Neuropathy? Looking for thoughts/ideas

Layne

He also dealt with two week-long migraines over the last ten years which made him (for those weeks only) almost blind. Vision returned but has since been worse. He feels his vision/consciousness is collected on his left side.
You might want to check out the following thread, which describes how blindness issues can result from low blood pressure in the brain.

Blindness, Vision Issues and Dysautonomia

Peatress

Based on his history of addiction could it be a thiamine and magnesium deficiency? If his diet is not good he might struggle to tolerate Q10 but food sources could help.

Last edited:
OP
Peachy

Peachy

You might want to check out the following thread, which describes how blindness issues can result from low blood pressure in the brain.

Blindness, Vision Issues and Dysautonomia

This is a great angle for him. Thank you!

Based on his history of addiction could it be a thiamine and magnesium deficiency? If his diet is not good he might struggle to tolerate Q10 but food sources could help.

Good thought. I'm zeroing in on thiamine and need to prioritize mag as well. Should get his diet/sugar balanced before introducing CoQ10

LA

My brother is having some mysterious health issues. His right arm and leg lose functionality with moderate use. It’s not painful. He describes it as numb or seizing up.

He works on the computer and plays piano so if it were just his arm I’d think it might be a carpal tunnel type issue. But it also happens with his right leg after walking about two miles.
Carpal tunnel needs rest I had it from too much guitar practice and late night sweat-shop inking on aerospace diagrams that weren't finished by regular employees so sometimes I would call [very past tense] companies that specialize in hiring people (technical illustrators) who can do rush jobs. Rest is what fixed it. Sick-buildings are no good either. Recycled air rather than fresh air will make many people near death if the air-conditioning mechanics cannot change the filters every 6 months

OP
Peachy

Peachy

Carpal tunnel needs rest I had it from too much guitar practice and late night sweat-shop inking on aerospace diagrams that weren't finished by regular employees so sometimes I would call [very past tense] companies that specialize in hiring people (technical illustrators) who can do rush jobs. Rest is what fixed it. Sick-buildings are no good either. Recycled air rather than fresh air will make many people near death if the air-conditioning mechanics cannot change the filters every 6 months

Lots to think about. I love crowdsourcing here. No doubt he has overused his arm, and without the best body mechanics. He's also coming out of a mold situation in his condo.

Beatrix_

He's also coming out of a mold situation in his condo.
I know a lady who has mold problems in her apartment (it is not visible, so I don't know if she is aware of that because some people just get used to it) and was recently diagnosed with dysautonomia in addition to post-lockdown agorafobia. I think these conditions involve, above all, and increased need for B1 and magnesium.

ddjd

anything nerve related i would be looking at folate, b2, choline (from food sources- beef liver, eggs etc.)

Beatrix_

anything nerve related i would be looking at folate, b2, choline (from food sources- beef liver, eggs etc.)
B12 for myelin

ddjd

B12 for myelin

just anecdotal but i got neuropathy many years ago after heavy experimentation with b12- methylcobal form. only thing that fixed it was methylfolate

Beatrix_

just anecdotal but i got neuropathy many years ago after heavy experimentation with b12- methylcobal form. only thing that fixed it was methylfolate
You overdosed on B12 and induced a folate deficiency, right?

ddjd

You overdosed on B12 and induced a folate deficiency, right?
yes 100%. but the symptomn of b12 excess was neuropathy. my point is dont ignore the importance of both b12 AND folate for nerve health.

Beatrix_

yes 100%. but the symptomn of b12 excess was neuropathy. my point is dont ignore the importance of both b12 AND folate for nerve health.
An even wiser advice is to take at least a low dose complete B complex alongside any specific B vitamin in question.

OP
Peachy

Peachy

Thanks for the input @Beatrix_ and @ddjd. I was thinking of using LifeBlud Energi as a base and adding on more thiamine HCL first, then going through other b vitamins individually - or get him on the liver train. I think it's too costly/overwhelming for him to check levels right now so he'll have to experiment. That's interesting about the b12 causing symptoms unless balanced by folate.

ddjd

Thanks for the input @Beatrix_ and @ddjd. I was thinking of using LifeBlud Energi as a base and adding on more thiamine HCL first, then going through other b vitamins individually - or get him on the liver train. I think it's too costly/overwhelming for him to check levels right now so he'll have to experiment. That's interesting about the b12 causing symptoms unless balanced by folate.
I have to say actually niacinamide (not regular niacin) is INCREDIBLE for nerve health but you need it with enough food and it's better in regular small doses rather than one big dose.

It didn't occur to me before but I would definitely try niacinamide

OP
Peachy

Peachy

I have to say actually niacinamide (not regular niacin) is INCREDIBLE for nerve health but you need it with enough food and it's better in regular small doses rather than one big dose.

It didn't occur to me before but I would definitely try niacinamide

Putting that on the short list.

Look into TMS and Dr John Sarno.

That’s really interesting. I’m sure it’s part of the issue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals