Sweating & Low Temps After Discontinuing Thyroid

mgrabs

28 year old Male

So i stopped thyroid 3 weeks ago & im currently trying to allow myself to go back into balance without supplememts.

I feel as if my emotions are at least back. But I’m very low energy on and off through the day.

My main culprit is random hot flashes. Sometimes after eating.

Most obvious hot flashes are after dinner time….and hardcore on and off throughout the night. This morning I woke up sooooo hot. So I immediately took my temps and it says 96.75!! Inwould think I’d be 98 at this point..

What should I do? Wait some time to give my body a chance to rebalance? Or is this my life now? I stopped everything on June 1st of 2023. So 19 days ago.

Any advice would be great. I felt like thyroid wasn’t helping but I also feel I was too high of a dose. My TSH came back suppressed. I felt very emotionless.

youngsinatra

28 year old Male

So i stopped thyroid 3 weeks ago & im currently trying to allow myself to go back into balance without supplememts.

I feel as if my emotions are at least back. But I’m very low energy on and off through the day.

Most obvious hot flashes are after dinner time….and hardcore on and off throughout the night. This morning I woke up sooooo hot. So I immediately took my temps and it says 96.75!! Inwould think I’d be 98 at this point..

What should I do? Wait some time to give my body a chance to rebalance? Or is this my life now? I stopped everything on June 1st of 2023. So 19 days ago.

Any advice would be great. I felt like thyroid wasn’t helping but I also feel I was too high of a dose. My TSH came back suppressed. I felt very emotionless.
I also had these hot flashes with low body temperature. Still haven’t figured it out yet, but I think high acetylcholine/histamine is involved as it also is coupled with low pulse/bradycardia, excess saliva, depressed mood and perfuse sweating.

OP
M

mgrabs

I also had these hot flashes with low body temperature. Still haven’t figured it out yet, but I think high acetylcholine/histamine is involved as it also is coupled with low pulse/bradycardia, excess saliva, depressed mood and perfuse sweating.
Ugh. What do you suggest doing? Maybe my thyroid dose was too high and start back up low and slow? I dont even know. Ill have to get bloods first again. I wanted to wait for bloods until everything was out of my system

Peatful

28 year old Male

First and foremost
You will be fine
No worries
I promise

Wise for you to stop
And
By your text above
You intuitively seem to know what to do
Meaning
Quit your supplement routine
Quit the thyroid
And find balance

I assume you down regulated your thyroid
So
Now
Your adrenals are working to make up for the lack of the unnatural thyroid you were putting in

You don’t mention your diet
But
I would really pay attention to eating well
And
Eating balanced macros (frequently i might add) to keep your blood sugar steady
No dips please

Food as medicine

Keep us posted as able

And
Your experiment has helped you!
It shows you great data moving ahead on your healing journey
No damage done

TLDR: you stressed your adrenals. Hence your current symptoms.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Ugh. What do you suggest doing? Maybe my thyroid dose was too high and start back up low and slow? I dont even know. Ill have to get bloods first again. I wanted to wait for bloods until everything was out of my system
Yes blood work is a good idea. What was your highest dose? (T4/T3 amount or grains)

I am still figuring out my personal dose. At half a tablet of Novotiral (1 grain) I still feel a lil suboptimal and a bit hypo and at a full tablet (2 grains) I feel hyper (~100 pulse and 37.3-37.4 C temp), now I‘m at 3/4 of a tablet (1.5 grains) which feels pretty damn good, but even that sometimes a lil bit too much on the resting heart rate. Right now, it’s pretty hot where I live and dialing in the thyroid dose gets a bit difficult, because I feel warm all the time. I think I‘ll end up anywhere between 1.25 - 1.5 grains.

I think Ray said that thyroid needs change with the seasons, needing more in the winter and significantly less in the summer.

Last edited:
OP
M

mgrabs

Yes blood work is a good idea. What was your highest dose? (T4/T3 amount or grains)

I am still figuring out my personal dose. At half a tablet of Novotiral (1 grain) I still feel a lil suboptimal and a bit hypo and at a full tablet (2 grains) I feel hyper (~100 pulse and 37.3-37.4 C temp), now I‘m at 3/4 of a tablet (1.5 grains) which feels pretty damn good, but even that sometimes a lil bit too much on the resting heart rate. Right now, it’s pretty hot where I live and dialing in the thyroid dose gets a bit difficult, because I feel warm all the time. I think I‘ll end up anywhere between 1.25 - 1.5 grains.

I think Ray said that thyroid needs change with the seasons, needing more in the winter and significantly less in the summer.
Why are you on thyroid? What have been your health concerns & current lifestyle diet choices? Just curious to hear a little

youngsinatra

Hypothyroid symptoms, suboptimal but still „normal“ thyroid labs. TSH around 3. Not so significant health improvements in the last 1.5 years. I had/have IBS, gallbladder problems, liver issues, chronic unresponsive copper deficiency, chronic fatigue, depression, dizziness, vertigo, acetylcholine excess, low temperature and pulse.

Have done everything. Paleo, vegan, ketogenic, carnivore, gut rebuilding, prometabolic, liver detox diet, adrenal support. All kinds of supplements (wasted thousands of $) and protocols without much improvement.

„When doubt exists, a trial of thyroid supplementation may be the most useful diagnostic tool." — M.B. James (1981)

OP
M

mgrabs

Hypothyroid symptoms, suboptimal but still „normal“ thyroid labs. TSH around 3. Not so significant health improvements in the last 1.5 years. I had/have IBS, gallbladder problems, liver issues, chronic unresponsive copper deficiency, chronic fatigue, depression, dizziness, vertigo, acetylcholine excess, low temperature and pulse.

Have done everything. Paleo, vegan, ketogenic, carnivore, gut rebuilding, prometabolic, liver detox diet, adrenal support. All kinds of supplements (wasted thousands of $) and protocols without much improvement.

„When doubt exists, a trial of thyroid supplementation may be the most useful diagnostic tool." — M.B. James (1981)
Wow thats tough to deal with. One question… what kind of exercise do you do? Are you very sedentary? Weight training 3 times a week and high intensity 2-3 times per week has helped with cortisol levels & stress response towards everything else in life that gets tough.. if that makes sense

youngsinatra

Wow thats tough to deal with. One question… what kind of exercise do you do? Are you very sedentary? Weight training 3 times a week and high intensity 2-3 times per week has helped with cortisol levels & stress response towards everything else in life that gets tough.. if that makes sense
I used to do hypertrophy training in the past (4-6 times a week) but in the last 2 years I was basically unable to do any exercise due to exercise intolerance, vertigo and post-exertional malaise. (PEM)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals