Full blown metabolic syndrome and diabetes

xeliex

Forum Supporter
My 40 year old friend just got his blood tests back due to c/o polydipsia and polyuria.

His blood glucose came back over 250 mg/dL and his glycosylated hemoglobin 12%!

His lipids where terribly high too - high cholesterol, high triglycerides.

He is on synthroid and has been for a long time - his TSH was 1.5 mU/L

Doctor suspects post covid DM and metabolic syndrome exacerbation. He had covid and is triple or quad jabbed and gotten sick with every jab.

He is starting basal insulin and metformin now.

Any advice or guidance you can give would be appreciated.

I already counseled him about proper diet - peatarian / pro-metabolic.

Thanks.

Note: highly likely with familial hyperlipidemia / hypercholesterolemia.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Truely low fat (<10% fat of total calories), moderate protein and high carbohydrate diet with starchy carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits and very lean animal protein (beef, bison, wild game, chicken breast, low fat dairy)

There is a program called „Mastering Diabetes“ which reversed type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome in thousands of people by eating a very low fat and very high carbohydrate diet.

I don‘t agree with their viewpoint that all animal products should be avoided, though. I think lean animal products are absolutely fine.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enIvfC985U8&t=1s

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Truely low fat (<10% fat of total calories), moderate protein and high carbohydrate diet with starchy carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits and very lean animal protein (beef, bison, wild game, chicken breast, low fat dairy)

There is a program called „Mastering Diabetes“ which reversed type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome in thousands of people by eating a very low fat and very high carbohydrate diet.

I don‘t agree with their viewpoint that all animal products should be avoided, though. I think lean animal products are absolutely fine.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enIvfC985U8&t=1s

Thank you so much for this. Will take a look. I am concerned he is bathing in a sea of pufa now...

Peachy

Clean up his gut and liver. Endotoxin can be a big player here. Get his blood sugar balanced through diet. I’d look into his thyroid function too.

This type of health crash happened to my dad at age 40. He did the metformin/statin route and the side effects aren’t great, plus the root issues aren’t resolved. I think it was rooted in endotoxin and hypothyroidism.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Clean up his gut and liver. Endotoxin can be a big player here. Get his blood sugar balanced through diet. I’d look into his thyroid function too.

This type of health crash happened to my dad at age 40. He did the metformin/statin route and the side effects aren’t great, plus the root issues aren’t resolved. I think it was rooted in endotoxin and hypothyroidism.
I agree.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals