Father admitted to hospital with pneumonia, what to do?

rei

opinions vary quite a bit on dosing, IMO correct amount is that which barely starts to change the color of urine, which differs greatly from one situation to other.

chimpanzee

First of all best wishes, I hope everything will get better. As for treatment I'd like more experienced forum members to chime in on melatonin since Ray Peat calls it a stress hormone if I'm not mistaken and links it with increased morbidity during winter. Even in conventional medicine it is known to cause mixed responses at best on autoimmune conditions, some studies reporting improvements and others worsening. I would be cautious about supplementing if we go by the principle of "first, do no harm."

If we stick to things that have no downside but a big potential upside I would focus on red light therapy. Since morning and evening sunlight is out of the question in hospital, if my father was in that situation (assuming I was allowed to visit) I would buy one of these portable red light therapy units and shine it directly on his chest for 5-15 minutes every day and also use it on myself. Joov popularized them but it is kind of pricey. One of the most affordable ones you can find is MitoMIN. It is kind of known that mito actually buys these panels from a chinese company called Sgrow so you can actually find the same panel (admittedly with worse quality control for EMFs etc.) in aliexpress for a fraction of the price.

Ray Peat has talked about how red light supports a healthy metabolism and there is plenty of science (LLLT) that it works for all kinds of conditions. You can't get a sunburn from it, it won't burn you and the only known side effect of overdosing is that the benefits are negated but it's not harmful (same as not doing it basically). Moreover, there is even science that points to it being effective to treat pneumonia and cytokine storms in covid specifically.

This would be my first stop before considering other things. I personally have benefited from it for an autoimmune condition. Good luck to you and your family.

P.S. If stopping melatonin helps and you can trace worsening to melatonin (not saying it's likely, but just in case) consider using a white light box (ones used to treat SAD) during daytime to reduce melatonin. A lack of natural light and circadian rhythm disruption is one of the reasons hospitals can cause a worsening of symptoms.

Screenshot_20210402-210807.jpg

Nemo

Take a look, protocols for different stages, all including ivermectin, very detailed description. You can show it to a doctor.

This Marik protocol found no benefit to HCQ. Richard Fleming, MD's study found a huge benefit to HCQ. Every protocol that healed 99-100% of patients used HCQ.

And there wasn't a single death among patients who took HCQ prophylactically.

Fleming used steroids as well, from time of hospital admission, with great success. Kind of makes me mistrust this Marik info, although it looks useful for ivermectin treatment.

Might want to look at Fleming's protocols as well. It's in his masterclass video here: COVID-19 | Fleming Method

Perry Staltic

Fleming used steroids as well, from time of hospital admission, with great success. Kind of makes me mistrust this Marik info, although it looks useful for ivermectin treatment.

Marik's protocol is good, but not the best. He and the FLCCC group use methylprednisolone, which can have some horrible side effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals