Progesterone

Donnea

Hey!

Been away from the forum for a while, but I was hoping that someone here might have some answers.
This questions is really for a friend of mine. Her 4 year-old intact Rhodesian Ridgeback has an enlarged prostate and he is currently on Finasteride to control it. He recently had blood in his urine and they increased the dose. The dog also has anal gland problems, itchy skin and allergy issues. So the main issue is the prostate and my friend is considering neutering him and take him off the meds. She would rather not though. Does anyone here know of cases where enlarged prostate has been treated with progesterone instead?

I know when my dog was neutered at age 4-ish, he had anal glad problems (monthly vet visits to have them emptied), and I cured it with progesterone several years ago. Never had to go back to the vet once. I feel that progesterone could help her dog as well with pretty much all his symptoms. If anyone has any thoughts or experiences, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
D

Donnea

*Bump* Anyone with human experiences regarding this? It doesn't have to be dog :)

We gave large amounts of progesterone to our dog with good success or other issues. And thyroid is very helpful.

OP
D

Donnea

DHT might actually help, progesterone, too.
Is the dog bloated elsewhere?
Thank you so much for your reply. He is not bloated otherwise and LOOKS very healthy with a shiny coat. His digestion is impaired though. His owner has to switch his food around all the time or he develops intolerances, which results in loose stools, lack of appetite, ear infections and flaky/itchy skin. She recently tried giving him chicken again, and he got bacterial growth in his ear. So chicken is off the table right now. He does best on raw food overall.
Recently one of his nipples has become swollen and red. On and off.

I have been reading up on Finasteride and it seems to inhibit bile, which of course would no be good for digestion. He has always been a sensitive guy with a sensitive stomach. I will look into DHT as well. Maybe a cocktail of some NDT, Progesterone, possibly DHT and a raw starch free diet... Maybe benadryl at night for a while...thinking out loud ;)

OP
D

Donnea

We gave large amounts of progesterone to our dog with good success or other issues. And thyroid is very helpful.
Thank you. I have also given my male dog large amounts of progesterone and he has responded so well on it. It's a fantastic substance!

I will throw this article into the discussion

OP
D

Donnea

I will throw this article into the discussion
Thanks, I'll check it out :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals