High Pulse, Low Morning Temperature

mrchibbs

I don't know really, but I've experienced the symptoms you describe. See these quotes from Ray's interview with Mary Shomon (2000):

"Occasionally, a person with a goiter will temporarily become hyperthyroid as the gland releases its colloid stores in a corrective process. Some people enjoy the period of moderate hyperthyroidism, but if they find it uncomfortable or inconvenient, they can usually control it just by eating plenty of liver, and maybe some cole slaw or raw cabbage juice. Propranolol will slow a rapid heart. The effects of a thyroid inhibitor, PTU, propylthiouracil, have been compared to those of thyroidectomy and radioactive iodine. The results of the chemical treatment are better for the patient, but not nearly so profitable for the physician.

Besides a few people who were experiencing the unloading of a goiter, and one man from the mountains of Mexico who became hypermetabolic when he moved to Japan (probably from the sudden increase of iodine in his diet, and maybe from a smaller amount of meat in his diet), all of the people I have seen in recent decades who were called “hyperthyroid” were not. None of the people I have talked to after they had radioiodine treatment were properly studied to determine the nature of their condition. Radioiodine is a foolish medical toy, as far as I can see, and is never a proper treatment."

mrchibbs

@cjm

I will let you know for sure! Thank you for the support and kind words, yes you're right I'm doing rather well in the context of what I've been through, but there are always a few things that could be more dialed in!

cjm

[QUOTE="danks010101, post: 580187, member: 12264"I'll look into that magnesium drink Cjm mentioned for sure, thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeah dude, it's a supremely underrated vehicle for getting a killer source of Mg. Look up @haidut's post on it for more science about it. Close to 100% bioavailability, virtually no laxative effect, cheap, and easy. If you're strapped for cash, equipment, or time, just get a can of carbonated water, flavored is fine and maybe nice to taste, but I'd recommend the fizziest seltzer you can think of and a generic brand bottle of Milk of Magnesia (with no hypochlorite.) Shake a tsp of magnesia (perhaps less, I'm spitballing here) with your 12oz of bubbly in a shakeable vessel (aka has a screw cap). There's not much fizz remaining after the mixture reacts but it should be clear when you're done. The Mg dose is at least the RDA.

OP
D

danks010101

Update on current situation.

Been taking Tyromix (Started low now currently on 6 drops)+ Kuinone (between 5-20mg a day) + Calcirol (10k IU) + Magnesium (200-400mg) for about a month now, Mainly noticing an improvement in mood + depression more than anything else, also my wisdom teeth which have only half come through have recently started growing again (Possibly K2?).

Unfortunately not had much luck in increasing my morning temperature or libido, this is a real mystery to me.

My average morning temperature across this first month has been 96.7F and my average morning pulse has been 71 BPM. I started low with tyromix and gradually built it up. Average dose per day I have taken over the last month has been 12mcg T3 and 23mcg T4 - Maybe I should try and bump that to 24mcg T3 and 48 mcg T4? That would be 8 drops of tyromix.

I have had no change in weight, still an excess of stomach/thigh fat for my liking (not the end of the world). If I was to estimate I'd probably be 20-25% body fat, I am eating to appetite at the moment.

Taking thyroid no longer gives me any tight/sore feelings in my thyroid which it was initially the first 2 weeks.

Mood improvements are welcome however not feeling so down which is nice, but I can tell my metabolism isn't firing properly, really feel there is something stopping it but not sure what it is...

OP
D

danks010101

Oh and first time for as long as I can remember my teeth have stopped being sensitive to cold liquids

mrchibbs

This is normal. Taking thyroid is therapeutic in the sense that it improves symptoms. But it doesn't fix a broken metabolism, at least in the short term.That's a misconception. And yes, you can a lot more than you're taking.

From Broda Barnes' clinical example, thyroid supplementation should be seen in a context of many months, with slowly ramping up the dose. It won't magically make you lose weight, at least for a good while.

Moreover, the influence of thyroid hormone is cumulative, and over time will help rebuild lost muscle mass and connective tissues, which should eventually lead to profound improvements. This is a mid-long term objective.

To get these anabolic benefits, you need to be borderline OCD about your nutritional intake while taking thyroid. Your nutrition needs to be really high quality, because thyroid can exarcebate problems otherwise.

I've been drinking gerolsteiner water, along with using transdermal magnesium

I'll be resuming thyroid supplementation soon (like OP, I'll likely be using TyroMix) and I want to be sure to get lots of magnesium but (thanks to gastritis) am currently having trouble with my usual oral supplement and coffee. What form of transdermal magnesium were you using?

Like @cjm, I've been enjoying and learning from your posts.

mrchibbs

I'll be resuming thyroid supplementation soon (like OP, I'll likely be using TyroMix) and I want to be sure to get lots of magnesium but (thanks to gastritis) am currently having trouble with my usual oral supplement and coffee. What form of transdermal magnesium were you using?

Like @cjm, I've been enjoying and learning from your posts.
Thank you! Hopefully we all learn and grow together :)

I use the Natural Calm Magnesium Balm product, which I find very soothing and pleasing.

Thank you! Hopefully we all learn and grow together :)

I use the Natural Calm Magnesium Balm product, which I find very soothing and pleasing.

Thanks for the recommendation, and glad to hear you've had good results with it.

mrchibbs

OP
D

danks010101

This is normal. Taking thyroid is therapeutic in the sense that it improves symptoms. But it doesn't fix a broken metabolism, at least in the short term.That's a misconception. And yes, you can a lot more than you're taking.

From Broda Barnes' clinical example, thyroid supplementation should be seen in a context of many months, with slowly ramping up the dose. It won't magically make you lose weight, at least for a good while.

Moreover, the influence of thyroid hormone is cumulative, and over time will help rebuild lost muscle mass and connective tissues, which should eventually lead to profound improvements. This is a mid-long term objective.

To get these anabolic benefits, you need to be borderline OCD about your nutritional intake while taking thyroid. Your nutrition needs to be really high quality, because thyroid can exarcebate problems otherwise.
Thanks Mrchibbs.

Yes, I think I'm guilty of expecting too much too soon from supplementing thyroid or anything for that matter. Something I think I should improve is my liver and oyster intake as well as carrot salads and mushrooms, so I'll be adding these into my meals more often alongside raising the thyroid dose to 8-10 drops (30mcg T3/60 mcg T4) for the next couple of weeks.

Not noticing anything negative from my thyroid dose so far so that's good, my itchy scalp, occasional hyper feeling with fastish heart beats while trying to sleep, irritability and depressive symptoms have all improved recently so I'll just keep going.

mrchibbs

Thanks Mrchibbs.

Yes, I think I'm guilty of expecting too much too soon from supplementing thyroid or anything for that matter. Something I think I should improve is my liver and oyster intake as well as carrot salads and mushrooms, so I'll be adding these into my meals more often alongside raising the thyroid dose to 8-10 drops (30mcg T3/60 mcg T4) for the next couple of weeks.

Not noticing anything negative from my thyroid dose so far so that's good, my itchy scalp, occasional hyper feeling with fastish heart beats while trying to sleep, irritability and depressive symptoms have all improved recently so I'll just keep going.

I think we're all guilty of this at some point. Just keep building and improving your environment, the effects are cumulative if you don't lose hope.

Peater Pan

haha thanks!

I don't know why I've been putting it off, but I'm excited to try your formula! I've been drinking gerolsteiner water, along with using transdermal magnesium, but this seems like exactly what I need.

I will buy everything I need and report back!
OMG Gerolsteiner

Dawid

Dzięki za odpowiedzi,

Staram się utrzymywać adrenalinę na niskim poziomie, zawsze mając w pobliżu coś słodkiego i słonego (pełne mleko z syropem cukrowym i solą morską, używam pełnego mleka, gdy sikam, jeśli używam odtłuszczonego / półtłustego), ale wydaje się, że to się zdarza w nocy i sprawia, że czuję się zimna i nieco zestresowana, kiedy się budzę, ponieważ w ciągu dnia mogę przyzwoicie podnieść temperaturę. Zwykle czuję się lepiej wieczorem (to chyba jedyny raz, kiedy naprawdę czuję grelinowe uczucie prawdziwego głodu) i miałem ogólny trend, by cieszyć się spaniem później i później, kiedy znajduję się o 12 rano, jestem bardziej zrelaksowany i spokojny.

Próbowałem dodać trochę soli uzupełniającej do tego, co otrzymuję w moim OJ / Mleko / Ser / Ziemniaki zgodnie z badaniem Haiduta, które zamieścił tutaj Optymalne spożycie sodu jest co najmniej 230% wyższe niż ZDS

Właściwie odkryłem, że samo przyjmowanie około 2 całych łyżeczek do herbaty rozłożonych w 1/2 łyżeczki w ciągu dnia jeszcze bardziej pogorszyło moją drażliwość, zmęczenie i depresję, nie jestem pewien, dlaczego. Nie próbowałem agmatyny, chociaż przyjrzę się temu.

Z pewnością spróbuję ponownie przetestować mój TSH i mam nadzieję (jeśli jest podwyższony) dalsze testy tarczycy, jeśli nie, prawdopodobnie i tak zamówię trochę t3 / t4.

Próbowałem kilku rzeczy, aby rozwiązać problemy z jelitami, wycinać gluten, jeść surowe sałatki z marchwi, dokładnie ugotowane grzyby, octan sodu (Nathan Hatch), cascara Sagrada.
Pomagają nieco, ale nie wydają się rozwiązywać problemu.

Nie wiem, co mogę zrobić, aby naprawdę wyleczyć moje jelita.
Do you fap a lot? A lot of fapping causes gut issues and other symptoms you described.

This is helpful. So, I'm assuming there comes a time when the thyroid medication can be weaned off and the nutrition from food and supportive lifestyle is enough to sustain thyroid function. Does that happen often? Do you still take thyroid ?
Thanks a lot

mrchibbs

This is helpful. So, I'm assuming there comes a time when the thyroid medication can be weaned off and the nutrition from food and supportive lifestyle is enough to sustain thyroid function. Does that happen often? Do you still take thyroid ?
Thanks a lot

Yes it definitely can be weaned off, but that requires significant improvement to your living environment.

If you still live in a moldy building, and don't make effort to limit your EMF exposure, or get enough sunshine, all your efforts are probably not going to amount to much.

At the core of the problem is that most people nowadays live in environments with too many stressors which suppress the thyroid.

Yes it definitely can be weaned off, but that requires significant improvement to your living environment.

If you still live in a moldy building, and don't make effort to limit your EMF exposure, or get enough sunshine, all your efforts are probably not going to amount to much.

At the core of the problem is that most people nowadays live in environments with too many stressors which suppress the thyroid.
That makes sense. Thank you.

BenjaminArrian

Hey I'm 24 year old male I've been struggling with fatigue and irritability/depression/lack of good libido with gut issues (and recently hemmorhoids/yellowish stools) on and off for pretty much all my life sometimes better sometimes worse, I recently came back to peating which I've struggled to implement in the past.

I've started to take my oral temperature and pulse in the morning and then after eating food a typical day looks like this;

-Wake up = 96-97F max (Avg 96.4F) NEVER seen anything higher than 97.4F at around 8AM Pulse usually around 70s
-Mid morning after hot shower then drinking hot milk and sugar + coffee = Temperature 97.6-98F/Pulse 90-100 (Pulse actually stays elevated in the 90s for most of the day particularly with plenty of sugar)
-After lunch 97.6-98.6 generally
-Evening tends to be easy for me to be around 98-98.6F
-Slowly drops to 97F before bed
-Wake up at 96F again

I don't feel particularly great and struggle with appetite and constipation for as long as I can remember, I get stressed easily and irritable/angry.

I can have good mood and good days but the overall trend is pretty subpar energy and mood. I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD and am taking atomoxetine.

I once had a blood test 4-5 years ago which came back with a TSH of 3.3 this was within range and ignored.

I generally look quite well I have a good head of hair, am attractive and have an athletic build and I put muscle on fairly ok (just dont have much energy/motivation for the gym) past few years I have developed more fat on my stomach that is harder to shift, also I store most of my body fat on my thighs/buttocks.

I don't want to self diagnose anything without getting an up to date blood test but it certainly looks like I could potentially be slightly hypothyroid I am currently being supported by my family to get to the root of my "concentration/motivation issues" which like I said have been diagnosed as ADHD but a Professional Psychiatrist in London UK, the atomoxetine isn't working at the moment (might even be making me more irritable) so I will be speaking with him again but I'm wondering whether I should bring up Physiological imbalances as being a potential culprit for my ADHD symptoms?

Cheers.
I am glad things have been improving, our stories are so similar it’s spooky, down to even feeling good later in the day past 12 am, I will be 24 in march 2022. I’m getting bloods done this week and will perhaps order some tyromax as well, cheers my friend

unsubscribed

This is a great point, Chibbs. Both about having supplemental magnesium with your supplemental thyroid and the quick onset of action. Insufficient magnesium might be one of the reasons for many people why thyroid either works well for a brief time and stops working, or doesn't work at all. My own experience is that the pool of ready energy can be spent very quickly, via thyroid or other stimulants like caffeine or even exercise, but can take weeks to build. This is where having a SodaStream comes in handy. You can easily make and sip on a liter of carbonated magnesium bicarbonate water over the course of a day and get 600-1000mg of magnesium without even noticing it.
The beauty of Mag Bicarbonate :)