Covid 19 pneumonia

OP
A

AndrewGesell

Is he on any other pharma drugs particularly diabetes or cholesterol? Also sometimes less is more. Aspirin at reasonable doses is quite a powerful drug for these things even without other things, besides antibiotics if truly needed for secondary infections. Can you be more detailed with the "usual progression of the disease," many people present in many different ways. The order of symptoms matter for proper diagnosis as I dont think sarscov2 is the root issue, the viral presence is gone after about 3 days. Depending on how bad the pollution is where you live there might be a high correlation, as outcomes seem directly tied to it.
Care package:
Zinc 50
D3 10,000
Aspirin 325

Day 1-6 care package only

Day 1-2 Cold symptoms
Day 3-4 Feeling of unwell
Day 5-6 start of fevers and general unwellness

Day 7 Ivermectin 12 mg
High fever, lethargy, no appetite
Sp02 95

Day 8 Ivermectin 42 mg - threw up 30 min later
High fever 102.7, lethargy, no appetite
Sp02 94-95

Day 9 Ivermectin 24 mg + Dexamethasone 6 mg
Fever 102, little appetite
Sp02 low of 90 (AM), high of 94
Supplemental Oxygen 30 min in AM

Day 10 Ivermectin 24 mg
Added Quercetin 500 mg to care package
Fever 101.7, tired but ate
Sp02 low of 89 (late AM), high of 93, most constant 92
Supplemental Oxygen a little at night, 30 min during day when dropping to 89

They said it was covid pneumonia. There is some pollution out here in Phx

Perry Staltic

Care package:
Zinc 50
D3 10,000
Aspirin 325

50 mg is typical upper limit for normal-sized healthy person. Your brother is a big boy. If I were in his shoes I'd up it to 75-100 mg until he gets through this. Also some types are more absorbable than others. Add selenium so it can liberate zinc from its transporter protein. Selenium is also anti-inflammatory.

Perry Staltic

If your brother does have to go to the hospital talk with the doctor(s) to practice permissive hypoxemia. That's letting patients with lower blood sats work through their illness instead of freaking out because blood sat < 90 and throwing them on a ventilator (because they don't know what else to do), which introduces all kinds of iatrogenic mayhem/carnage and typically worsens gas exchange in covid patients' lungs; but they blame it on the virus, of course. This MD has blood sat of 88 and is fine. Click on dates to view full twitter thread.

Perry Staltic

Here's an example of doctors practicing permissive hypoxemia instead of ventilating. Unfortunately, most US doctors don't have this skill, but some do. That's why it's good to do your homework beforehand (like you're doing) and find a hospital that eschews mechanical ventilation, like this guy did.

When he was diagnosed with COVID-19, Andre Bergmann knew exactly where he wanted to be treated: the Bethanien hospital lung clinic in Moers, near his home in northwestern Germany.

The clinic is known for its reluctance to put patients with breathing difficulties on mechanical ventilators - the kind that involve tubes down the throat.
The 48-year-old physician, father of two and aspiring triathlete worried that an invasive ventilator would be harmful. But soon after entering the clinic, Bergmann said, he struggled to breathe even with an oxygen mask, and felt so sick the ventilator seemed inevitable.
Even so, his doctors never put him on a machine that would breathe for him. A week later, he was well enough to go home.

Special Report: as Virus Advances, Doctors Rethink Rush to Ventilate​

Perry Staltic

Care package:
Zinc 50
D3 10,000
Aspirin 325

I'd add magnesium to this. It's necessary when taking so much D3, plus I just read on Hans' blog that Mg "inhibits platelet activity, which means, less free serotonin and histamine." Also add K2 when dosing that much D3.

LucyL

It sounds like you've got most of this covered! (I would personally skip the melatonin).

COVID protocal.jpg

The FLCCC website might be more helpful.

tankasnowgod

Hey,

New Ray Peat forum user, big Generative Energy fan.

My brother, Ben, came down with Covid last Monday. He went through the progression of the disease and his o2 dropped to 90 yesterday morning. We had him brought to the hospital where his vitals were checked. Thankfully was able to convince my parents to get o2 machine instead of leaving him there. Checked on him all last night - o2 fluctuating between 91 and 94. HIs fever went away and the pneumonia diagnosis was thankfully minimal (still bad).

Ben is 29 years old, 450 lbs, with no other major co-morbidities. We started him on ivermectin on Monday (day 7) 12 mg, far below the recommended dose of .6 per pound of body weight (digital doctor prescribed 42 mg daily). He took Gericare 325mg aspirin two days, but yesterday took 6mg of dexamethasone. I was able to get some doxycycline as well. Zinc 50 mg daily, probably 2000mg Vitamin C daily and 10k it’s Vitamin D now.

Some of you already responded to my profile post - thank you, Blossom and others for the useful information. I am faced with many questions on how to proceed. Continue Ivermectin regiment? Employ doxycycline? Aspirin or Dexamethasone? Alternative treatments like added coq10, cordyceps? None the doctor endorses - she has only suggested he wait until ICU for dexamethasone... His fever has started rising again to 101, he’s feeling nauseous and although his oxygen remains fine I don’t know what this will bring later tonight.

I feel my brother may be fighting for his life soon and I don’t want to wait until he’s in critical care to make decisions. Even then I would want a last ditch effort like Methylene blue (on hand) to be ready. Thoughts?

My only thought is that, due to his weight, he might require higher doses of various substances to have an effect. Most of the time, dosages are given assuming most men weigh around 170 pounds. I don't want to speak to prescription drugs, but for something like vitamin D (which is fat soluble), you might want to try a dose about 2-4x higher. I've personally taken doses of vitamin D up to 50,000 iu a day for a few months, and didn't experience any negatives. Something around that dose or less for a few weeks is likely very safe.

Also, if going the vitamin C route, the doctors that recommend it go much higher than 2000mg when fighting off a cold/flu/infection, or such. Here's Robert Cathcart (mentioned in one of Linus Pauling's books) talking about higher doses of C-

Notice he talks about people with colds taking up to 60g a day, up to 150g for the flu, and a 98 pound lady with mono took a pound over two days (over 200g a day).

Perry Staltic

Also, if going the vitamin C route, the doctors that recommend it go much higher than 2000mg when fighting off a cold/flu/infection, or such. Here's Robert Cathcart (mentioned in one of Linus Pauling's books) talking about higher doses of C-

Yeah I think more C is good idea. I have read that taking liposomal C along with regular C increases total absorption greater than either one alone because they use different routes. If I were hospitalized I'd ask for IV 500 mg/hr, to start.

tankasnowgod

Yeah I think more C is good idea. I have read that taking liposomal C along with regular C increases total absorption greater than either one alone because they use different routes. If I were hospitalized I'd ask for IV 500 mg/hr, to start.

I don't think there is anything to "liposomal C," if anything, it's a gimmick. IV ascorbate is a good idea.

If anything, oxidizing C to DHAA might increase absorption-

He talks about absorption rates around the 12 minute mark.

Instead of using the green vegetables, you could always use Methylene Blue. @ecstatichamster made a thread about it, where Haidut talked about it in a live stream-

Perry Staltic

I don't think there is anything to "liposomal C," if anything, it's a gimmick. IV ascorbate is a good idea.

If anything, oxidizing C to DHAA might increase absorption-

He talks about absorption rates around the 12 minute mark.

Instead of using the green vegetables, you could always use Methylene Blue. @ecstatichamster made a thread about it, where Haidut talked about it in a live stream-

Would calcium ascorbate work in that reaction?

Zpol

Your doctor sounds worthless. Consider contacting SpeakwithanMD. They can diagnose, advise and prescribe. They might be able to tell you of a hospital near you that isn't quick on the trigger to intubate.

May I ask; do you know if they prescribe ivermectin, Losartan (or Candesartan), or doxycycline (or azithromycin) for COVID?

If so maybe they could help the OP with dosages taking into consideration his size.

Perry Staltic

May I ask; do you know if they prescribe ivermectin, Losartan (or Candesartan), or doxycycline (or azithromycin) for COVID?

If so maybe they could help the OP with dosages taking into consideration his size.

Don't know about Losartan, but yes to all the rest. I agree they could probably be greatly beneficial. They diagnose/consult remotely and have meds shipped to your door, same day sometimes. Americas Frontline Doctors recommends them.

Zpol

Don't know about Losartan, but yes to all the rest. I agree they could probably be greatly beneficial. They diagnose/consult remotely and have meds shipped to your door, same day sometimes. Americas Frontline Doctors recommends them.
Thanks! good to know.

I forgot about Americas Frontline Doctors. I meant to keep tabs on them.

RealNeat

Care package:
Zinc 50
D3 10,000
Aspirin 325

Day 1-6 care package only

Day 1-2 Cold symptoms
Day 3-4 Feeling of unwell
Day 5-6 start of fevers and general unwellness

Day 7 Ivermectin 12 mg
High fever, lethargy, no appetite
Sp02 95

Day 8 Ivermectin 42 mg - threw up 30 min later
High fever 102.7, lethargy, no appetite
Sp02 94-95

Day 9 Ivermectin 24 mg + Dexamethasone 6 mg
Fever 102, little appetite
Sp02 low of 90 (AM), high of 94
Supplemental Oxygen 30 min in AM

Day 10 Ivermectin 24 mg
Added Quercetin 500 mg to care package
Fever 101.7, tired but ate
Sp02 low of 89 (late AM), high of 93, most constant 92
Supplemental Oxygen a little at night, 30 min during day when dropping to 89

They said it was covid pneumonia. There is some pollution out here in Phx
I think he will recover fine, I don't see a huge reason for concern besides the publicity of this virus causing psychological harm.

OP
A

AndrewGesell

I think he will recover fine, I don't see a huge reason for concern besides the publicity of this virus causing psychological harm.
Thanks. We hope so too. He’s off oxygen most of the day with normal levels now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals