Heart issues after starting thyroid

In the summer I started taking forefront health thyroid in the morning with breakfast and after about 2-3 weeks I’ve noticed I’d have dizziness, difficulty breathing, anxiety so I stopped taking it and very slowly after donating blood I stared to feel normal ( the way I was feeling before staring thyroid). Got cytomel and cynoplus and again started on 2-3 nibbles of t3 during the day and about 1/8 of cynoplus at night. After 2 weeks I increasingly had more adrenaline pounding heart beats at night, headaches and this time My left side arms were becoming numb, tingling in my legs,dizziness even when laying down, very frequent urinating. So I slowly weaned and I’ve stopped taking everything about a month ago. I’m still every evening feeling off, left arm goes numb every once in a while, my heart feels off. Can anyone tell me why might be happening? I’ve reached out to Ray and he asked if I was drinking milk and supplementing D. Told me to stop for few days and then start again at half the dose. I’m very reluctant. I’m scared I’ll end up having a heart attack. It’s giving me a lot of anxiety

Peatful

I read this is your body is in a stressed state from probably not meeting your caloric / energy needs.

Get all the macros at every meal. 40/30/30 is probably the most therapeutic.

Lay off the thyroid.
Eat more.
Reassess.

dbh25

I stopped taking thyroid 5 weeks ago, and I still have some of the same issues that you do. I have been wondering if it's side effects from taking thyroid or some other cause. Unfortunately, I have 3 weeks until a follow up appointment with a doctor.

OP
gosiafromearth
I read this is your body is in a stressed state from probably not meeting your caloric / energy needs.

Get all the macros at every meal. 40/30/30 is probably the most therapeutic.

Lay off the thyroid.
Eat more.
Reassess.
I agree with you. That part of it. I guess my question is why am I am still after a month of not taking anything feeling dizzy, numbness on my left side. It’s as if my T3 stopped being produced. It happens mostly in the evenings but sometimes earlier

Peatful

I agree with you. That part of it. I guess my question is why am I am still after a month of not taking anything feeling dizzy, numbness on my left side. It’s as if my T3 stopped being produced. It happens mostly in the evenings but sometimes earlier
I don’t have enough data from you to assess accurately.
With the little data I do have- you would benefit from upping your calories and balancing your blood sugar to calm the chaos down.
If you’re active with your job or exercise or even out in the sun, or busy with children-
Those are things that require energy.
Your body at the end of the day seems to have run out of fuel (low glycogen in liver; and or hypoglycemia).

Your temps could guide you out of this.

Last edited:
OP
gosiafromearth
I stopped taking thyroid 5 weeks ago, and I still have some of the same issues that you do. I have been wondering if it's side effects from taking thyroid or some other cause. Unfortunately, I have 3 weeks until a follow up appointment with a doctor.
Please let me know what your doctor says, how you feel and any progress... I’m still having issues and last Wednesday I had tightness in my chest for the first time. It’s really scary. I’m hoping I didn’t do permanent damage with trying the thyroid. I also took 1 drop of progesterone last week and had a horrible adrenaline reaction at night. Sometimes I wish I never found this RP information and was still living my Ignorant life drinking green juices. Since then I’ve gained 40 lbs in one year and haven’t felt good since.

Jayvee

In the summer I started taking forefront health thyroid in the morning with breakfast and after about 2-3 weeks I’ve noticed I’d have dizziness, difficulty breathing, anxiety so I stopped taking it and very slowly after donating blood I stared to feel normal ( the way I was feeling before staring thyroid). Got cytomel and cynoplus and again started on 2-3 nibbles of t3 during the day and about 1/8 of cynoplus at night. After 2 weeks I increasingly had more adrenaline pounding heart beats at night, headaches and this time My left side arms were becoming numb, tingling in my legs,dizziness even when laying down, very frequent urinating. So I slowly weaned and I’ve stopped taking everything about a month ago. I’m still every evening feeling off, left arm goes numb every once in a while, my heart feels off. Can anyone tell me why might be happening? I’ve reached out to Ray and he asked if I was drinking milk and supplementing D. Told me to stop for few days and then start again at half the dose. I’m very reluctant. I’m scared I’ll end up having a heart attack. It’s giving me a lot of anxiety
Hey, sorry to bother you on an old post, did you ever resolve this? I took a single dose of NDT and its put me in an awful way. Pretty sure I had a mini stroke and I'm having issues even now

DonLore

Paradoxical effects since hypothyroid people are low in magnesium, maybe potassium and sodium? Same thing as people who start B1 and get similar symptoms, since the body has created lot of work arounds so it cant/dont have nutrients to support higher oxidative metabolism. See if milk, magnesium, B complex, boron, liver/seafood/eggs for a few weeks fixes things. Probably safest to start t3 at 1mcg and slowly increase?

OP
gosiafromearth
Hey, sorry to bother you on an old post, did you ever resolve this? I took a single dose of NDT and its put me in an awful way. Pretty sure I had a mini stroke and I'm having issues even now
When did you take it and how long has it been? My issues slowly started to go away but I still get numbness and strange sensations every once in a while. But much less frequent now

Jayvee

When did you take it and how long has it been? My issues slowly started to go away but I still get numbness and strange sensations every once in a while. But much less frequent now
I took a single dose of Throvanz desicatted thyroid around the same time as I was 3 days into taking antibiotics, I was blaming the antibiotic but now I think it was the thyroid. This was just over 2 weeks ago and I've mostly been okay but something keeps causing it to come back and put me in a hypertension state. It's very scary

OP
gosiafromearth
I took a single dose of Throvanz desicatted thyroid around the same time as I was 3 days into taking antibiotics, I was blaming the antibiotic but now I think it was the thyroid. This was just over 2 weeks ago and I've mostly been okay but something keeps causing it to come back and put me in a hypertension state. It's very scary
Does it happen more in the evening?

OP
gosiafromearth
Yep, but today it happened this morning. I had too much coffee I think which triggered it.
Coffee always triggers me now. I have to do half decaf. Ray had heart issues when he supplemented thyroid only in the morning and by night time his heart would stop sometimes. Have you reached out to him?

Jayvee

Coffee always triggers me now. I have to do half decaf. Ray had heart issues when he supplemented thyroid only in the morning and by night time his heart would stop sometimes. Have you reached out to him?

His heart would stop?! That is scary. I felt like that happened to me or it got very weak at least.

Yeah i have reached out to him but I think I confused matters for him as I told him I thought it was the penicillin that caused my blood pressure to go up (I dont like bugging him so I kind of just stopped the conversation and went off to do my own research).

I think Coffee has some comparable qualities to thyroid from what I have read so maybe its acting that way on thyroid hormones and then causing a crash in the evening. Have you improved since using decaf?

OP
gosiafromearth
His heart would stop?! That is scary. I felt like that happened to me or it got very weak at least.

Yeah i have reached out to him but I think I confused matters for him as I told him I thought it was the penicillin that caused my blood pressure to go up (I dont like bugging him so I kind of just stopped the conversation and went off to do my own research).

I think Coffee has some comparable qualities to thyroid from what I have read so maybe its acting that way on thyroid hormones and then causing a crash in the evening. Have you improved since using decaf?
I use half decaf half regular and it helps for sure.
Yes his heart would stop and he would induce cough to make it start again. He talks about it so casually. I’m definitely not as bad as I was before with my heart. But it took a few months to go back to semi normal. It’s not the same as before I started the thyroid but at least it doesn’t happen every day. I hope you figure it out and heal soon. It’s such a scary and uncomfortable feeling. Now I can even take aspirin or progesterone because I feel like I’m going to have a heart attack. It sucks

Jayvee

Yeah I know the feeling. That Is a little bit mental, I guess if you know what's going on it's not as scary, for us its terrifying because we dont know what's happening. The cough trick does help a bit, I never thought I'd have heart issues. I am finding Aspirin useful though. maybe try not having decaf either and see if that helps. In between my heart issue episodes I have felt fine. Yesterday I felt amazing then I crashed and my heart issues came back today after coffee.

Jayvee

Just to update. I started back on very small amounts of t3 and it seems to be helping. For me atleast, I went and took too much thyroid at once and then caused an adrenaline reaction (which feels a lot like a heart attack/stroke) which I think the t3 is helping to combat. Also, I think the adrenaline stays elevated for a while and can deplete some minerals and vitamins. My approach so far has been to wait and each oysters, liver, fruit B vitamins (with additional b1) and start on really small doses of t3¥ only and this has put me back on track (so far).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals