InChristAlone

I was going through a nervous system on high alert because of coffee, and then withdrawal from caffeine. I was house bound for 2 months. Cypro helped me feel sane again. And yes I did gain weight. But my BMI is still okay. Will be working on losing stubborn belly fat. I mean move on to better things when your nervous system calms down. Depends what better means for you. The only thing I take everyday now is vitamin C. Niacinamide could be a good substitute for cypro. I also used it concomitantly.

Energizer

Everything is « official » until another study pops up to proove otherwise.

It was official that dairy was good for your bones, then it was official that it caused ostheoporosis and inflammation.
It was official that sugar was good for you, now we find it responsible for diabetes and cancer.
It was official that gluten-rich foods were a good source of fiber, now we know gluten is pro-inflammatory.

Let’s be humble and not title anything « it’s official »

Glucose and sucrose for diabetes.

managing

What do primal people have to do with modern people?

Fat consumption has changed much more radically than sugar consumption. But that is not a sufficient explanation either (by itself).

EndAllDisease

More good reasons to avoid undigestible starches and grains. I wish there was a way to break down the starches in potatoes better. I love the taste of potatoes but they absolutely rock my gut everytime, which is obvious because I get all gassy as the bacteria begin eating it and pumping out methane.

Energizer

So what would you say diabetes is due to if not sugar?

Why has there been an increase of diabetes since there is sugar and everything?

Why is there no history of diabetes in primal men?

Polyunsaturated fats tend to cause diabetes and other degenerative diseases. One mechanism is they disrupt how sugar is handled by the pancreas. Ray's research has been central to studying the effects of polyunsaturated fats and their relationship to degenerative diseases. Animals fed high PUFA diet develop cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and die prematurely. None of this is new information if people read Ray's articles. His work is a lot broader than people might think at first glance. (The common mistake is to think there's a "Peat diet" or this or that is "Peaty" but that often turns into mistaking Peat for an authority figure which he himself stated that he isn't). As to why there's no history of diabetes in cavemen, I would wager a guess that they ate healthier than the standard American diet and lower PUFA especially. Ray is also not the only one to write about the relationship between PUFAS and degeneration, Fred A. Kummerow also has researched the harmful effects of PUFA. The increase of diabetes could easily be explained by the rapid rise of PUFA in the diet, distortion of food supply and lack of a nutritious diet in general.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

tara

When will anti-serotonin drugs be available to the masses?
They already are/have been in some countries.
Would enemas aid in flushing out serotonin from the gut?

I can attest that after having had 2 enemas I felt much more relaxed and low serotonin.
Could have removed some endotoxin and estrogen and maybe other problematic wastes to good effect?
I think of diabetes as a difficulty in metabolising sugars. Can't oxidise sugars adequately to produce energy, so they build up in the blood. That doesn't mean sugar always causes it. Could be due to:
  • Death or failure to renew enough of the insulin-producing pancreatic cells. There can be various sources of damage or hindrance to regeneration of those cells: eg poisons, nutritional deficiencies, extreme stresses of various kinds.
  • Insulin-resistance at the cellular level, at a stage when the pancreas is producing insulin, but the cells in body tissues don't have all the other things they need to oxidise the sugar into energy, or something is blocking hte process.
Maybe excessive sugars (from starch or disaccharides or monosaccharides) along with deficiencies in some of the other nutrients needed, might sometimes be part of the picture.
Lots of other things have changed too that may have contributed to metabolic changes on a population scale, eg:
  • In many countries, PUFA consumption has gone up dramatically since the development of refining practices have put bottled seed oils and seedoil-based a margarines on supermarket shelves. More dramatically than 'sugar' consumption.
  • Mineral and vitamin deficient foods increasing (soils becoming more depleted, industrial agricultural and distribution practices etc), and other refined foods in addition to sugars and PUFAs
  • Exposure to harmful food additives, contamination and environmental toxins, etc
  • Changes in internal micrbiome populations
  • Changes in exposure to sunlight, artificial light and darkness
  • Changes in work/exercise patterns
  • Changes in circadian patterns, timing and duration of relaxation, sleep and work
  • Societally influenced stresses
Don't know, but maybe lack of history for primal men? But if it's true that they, and the primal women, were less prone to diabetes, one might hypothesise: plenty of minerals, daylight, exercise, and lack of some of today's chronic toxins and stresses, as well as lack of access to excesses of refined foods including sucrose. I came across someone recently who was learning from a tribal group about their ongoing traditional eating habits, and the men apparently eat a lot of honey.

If you you're interested in some of Peat's view on sugar and diabetes, here're a couple of articles on his website:

T

TheBeard

They already are/have been in some countries.

Could have removed some endotoxin and estrogen and maybe other problematic wastes to good effect?

I think of diabetes as a difficulty in metabolising sugars. Can't oxidise sugars adequately to produce energy, so they build up in the blood. That doesn't mean sugar always causes it. Could be due to:
  • Death or failure to renew enough of the insulin-producing pancreatic cells. There can be various sources of damage or hindrance to regeneration of those cells: eg poisons, nutritional deficiencies, extreme stresses of various kinds.
  • Insulin-resistance at the cellular level, at a stage when the pancreas is producing insulin, but the cells in body tissues don't have all the other things they need to oxidise the sugar into energy, or something is blocking hte process.
Maybe excessive sugars (from starch or disaccharides or monosaccharides) along with deficiencies in some of the other nutrients needed, might sometimes be part of the picture.

Lots of other things have changed too that may have contributed to metabolic changes on a population scale, eg:
  • In many countries, PUFA consumption has gone up dramatically since the development of refining practices have put bottled seed oils and seedoil-based a margarines on supermarket shelves. More dramatically than 'sugar' consumption.
  • Mineral and vitamin deficient foods increasing (soils becoming more depleted, industrial agricultural and distribution practices etc), and other refined foods in addition to sugars and PUFAs
  • Exposure to harmful food additives, contamination and environmental toxins, etc
  • Changes in internal micrbiome populations
  • Changes in exposure to sunlight, artificial light and darkness
  • Changes in work/exercise patterns
  • Changes in circadian patterns, timing and duration of relaxation, sleep and work
  • Societally influenced stresses

Don't know, but maybe lack of history for primal men? But if it's true that they, and the primal women, were less prone to diabetes, one might hypothesise: plenty of minerals, daylight, exercise, and lack of some of today's chronic toxins and stresses, as well as lack of access to excesses of refined foods including sucrose. I came across someone recently who was learning from a tribal group about their ongoing traditional eating habits, and the men apparently eat a lot of honey.

If you you're interested in some of Peat's view on sugar and diabetes, here're a couple of articles on his website:

Thanks.

I’m still having a hard time transitioning from Paleo to Peat, but I’m willing to learn.

Ideonaut

That is the medical definition of evil. Lack of emotion is the giveaway of a psychopath. The people we think usually of as evil - i.e. causing harm and experiencing maniacal joy doing it, are mostly movie creations. True evil, as in serial killers, is just that - lack of any empathy and just following the defined (not perceived) goal mechanically. So, pharma companies are evil, as is any other robotic, zombified behavior commonly referred to as "business as usual".
You're a brilliant thinker and writer, Haidut--it's always a pleasure to read your stuff.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
You're a brilliant thinker and writer, Haidut--it's always a pleasure to read your stuff.

Thanks, you are every kind! I do my best, probably not very smart but I try to stay as open minded as possible.

Last edited:

Jem Oz

Cypro has been THE wonder drug for me. Definition of a game-changer. Has even led to some mystical experiences, no jokes. It's taken me a while to face facts but it's definitely led to unwanted weight gain. I'm coming off it now, hopefully it's worked its magic.

tankasnowgod

Aside from PUFA, the other big one is excess body iron stores. Iron intake is higher than it has been since 1909 (when they started measuring), plus, less is lost to activity (due to a more sedentary lifestyle), lack of intestinal worms, and bloodletting going out of style in the late 19th century. Pretty much every study that tests this hypothesis shows that iron reduction improves glucose tolerance and uptake into the cell.

Cirion

Actually, total sugar has barely changed over the years. What has changed is natural fructose intake (decreased, less fruit intake) and increase of "Dead" food (high fructose
corn syrup).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/U.s.sugarconsumption.2.jpg

Fruit is also the most energizing food available to man.

Earth Song - Angstrom Energy of Food

By replacing high energizing food with dead foods it should be no surprise that obesity and cancer has increased.

Diabetes is a fairly modern phenomenon because people eat "dead" foods on a regular basis. Highly processed, not fresh, not natural foods, foods that are not energetic and not conducive to life-giving properties. That and people live way too stressful lives which certainly does not help. And get exposed to unnatural EMF from technology, and spend little to no time in nature and the sun anymore.

tankasnowgod

Actually, total sugar has barely changed over the years. What has changed is natural fructose intake (decreased, less fruit intake) and increase of "Dead" food (high fructose
corn syrup).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/U.s.sugarconsumption.2.jpg

Fruit is also the most energizing food available to man.

Earth Song - Angstrom Energy of Food

By replacing high energizing food with dead foods it should be no surprise that obesity and cancer has increased.

Diabetes is a fairly modern phenomenon because people eat "dead" foods on a regular basis. Highly processed, not fresh, not natural foods, foods that are not energetic and not conducive to life-giving properties. That and people live way too stressful lives which certainly does not help. And get exposed to unnatural EMF from technology, and spend little to no time in nature and the sun anymore.

Well, Iron Intake and PUFA Intake have also skyrocketed-

Attachments

• iron-intake2.png
    iron-intake2.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 11
  • omega 6.jpe
    omega 6.jpe
    21.7 KB · Views: 12

InChristAlone

Well, Iron Intake and PUFA Intake have also skyrocketed-
I wonder if this accounts for cast iron pans? They have made a comeback too. I still use one despite knowing it adds a tiny bit to my food. It's pretty well seasoned though.

Cirion

To be perfectly honest, the more I learn and research the more I'm not 100% on board with RP's views on PUFA's anymore.

Agree:
PUFA from vegetable oils is bad
PUFA from most processed, fast foods is bad

On the fence / Possibly disagree:
PUFA from raw nuts/legumes bad
PUFA from fish bad
PUFA from seeds bad
PUFA from eggs (especially raw) bad (@Cameron eats like 12 raw eggs I day if not mistaken and he has very high androgens)

It's worth noting that Jack Kruse has also made a name for himself suggesting that fish in particular are superior protein sources.

Both JK and RP would agree that muscle meat is "Dead" food and generally should be avoided if possible. In addition, the Angstrom rating of foods verifies this - meat is dead food, especially when cooked, has ZERO energy left in it. Whereas raw fish has HIGH energy.

It really makes no sense to demonize naturally occurring PUFA in whole, natural foods when you think about it. And what about all the many people who not only survive but THRIVE off high pufa (naturally occurring), unprocessed, non-GMO foods? I have to add that clarifier. Any processed food is not OK.

I would add an additional clarifer, that I still think saturated fats are generally superior to unsaturated though, and I think RP is pretty much spot on in that sense, and research does generally support that a higher SFA/PUFA ratio is generally preferred. I'm just saying, unsaturated fats aren't necessarily to be feared, not that you should necessarily take that as liberty to down a whole container of PB.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I wonder if this accounts for cast iron pans? They have made a comeback too. I still use one despite knowing it adds a tiny bit to my food. It's pretty well seasoned though.

Probably not, as I think this data is based on estimates of food sales. The main reason for the increase is fortification (which went up in the 80's, by the way) and greater caloric intake.

tankasnowgod

To be perfectly honest, the more I learn and research the more I'm not 100% on board with RP's views on PUFA's anymore.

Agree:
PUFA from vegetable oils is bad
PUFA from most processed, fast foods is bad

On the fence / Possibly disagree:
PUFA from raw nuts/legumes bad
PUFA from fish bad
PUFA from seeds bad
PUFA from eggs (especially raw) bad (@Cameron eats like 12 raw eggs I day if not mistaken and he has very high androgens)

It's worth noting that Jack Kruse has also made a name for himself suggesting that fish in particular are superior protein sources.

Both JK and RP would agree that muscle meat is "Dead" food and generally should be avoided if possible. In addition, the Angstrom rating of foods verifies this - meat is dead food, especially when cooked, has ZERO energy left in it. Whereas raw fish has HIGH energy.

It really makes no sense to demonize naturally occurring PUFA in whole, natural foods when you think about it. And what about all the many people who not only survive but THRIVE off high pufa (naturally occurring), unprocessed, non-GMO foods? I have to add that clarifier. Any processed food is not OK.

Peat has always mentioned that total PUFA is the issue. But, while the total amount went up, egg consumption was going down. His focus has always been on vegetable oils and the main issue, but that if one was already loaded up with PUFA, you would also want to avoid more "natural" sources of PUFA.

Peat still thinks eggs are a really nutritious food, and has mentioned eating them in quite a few of his articles.

Cirion

Yes vegetable oils and other unnatural "foods" are the true bane of our existence. It's not just PUFA's either. I now think that's an oversimplification. It's all the other crap. I think more attention needs to be given to many other things such as:

Fortification
Brominated Vegetable Oil (This is a BIG one) - directly destroys the thyroid
Carrageenan Gum
Pesticides
Food Coloring
Artificial Sulfites
"Natural Flavor"
Pasteurization
(this reduces the Angstrom rating of milk to ZERO. I now strongly believe this is why most people starting off on RP's diet crash and burn. They're eating ZERO energy foods.)
... And all the literally hundreds of other artificial chemicals that are in our food supply. BTW most OJ is also pasteurized. If you combine pasteurized OJ and MILK, and make that most of your diet (which most newbies to RP do) - guess what, your diet is providing ZERO ENERGY. Should we be surprised when a new post comes up saying "I eat OJ and milk and am not getting better, help!!"??

To be clear, I have absolutely nothing against OJ and milk (in fact, fresh raw OJ and milk are HIGH ENERGY foods), but most commercial OJ and milk is trash. It's just interesting to make these distinguishments when telling people what to eat. It's not just what you eat. It's the quality of what you eat.

Van Hari "Food Babe" book has a lot to say about all this crap, and its very enlightening to see just how bad our food supply is... most of our food isn't even food. No wonder we're sick and dying as a population.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals