High Pulse, Low Morning Temperature

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by danks010101, Oct 14, 2020 at 1:14 PM.

1. danks010101

danks010101 Member

Hey I'm 24 year old male I've been struggling with fatigue and irritability/depression/lack of good libido with gut issues (and recently hemmorhoids/yellowish stools) on and off for pretty much all my life sometimes better sometimes worse, I recently came back to peating which I've struggled to implement in the past.

I've started to take my oral temperature and pulse in the morning and then after eating food a typical day looks like this;

-Wake up = 96-97F max (Avg 96.4F) NEVER seen anything higher than 97.4F at around 8AM Pulse usually around 70s
    -Mid morning after hot shower then drinking hot milk and sugar + coffee = Temperature 97.6-98F/Pulse 90-100 (Pulse actually stays elevated in the 90s for most of the day particularly with plenty of sugar)
    -After lunch 97.6-98.6 generally
    -Evening tends to be easy for me to be around 98-98.6F
    -Slowly drops to 97F before bed
    -Wake up at 96F again

I don't feel particularly great and struggle with appetite and constipation for as long as I can remember, I get stressed easily and irritable/angry.

I can have good mood and good days but the overall trend is pretty subpar energy and mood. I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD and am taking atomoxetine.

I once had a blood test 4-5 years ago which came back with a TSH of 3.3 this was within range and ignored.

I generally look quite well I have a good head of hair, am attractive and have an athletic build and I put muscle on fairly ok (just dont have much energy/motivation for the gym) past few years I have developed more fat on my stomach that is harder to shift, also I store most of my body fat on my thighs/buttocks.

I don't want to self diagnose anything without getting an up to date blood test but it certainly looks like I could potentially be slightly hypothyroid I am currently being supported by my family to get to the root of my "concentration/motivation issues" which like I said have been diagnosed as ADHD but a Professional Psychiatrist in London UK, the atomoxetine isn't working at the moment (might even be making me more irritable) so I will be speaking with him again but I'm wondering whether I should bring up Physiological imbalances as being a potential culprit for my ADHD symptoms?

Cheers.

2. R J

R J Member

3. Hans

Hans Member

Most likely elevated noradrenaline and adrenaline, which is elevating the pulse and contributing to depression, ADHD, irritability, etc. Elevated cortisol, which is causing fat storage around the mid section. Low thyroid which leads to low temps.
    I'd first focus on fixing the gut (which is most likely the root cause of your symptoms) and then lower the catecholamines (e.g. salt, agmatine, etc.) and boost thyroid (perhaps even take thyroid to speed up recovery).

4. laleto12

laleto12 Member

Our story resembles a lot. Im watching this topic.

5. OP
    danks010101

danks010101 Member

Thanks for the response,

I try to keep adrenaline low by always having something sweet and salty nearby (whole milk with sugar syrup and sea salt, I use whole milk as I pee ***t loads if I use skimmed/semi skimmed) but it seems to happen over night and makes me cold and somewhat stressed when I wake up, as I can get my temps up decently during the day. I tend to feel better during the evening (it's probably the only time I actually feel the ghrelin feeling of real hunger) and have had a general trend to enjoy staying up later and later as I find 12AM onwards I'm more relaxed and peaceful.

I have tried adding some supplemental salt on top of what I get in my OJ/Milk/Cheese/Potatoes according to Haidut's study he posted here Optimal Sodium Intake Is At Least 230% Higher Than RDA

I actually found that just taking about 2 whole teaspoons spread out in 1/2 teaspoon doses over the course of the day made my irritability, fatigue and depression even worse, not sure quite why. I haven't tried agmatine though I will look into that.

I'll certainly be trying to get my TSH tested again and hopefully (if elevated) further thyroid tests, if not I will probably just order some t3/t4 anyway.

I have tried a few things to resolve gut issues, Cutting out gluten, eating raw carrot salads, thoroughly cooked mushrooms, sodium acetate (Nathan hatch), cascara Sagrada.
    They help somewhat but don't seem to fix the issue.

At a bit of a loss as to what I can do next to really heal my gut.

6. OP
    danks010101

danks010101 Member

Should also mention I'm currently using some Cyproheptadine with small nibbles of .5 - 1mg x2 per day to help with appetite and lowering cortisol, it does seem to have somewhat calming effect but also tends to make me feel a bit like a zombie til midday and possibly more irritable and depressed. It's been about 5 days or so at this dose.

7. OP
    danks010101

danks010101 Member

Glad to hear I'm not alone, I will hopefully have some tests to post here in the not too distant future.

8. OP
    danks010101

danks010101 Member

9. OP
    danks010101

danks010101 Member

Here is the diet I have decided to try, focusing on nutrient density rather than necking a load of pills and spreading the liquids throughout the day as to avoid lowering metabolism.

6 Ft
    92kg

Roughly 3000 calories

20% Protein
    20% Fat
    60% Carbs

Will try and do 10 minute walks x3 a day after meals

Supplements used;

-Orange triad multivitamin (Half dose)
    -Coffee when eating liver
    -Nutritional Yeast
    -Sodium acetate