OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Jump to search
Medroxyprogesterone acetate

Medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA), also known as depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA) and sold under the brand name Depo-Provera among others, is a hormonal medication of the progestin type.[9][4] It is used as a method of birth control and as a part of menopausal hormone therapy.[9][4] It is also used to treat endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, abnormal sexuality in males, and certain types of cancer, among other indications.[9] The medication is available both alone and in combination with an estrogen.[10][11] It is taken by mouth or by injection into a muscle or fat.[9]

Common side effects include menstrual disturbances such as absence of periods, abdominal pain, and headaches.[9] More serious side effects include bone loss, blood clots, allergic reactions, and liver problems.[9] Use is not recommended during pregnancy as it may harm the baby.[9] MPA is an artificial progestogen, and as such activates the progesterone receptor, the biological target of progesterone.[4] It also has weak androgenic and glucocorticoid activity but no other important hormonal activity.[4] Due to its progestogenic activity, MPA decreases the body's release of gonadotropins and can suppress sex hormone levels.[12] It works as a form of birth control by preventing ovulation. - Wikipedia

completlety different acetate IMO. Depo-Provera?...pharma drug...

Don't know, those were Peat's words. I was quoting just the part about aspirin.

Obi-wan

Don't know, those were Peat's words. I was quoting just the part about aspirin.

I liked that part...getting a nice feeling with the ACV/BS/Aspirin combo

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals