Supplementing thyroid, heart rate lowering a TON — lowered adrenaline? Good thing?

Vileplume

Before: high adrenaline/heart rate, moderately low temps
A few weeks ago, high adrenaline was my biggest issue — my heart rate would reach the 100s sitting, and I would get hot flashes. I was irritable and often waking up in panic. At this time, my HRV throughout the day was about 30 and would sometimes reach 50 at night (indicating a pretty much constant sympathetic state).

My waking temp would fluctuate, often 97.8 or so, but sometimes down to the 96’s upon waking, and often down to the high 96’s throughout the day during a hot flash. Temperature peaks of 98.3 during the day.

Now: much lower HR, much higher HRV, better mood, lower but more stable waking temps
Since I started taking NDT (1/2 grain) and T3 (7 mcg/day or so) and upping salt and magnesium, I feel better. Calmer. More likely to laugh and joke. However, my heart rates has lowered considerably.

My sedentary heart rate went from about 95 down to about 75. My sleeping heart rate average went from 64 to 51. But my sleeping HRV now gets way higher then it used to (up to 168 when it used to rarely break 50), and my waking temps are lower (97.3) but consistent (two days in a row 97.3).

Before when I tried thyroid
Last month, before the salt and magnesium and t3 helping lower my HR and adrenaline, NDT would massively spike my HR, tank temp, and I felt terrible. I took that as a stress response, but this time feels different. It feels like a calming.

Thoughts?
I’m thinking that this largely reduced heart rate indicates lowered stress hormones, and that even though it’s much lower, this is a good thing because at least now I’m in a parasympathetic state. Consistent temp would indicate it’s reliable, rather than adrenaline-driven. Does this sound right? Any thoughts?

Razvan

Before: high adrenaline/heart rate, moderately low temps
A few weeks ago, high adrenaline was my biggest issue — my heart rate would reach the 100s sitting, and I would get hot flashes. I was irritable and often waking up in panic. At this time, my HRV throughout the day was about 30 and would sometimes reach 50 at night (indicating a pretty much constant sympathetic state).

My waking temp would fluctuate, often 97.8 or so, but sometimes down to the 96’s upon waking, and often down to the high 96’s throughout the day during a hot flash. Temperature peaks of 98.3 during the day.

Now: much lower HR, much higher HRV, better mood, lower but more stable waking temps
Since I started taking NDT (1/2 grain) and T3 (7 mcg/day or so) and upping salt and magnesium, I feel better. Calmer. More likely to laugh and joke. However, my heart rates has lowered considerably.

My sedentary heart rate went from about 95 down to about 75. My sleeping heart rate average went from 64 to 51. But my sleeping HRV now gets way higher then it used to (up to 168 when it used to rarely break 50), and my waking temps are lower (97.3) but consistent (two days in a row 97.3).

Before when I tried thyroid
Last month, before the salt and magnesium and t3 helping lower my HR and adrenaline, NDT would massively spike my HR, tank temp, and I felt terrible. I took that as a stress response, but this time feels different. It feels like a calming.

Thoughts?
I’m thinking that this largely reduced heart rate indicates lowered stress hormones, and that even though it’s much lower, this is a good thing because at least now I’m in a parasympathetic state. Consistent temp would indicate it’s reliable, rather than adrenaline-driven. Does this sound right? Any thoughts?
Yes, i think it's lowering adrenaline and stress hormones so it is a good thing. You are most likely to die with a high heart rate if it is from adrenaline. If you have 90 pulse but you can lay in your bed very relaxed without having rapid thoughts and rushed feeling it is from the thyroid and the fast metabolism. This lowering effect shows you are making up progress and the thyroid is adapting now eventually you will see an increase of temperature and heart rate sooner or later which will be from the thyroid not from the stress hormones.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I’m thinking that this largely reduced heart rate indicates lowered stress hormones, and that even though it’s much lower, this is a good thing because at least now I’m in a parasympathetic state.

I've had a similar experience. I've tried supplementing thyroid many times in the past and it always led to chest pain/heart palpitations. I theorised that this was due to stress hormones creating high reverse T so I began supplementing along with 6-keto-P4 which is very potent at lowering cortisol.

The result, no more chest pain
/palpitations and feel a lot calmer. I also supplement with magnesium.