Severe Sleeplessness

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Jesilyn, Aug 23, 2020.

1. SonOfEurope

SonOfEurope Member

It appears Doxepin can renormalize the messed up Circadian Rythm of some adults.

Did you mention that you tried iodine?

Yes - cipro even used cyclically will act on most Serotonin "receptors " lowering the burden but you must follow your Gut's instinct of whatever is less inflammatory down there right.

I get along well, and always have, with Basnanti rice+greens and boiled or baked tubers, but that's just ME... you have to find your ideal stability and let your gut adapt to that particular glucose source without eating General Lao Mao'$ noodles Monday and KFC friday like people nowadays are doing.... Not letting their guts get accustomed to that one source...

2. tara

tara Member

Sometimes just maintaining blood sugar and eating enough salt can help with antihistamine effect too.

If you were overdoing the thyroid supp, that could have been contributing to sleep-disturbing stress, especially while undereating.

3. bk_

bk_ Member

Hi @Jesilyn I hope you’re doing well. I recently had the insomnia come back with a vengeance especially with regards to work/career stress. Niacinimide and progesterone weren’t helping. Months ago I stopped salting my food and stopped eating after dinner in an attempt to lose weight and reduce gut burden. I noticed I was running on adrenaline 24/7 and would eventually fall “asleep” out of sheer exhaustion and the sleep was light and poor quality. I felt like I was going insane.

I then went back to some of Peat’s original material for answers: Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease

Peat recommended something salty with simple carbs and calcium right before bed. Since I was a teenager I was always instinctively having a late night meal or snack with dairy. At 16 I cut out milk after a round of antibiotics and replaced that with soy milk and the late night snack nuts/seeds/raw spinach and cut out all caffeine (as recommended by the gurus) and then years later developed severe eczema and basically became sensitive to almost everything. Then I became full blown orthorexic trying all sorts of health guru garbage which made me hypothyroid and nearly killed me (colossal mistake!).

What I did recently is started eating salty carrots and lactose free milk with maple syrup or sugar or organic ice cream right before bed.

The first time I did that I devoured almost an entire tub of ice cream like a dog than had a pile of extremely salty carrots (I was going insane I just couldn’t stop maybe it was the extreme stress hormones and animal instincts took over). I woke up 10 hours later not even remembering how I got to bed. Since then I’ve been sleeping the best I have in a long time. I hope that helps!