Hyperthermia And Immunity In "Spontaneous" Tumor Regression

InChristAlone

Fever rapidly detoxes poison A. Voila cured.

Lee Simeon

Glad to see I am in your thoughts ima-maniac. I am back on Vit E Succinate, Inosine, Selenium, and Idea labs Energin, Magnaoil, K2, and D3
I am looking for a Succinate product that does not contain silica, which product do you use?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why is it sad? If you read the abstract both the ORR (tumour shrinkage) and duration of response were met. At SITC the company present data on the intratumoral injected 20 mg dose. It provides increased activity with a similar safety profile as that seen in the 10 mg dose. There was a positive trend of more rapid and deeper abscopal responses. Based on preclinical data a triplet treatment of G100, anti-CTLA4 and anti-OX40 injected into a single lesion is able to cure mice with established disease Intratumoral Injection of TLR4 Agonist (G100) Leads to Tumor Regression of A20 Lymphoma and Induces Abscopal Responses This has been shown by other groups as well JCI - Depleting tumor-specific Tregs at a single site eradicates disseminated tumors Eradication of spontaneous malignancy by local immunotherapy

Chronic TLR4 agonism (usually from endotoxin) is perhaps the main metabolic pathway through which most cancers start. Opioids are potent TLR4 agonists, and they have been used on cancer patients for decades. I have to hear of anybody getting better from using them. Short-term improvements are not impossible and similar approaches have been used in the past by injecting TNF-a. Yet, nobody was ever cured, patients quickly regressed and that approach was abandoned. Google for "TNF therapy in cancer". Here is something as a start.
Tumor necrosis factor and cancer, buddies or foes?
"...Although TNF has cytotoxic, cytostatic, and immunomodulatory effects on malignant tumors, using TNF as a chemotherapeutic drug has been hampered by its deleterious side effects, including systemic shock and widespread inflammatory responses. In addition, many cancer cells are resistant to TNF-induced cytotoxicity."

Last edited:

jondoeuk

Chronic TLR4 agonism (usually from endotoxin) is perhaps the main metabolic pathway through which most cancers start. Opioids are potent TLR4 agonists, and they have been used on cancer patients for decades. I have to hear of anybody getting better from using them. Short-term improvements are not impossible and similar approaches have been used in the past by injecting TNF-a. Yet, nobody was ever cured, patients quickly regressed and that approach was abandoned. Google for "TNF therapy in cancer". Here is something as a start.
Tumor necrosis factor and cancer, buddies or foes?
"...Although TNF has cytotoxic, cytostatic, and immunomodulatory effects on malignant tumors, using TNF as a chemotherapeutic drug has been hampered by its deleterious side effects, including systemic shock and widespread inflammatory responses. In addition, many cancer cells are resistant to TNF-induced cytotoxicity."

For the G100 trial the FDA said they wanted to an ORR (tumour shrinkage) of at least 40% and duration of response of at least 10 months. The ASH abstract shows the ORR was 54% and duration of response over 11 months. The patient population had failed three-lines of prior therapy. Using the higher dose both shrinkage and duration should improve.

As for TNF there are ways to sensitize patients to it (IAPi). Based on the mechanism of action of STING agonists (these are injected directly into a tumour) it makes sense to test these along with oral small molecule inhibitors of IAP IAP inhibitors enhance co-stimulation to promote tumor immunity

haidut

Forum Supporter
For the G100 trial the FDA said they wanted to an ORR (tumour shrinkage) of at least 40% and duration of response of at least 10 months. The ASH abstract shows the ORR was 54% and duration of response over 11 months. The patient population had failed three-lines of prior therapy. Using the higher dose both shrinkage and duration should improve.

As for TNF there are ways to sensitize patients to it (IAPi). Based on the mechanism of action of STING agonists (these are injected directly into a tumour) it makes sense to test these along with oral small molecule inhibitors of IAP IAP inhibitors enhance co-stimulation to promote tumor immunity

Instead of messing with TLR4, which increases NF-kB, prostaglandins, leukotrienes, NO, serotonin, etc (all of which are involved in cancer growth) it may be better to simply restore thymus gland by blocking cortisol/estrogen/serotonin. These 3 are the primary reasons for declining immune function with age.
Immune Decline (Not Genetics) Causes Cancer And It Can Be Easily Fixed
Reducing Estrogen Synthesis Regenerates Thymus Destroyed By Aging
The Serotonin Receptor 5-HT2B Is Required For Cancer; Can Be Blocked

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

InChristAlone

When the heat is generated outside of the body, it can spare nutrition to mount a proper immune response during hyperthermia and control stress.

Selected Contribution: Hyperthermia-induced intestinal permeability and the role of oxidative and nitrosative stress

Light is great, but it might be depleting for this purpose. It's related to a discussion with the one and only 'yitsmonkey'.
That study looked at temperatures exceeding 105. I don't think I have even achieved a fever that high in my life. And 107 can be deadly. Has anyone fried their body from using a heat lamp?

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

That study looked at temperatures exceeding 105. I don't think I have even achieved a fever that high in my life. And 107 can be deadly. Has anyone fried their body from using a heat lamp?
It requires abstraction on your part. Sometimes I leave information without context thinking it could be interesting for people to interpret however they like, but it doesn't work as expect because I eventually have to explain myself later.

But that's the extreme, however heat stress is known for amplifying current stressors. Leaky gut is common and during sustained hyperthermia it can be made worse. Temperatures that cause discomfort are stressful, but this is the goal of this sort of approach.

Heat stress, gastrointestinal permeability and interleukin-6 signaling — Implications for exercise performance and fatigue
"During either passive or exertional heat stress, GI permeability can be exacerbated due to rising core temperatures and preferential blood flow away from the splanchnic area, which can directly open the tight junctions and cause tissue hypoxia, oxidative stress, and damage the enterocyte membrane.29 Consequently, the damaged epithelial wall and tight junctions allow translocation of luminal LPS into the blood stream.30"

InChristAlone

It requires abstraction on your part. Sometimes I leave information without context thinking it could be interesting for people to interpret however they like, but it doesn't work as expect because I eventually have to explain myself later.

But that's the extreme, however heat stress is known for amplifying current stressors. Leaky gut is common and during sustained hyperthermia it can be made worse. Temperatures that cause discomfort are stressful, but this is the goal of this sort of approach.

Heat stress, gastrointestinal permeability and interleukin-6 signaling — Implications for exercise performance and fatigue
"During either passive or exertional heat stress, GI permeability can be exacerbated due to rising core temperatures and preferential blood flow away from the splanchnic area, which can directly open the tight junctions and cause tissue hypoxia, oxidative stress, and damage the enterocyte membrane.29 Consequently, the damaged epithelial wall and tight junctions allow translocation of luminal LPS into the blood stream.30"
But there is a lot to consider. That's what I am saying. Why would the body mount a 103 fever in the face of a bad infection while also allowing the gut to be permeable? Maybe that is what causes sepsis? But then that doesn't happen for most people. I just had a fever of 101 and I'm feeling like I'll come out the other side better than before. Heat stress can go along with dehydration and excessive activity. And we already know that long distance runners are destroying their gut. But compare that to a day at the beach or sitting under a heat lamp for a while... I'm pretty sure which ones I would choose for my health...

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

But there is a lot to consider. That's what I am saying. Why would the body mount a 103 fever in the face of a bad infection while also allowing the gut to be permeable? Maybe that is what causes sepsis? But then that doesn't happen for most people. I just had a fever of 101 and I'm feeling like I'll come out the other side better than before. Heat stress can go along with dehydration and excessive activity. And we already know that long distance runners are destroying their gut. But compare that to a day at the beach or sitting under a heat lamp for a while... I'm pretty sure which ones I would choose for my health...
The problem is that this is an artificial fever, no longer autonomic control, and people might stay on it longer than they should for lacking awareness or believing that it's a sign that toxins are being expelled.

jitsmonkey

lvysaur

I think the proper immune approach to cancer comes down to intact thymus, which depends on low estrogen/cortisol.
Explains the low incidence of cancer in Asia. Asians have thymal persistence and low estrogen as well. I'm not sure to what extent the former is caused by the latter.

Jennifer

Last edited:

AlphaCog

Does the old wives tale of growth spurt after fever has any truth to it?

Science catches up to age-old beliefs about children's growth

Science catches up to age-old beliefs about children's growth

You're buying a second pair of shoes for your youngest child in as many months. At the school year's beginning her pants are dusting the ground; by its end they're hovering right above her ankles. But your 10-year-old hasn't grown out of any clothes in two years. As any parent could tell you, "Children Do Grow in Spurts"--the title of the Great Teachers Lecture given by anthropology Assistant Professor Michelle Lampl on Feb. 18.

Was there ever any doubt? Well, the way scientists have traditionally measured growth--in annual increments much like that yearly visit to the pediatrician's office--failed to account for how growth had occurred in the interim. Based on these types of measurements, researchers believed children's growth never exceeded 1 millimeter a day.

But Lampl found that growth sneaks up on children in a kind of stealth process, erupting into spurts of a half-inch or more in a single day and occurring while they sleep. Then they have little measurable growth, or none at all, until the next episode-an effect Lampl termed "saltation-stasis" (sudden growth-rest). What's more, the body doesn't grow as a unit but in "body-segmented" spurts, with arms, legs, feet or hands growing at their own pace.

Other mechanisms such as illness may factor into growth as well. Conventional medical wisdom once held that children do not grow when they are sick, although "mother" wisdom certainly disputed that fact. ("When a child stands up after a fever they stand taller," went one old saying.)

Children often get sick when they grow, "although we don't understand the underlying mechanisms," Lampl said. One theory is that "the chemical cascade that controls growth at the cellular level also suppresses the immune system," she said. And continual ear infections in children have been found to be "coincident with growth spurts," she added.

"On the one hand [this knowledge is] a little disturbing," Lampl said. "Then on the other hand it makes perfect sense if you watch children." But "it helps to understand the variability that we know occurs in children," she said, showing a slide of a boy and a girl of the same age--the boy significantly taller than the girl. In measuring the girl's growth, Lampl said, researchers found she underwent more growing episodes. While the boy had fewer growing episodes, he grew more when growth occurred. Lampl also measured a set of twins and found they each had 14 to 15 occurrences of growth at the same intervals. "That tells us there is a biological basis to the timing of growth," she said.

Here in America and elsewhere, where the practice of feeding babies bottled formula and nutritional supplements may have skewered the norm in terms of growth, researchers are taking another look at these "norms." "Our notion of what's normal and standard is biased," Lampl said. "The data will be recollated on normal growing by using only breastfed babies to establish the normality."

Assuming mothers eat a healthy diet, their breastfeeding babies should grow well. As for children, Lampl said, "kids tell you what they need to grow. Their appetite registers very clearly." Before and after growth spurts children usually increase their caloric intake anywhere from 20 percent to 100 percent a day, she added.

But that doesn't mean parents should try to impose their own dietary restrictions on their children, Lampl stressed. "Babies need dietary fat to grow," she said. "This notion that children need what we [adults] need is a problem."

--Stacey Jones

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals