Please Offer Me Your Thoughts And Advice - Overwhelmed & Desperate

Jwicks1995

I'll try to be as brief as possible and summarize what I can in the hope someone help direct me on the right pathway. I'm confident as this area (raypeat) has indicated the highest level of consistency in relation to the symptoms and things I've experienced in my life. So here goes:

Currently: 26/M - 79kg - Live in Australia - Currently in my 4th yr of University studies -

--------------------------------

Health history:
- Was overweight as a child and diet was heavy in processed foods, mcdonalds etc as I was raised in a low income single parent household.
- developed an eating disorder at age 9 through to 11 - lost lots of weight, rarely ate and exercised heavily
- history of chronic tonsillitus, bad asthma, rashes, sleep apnea, daytime fatigue, extreme adhd
- mood/anxiety issues got increasingly worse from 13-16 onwards
- started drinking heavily around age 17
- Have always had extreme cognitive potential throughout all of this maths prodigy, high ATAR (GPA in yr 12 despite low attention, poor study habits
- age 20, 22 & 24 I ran 12 weeks of 500mg testosterone p/w to increase energy (very stupid of me)
- have always been very impatient, rushed, inability to delay gratification, impulsive
- suspected autistic spectrum (mum & dad are 100% on the spectrum)

Main catalyst and driver for current position
- at the age of 22 I was finished my final year of my psychology degree and my daytime fatigue and lack of concentration was so bad that I started feeling extremely agitated and depressed as I had to rely on caffeine to have a chance in hell and completing all my assignments
- got a sleep study from a really dodgy sleep technician who diagnosed moderate/severe sleep apnea

This is when things went downhill fast
- He started me on CPAP therapy which was the ABSOLUTE worst decision of my entire life
- My self awareness and cognition started to take a decline
- it took me around 3 years to completely give up on CPAP
- I was unaware that the plastics & forced air pressure was having an extreme negative effects on my nervous system, causing fast breathing, reflux ,brainfog

What has happened and where I am now because of this
- The brainfog and fatigue were getting so bad 6 months + into CPAP that I started experimenting with diets and medications
- ended up on a carnivore diets for about 10 months, which allowed me to function and have lots of cognitive output. Was also on lexepro at this time
- I started to develop an intolerance to the consumption of histamine, which would cause extreme anxiety and derealization right away that would last for days at time
- I thought this was due to lexepro inhibiting DAO and stopping histamine degradation
- tapered off lexepro and this is where things got REALLY BAD
- I thought I was doing alot better off lexepro as I had increased energy, clarity at first
- but then my stress levels started to become EXTREME, like major nervous system excitation
- Got to a point where I had to leave my job and drop out of my 4th year of University
- tried endless medications, frantic searching for what can help
- BIGGEST help was getting off of CPAP, tried mouthguards and tongue retainers for sleep apnea, still felt better than cpap but realized they materials in these were also ******* me up

- found some sort of baseline after over three years simply by stopping all sleep apnea like gizmo's and stopping all medication
- Currently 5 weeks off of pristiq and although my cognition seems to be coming back and has been the highest it has in over 3 years...I'm still left with a RUINED metabolism/nervous system
- I cannot handle any psychiatric medications
- Anything anticholinergic RUINS me after a day or two
- I tried out Alpha GPC while on my last few weeks of pristiq and felt amazing for about a day which lead me to to the acetylcholine/cholinergic anti inflammatory pathway
- it seems that now my acetylcholine system is up and running again
- although now I'm subject to major depression, anxiety, anger and brainfog -

--------------------------------------

RAYPEAT

- Have transitioned off of any sort of fasting regime and implemented sugars
- this has offered me a new sort of relief to anxiety and my chronic hyperventilation
- I feel like my body is RIDDLED with toxic substances as my detox pathways/metabolism has been trashed/blunted by years of CPAP, SSRI meds etc, and now that things are starting to move again im feeling like absolute dog ***t, although 100x better than being in a constant derealized, numbed out & helpless state

Psychotropic medications
- cannot tolerate SSRIS at all, although they give me extreme relief acutely, within 2-3 days I am RIDDLED with side effects
- anything that inhibits DAO ***** me up, anything that increases histamine in any way ***** me up, my system CANNOT handle histamine
- tried all SSRIS, TCA's, clonidine, amphetamines, valproic acid, lithium ororate, 5 htp, sooo many things...nothing is consistent..everything turns on me in some way
- I found relief in cyproheptadine about a year ago before things got reallly bad
- I doubt i'd be able to handle it now due to its anticholinergic effects, also anti histamines leave me alot worse causing constipation, sinus dryness/pain

Neurotransmitter profiling
- currently sensitive to acetylcholine
- if acetylcholine goes too low I start to become overwhelmingly brain fogged and fatigued
- Same with seretonin, sometimes when I'm feeling super depressed Ill have a 5htp...but if i have too much ill become more depressed and brainfogged...
- I can't even tolerate >500mcg of Melatonin - increase acetylcholine
- I recently tried roughly 5mg of memantine...felt anxiety relief for the day and actually felt happiness...yet this quickly turned on me due to the long halflife and my brainfog increase more every day till it was out of my system...Was having Gotu Kola tea (acetylcholinerase inhibitor) to reduce side effects which worked initially but was overthrown into depression again very quickly

CURRENT REGIMEN - Supplements, meds & diet
- I'm extremely sensitive to PUFA's, intense anxiety, overheating and panic attacks ensure shortly after and go on into the next day...I believe I need to figure out how to eliminate these
- My diet is basically orange juice ,apple juice, almond milk, coffee, white potatoes, salt, rye bread (?), butter, honey, maple syrup, MCT oil, - going to build on this w/ oysters, liver etc
- Brainfog is still very bad and seem to go through different periods because I keep trying out different supplements etc because I'm yet to find any consistent sort of safety net for brain excitoxic brain
- Every few days i'll have 1mg ativan which helps yet worsens my supposed sleep apnea, (my tracker says I have a 2 AHI though...??) yet I never feel rested.
- Just desperately looking any relief I can get at this stage until I can recover from the last few years...
- Anything that seems to increase acetylcholine/inhibit acetylcholinesterase seems to increase anxiety and brainfog...so i'll counter it with something that LOWERS it..putting me in a constant seesaw state..
- I believe the issue lies at my trashed metabolism from extreme food restrictions, fasting, carnivore diet for a prolonged period hence the inability to handle histamines etc

I have so much potential in life to strive and help those around me but it seems I have the world sitting on my shoulders and stuck in a state that make me feel like absolute trash...I need some sort of direction health wise so I know what I'm doing is actually right.. The fact I've somehow managed to nearly complete my honours year of my psychology degree is completely baffling as I feel as if the difference between myself completely giving up and persueing heavy anti psychotic/schizophrenic treatment is my intuition and speculation that beneath all of the foggy distortion I am actually someone with a lot of value and self worth who truely wants to help others and build a respectable life & family - Yet alot of the time I truly belief that my body is so AGAINST me that I simply have no idea how to return to a macro state of wellbeing, rather than short lived acute periods of feeling "normal"

Anyone who is willing to lend me a helping hand or any information would be MUCH appreciate by myself and my family who is also having to deal with what I have to go through on a daily basis.

I apologise profusely for how I have written this post, I am completely mentally exhausted and can only think In short bursts..There is no sense of structure, linearity or consistency within my mind.. as reflected by my writing style

Some short questions:
easy ways to detox/protect from PUFA's?
Why do foods with choline content makes me anxious & give headaches
Potential supplementation strategies? Thiamine? aspirin?
Way to increase co2? brain oxygenation feels trashed..
Given my clear cut issue with HISTAMINE/Neuroinflammation cascase - would with imply potential/varying pathways of supplemental persuits?
Is time going to my best friend here in that my natural acetylcholine system will eventually re-desensitize itself and allow my system to start running again without mood/anxiety issues?

again, I'm really sorry for how bad this post is put together..

Barry

Thanks for sharing this. This is what i do: Definitely avoid all alcohol, drugs, pharma, cigarettes. I drink green tea, not coffee. Less caffeine. My diet is sugar, skim milk, OJ, white rice, potatoes, some random fruit. I try to eat very low fat. moderate amount of salt. I add water to sugar, heat into a syrup and mix with skim milk and oj. I would cut out almond milk. Add skim milk in small quantities. Sugar is very important. I would hold off on coconut oil for now. Practice patience and gratitude. Go for walks in nature. Have quiet time.

mrchibbs

Like you say you're clearly overwhelmed. You need to take a break. Ask for a sick leave and take a breather. It's ok to put your studies on hold for a semester, in fact it is often the best thing to do.

Spend 2-3 months relaxing and eating small snacks throughout the day, and get sunlight daily. It would be a great opportunity to let cypro do its magic again.

Re-evaluate where you are afterwards. There are way too many variables you're considering and anything other than good food, sleep and sunshine (and a little cypro!) will be too much for you right now. Remove most other supplements and keep it simple.

I've been in your shoes, (more than you can imagine). I hope you'll listen because you seem on the verge of total collapse.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'll try to be as brief as possible and summarize what I can in the hope someone help direct me on the right pathway. I'm confident as this area (raypeat) has indicated the highest level of consistency in relation to the symptoms and things I've experienced in my life. So here goes:

Currently: 26/M - 79kg - Live in Australia - Currently in my 4th yr of University studies -

Health history:
- Was overweight as a child and diet was heavy in processed foods, mcdonalds etc as I was raised in a low income single parent household.
- developed an eating disorder at age 9 through to 11 - lost lots of weight, rarely ate and exercised heavily
- history of chronic tonsillitus, bad asthma, rashes, sleep apnea, daytime fatigue, extreme adhd
- Have always had extreme cognitive potential throughout all of this maths prodigy, high ATAR (GPA in yr 12 despite low attention, poor study habits
- age 20, 22 & 24 I ran 12 weeks of 500mg testosterone p/w to increase energy (very stupid of me)
- have always been very impatient, rushed, inability to delay gratification, impulsive

- at the age of 22 I was finished my final year of my psychology degree and my daytime fatigue and lack of concentration was so bad that I started feeling extremely agitated and depressed as I had to rely on caffeine to have a chance in hell and completing all my assignments
- got a sleep study from a really dodgy sleep technician who diagnosed moderate/severe sleep apnea

- He started me on CPAP therapy which was the ABSOLUTE worst decision of my entire life
- I was unaware that the plastics & forced air pressure was having an extreme negative effects on my nervous system, causing fast breathing, reflux ,brainfog

- The brainfog and fatigue were getting so bad 6 months + into CPAP that I started experimenting with diets and medications
- ended up on a carnivore diets for about 10 months, which allowed me to function and have lots of cognitive output. Was also on lexepro at this time
- I started to develop an intolerance to the consumption of histamine, which would cause extreme anxiety and derealization right away that would last for days at time
- I thought this was due to lexepro inhibiting DAO and stopping histamine degradation
- I thought I was doing alot better off lexepro as I had increased energy, clarity at first
- but then my stress levels started to become EXTREME, like major nervous system excitation
- Got to a point where I had to leave my job and drop out of my 4th year of University
- BIGGEST help was getting off of CPAP, tried mouthguards and tongue retainers for sleep apnea, still felt better than cpap but realized they materials in these were also ******* me up

- found some sort of baseline after over three years simply by stopping all sleep apnea like gizmo's and stopping all medication
- Currently 5 weeks off of pristiq and although my cognition seems to be coming back and has been the highest it has in over 3 years...I'm still left with a RUINED metabolism/nervous system
- I tried out Alpha GPC while on my last few weeks of pristiq and felt amazing for about a day which lead me to to the acetylcholine/cholinergic anti inflammatory pathway

RAYPEAT

- this has offered me a new sort of relief to anxiety and my chronic hyperventilation
- I feel like my body is RIDDLED with toxic substances as my detox pathways/metabolism has been trashed/blunted by years of CPAP, SSRI meds etc, and now that things are starting to move again im feeling like absolute dog ***t, although 100x better than being in a constant derealized, numbed out & helpless state

Psychotropic medications
- cannot tolerate SSRIS at all, although they give me extreme relief acutely, within 2-3 days I am RIDDLED with side effects
- anything that inhibits DAO ***** me up, anything that increases histamine in any way ***** me up, my system CANNOT handle histamine
- tried all SSRIS, TCA's, clonidine, amphetamines, valproic acid, lithium ororate, 5 htp, sooo many things...nothing is consistent..everything turns on me in some way
- I found relief in cyproheptadine about a year ago before things got reallly bad
- I doubt i'd be able to handle it now due to its anticholinergic effects, also anti histamines leave me alot worse causing constipation, sinus dryness/pain

- if acetylcholine goes too low I start to become overwhelmingly brain fogged and fatigued
- Same with seretonin, sometimes when I'm feeling super depressed Ill have a 5htp...but if i have too much ill become more depressed and brainfogged...
- I recently tried roughly 5mg of memantine...felt anxiety relief for the day and actually felt happiness...yet this quickly turned on me due to the long halflife and my brainfog increase more every day till it was out of my system...Was having Gotu Kola tea (acetylcholinerase inhibitor) to reduce side effects which worked initially but was overthrown into depression again very quickly

- I'm extremely sensitive to PUFA's, intense anxiety, overheating and panic attacks ensure shortly after and go on into the next day...I believe I need to figure out how to eliminate these
- My diet is basically orange juice ,apple juice, almond milk, coffee, white potatoes, salt, rye bread (?), butter, honey, maple syrup, MCT oil, - going to build on this w/ oysters, liver etc
- Brainfog is still very bad and seem to go through different periods because I keep trying out different supplements etc because I'm yet to find any consistent sort of safety net for brain excitoxic brain
- Every few days i'll have 1mg ativan which helps yet worsens my supposed sleep apnea, (my tracker says I have a 2 AHI though...??) yet I never feel rested.
- Just desperately looking any relief I can get at this stage until I can recover from the last few years...
- Anything that seems to increase acetylcholine/inhibit acetylcholinesterase seems to increase anxiety and brainfog...so i'll counter it with something that LOWERS it..putting me in a constant seesaw state..
- I believe the issue lies at my trashed metabolism from extreme food restrictions, fasting, carnivore diet for a prolonged period hence the inability to handle histamines etc

I have so much potential in life to strive and help those around me but it seems I have the world sitting on my shoulders and stuck in a state that make me feel like absolute trash...I need some sort of direction health wise so I know what I'm doing is actually right.. The fact I've somehow managed to nearly complete my honours year of my psychology degree is completely baffling as I feel as if the difference between myself completely giving up and persueing heavy anti psychotic/schizophrenic treatment is my intuition and speculation that beneath all of the foggy distortion I am actually someone with a lot of value and self worth who truely wants to help others and build a respectable life & family - Yet alot of the time I truly belief that my body is so AGAINST me that I simply have no idea how to return to a macro state of wellbeing, rather than short lived acute periods of feeling "normal"

Anyone who is willing to lend me a helping hand or any information would be MUCH appreciate by myself and my family who is also having to deal with what I have to go through on a daily basis.

I apologise profusely for how I have written this post, I am completely mentally exhausted and can only think In short bursts..There is no sense of structure, linearity or consistency within my mind.. as reflected by my writing style

Some short questions:
Given my clear cut issue with HISTAMINE/Neuroinflammation cascase - would with imply potential/varying pathways of supplemental persuits?
Is time going to my best friend here in that my natural acetylcholine system will eventually re-desensitize itself and allow my system to start running again without mood/anxiety issues?

Your diet seem low in protein. You said you want to add in liver and oysters, and although that is great, you'd have to eat a mountain of these before you'll get enough protein. Protein is essential for providing amino acids for neurotransmitters so I'd definitely up my protein if I were you. Or do you get negative reactions from eating meat in general?
It's good that you're going to up your liver and oysters, since they're rich in copper and iron. Copper is needed to break down histamine and iron is needed for the synthesis of neurotransmitters.
Then, for energy and CO2, lots of carbs and salt with vitamin B1, B2, niacinamide, B6 and magnesium. B1 in high doses is very effective for increasing CO2. B2 is essential for energy production. Niacinamide and magnesium are fantastic against anxiety and depression. B6 is essential for the synthesis of neurotransmitters.

GelatinGoblin

I wrote a long-**** reply but lost it.

Eat beef, make gelatin stock from beef (SHANKS, OXTAIL, TERES MAJOR/SHOULDER CUT), eat fruits boiled kale swiss chard asparagus and red skinned potato with skin on, use sea salt with potatoes and veggies ive mentioned.
Fat from coconut oil, butter and good olive oil (from christian arabs amish or whatever you have in your specific country, if dont have said people no olive oil).
More sun exposure, cook eggs well, add shredded chesse like parmasen maybe chedder, solid parmesan, to your eggs.
Talk to more people. Exercise. Since you have sleep-apnea I assume overweight ---> exercise and lower carbs a bit, replanish glucose stores after exercise or not your choice. Walking is pretty damn good low stress exercise, my grandfather walked tens of KM somedays and lived fairly long.
Start boxing if you have a club nearby/bus length away/driveable distance. Because you're 24, be respectful to the coach and be passionate about it. Engage in convos with him and he'll train you good if he doesnt favour anybody else.

T

TheBeard

Health history:

RAYPEAT

Psychotropic medications

Some short questions:

What is the diet you felt overall best with in terms of energy and cognition?
Carnivore?