Experts Needed On This Issue

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Only you can decide if your situation is dire enough to warrant the x-ray. I understand though as I've been avoiding the dentist for the same reason! If I wasn't able to manage my dental health and see steady improvement I'd go and just try to use protective measures. We have some threads floating around on things protective when X-ray can't be avoided.
Thanks!

L

lollipop

I also like @Blossom have been avoiding the dentist because of the x-Ray’s! Expensive and they require them even for a cleaning urrrgh.

I also remember Ray saying red light just after helps mitigate any damage.

Hope this helps @TreasureVibe!

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I also like @Blossom have been avoiding the dentist because of the x-Ray’s! Expensive and they require them even for a cleaning urrrgh.

I also remember Ray saying red light just after helps mitigate any damage.

Hope this helps @TreasureVibe!
Thank you Lisa!

I'm not an expert, I've just worked with people with lung problems for a long time.
If you have an infection it would be better to get that cleared up before having a repeat PFT. If your other tests all come back normal a PFT might help pinpoint if there is any new significant breathing impairment that's developed over the last two years.

I found this link on how to make normal saline. I would boil the water to make it sterile. You could draw up 1ml using a baby medicine dropper from the pharmacy. I haven't found anything on making hypertonic saline yet.
https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-make-saline-solution-608142
So I tried the saline solution as instructed in the link, and it made some mucus come up, and made me a bit less coughy, and also it feels as if the inflammation has decreased just a little bit. I can also breathe more clearly which feels great. But I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed something stronger, to really get the job done thoroughly, like how it felt when I used the iodine. I'm afraid to use the iodine now though, as I think it gives me abnormal blood clot formation due to temporary hypo or hyperthyroidism. Right after having used the iodine, my right calf started hurting in a stingy way, on the inside. I'm sort of sure it is related to the iodine..

Would a hypertonic saline solution be better? And at what dosage of salt do I make it? Is it safe to just experiment myself and amp up the salt to see what dosage feels ''right'' when nebulizing? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hypertonic is often used in cystic fibrosis and it is more effective at breaking up really thick mucus. It can give some people bronchospasm so just be aware that it's not as gentle as normal saline. I have information on it that I can link for you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Here's a detailed discussion on making your own hypertonic saline at home.

Bronchiectasis R Us Forums

Using distilled water and pure salt like Mortons canning and pickling salt is very important imo.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Here's a detailed discussion on making your own hypertonic saline at home.

Bronchiectasis R Us Forums

Using distilled water and pure salt like Mortons canning and pickling salt is very important imo.
Thanks.. This might sound scary, but yesterday I took a total of 4 capsules of IP6 (recommended by Ray Peat) and the chest pain seemed to reduce, as if some metals were chelated away from it. I remember a year ago I took a copper capsule and felt pain on that same spot in the chest. So that spot is accumulating metals... I kind of hate to suggest it, but that could mean it's cancer right?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm glad IP6 helped. I would be cautious about assuming cancer. There are a couple ways I can speculate off the top of my head that IP6 could have helped you that don't point toward cancer-such as possibly reducing inflammation or infection.

Since you've had symptoms for a couple years I would think if you had lung cancer you would have experienced severe symptoms related to your breathing requiring hospitalization by now.
If you truly feel you have cancer you should probably get some imagining studies done to help confirm or rule out the presence of any tumors. If everything comes back fine you may want to consider exploring buteyko breathing.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I'm glad IP6 helped. I would be cautious about assuming cancer. There are a couple ways I can speculate off the top of my head that IP6 could have helped you that don't point toward cancer-such as possibly reducing inflammation or infection.

Since you've had symptoms for a couple years I would think if you had lung cancer you would have experienced severe symptoms related to your breathing requiring hospitalization by now.
If you truly feel you have cancer you should probably get some imagining studies done to help confirm or rule out the presence of any tumors. If everything comes back fine you may want to consider exploring buteyko breathing.
Thank you Blossom. What is fascinating as last night, I was coughing up mucus and I felt relief, even emotional relief, for some strange reason. I will continue using IP6 but is there a danger of becoming anaemic to your knowledge? And what can be imaging methods that are not carcinogenic by themselves?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
And what can be imaging
Imaging is just another way of saying anything that will provide an image of your lungs: MRI, CT, x-ray etc.
I'm not certain on IP6 and anemia unfortunately. Maybe you could start a new thread on the topic.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Imaging is just another way of saying anything that will provide an image of your lungs: MRI, CT, x-ray etc.
I'm not certain on IP6 and anemia unfortunately. Maybe you could start a new thread on the topic.
Sorry blossom I ment to say what imagining methods are not carcinogenic, but accidently posted my post already. I know MRI isn't I think, right?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I actually am starting to believe that the sensation that I am feeling, is this burning-ish sensation, that can be found exactly as where a CT scan once ''sliced'' me in half with its radiation. I remember being in the CT scan tube and noticing how I was being told that something went wrong and I had to sit still, I had the feeling I was being in there longer than I should, and I felt the exact same pain occuring back then for the first time, which I still feel right now.

Is reoccuring pain from a CT scan normal, and what can you do to heal it? @Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@TreasureVibe, I just remembered this breathing exercise device for clearing mucus and wanted to mention it to you as something you can read about if your still having issues. It's positive expiratory pressure and vibrates the lungs to help clear retained pulmonary secretions. I'm not sure if it would require a prescription in your country but you can get them online in the US.

https://www.amazon.com/Acapella-No-Model-ACAPELLA-DEVICE/dp/B00B9BP0OU

OP
T

TreasureVibe

@TreasureVibe, I just remembered this breathing exercise device for clearing mucus and wanted to mention it to you as something you can read about if your still having issues. It's positive expiratory pressure and vibrates the lungs to help clear retained pulmonary secretions. I'm not sure if it would require a prescription in your country but you can get them online in the US.

https://www.amazon.com/Acapella-No-Model-ACAPELLA-DEVICE/dp/B00B9BP0OU
Thank you!! I will check it out.