceedingly easy to infer this by taking a glance at the amount of people who are complaining of persistent chest pains that evade all medical testing shortly after getting infected with corona. Not only is it one of the more common symptoms, it only rarely presents itself outside of the context of long covid.

No one can prove "long covid" in a person and so they can't attribute symptoms to it.
This is a non-sequitur. By definition, a syndrome cannot be proven, as syndromes are collections of symptoms whose pathological causation is not yet understood. Yet we can, and routinely do, attribute poorly understood symptoms to various syndromes, as this is precisely what the purpose of labelling something as a syndrome is -- it serves as a placeholder diagnosis until the underlying pathology gets identified and solved. This is exactly what is done with the numerous long term symptoms that frequently arise from a covid infection.

ThinPicking

it is exceedingly easy to infer this by taking a glance at the amount of people who are complaining of persistent chest pains that evade all medical testing shortly after getting infected with corona. Not only is it one of the more common symptoms, it only rarely presents itself outside of the context of long covid.
Only if your inference is out of context Mr The, and therefore useless. Anecdotal reports on social media don't constitute evidence. And even if they did. Or even if those reports were captured in journaled case reports and literature reviews, or direct sampling for such things. "Infection" with "corona" can't be proven by PCR or LFT, so the attribution can't be made. Furthermore, chest pain, persistent or not has been a common feature of the immune responses commonly known as cold and flu, and associated persistent syndromes, since time immemorial. Simple logic reveals the falsehoods you're hinging on, and for the forum, encouraging others to hinge on.

This is a non-sequitur.
You can interpret it as such but you're obviously mistaken for the reason above.

Yet we can, and routinely do, attribute poorly understood symptoms to various syndromes, as this is precisely what the purpose of labelling something as a syndrome is
Not typically with such specificity, and where there are syndromes that do indicate a causal link to a particular thing, they can be drawn in to question quite easy.

it serves as a placeholder diagnosis until the underlying pathology gets identified and solved.
You won't be solving anything on these lines Mr The.

Could it be a particular supplement you three are taking that is the same, or do you live in the same area and it could be your water source?

Izzybelle

From what I googled about costochondritis anything predisposing you to the inflammation of the chest cartilage can cause it. I think that includes any kind of chest infection, whether from the coughing or generalized inflammation of the area IDK. My case began long before COVID, but I had a whole bunch of predisposing things like chronic inescapable stress, and a strenuous yoga practice after sitting at a computer for 8-10 hours a day for a decade, etc. Also took fish oil for a decade, which Peat has said can cause Vit E deficiency and muscle problems. With hypothyroidism though, the muscles don't recover properly and the inflammation remains, so thyroid would be my totally unqualified guess based on my own experience. I chased around with many supplements that seemed to work for a short time before I got deeper into Peat's work because before my first episode the doctor told me that my thyroid was fine. My case may be different because I had many many chronic muscle problems that are stlll not completely resolved but slowly improving with my self-prescribing of thyroid.

I should add that every time I had the really painful chest episodes, it usually seemed related to the muscles loosening up. The first episode came after I took a prescribed muscle relaxant for instance. On the other hand, I had a friend who either got yanked or fell badly while water-skiing and had the same symptoms immediately and was told it was her chest cartilage out of whack. And I remember my older brother telling me once long ago that the doctors had told him some chest pains he was having was due to the cartilage moving, or something like that.

Last edited:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I personally developed slight heart pain when increasing thyroid function, and thankfully I found Peat talking about how this could be a simple magnesium deficiency bioenergetic search

Even when my heart is beating a little hard, I've now learned to take some magnesium chloride hexahydrate (about 500 mg, giving 50 mg of elemental magnesium) and immediately the heart calms down, and the pain subsides.
golden nugget

thank you

xeliex

Forum Supporter
A portable on-body battery operate red light has helped relieve such pains for me. I place it on my chest as I am falling asleep. I cannot do that at work though and sometimes the pain occurs there. Both, the costochondritis and the need for magnesium are a possibility for me.
1702314972381.png

Amazon product ASIN B089974KW7View: https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Portable-Irradiance-Performance-Included/dp/B089974KW7/ref=sr_1_5_pp?crid=MED5I25UQ2XW&keywords=battery+red+light+therapy&qid=1702314784&sprefix=battery+red+light+therapy%2Caps%2C112&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

TheSir

Anecdotal reports on social media don't constitute evidence.
So long as the sample size is sufficient, anecdotes absolutely do constitute evidence.

Or even if those reports were captured in journaled case reports and literature reviews, or direct sampling for such things
Yes, this is the case. There is both extensive research and countless anecdotes demonstrating the existence of the symptomology in question. Numerous biomarkers have been identified for the various forms of long covid. All of this information has been available for at least a year. To dispute this would be to choose a position of voluntary ignorance.

Furthermore, chest pain, persistent or not has been a common feature of the immune responses commonly known as cold and flu, and associated persistent syndromes, since time immemorial.
Quite so. Therefore, it is not surprising that the same symptom is seen post-covid too. Note that since the pandemic began, we have seen an exponential increase in chest pain without seeing a proportional increase in any flus or colds known to be able to cause this. It might be impossible for you to reconcile this.

. "Infection" with "corona" can't be proven by PCR or LFT, so the attribution can't be made.
You are arguing that because we don't know whether the individuals complaining of chest pain truly were infected with covid, we can't attribute the sharp uptick in prevalence of chest pain to a disease that is known to be
1) more infectious than every other circulating disease
2) presently infecting most of the population
3) capable of causing this particular symptom.
This is yet another fallacious non-sequitur. Though it is true that at individual level the person cannot be sure whether their chest pain is due to covid, at population level, however, the reality of faulty tests becomes inconsequential, as people are nevertheless getting ill with a novel pathology and ending up with long term complications from it.

Verdict: picking too thin?

Last edited:

ThinPicking

Yes I appear to have missed the memo about "various forms" of "long covid". Absolutely fascinating Donald. This changes everything.

Verdict: picking too thin?
More than happy to leave it to the observer at this point. Thank you.

Ben.

Is the pain underneath the sternum / ribs ... maybe slightly to the left or right of it?

TheSir

Yes I appear to have missed the memo about "various forms" of "long covid".
Without a humble and inquisitive attitude you are going to miss numerous things. You are going remain infatuated with your own views to the degree of feeling aggression towards those whose views diverge from yours, unable to respond to them rationally. Such behavior results in no perception, no thought and deranged action. In any case, thank you for sharing your views.

Last edited:

Jonk

Now my brother has also just experienced the exact same pain as me and my mum in the exact same place again and is in hospital waiting on tests and scans.
Vitamin D deficiency? I feel a little embarrassed suggesting this because vitamin D is my latest obsession so I might be projecting. Other than that do you have any digestive issues, if it could be related to pancreas, gallbladder etc?

ThinPicking

Without a humble and inquisitive attitude you are going to miss numerous things. You are going remain infatuated with your own views to the degree of feeling aggression towards those whose views diverge from yours, unable to respond to them rationally. Such behavior results in no perception, no thought and deranged action. In any case, thank you for sharing your views.
Well said, thank you Sir. Move along now.

(don't make a habit of arriving this way)

OP
L

leeteeh

Start simple, are you getting plenty of salt, potassium, calcium and magnesium? B vitamins?

One thing you might find interesting is that while researching something else I found out that a heart medication for fibrillation is basically modified iodine in the same way that synthetic progesterone was able to marketed. Iodine supplementation beyond 150mcg is not peaty, and you would also need to take selenium methionine.

Not a recommendation, just something to consider. I have posted on the iodine threads.
I could do with supplementing magnesium to be honest but I get plenty of the rest. Sometimes I may be a little low in some things like zinc and iron but not extremely low. Thanks for the suggestions also.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals