What Do I Do When I Am Reacting To Almost Everything

BearWithMe

Do you have any other symptoms of dehydration? Are you urinating a lot? How is your daily fluid intake?

OP
gately

gately

The thing is, when your hormones are deranged, you can eat all the minerals and electrolytes you want, the body won't retain them. Have you ever tried boron supplementation?
Do you have any bloodwork done regarding your hormones?
Also, the fact that protein restriction helps you might suggest that you have some kind of bacterial overgrowth - the kind of bacteria that feeds on protein. And iodine is very effective antiseptic. Are you getting enough biotin?
I haven't done any hormone bloodwork in quite a while. Last I checked, estrogen panel was fine, testosterone was fine. I suppose I could do more investigation with hormone testing.

I tried a boron supplement recently and didn't like how I felt (I'm crazy sensitive to everything after all, which is what this thread is about: why most foods are causing insane brain reactions.) But I can't find my notes of what it did. It probably wasn't severe. My boron on hair analysis looks good, which some people think is a valid test for that.

I'm aware iodine is an antiseptic. I've trialed moderately high doses in the past (like a 6mg here and there for short time periods). I never liked how I felt on such high doses so I backed off. A little bit of kelp or just iodine rich seafood seems to be all I need.

I was getting enough biotin from egg yolks, probably at least 3 a day. I'm not eating eggs currently because I seem to have begun reacting to them. I was noticing on days I had them I'd have air hunger at night.

I should be clear here: my weird protein / sweating issue was going on for ten years. (I have Crohn's which I've never been able to get into full remission. To what degree that's contributed to these issues, who knows, probably likely.) These food reactions that give me these brain reactions, this is new.

OP
gately

gately

Do you have any other symptoms of dehydration? Are you urinating a lot? How is your daily fluid intake?
I drink about 3 liters of water daily. I'd say I'm pretty thirsty, but not bizarrely so? I don't urinate a lot. I'd say I urinate less than the average person: 3 or 4 times day.

BearWithMe

I drink about 3 liters of water daily. I'd say I'm pretty thirsty, but not bizarrely so? I don't urinate a lot. I'd say I urinate less than the average person: 3 or 4 times day.
And how much fluids are you getting from foods you eat? Milk, dairy products, even meat?

OP
gately

gately

And how much fluids are you getting from foods you eat? Milk, dairy products, even meat?
It varies. I've been drinking a lot of goat milk lately. Sometimes even a liter a day.

I also eat a lot of fresh steaks, baked potatoes, French bread, boiled green beans, salted butter, sometime boiled carrots, garlic. Sea salt to taste. I'll also eat liver pate, shrimp, lobster, and chocolate throughout the week when I crave them. Lime juice with water when I want some. Some Gerolsteiner occasionally for extra minerals, but it dehydrates me. I find only Fiji water or tap water relieves my thirst, so I mostly consume Fiji. I've assumed the reason Fiji hydrated me was because of the very high silica content, but a variety of silica supplements didn't do anything for me. It's electrolyte profile is unremarkable compared to other spring waters, from what I recall.

Edit: I also eat Masa Harina products, will eat out once a week for Mexican, and eat a variety of Cheeses, usually some imported Swiss.

BearWithMe

There you go. I would also feel absolutely horrible if my total fluid intake would be over 4 liters a day. You are flushing out your electrolytes and you are messing up your digestion, slowing down the transit time, which leads to SIBO, endotoxin production, poor absorbtion of nutrients and various other things.

OP
gately

gately

There you go. I would also feel absolutely horrible if my total fluid intake would be over 4 liters a day. You are flushing out your electrolytes and you are messing up your digestion, slowing down the transit time, which leads to SIBO, endotoxin production, poor absorbtion of nutrients and various other things.
Well I'm going to feel terrible if I'm thirsty all day. Not going to ignore my body's signals. That's a fast train to worse problems, in my experience. That said, I guess I could try intentionally lowering my salt intake and see if that helps me drink less water? Maybe I've been consuming too much salt...

@gately Have you seen this thread >Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Caused By The Same Bacteria That Causes Crohn's

It might have some relevance for you, it may not.
I can't imagine what Crohn's is like and I hope you get better.
Thanks. I've seen all the mentions of Crohn's on the forum. It's a complicated illness, especially in my case.

OP
gately

gately

Also, wait a minute. Before I was guzzling a liter of goat milk a day, I was just having the usual 3 liters of water a day (about that) plus the above foods. Goat milk in these quantities has been a recent addition. So you really think my issues could be from drinking 3 liters of water a day?

BearWithMe

Well I'm going to feel terrible if I'm thirsty all day. Not going to ignore my body's signals. That's a fast train to worse problems, in my experience. That said, I guess I could try intentionally lowering my salt intake and see if that helps me drink less water? Maybe I've been consuming too much salt...

You are so thirsty because you are constantly flushing out all your electrolytes. Your body is unable to retain the water because of that, and the dehydration is causing the thirst. It is a vicious cycle.

You are going to have to stop listening to that body signal if you want to fix your health. Drinking over 4 liters of fluids a day is not normal.

By reducing the salt intake, you are going to pour the gasoline on fire.

OP
gately

gately

You are so thirsty because you are constantly flushing out all your electrolytes. Your body is unable to retain the water because of that, and the dehydration is causing the thirst. It is a vicious cycle.

You are going to have to stop listening to that body signal if you want to fix your health. Drinking over 4 liters of fluids a day is not normal.

By reducing the salt intake, you are going to pour the gasoline on fire.
Homie, it's more like 3 liters a day. The milk, as I've said, is a recent addition. 3 liters of water is not THAT abnormal, man. I'm just drinking water to thirst. I'm 6'2, 200 pounds, and am moderately active in the sun most days.

I can try to restricting my water--I'll try anything once--but it sounds like a horrible idea. Thanks for your input though.

Edit: I don't why I'm failing to mention that 3 liters is the TOP end. There's plenty of days where it's more like 2.5 liters.

LLight

Per my new obsession and the reasons given below, I would advise you to supplement with molybdenum.

In plants, it is used in the metabolism of osmolytes and for water homeostasis in case of dehydration.

In mammals, the transcription factor NFAT5 is involved in osmolytes transport and synthesis. This transcription factor also happens to be low in people who have Crohn's. I can link/repost the data if you are interested.

Molybdenum is also involved in sulfur metabolism while the sulfate molecule could be at the basis of water structure in cells. Could unstructured water be the cause of dehydration?

OP
gately

gately

Per my new obsession and the reasons given below, I would advise you to supplement with molybdenum.

In plants, it is used in the metabolism of osmolytes and for water homeostasis in case of dehydration.

In mammals, the transcription factor NFAT5 is involved in osmolytes transport and synthesis. This transcription factor also happens to be low in people who have Crohn's. I can link/repost the data if you are interested.

Molybdenum is also involved in sulfur metabolism while the sulfate molecule could be at the basis of water structure in cells. Could unstructured water be the cause of dehydration?
Incidentally, I tried some recently. (My hair levels are normal.) Wasn’t a good reaction, but I’m willing to try it again.

LLight

I'm realizing one of my previous post about the connection between Crohn's and NFAT5 was in one of your thread:

Immunodeficiency and Autoimmune Enterocolopathy Linked to NFAT5 Haploinsufficiency

"NFAT5 expression is reduced in patients with inflammatory bowel disease

To determine whether the link between reduced NFAT5 expression and autoimmunity might be generalizable to other immune-mediated diseases, we examined NFAT5 mRNA expression in intestinal tissue biopsies from patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC), which together comprise IBD, are believed to result from an aberrant immune response to commensal gut microbes, leading to chronic intestinal inflammation. Compared to healthy controls, we observed that NFAT5 mRNA expression was significantly reduced in patients with active UC and CD (Fig. 7), raising the possibility that NFAT5 and other components of the osmoadaptation pathway may be dysregulated in IBD."

That's unfortunate that you react badly to molybdenum. I had read that for some people, it inversely reduced digestion issues and reactivity to foods.

Last edited:

LLight

I'm wondering, if molybdenum/boron supplementation allows the expression of NFAT5, which is also by the way linked to the immune system (and detoxification enzymes CYP3A4), could it induce some sort of detoxification reaction?

Last edited:

Amazigh

3. squeeze the oranges, then separate all the components of the juice mechanically and chemically. Store the various components in huge tanks - sometimes for years. Then mix it with flavors and preservatives, bottle it, and sell it before it separates again. This is sold as fresh squeezed, because it's never been frozen.

Eeuw, yeah... It was fresh when it was squeezed--like 5 years ago lol

HeyThere

Electrolytes require: Potassium, Sodium, and Magnesium. With one missing you won't get properly hydrated. Try those hydration drinks like drip drop powder. I have a family member who drank one and she was saying "No way am I feeling more stable when I walk and just better oveall from one drink?" I said, oh yes, absolutely possible because sometimes it does that to me as well.

For liver and kidney cleanse: Drink dandelion tea and milk thistle tea.

Are you sensitive to aspirin? That is a huge question I would need to know for a possible diagnosis to your symptoms like "allergic to all vegetables" etc. What about fruits?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals