Freezing Gait & Slow Movement (Possible Parkinson’s) My Dad is 55

Levi1989

I am looking for some help and advice for my poor Dad who seems to be suffering from severe slowness of movement and increasing issues of freezing gait. He’s only 54. Up until 2017 he was still playing football (soccer)

it was around 2018 we began to notice his refined motor skills were slower than usual, getting out of a car, reaching for his belt, reaching for drinks etc etc. We also noticed increasing irritability, mild depression and anxiety (never suffered with it before) IBS/Gastritis. This gradually got worse, he was told after a scan he’d probably had a stomach ulcer and would struggle with gastritis and IBS for the rest of his life. This then led to him not wanting to drive anymore and every time he had to drive he would not eat; to help the IBS. So he’d go 24 hours without eating and sometimes drinking etc etc. This driving anxiety seemed to ruin his whole life. Movement getting slower. (At this point 2019 he had no freezing of gait)

and then in the summer of 2020 a complete break down mentally and physically. Movement slower than ever, nee episodes of freezing, when driving he pulls slightly to the right hand side and when walking he does the same, anxiety through the roof, manically depressed unable to work or drive. Laying on the poor complaining of nerve pain in the lower stomach and groin area etc. The doctors just kept trying to prescribe him anti depressants. By this point his IBS had turned to constipation towards the middle of of 2020.

Me and my brother then decided in July 2020 to remove PUFA from his diet, moved him more onto fruit; some veg, Greek yogurts, beef and potatoes etc very simple but effective. Carrot salads also which seemed to help the constipation.

My brother gave him doses of DHEA, Pregnelone, amongst other supplements and vitamins like Glycine, zinc, B vitaminsand multi minerals etc which seemed to almost cure the IBS / gastritis and improve his mental health and stop the rot in terms of the slow movement.

he is able to catch a ball fine, even able to play some football (soccer) doing keep ups his reaction is movement is as good as it’s ever been BUT his refined motor skills are shot and his freezing is becoming worse by the week. The second he gets any stress or anxiety (simple things like a postal delivery) his right leg begins to shake and he sometimes freezes. He struggles also with his right foot sometimes when putting his shoes on etc

my brother tried him on something I believe fakes 5adp? A neuro transmitter I believe which for around 6/7 weeks seemed to reverse the movement and balance problems and made the freezing less frequent but sadly this seemed to ware off.

It’s now February 2021 and we’re running out of ideas he’s really against having an MRI because of Covid etc so we don’t want to do that just yet. We did recently try him on B6 and some BCCa but only for a few days.

Willing to try and order anything that’s recommended and safe. My brother has some lisuride (I think that’s spelt right) but he’s worried it could send him into an even further pit of depression.

I’m really sorry for the long post I’m happy to answer any further questions. Thanks in advance for any advice.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you very much I’m going to look into this now
:hattip

Dr. Constantini's protocol has been very successful for many people. He has found that it will freeze the progression of Parkinson's in it's tracks. And also reverse symptoms. I watch that facebook page I posted above pretty closely and a lot of success is reported there.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Adding some relevant files from the Parkinson's Thiamine HCl facebook page. Full credit to them. More files available here: Log into Facebook

Attachments

• B1 FAQ.docx
    34.4 KB · Views: 21
  • benefits are described.docx
    13.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Diagnose and the UPDRS Scoring System.docx
    12.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Dose Adjustment.docx
    14.6 KB · Views: 14
  • NeuralRegenRes_2016_PARK.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • The ABCs of HDT.docx
    23 KB · Views: 13

Beastmode

Nutrition alone might be enough. Better "fuel" is important, but activation through proper inputs is just as important. If the problem is that far down "stream," consider looking into the Carrick Institute for a high level functional neurologist. If you call the company, they'll be able to connect you with one of their best practitioners. Google it!

Elize

Sad.

COVID-19 Claims the Life of Dr. Costantini

Still recovering from a post-surgery stroke at the end of 2019, in mid-May 2020 Dr. Antonio Costantini contracted the coronavirus COVID-19, which has claimed his life.

Tim Lundeen

yerrag

My dad, long ago (he has passed since at 96), had similar issues in his gait and a stroke was suspected. On a brain scan, they detected it near the skull. He had to be operated on and after that he recovered and was back to normal. He recalled once hitting his head against the corner of a casement window, and that must have caused the cranial injury. Have your doctors checked on such a possibility?

Edit: Now I recall the term. It is called a subdural hematoma.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

it was around 2018 we began to notice his refined motor skills were slower than usual, getting out of a car, reaching for his belt, reaching for drinks etc etc. We also noticed increasing irritability, mild depression and anxiety (never suffered with it before) IBS/Gastritis.

I'd second what @Regina said, Haidut (and others) have mentioned how Serotonin is a likely cause of Parkinsons-

Seems especially likely, since it's coupled with the digestive issues. So, that could me serotonin antagonists, dopamine agonists, and/or antibiotics could be useful. Of course, you can search the forum for all of these, with several recomendations.

You might also want to look into a No Starch Diet, like Hans mentioned-

OP
L

Levi1989

Hi, I just wanted to thank each and everyone one of you who’s replied and given me and my Dad some great information and advice. I will get round to replying individually soon and let you all know the direction we’re going in and hopefully have some positive updates as we move forward. Thanks again.

mostlylurking

Elize

Looking forward to learning more about your dad and how he is. He is blessed to have you as a daughter

lampofred

Dr. Peat said many cases of Parkinson's have their root in endotoxin. Digestion should be very fast to prevent bacterial growth.

OP
L

Levi1989

Hi all. Sorry for the lack of updates.

we did try my dad on some thiamine but it didn’t seem to help.

Since this post unfortunately his freezing has got worse to the point he’s actually had a couple of falls now.

He saw his neurologist for the first time Monday who said she is treating it as Parkinsons. He’s started Sinemet (Ldopa) on Monday So far he’s seen zero improvements at all.

the neurologist was puzzled that he has zero speech issues, memory issues or tremors yet has severe freezing gait, balance issues and weakness down his right side.

she’s also ordered a spinal MRI and Dat scan.

his reactions are still good and his walking is pretty good. Feels like he’s deteriorating fast. At the rate of progression over the last 18 months.

im now thinking it could be a Lewy body issue? I have zero idea how to when combat or try to combat that.

gaze

Hi all. Sorry for the lack of updates.

we did try my dad on some thiamine but it didn’t seem to help.

Since this post unfortunately his freezing has got worse to the point he’s actually had a couple of falls now.

He saw his neurologist for the first time Monday who said she is treating it as Parkinsons. He’s started Sinemet (Ldopa) on Monday So far he’s seen zero improvements at all.

the neurologist was puzzled that he has zero speech issues, memory issues or tremors yet has severe freezing gait, balance issues and weakness down his right side.

she’s also ordered a spinal MRI and Dat scan.

his reactions are still good and his walking is pretty good. Feels like he’s deteriorating fast. At the rate of progression over the last 18 months.

im now thinking it could be a Lewy body issue? I have zero idea how to when combat or try to combat that.
emailing peat for advice would be a good idea.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals