Freezing Gait & Slow Movement (Possible Parkinson’s) My Dad is 55

OP
L

Levi1989

Just a bump and an update:

thamine did not seem to help my Dad.

he was put on Sinemet which did not help and actually gave him symptoms of Parkinson’s that he didn’t even have before!

he is now on Madopar which also is not working

He had a nasty fall a couple of weeks back. He is freezing more regularly than ever and his legs are barely working (although still once he is up and open space he can walk well and still retains good arm reactions and good strength on his left arm)

he’s weaker down his right side though.

Really lost atm

OP
L

Levi1989

I'd second what @Regina said, Haidut (and others) have mentioned how Serotonin is a likely cause of Parkinsons-

Seems especially likely, since it's coupled with the digestive issues. So, that could me serotonin antagonists, dopamine agonists, and/or antibiotics could be useful. Of course, you can search the forum for all of these, with several recomendations.

You might also want to look into a No Starch Diet, like Hans mentioned-

Hi, I’m really sorry I did not reply to this first time around; thank you very much for your response. I’m really starting to believe this is no Parkinsons. The no starch diet is an extremely interesting one thank you.

OP
L

Levi1989

My dad, long ago (he has passed since at 96), had similar issues in his gait and a stroke was suspected. On a brain scan, they detected it near the skull. He had to be operated on and after that he recovered and was back to normal. He recalled once hitting his head against the corner of a casement window, and that must have caused the cranial injury. Have your doctors checked on such a possibility?

Edit: Now I recall the term. It is called a subdural hematoma.
This is really interesting. Thank you for sharing it and sorry for your loss. I’m really glad he was able to go back to normal after this.

OP
L

Levi1989

Selegeline/deprenyl is extremely helpful. See Knoll's book, How Selegiline ((-)-Deprenyl) Slows Brain Aging|Paperback

4-herb synergy lowers inflammation and should help. 4 Herb Synergy Gold Liposome Supplement - 4 Traditional Herbs

Cistanche would almost certainly help. Organic Cistanche Extract | Natural Performance Enhancer for Men

Do not do L-dopa or supplements containing such, it makes you better for a while but increases the rate of damage.
Hi,

thank you for your post. My Dad has been taking 1 L dopa medication since July which didn’t work and now another one. We did not want him too but times were so desperate. I am not at the stage where I’m going to ask him to stop. But I need a new plan I do not believe this is Parkinsons

OP
L

Levi1989

Nutrition alone might be enough. Better "fuel" is important, but activation through proper inputs is just as important. If the problem is that far down "stream," consider looking into the Carrick Institute for a high level functional neurologist. If you call the company, they'll be able to connect you with one of their best practitioners. Google it!
Thank you!

OP
L

Levi1989

:hattip

Dr. Constantini's protocol has been very successful for many people. He has found that it will freeze the progression of Parkinson's in it's tracks. And also reverse symptoms. I watch that facebook page I posted above pretty closely and a lot of success is reported there.
Hi Charlie. Thanks for your posts. We did try my Dad on this with no real benefit potentially made things worse. His neurologist did put him on Sinemet which didn’t help and now Madopar which is making him worse by the day. I really am beggining to believe it may not be Parkinsons.

His legs barely function in the mornings now, his gait is terrible freezing all the time, high risk of falling and his right side is very poor.

left arm still very strong and reactions in both left and right arm are very very good. He can walk 3 miles a day in open space but ask him to go to the fridge and he can take 10/15 mins to get out of his chair and then another 10/15 mins getting to the fridge opening it etc and returning as he will have many freezing episodes and nearly falling over.

The NHS have been terrible and are neglecting him pretty much. Thank you to everyone for their continued input.

one update worth mentioning around 2 months ago one evening he was back to his old self I’d say 75% functioning no real freezing episodes; happier, moving very good. Like what how is that possible, that to me shows the mechanism works but I’ve just got to find out how to connect it again.

he does eat a very low pufa diet too

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hi Charlie. Thanks for your posts. We did try my Dad on this with no real benefit potentially made things worse. His neurologist did put him on Sinemet which didn’t help and now Madopar which is making him worse by the day. I really am beggining to believe it may not be Parkinsons.

His legs barely function in the mornings now, his gait is terrible freezing all the time, high risk of falling and his right side is very poor.

left arm still very strong and reactions in both left and right arm are very very good. He can walk 3 miles a day in open space but ask him to go to the fridge and he can take 10/15 mins to get out of his chair and then another 10/15 mins getting to the fridge opening it etc and returning as he will have many freezing episodes and nearly falling over.

The NHS have been terrible and are neglecting him pretty much. Thank you to everyone for their continued input.

one update worth mentioning around 2 months ago one evening he was back to his old self I’d say 75% functioning no real freezing episodes; happier, moving very good. Like what how is that possible, that to me shows the mechanism works but I’ve just got to find out how to connect it again.

he does eat a very low pufa diet too
I would look into the work of Dr Janice Walton Hadlock. That might explain the mechanism you noticed.

OP
L

Levi1989

One further update my Dad had blocked up ear drums which he had cleared but now there is still inflammation and he has severe tinnitus

aliml

Iron overload can occur in people of any age, any ethnicity, or gender; iron overload is a condition of excess (too much) iron in the body. Excess iron in vital organs, even in mild cases of iron overload, increases the risk for liver disease (cirrhosis, cancer), heart failure, diabetes mellitus, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome, hypothyroidism, hypogonadism, numerous symptoms and in some cases premature death. Iron mismanagement resulting in overload can accelerate such neurodegenerative diseases as Alzheimer’s, early-onset Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis.

OP
L

Levi1989

Iron overload can occur in people of any age, any ethnicity, or gender; iron overload is a condition of excess (too much) iron in the body. Excess iron in vital organs, even in mild cases of iron overload, increases the risk for liver disease (cirrhosis, cancer), heart failure, diabetes mellitus, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome, hypothyroidism, hypogonadism, numerous symptoms and in some cases premature death. Iron mismanagement resulting in overload can accelerate such neurodegenerative diseases as Alzheimer’s, early-onset Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis.

Thank you for this much appreciated

OP
L

Levi1989

Have you tried looking into spinal issues? The atlas?
He does have a slipped disc from many years ago and very poor posture now due to the balance issues.

They did a Neck mri which they were satisfied with.

OP
L

Levi1989

I would look into the work of Dr Janice Walton Hadlock. That might explain the mechanism you noticed.
Brilliant thank you I will have a look at this. I have also emailed Ray, I really hope for a reply but I don’t expect one, but it would be a great bonus if he did respond.

Perry Staltic

Yes 7 maybe 8 from the 70s some of them. I realise that’s not good.

That's a lot. There was a 30-ish woman I used to know who had a mouth full of silver. I heard some years later that her health had deteriorated and she was wheel chair bound. If I had only known then what I found out years later. I had my 4 removed when I found out and did chelation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals