Relationship Between Adrenaline, Thyroid and Estrogen

TNT

What's the relationship between adrenaline, thyroid and estrogen? Do estrogen surges create thyroid drops, then adrenaline kicks in to create energy? Here's why I'm asking. I'm menopausing hard -- insane adrenaline surges with hot flashes, and a constant low-grade hyper-adrenaline state. I'm eating tons (including sugar), but that's not really helping. And weirdly, my thyroid is lower now than it's ever been, which makes me think that's a factor, too. But I don't know how to conceptualize what's happening -- I just know I have high adrenaline, low thyroid, and my estrogen is doing what estrogen does at menopause that whacks people out. BTW, I was taking bioidentical estrogen along with progesterone until 10 weeks ago, but about a month after I stopped the estrogen and just stuck with progesterone, the hot flashes/adrenaline surges started.

mostlylurking

What's the relationship between adrenaline, thyroid and estrogen? Do estrogen surges create thyroid drops, then adrenaline kicks in to create energy? Here's why I'm asking. I'm menopausing hard -- insane adrenaline surges with hot flashes, and a constant low-grade hyper-adrenaline state. I'm eating tons (including sugar), but that's not really helping. And weirdly, my thyroid is lower now than it's ever been, which makes me think that's a factor, too. But I don't know how to conceptualize what's happening -- I just know I have high adrenaline, low thyroid, and my estrogen is doing what estrogen does at menopause that whacks people out. BTW, I was taking bioidentical estrogen along with progesterone until 10 weeks ago, but about a month after I stopped the estrogen and just stuck with progesterone, the hot flashes/adrenaline surges started.
Sounds like you're not getting enough progesterone? Is this a doctor formulated compounded product? I tried one of those years ago but I found out later that they had compounded it in a soy base, which was itself estrogenic.

When starting on progesterone, some people experience worsening symptoms at first because the progesterone gets the estrogen out of the cells so the liver can get rid of it so for a little while the effect is like increased estrogen. Assuming you are eating enough protein to feed the liver so it can do its job, the liver will clear the estrogen out of the body in a few days(?), assuming you are taking enough progesterone.

Diet is really important. Polyunsaturated fats are estrogenic so need to be banned from the diet. PUFA is stored in the fat cells for years. Body fat is estrogenic. All the body's cells can make estrogen. Estrogen causes inflammation and inflammation causes an increase in estrogen.

Avocados are high in polyunsaturated fats. Grapefruit is estrogenic.

OP
T

TNT

Sounds like you're not getting enough progesterone? Is this a doctor formulated compounded product? I tried one of those years ago but I found out later that they had compounded it in a soy base, which was itself estrogenic.

When starting on progesterone, some people experience worsening symptoms at first because the progesterone gets the estrogen out of the cells so the liver can get rid of it so for a little while the effect is like increased estrogen. Assuming you are eating enough protein to feed the liver so it can do its job, the liver will clear the estrogen out of the body in a few days(?), assuming you are taking enough progesterone.

Diet is really important. Polyunsaturated fats are estrogenic so need to be banned from the diet. PUFA is stored in the fat cells for years. Body fat is estrogenic. All the body's cells can make estrogen. Estrogen causes inflammation and inflammation causes an increase in estrogen.

Avocados are high in polyunsaturated fats. Grapefruit is estrogenic.
Thank you, mostlylurking! I'm using Progestene -- 24 drops/day. That's a decent dosage, isn't it? And I don't eat PUFAs -- my only fats are from raw, grass-fed dairy and lamb. And although my liver is inflamed, I'm doing everything I can to support it -- plenty of protein and various types of detoxing. But I'm wondering how thyroid relates to all of this, esp. since I just got testing back, and my thyroid is lower than it's ever been.

mostlylurking

Thank you, mostlylurking! I'm using Progestene -- 24 drops/day. That's a decent dosage, isn't it? And I don't eat PUFAs -- my only fats are from raw, grass-fed dairy and lamb. And although my liver is inflamed, I'm doing everything I can to support it -- plenty of protein and various types of detoxing. But I'm wondering how thyroid relates to all of this, esp. since I just got testing back, and my thyroid is lower than it's ever been.
Low thyroid is a very big deal. Your liver can't work without T3. The liver converts T4 into T3 but it needs some T3 to "prime the pump". High estrogen blocks thyroid function.

I have not used "Progestene", sorry. A quick search yields this: "...Progestene used a mixture of SFA esters and ethanol." I use progesterone dissolved in vitamin E because they compliment each other. Vitamin E is anti-estrogenic itself.

found this about Progestene:
"Each serving (12 drops) contains the following ingredients:
Progesterone, USP - 20mg", so 24 drops should equal 40 mg which is comparable to the dose that I take. But you aren't getting any vitamin E; also ethanol is toxic to the liver.

Do you know why your liver is inflamed? Have you been exposed to environmental toxins? Do you consume any alcohol at all? Have you purged your personal care products? Are you exposed to cigarette smoke?

A thiamine deficiency also handicaps liver function, along with a multitude of other things.

OP
T

TNT

Low thyroid is a very big deal. Your liver can't work without T3. The liver converts T4 into T3 but it needs some T3 to "prime the pump". High estrogen blocks thyroid function.

I have not used "Progestene", sorry. A quick search yields this: "...Progestene used a mixture of SFA esters and ethanol." I use progesterone dissolved in vitamin E because they compliment each other. Vitamin E is anti-estrogenic itself.

found this about Progestene:
"Each serving (12 drops) contains the following ingredients:
Progesterone, USP - 20mg", so 24 drops should equal 40 mg which is comparable to the dose that I take. But you aren't getting any vitamin E; also ethanol is toxic to the liver.

Do you know why your liver is inflamed? Have you been exposed to environmental toxins? Do you consume any alcohol at all? Have you purged your personal care products? Are you exposed to cigarette smoke?

A thiamine deficiency also handicaps liver function, along with a multitude of other things.
I take Vitamin E at the same time I use the progesterone. I don't know why my liver is inflamed. I don't drink alcohol or smoke or use synthetic personal care products, but I've had huge toxicity issues in the past from which I thought I was mostly detoxed, but now my liver is inflamed. And I take tons of thiamine.

I wonder if I should take T3. My T4 converts to Reverse T3, so taking T4 isn't a great idea.

mostlylurking

I take Vitamin E at the same time I use the progesterone. I don't know why my liver is inflamed. I don't drink alcohol or smoke or use synthetic personal care products, but I've had huge toxicity issues in the past from which I thought I was mostly detoxed, but now my liver is inflamed. And I take tons of thiamine.

I wonder if I should take T3. My T4 converts to Reverse T3, so taking T4 isn't a great idea.
Have you read Ray Peat's articles on thyroid? Here's a search engine for his articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the search cell on the left.
Also here's a search engine for the audio shows: Bioenergetic Search

I searched using the audio link for "reverse T3" and found the video below. Peat mentions cortisol as being the culprit for reverse T3. The combination of this clue plus your original question about how adrenaline fits into the mix makes me think that you might have elevated stress hormones, which tie into high estrogen. Searching the Peat articles for "cortisol" and "stress hormones" might be helpful.

View: https://youtu.be/VZ1s7nkNk4Q?t=1392

I've had a lot of toxicity problems in my life. My problems with toxins started with mercury amalgams when I was a kid. I also picked up quite a bit of lead over the years from house renovations. Heavy metals are sneaky and hang around forever. There's a correlation between the amount of heavy metals a person is carrying (particularly lead) and the need for additional thiamine. Also, if someone is thiamine deficient they tend to be more sensitive to environmental toxins. This has been a big problem for me for many years. I believe that the more toxins a person carries inside their body, the more sensitive they are to additional toxin exposure.

The liver is responsible for detoxing estrogen. If the liver is inflamed it seems to me that it would probably not be working optimally.

I did a quick search for "estrogen and liver inflammation" and found this:

OP
T

TNT

Have you read Ray Peat's articles on thyroid? Here's a search engine for his articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the search cell on the left.
Also here's a search engine for the audio shows: Bioenergetic Search

I searched using the audio link for "reverse T3" and found the video below. Peat mentions cortisol as being the culprit for reverse T3. The combination of this clue plus your original question about how adrenaline fits into the mix makes me think that you might have elevated stress hormones, which tie into high estrogen. Searching the Peat articles for "cortisol" and "stress hormones" might be helpful.

View: https://youtu.be/VZ1s7nkNk4Q?t=1392

I've had a lot of toxicity problems in my life. My problems with toxins started with mercury amalgams when I was a kid. I also picked up quite a bit of lead over the years from house renovations. Heavy metals are sneaky and hang around forever. There's a correlation between the amount of heavy metals a person is carrying (particularly lead) and the need for additional thiamine. Also, if someone is thiamine deficient they tend to be more sensitive to environmental toxins. This has been a big problem for me for many years. I believe that the more toxins a person carries inside their body, the more sensitive they are to additional toxin exposure.

The liver is responsible for detoxing estrogen. If the liver is inflamed it seems to me that it would probably not be working optimally.

I did a quick search for "estrogen and liver inflammation" and found this:

Wow, how cool that there are these search engines! Yes, I do have elevated stress hormones. And toxic metals (esp. mercury) have been one of my biggest toxic issues, as well as mold in more recent years.

Ray seems to think that OJ and milk are enough to fix the thyroid, but I do lots of both, and my thyroid is the worst it's ever been, so I suspect I need more help with that.

mostlylurking

Wow, how cool that there are these search engines! Yes, I do have elevated stress hormones. And toxic metals (esp. mercury) have been one of my biggest toxic issues, as well as mold in more recent years.

Ray seems to think that OJ and milk are enough to fix the thyroid, but I do lots of both, and my thyroid is the worst it's ever been, so I suspect I need more help with that.
I don't think that Ray includes heavy metal poisoning in the equation. Mercury is especially difficult. Did/do you have mercury amalgams in your mouth? Are you in the U.S.?

Do you have aluminum toxicity? Prior exposure?

InChristAlone

Sounds like the estrogen did a number on your liver and it's trying to come out. That can cause the adrenaline. Try using small amounts of vitamin E, Ray likes the high Gamma type from unique E.

OP
T

TNT

Sounds like the estrogen did a number on your liver and it's trying to come out. That can cause the adrenaline. Try using small amounts of vitamin E, Ray likes the high Gamma type from unique E.
sugarbabe, that sounds about right. I'm using 1/day of the Unique E vitamin E. Why does estrogen coming out cause adrenaline?

OP
T

TNT

I don't think that Ray includes heavy metal poisoning in the equation. Mercury is especially difficult. Did/do you have mercury amalgams in your mouth? Are you in the U.S.?

Do you have aluminum toxicity? Prior exposure?
Yes, I had mercury amalgams in my baby teeth, then 15 of them in my adult teeth, then in 1998, I got 8 amalgams removed without protection and replaced with 8 new amalgams. Then in 2006, I got all 15 of the amalgams removed by a holistic dentist (with protection) and replaced with non-amalgams. Then in 2020, my new holistic dentist discovered that there was still a bit of amalgam left under one of the white fillings and removed/replaced that. I've done a ton of chelation, but who knows if the mercury is all gone. As for aluminum, I did have high levels of that, but not through any particular exposure -- probably just chemtrails and other environmental sources.

InChristAlone

sugarbabe, that sounds about right. I'm using 1/day of the Unique E vitamin E. Why does estrogen coming out cause adrenaline?
Toxic bile moving through and being reabsorbed into the bloodstream. I believe that's why Ray says to eat the raw carrot salad but I think carrots have too much carotene and could cause hypothyroidism.

mostlylurking

Yes, I had mercury amalgams in my baby teeth, then 15 of them in my adult teeth, then in 1998, I got 8 amalgams removed without protection and replaced with 8 new amalgams. Then in 2006, I got all 15 of the amalgams removed by a holistic dentist (with protection) and replaced with non-amalgams. Then in 2020, my new holistic dentist discovered that there was still a bit of amalgam left under one of the white fillings and removed/replaced that. I've done a ton of chelation, but who knows if the mercury is all gone. As for aluminum, I did have high levels of that, but not through any particular exposure -- probably just chemtrails and other environmental sources.
Your amalgam history is very similar to my own. I had gum tattooing that the holistic dentist cut out; it popped up maybe 2-3 years after he removed the last of my amalgams (the right way, with a dental dam). From age 20-30, I had amalgams replaced, one at a time, with gold which set up a current in my mouth which made the load of mercury going into me worse and made the remaining amalgams crumble faster. I'm pretty sure that my thyroid is toast because of the load of mercury I've got. I've been chelated for it with EDTA + DMSA and it did make me better but it's my understanding that doesn't really work very well.

I've got aluminum from my mother's Club Aluminum cookware. I've been drinking a bottle of Fiji water every day for about 2 months as the silica is supposed to chelate the aluminum out. Seems harmless enough to give it a try. Here's a link: 3 Mineral Waters That Can Remove Aluminum From The Brain If you search for "silica detox for aluminum" there's quite a bit of info on it. I actually do feel better but I don't know if it's the silica or if I'm just better hydrated from drinking more water.

I've tried to find a successful way to chelate out the mercury and did find the Boyd Haley information, see here: FAQ of Emeramide (BDTH2; OSR#1 NBMI) -Fandachem video here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NGtkT0WtxA
Haley is trying to get his product approved; it is actually supposed to work so of course it's taking forever. I'd be happier if my environmental dentist could help me and that won't happen before the product gets FDA approval. Anyhow, I thought you might find Boyd Haley and his product Emeramide of interest.

I'm in the U.S. My endocrinologist put me on Acella brand natural desiccated thyroid 7 years ago. It has been a godsend. A few months before switching from Armour to Acella I was stricken with rheumatoid arthritis and lost the use of my thumbs due to the erosion of the joints. The rheumatoid arthritis went into remission and I regained the use of my thumbs after several months of taking the Acella product. Here's a link, if you're interested: Home - NP Thyroid My 84 year old endo loves it; he says it works just like the old original Armour product used to work.

OP
T

TNT

Your amalgam history is very similar to my own. I had gum tattooing that the holistic dentist cut out; it popped up maybe 2-3 years after he removed the last of my amalgams (the right way, with a dental dam). From age 20-30, I had amalgams replaced, one at a time, with gold which set up a current in my mouth which made the load of mercury going into me worse and made the remaining amalgams crumble faster. I'm pretty sure that my thyroid is toast because of the load of mercury I've got. I've been chelated for it with EDTA + DMSA and it did make me better but it's my understanding that doesn't really work very well.

I've got aluminum from my mother's Club Aluminum cookware. I've been drinking a bottle of Fiji water every day for about 2 months as the silica is supposed to chelate the aluminum out. Seems harmless enough to give it a try. Here's a link: 3 Mineral Waters That Can Remove Aluminum From The Brain If you search for "silica detox for aluminum" there's quite a bit of info on it. I actually do feel better but I don't know if it's the silica or if I'm just better hydrated from drinking more water.

I've tried to find a successful way to chelate out the mercury and did find the Boyd Haley information, see here: FAQ of Emeramide (BDTH2; OSR#1 NBMI) -Fandachem video here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NGtkT0WtxA
Haley is trying to get his product approved; it is actually supposed to work so of course it's taking forever. I'd be happier if my environmental dentist could help me and that won't happen before the product gets FDA approval. Anyhow, I thought you might find Boyd Haley and his product Emeramide of interest.

I'm in the U.S. My endocrinologist put me on Acella brand natural desiccated thyroid 7 years ago. It has been a godsend. A few months before switching from Armour to Acella I was stricken with rheumatoid arthritis and lost the use of my thumbs due to the erosion of the joints. The rheumatoid arthritis went into remission and I regained the use of my thumbs after several months of taking the Acella product. Here's a link, if you're interested: Home - NP Thyroid My 84 year old endo loves it; he says it works just like the old original Armour product used to work.

mostlylurking, how come you don't just take T3? And what was the procedure for cutting out the gum tattooing? That sound painful and gory!

mostlylurking

mostlylurking, how come you don't just take T3? And what was the procedure for cutting out the gum tattooing? That sound painful and gory!
I've taken natural desiccated thyroid since around 1998. Before that I was on Synthroid 1983-1998 (horrible stuff, I was a wreck). For the most part, the natural desiccated thyroid has been extremely beneficial, except in 2014 when Armour changed owners and reformulated their product and it stopped working and I got rheumatoid arthritis. Ray Peat said they took the calcitonin out of the Armour product to sell separately and ruined their main product in the process. I will never trust Armour again.

Just taking T3 makes no sense to me. The body's thyroid makes T3 + T4 + T1 and T2. And evidently there's something called calcitonin included in the mix too. Calcitonin. My liver works so I don't have a conversion problem (T4 to T3). I don't have a reverse T3 issue. I don't think the medical industry even knows what all is actually in thyroid hormone and what all it does; I'd rather stick with a natural product that includes all of it. My endo has offered a compounded product with synthetic T3 and synthetic T4 but I'm happy with the Acella.

re. the tattooing: The dentist was in the middle of installing a crown when he noticed the tattooing. He just cut it out, probably with a scalpel. I was deadened, didn't feel a thing. I don't remember getting any stitches for it, just had a gum injury that healed pretty quickly. I assume that my thyroid is toast because of the mercury, but dental xrays can damage your thyroid too so who knows. I just know it doesn't work and I do have to supplement thyroid hormones or I'm in big trouble.

OP
T

TNT

I've taken natural desiccated thyroid since around 1998. Before that I was on Synthroid 1983-1998 (horrible stuff, I was a wreck). For the most part, the natural desiccated thyroid has been extremely beneficial, except in 2014 when Armour changed owners and reformulated their product and it stopped working and I got rheumatoid arthritis. Ray Peat said they took the calcitonin out of the Armour product to sell separately and ruined their main product in the process. I will never trust Armour again.

Just taking T3 makes no sense to me. The body's thyroid makes T3 + T4 + T1 and T2. And evidently there's something called calcitonin included in the mix too. Calcitonin. My liver works so I don't have a conversion problem (T4 to T3). I don't have a reverse T3 issue. I don't think the medical industry even knows what all is actually in thyroid hormone and what all it does; I'd rather stick with a natural product that includes all of it. My endo has offered a compounded product with synthetic T3 and synthetic T4 but I'm happy with the Acella.

re. the tattooing: The dentist was in the middle of installing a crown when he noticed the tattooing. He just cut it out, probably with a scalpel. I was deadened, didn't feel a thing. I don't remember getting any stitches for it, just had a gum injury that healed pretty quickly. I assume that my thyroid is toast because of the mercury, but dental xrays can damage your thyroid too so who knows. I just know it doesn't work and I do have to supplement thyroid hormones or I'm in big trouble.
If your liver was inflamed and your T4 was converting to RT3, would you just take T3?

ummmmm. i have questions. how do you know your thyroid is low ? testing ? heart rate ? temp ? and have you actually had a saliva hormone test ? how is your blood sugar and vit d ? your liver is inflamed or is it a fatty liver ? do you have yeast / candida problems ? how long have you been taking progesterone ? have you gained weight on progesterone ? when was last period ? you might need other things like iodine and my bet is that your estrogen is actually low and you are making it worse taking progesterone.

OP
T

TNT

ummmmm. i have questions. how do you know your thyroid is low ? testing ? heart rate ? temp ? and have you actually had a saliva hormone test ? how is your blood sugar and vit d ? your liver is inflamed or is it a fatty liver ? do you have yeast / candida problems ? how long have you been taking progesterone ? have you gained weight on progesterone ? when was last period ? you might need other things like iodine and my bet is that your estrogen is actually low and you are making it worse taking progesterone.
Thyroid is low from testing. Here are the results. Although come to think of it, what's interesting is that my T3 and T4 numbers are higher than before, but so is my TSH, so I don't know what that means. I've done some heart rate and temp measuring, but I'm not sure how that's related to thyroid, but my heart rate is high, like around 80s-90s, and temp is usually around 98ish. I haven't had a saliva hormone test. My Vitamin D is perfect, and my blood sugar is kind of dysregulated, and fasting blood sugar is usually in the mid/high 90s. I don't know how to tell if my liver is inflamed or fatty, but it's at least inflamed. I do tend to have yeast/candida problems. I've been taking progesterone for years, but from about December 2020-October 2021, I also took estrogen. I have gained weight, but I'm not sure it correlates with progesterone -- more so with estrogen, but mostly the weight gain started in July 2020 when I first started getting hot flashes. My last period was October 2021. I take 2 drops of Lugol's iodine/day, but more than that or less than that makes my hair loss worse.

Interesting what you're saying about my estrogen being low. About a month after I stopped the estrogen, the hot flashes came back. But I thought that in Peatarianism, estrogen is always bad, so I'm confused. Also, the estrogen made me have cystic breakouts and age spots and spider veins and weight gain, so I dunno if it was a good thing. I just don't know if I should go with "lack of estrogen is a a problem" or "estrogen is a problem."

Attachments

• thyroid.jpg
    thyroid.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 369

mostlylurking

If your liver was inflamed and your T4 was converting to RT3, would you just take T3?
Short answer: No. I tried that January of 2015 when I had screaming rheumatoid arthritis and could no longer brush my own teeth or pull up my own pants because my thumb joints had eroded away. The rheumatoid arthritis had started about 2 months earlier while I was getting IV chelation for lead poisoning; I quit the chelation. I thought I was being really careful but I gave myself heart palpitations with the T3. I found a new 80+ year old endocrinologist (50+ years of experience) and got my thyroid med changed from Armour to NP thyroid by Acella. The rheumatoid arthritis inflammation pretty much disappeared in a week on the viable natural desiccated thyroid medication. The endo yelled at me for trying to self medicate with the T3. He's a nice guy, knows what he's doing; I like him. He spent about 9 months "optimizing" my dose of natural desiccated thyroid.

I went through a bad time in 2020. I went to the urgent care clinic with the 15 year old M.D. for a uti and they prescribed Bactrim antibiotic. It didn't clear the infection possibly because after 6 days I was careening into walls and felt like hell so I stopped taking it. Then I packed on 25 pounds in about 5 weeks eating the same diet that I had lost 10 pounds on previously. I couldn't get my temperature above 97.6. I thought my NP thyroid was a bad batch, called the company, they said "no" it's not part of a reported bad batch.

Went to a urologist for the uti (3 months into it) and got a better antibiotic, plus an MRI and a sonogram, which showed the beginning of fatty liver disease and a small lesion on my pancreas. Recovered from the uti. But felt severely hypothyroid and had extreme inflammation all over my body. It was lactic acidosis. Tried some thiamine hcl (250-300mg); within 45 minutes my temp went to 98.6 and the inflammation disappeared. So I searched on line for "Bactrim and thiamine" and found this: Bactrim: An Anti-Folate, Anti-Thiamine, Potassium Altering Drug - Hormones Matter Bactrim blocks thiamine function.

I suspect that my long term core problem is heavy metal poisoning. Heavy metal, especially lead, uses up the body's supply of thiamine. I believe that I have been thiamine deficient because of the heavy metal all of my adult life. I've read a lot about thiamine. I've learned that doctors are supposed to test your thiamine status before chelating you because if you're low thiamine they can kill you via the chelation treatment. Lucky me; I just got rheumatoid arthritis.

My health problems are complicated because of the heavy metal poisoning which has caused a higher than average thiamine requirement. Plus I am hypothyroid. Inadequate thyroid hormone and thiamine deficiency have very similar symptoms because they each block oxidative metabolism. It gets confusing. I thought that I needed more thyroid medication fall of 2020 so I got my blood test done a few months early to check my levels. The test results showed that my free T3 was dangerously high so my endo lowered my dose from 180mg (3 grains) down to 135mg; the T3 level now sits in the sweet spot, just barely within the high limit for "normal". Evidently, overly high T3 makes a thiamine deficiency worse. So much for T3 being the answer to all issues.

I have recovered my health via high dose thiamine hcl (2 grams/day) plus the lower dose of NP Thyroid (135mg). I am truly amazed how well my multiple health issues have resolved with this protocol. It's a balancing act; I need both of these supplements. I take other supplements in addition to thiamine hcl and natural desiccated thyroid. I eat a Peaty diet, without the coffee and careful on the added sugar. I do have the orange juice and I put some maple syrup in my milk.

Sugar uses up thiamine stores but sugar is good if oxidative metabolism is working well because it gets burned as fuel with carbon dioxide as the end product. Too much sugar depletes thiamine which blocks oxidative metabolism resulting in lactic acid as the end product.

Ray Peat mentions thiamine in his writings but he has not written an article about it. Here's a collection of Ray Peat quotes on thiamine: Ray Peat On Vitamin B1 - Thiamine

mostlylurking

I take 2 drops of Lugol's iodine/day, but more than that or less than that makes my hair loss worse.
I've heard Ray Peat say that supplementing with thyroid hormone is the safest way to supplement iodine (iodine is part of the thyroid molecule); shellfish is also a safer way to get some iodine. I like to use the Ray Peat articles and interviews via the Peat oriented search engines to find reliable guidance. I trust Dr. Peat and rely on his wisdom, especially when it's a controversial subject like iodine supplementation.
here:

View: https://youtu.be/nMYSCcp_6pI?t=165

also this one:

View: https://youtu.be/hJoqsgILgDo?t=721

A quick internet search for "iodine raises tsh" yields info that says that iodine raises tsh. TSH is inflammatory.
also this: Effects of Increased Iodine Intake on Thyroid Disorders
"Iodine is a micronutrient essential for the production of thyroid hormones. Iodine deficiency is the most common cause of preventable mental impairment worldwide. Universal salt iodization (USI) has been introduced in many countries as a cost-effective and sustainable way to eliminate iodine deficiency disorders for more than 25 years. Currently, the relationship between USI and iodine excess has attracted more attention. Iodine excess can lead to hypothyroidism and autoimmune thyroiditis, especially for susceptible populations with recurring thyroid disease, the elderly, fetuses, and neonates. Nationwide USI was introduced in China in 1996. This review focused on the effects of iodine excess worldwide and particularly in China."
Interesting what you're saying about my estrogen being low. About a month after I stopped the estrogen, the hot flashes came back. But I thought that in Peatarianism, estrogen is always bad, so I'm confused. Also, the estrogen made me have cystic breakouts and age spots and spider veins and weight gain, so I dunno if it was a good thing. I just don't know if I should go with "lack of estrogen is a a problem" or "estrogen is a problem."
If you don't have progesterone then estrogen gets trapped inside the cells and cannot be detected via a blood test. Progesterone gets it out of the cells so the liver can do its work to detox it and get it out of the body.

here's a clip:

View: https://youtu.be/eBaBZGcPyAE?t=11

These three shows explain estrogen and progesterone very thoroughly and should help clear up confusion:

thyroid-jpg.32151

Your TSH is alarmingly high. TSH is inflammatory and may well be why you are having hair loss. Iodine supplementation raises TSH.

Are you working with a doctor? Your T3 is low according to the reference range which is a problem which could account for the hair loss also.