Still In The Woods, Suffering, Confused, Few Specific Clues, Want To Write About It & Solicit Ideas

alywest

Pregnenolone has always helped me feel better and helped with my symptoms. I've taken high dose most of the last few years. Typically 1g or .5g
With the thyroid you may have not been converting enough of the t4 (cynoplus), I would try the tyromix and take some selenium or eat more shellfish if you like it to make sure you're converting more of it.

alywest

Same ratio as cynoplus I believe. Used Tyromix too. Maybe a small dose could work. Still, always seemed like T4 was an issue for me.
You sound like me, classic liver issues that hold up the healing process. Keep up with the carrots. Eat a crap load of them! Make sure you're going to the bathroom often, and take cascara often to help heal your gut and keep things moving. If that doesn't work use psyllium husk fiber to keep things going. It's really important that you keep things flowing out, and stop feeding the bad bacteria with starches and grains.

OP
J

jaakkima

You sound like me, classic liver issues that hold up the healing process. Keep up with the carrots. Eat a crap load of them! Make sure you're going to the bathroom often, and take cascara often to help heal your gut and keep things moving. If that doesn't work use psyllium husk fiber to keep things going. It's really important that you keep things flowing out, and stop feeding the bad bacteria with starches and grains.

I do those things, but then why do I improve a lot when I eat starch and grains? My gut/elimination usually goes to ***t when I eat just fruit and dairy, etc.

OP
J

jaakkima

I think something is helping me focus more on fruit and dairy lately without the gut problems though. I know the MB is helping.

alywest

I do those things, but then why do I improve a lot when I eat starch and grains? My gut/elimination usually goes to ***t when I eat just fruit and dairy, etc.
I shouldn't say no starch, if you handle potatoes and rice well, go for it. I would eliminate gluten if at all possible, though. This all comes down to endotoxin/serotonin and estrogen. The gluten will set your body into a reactive state but sometimes it takes a couple/few days for this to happen so you don't realize it's the wheat or barley or whatever it is that had the gluten. I like sweet potatoes.

theLaw

I think something is helping me focus more on fruit and dairy lately without the gut problems though. I know the MB is helping.
I'm confused.........are you currently homeless (living in your car)?

theLaw

Yes if you read the OP he states that he is currently homeless.

That's what I thought, but it doesn't make sense, hence why I asked.

Why all of the concern about eating well when you literally have no home?

Constant stress from this situation can easily trump any dietary choices. Something is missing here........o_O

alywest

I forget what brand it was but I bought it at whole foods. 50 mg dosage.
hmmm that sucks, I would be curious to see if it would affect you differently if you got something pure like pansterone or health natura's powder.

Constatine

hmmm that sucks, I would be curious to see if it would affect you differently if you got something pure like pansterone or health natura's powder.
I've tried pansterone and it didn't effect me that way but the dose is much lower.

alywest

I've tried pansterone and it didn't effect me that way but the dose is much lower.
Health natura's brand is awesome. If you start with a small amount and slowly add more until you notice an effect of more energy but it should be really calm, too... that's just my opinion. But it's also really expensive. And kind of looks like a baggie of cocaine.

alywest

Constant stress from this situation can easily trump any dietary choices. Something is missing here........o_O

Yeah, it is a bit confusing, I agree!

alywest

About DHT, DHEA, Testosterone, and Pregnenolone.

:hattip fermundacheez

"I haven't heard of any bad effects from DHT, but that might be because it's so rarely used. The liver problems I've heard about have always involved slightly modified molecules. I think the tendency to take too much might be a problem with androgens generally--4 milligrams of testosterone and 15 mg of DHEA is a normal daily production for young men, and half of that amount is effective for middle aged men, unless the problem is something else. Pregnenolone is safe, if it's pure, but it's good to be skeptical about purity." (from ray peat email advice depository)

OP
J

jaakkima

It seems I really do need a high/higher dose of T3, and maybe that was the cause of my clotting and everything. I'm fiddling with it currently, but currently feeling a lot better at at least 40mcg/day so far. The thing is, at various times in the past that I used it thusly, it didn't have the same effect. Sometimes it did, as I mentioned, and I couldn't repeat it. A couple of those times I used twice what Ray recommends in a single dose though (around half a cynomel tab), which made me scared to use so much at once. I think I have to often though, and I'm thinking that for some reason it seems like I might have to knock out NO first for thyroid to really work for me, as coffee, cascara and MB all seem to enable it better. I lowered my MB dose a bunch, as it started working less on its own and made me feel weird. Still don't feel great but I'm on warfarin, getting cheerier with more thyroid though.

Last edited:
OP
J

jaakkima

I feel able to evaluate my own stressors. I've never had a normal life, perhaps it's not so simple. I work on everything I can in order of importance in my context. I think it's helping me to fix other problems, financially foremost, and to try to develop a vision that I can actually implement eventually. I have been in many stressful, awful renting situations, and I would feel trapped, as well as broke, in most of them. I am constantly reevaluating though.

Last edited:

theLaw

I feel able to evaluate my own stressors. I've never had a normal life, perhaps it's not so simple. I work on everything I can in order of importance in my context. I think it's helping me to fix other problems, financially foremost, and to try to develop a vision that I can actually implement eventually. I have been in many stressful, awful renting situations, and I would feel trapped, as well as broke, in most of them. I am constantly reevaluating though.

As I said in my previous post, something is missing here. Your blase attitude toward being homeless is simply not a reasonable response given your claims about how you sincerely care about your own health.

You're using the "my truth" linguistic trick, which is specifically designed to shut-down reasonable discourse, while forcing everyone into your own Alice-in-Wonderland paradigm where up-can-be-down and left-can-be-right.

Perhaps there's a mental-health issue here, or maybe this is just trolling for attention; either way I wish you all the best, and hope you get some help. Cheers!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
J

jaakkima

I
As I said in my previous post, something is missing here. Your blase attitude toward being homeless is simply not a reasonable response given your claims about how you sincerely care about your own health.

You're using the "my truth" linguistic trick, which is specifically designed to shut-down reasonable discourse, while forcing everyone into your own Alice-in-Wonderland paradigm where up-can-be-down and left-can-be-right.

Perhaps there's a mental-health issue here, or maybe this is just trolling for attention; either way I wish you all the best, and hope you get some help. Cheers!:thumbsup:

Nonsense. You simply know next to nothing about any of this. I didn't ask for opinions about this specific issue.

I said that I have specific circumstances. "My truth"- Whatever you're saying here is utterly vague. Maybe you weren't able to read clearly the words I wrote.

I guess I'll reciprocate the douchey rhetoric and say I hope you get some help, because asserting the things you do to strangers doesn't indicate great mental health to me. Cheers.