Chest Pains After Egg Consumption?

youngsinatra

Hey guys,

I'm observing an interesting sensation: every time I eat whole eggs, I get this kind of chest pain that lasts for a few hours, sometimes even until the next morning.
I don't feel that comfortable with this and also makes me a bit concerned about my heart health.

Back when I was ketogenic dieting, I had chest pain after every high-fat meal, especially after eggs or bulletproof coffee.
On a low-fat high carbohydrate diet everything works just fine and I don't have any pain. Maybe I am just better off with a low-fat esselstyn/pritikin diet.

Does anyone of you have the same problem?

Btw, I am 22yo old.

sladerunner69

I experience this too sometimes, especially after consuming a particularly high fat, high cholestrol cheat meal. For example steak and cheesecake (which I had on my birthday). It is understood that fat and cholesterol can thicken the blood, perhaps making the heart work a bit harder.

Gustav3Y

To be honest I have noticed hear pounding with mild chest pain after eating eggs, mainly upsetting heart pounding, pulse is not high when pounding.
I used to eat a lot of eggs in the past, after a while i tried to get back to eggs but strangely this time I found to have negative effects eating them.
I tried several times to pause and start again but this issue seems to be present.
Also seems to worse skin quality and aggravating face dermatitis.
Some have said that eggs need to be eaten with lots of carbs, but for me 50-75grams of carbs made no difference.
I personally do not drink coffee, so I cannot blame coffee from negative effects from eggs.

But it is a shame as they can be very tasty especially if not eaten back to back each day.

JKX

The nitrates in eggs can be a problem for some. Most likely gut bacteria related IMO as certain non-desirable aerobic bacteria types can respire using nitrates. Possible that they are increasing serotonin removal requirements from the lungs.

Or, simply might just be indigestion? Try a different brand? I have a local farm I go to where the chickens have a huge amount of space and are free to graze as they please. They are also fed scraps from the farm shop. They eggs they produce are vastly superior to those from a supermarket.

neuroplasma

I got this too from eating 1-2 eggs per day along with a dried egg cholesterol supplement. These would be consumed with a high carb meal. The chest pains were in the heart area and blood pressure ranged from 120-138/70-80 so high normal to slightly elevated.

That this is related to nitrates or indigestion seems implausible. I had a very high nitrate diet in the past with processed foods like deli meat & hot dogs and never had this issue. I periodically use charcoal and digestive enzymes to minimize endotoxin absorption. Drink coffee sporadically.

Diet is LFHC in a caloric surplus with about 10-15% calories coming from fat. Without the eggs it would be closer to 10%. I've had a reduction in chest pains from completely cutting coffee, lowering sodium (salt, sodium bicarbonate), stopping the supplement and lowering egg consumption to twice weekly. Aerobic exercise also seems to reduce the chest pain, but it hasn't gone away completely.