Post hospitalization overgrowth of Citrobacter koseri found in urinalysis

Skirtious

Hello, first time poster, I came across the word “endotoxin” in an ebook a few months ago and googled it, opened a link to a Weston Price review of an interview with Dr. Peat, and was so impressed by the multiple indignant reader comments about the author’s treatment of Peat and his positions that I felt compelled to find out who he was. So glad I did! Very sorry that he has passed, I knew he was in his mid 80s when I came along and that was concerning, but I’m glad I got to hear him a few times on Danny Roddy’s show and will continue to track down interviews. I am very appreciative of this forum and the others who talk about his work and all these things.

Currently hoping I can get some help with ideas, direction, search words. My 79 year old brother was hospitalized with covid last year and, probably related to this, has a high amount of Citrobacter koseri bacteria in his urine. Doc wants to use cipro against it, which has a lot of risks just at conventional level, let alone for somebody trying to recover good balance and health. Brother has asked if doxycycline or amoxicillin may be good alternatives, although I suppose those would be at very high doses if the doctor consents, but those seem to be generally safer, does that sound right?

This is an important thing to get into balance as it can spring up quickly and lead to an emergency like sepsis, would you agree?

Any ideas or experiences dealing with this?

In reading a wide variety of posts, I came across MMS on this forum, (I have not been able to find anything Ray Peat has to say about it) but I am wondering if that may be a reasonable approach to this bacterial overgrowth—any thoughts appreciated.

General question: How do people navigate prescribed medicines and Ray Peat’s practices and strategies; do they do both until there is improvement, or give up the prescriptions up front? I have no prescriptions and have been doing very well adding pregnenalone, ndt, eating eggs, milk, carrot salad, coffee, sugar, fruit, and cutting pufa, but this brother and a kid of mine have a number of issues for which they are taking prescription medicines.

They don’t have the interest to dig around and experiment as much as me, but they are open to trying things that may be helpful. I’m sure people must have a lot of experience with this-- any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you! I am so glad to be able to participate in this forum.

OP
Skirtious

Skirtious

Just continuing to look for things and saw on a reddit post that Citrobacter is asscoiated with SIBO, will be looking into that. Have him on a raw carrot daily, cascara sagrada, a capsule of probiotics. Lots here on SIBO!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals