Clueless about thyroid/basal body temps & symptoms

superhuman

Mittir: cool, do you think its "better" then dosing everyday? did you start out with 200 000 IU`s a month ? have you noticed any benefits from it ?

Mittir

I have been taking 2,000-4,000 IU for 6-7 years and i always found it
helpful. Last year, i tried to get it from sun exposure only. I think it was not helpful.
I have read that air pollution plays a role in UVB availability for vitamin D production.
I am doing the monthly dose just for convenience. Half life of stored vitamin D is about 2 month.
Dr Hollick thinks weekly, bi-weekly and monthly doses are fine.
I noticed immediate benefits from using vitamin D supplement.
I started with 200,000 for first two month. I think i was quite depleted after a year
of sun light therapy. I did not do blood test for D3 but it is good idea to test
D3 before supplementing.

J

j.

Mittir said:
Last year, i tried to get it from sun exposure only. I think it was not helpful.
I have read that air pollution plays a role in UVB availability for vitamin D production.

What time did you sunbathe? I think the proportion of UVB is highest at noon. So at noon you produce the greatest amount of vitamin D. I sunbathe a few minutes between noon and 3 p.m. I noticed that if I do it at other times, I feel bad the next day, even if I don't get a sunburn, I guess because I get too much UVA at those hours.

I feel good when I do it, but I haven't yet measured my levels.