Thyroid: working w cynomel / cynoplus and seem to be running into the same issue again.

bluefish

I have no idea whats going on here.... anyone want to take a stab at this?

------------

Im under the impression my system would work better if I raised my thyroid function...
My cholesterol is high... and my pulse and temp are low,, which I understand to point to thyroid issues.

Last year i tried the idealab thyroid supplement... tyromix, and my pulse and temp didnt budge (as I slowly increased the dose) until it finally shot up high and I sort of had a fever for a few days... at which point I kinda freaked out and quite using tyromix.

So now Im working with cynomel and cynoplus... Im taking about half a pill of cynomel per day divided in thirds, and I was taking a 1/4 pill of cynoplus... for a few months. My pulse and temp didnt seem to budge at all. A few weeks ago I increased cynoplus to 1/2 pill... and seems Im bumping into the same issue. I get sick a week ago... which I assumd had nothing to do with the cynoplus... I had a cold for about a week, and my temp was 100-101 for a few days... but it seems the cold is basically finishing... but my temp is still around 100 (100.8 more recently), pulse 90. I just remembered what happened last year when I was using tyromix... and it seems like it could be similar situation, ie temp not budging and then it going too high...

Working with these thyroid meds are complicated, so Im not sure whats going on. I will either drop it back to 1/4 pill or maybe just stop using and reassess the situation.

The only times ive been sick in the last few years have been when I was upping thyroid supps...
I currently feel hot and stressed out... idk if its due to the thyroid med but I feel like it is... that said... isnt 1/2 a pill of cynoplus ... not a lot to use? especially if the 1/4 pill seemed to be totally fine... and also not even bumping my pulse and temp up at all...

if possible Id like to lower my temp and stress Im feeling asap... for starts.

Id love some feedback from anyone.. Thanks!

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Yeah. That was a few months ago… I can update what’s going on now… which is not much. Lol. But I’m still wanting to figure out, how to raise my temp and pulse to 98.6…

OccamzRazer

Have you tried the 'temperature reset'? It could be a missing link:

Demyze

A lot of different things can cause resistance to thyroid supplementation. Low vitamin D, not enough protein, high nitric oxide, bacterial over growth, insufficient vitamin A intake. I think Danny Roddy had some content about it and I know Ray Peat has discussed it in interviews if you check out the interview section on the forum.

Lampshard

If you get sick when on thyroid, it probably means the increased metabolic rate leads to some nutrient deficiency, low vit D as someone mentioned is something Peat would probably ask you to have checked, I guess it's probably a good idea to focus on a better diet, reducing endotoxin, etc. before experimenting again with thyroid, also a Danny Roddy consultation is probably worth it, friends who had one with him have all been happy with the results

K

Kaur Singh

I have no idea whats going on here.... anyone want to take a stab at this?

------------

Im under the impression my system would work better if I raised my thyroid function...
My cholesterol is high... and my pulse and temp are low,, which I understand to point to thyroid issues.

Last year i tried the idealab thyroid supplement... tyromix, and my pulse and temp didnt budge (as I slowly increased the dose) until it finally shot up high and I sort of had a fever for a few days... at which point I kinda freaked out and quite using tyromix.

So now Im working with cynomel and cynoplus... Im taking about half a pill of cynomel per day divided in thirds, and I was taking a 1/4 pill of cynoplus... for a few months. My pulse and temp didnt seem to budge at all. A few weeks ago I increased cynoplus to 1/2 pill... and seems Im bumping into the same issue. I get sick a week ago... which I assumd had nothing to do with the cynoplus... I had a cold for about a week, and my temp was 100-101 for a few days... but it seems the cold is basically finishing... but my temp is still around 100 (100.8 more recently), pulse 90. I just remembered what happened last year when I was using tyromix... and it seems like it could be similar situation, ie temp not budging and then it going too high...

Working with these thyroid meds are complicated, so Im not sure whats going on. I will either drop it back to 1/4 pill or maybe just stop using and reassess the situation.

The only times ive been sick in the last few years have been when I was upping thyroid supps...
I currently feel hot and stressed out... idk if its due to the thyroid med but I feel like it is... that said... isnt 1/2 a pill of cynoplus ... not a lot to use? especially if the 1/4 pill seemed to be totally fine... and also not even bumping my pulse and temp up at all...

if possible Id like to lower my temp and stress Im feeling asap... for starts.

Id love some feedback from anyone.. Thanks!

that can be a big jump from 1/4 to 1/2 cynoplus - it's a 30mcg diff of T4.
you may need to titrate more slowly, by lower amounts
and also make sure you are appropriately fed
sufficient calories, carbs, protein, Bs, minerals, saturated fats
etc

have you made sure your D is above what was it? 50 or 60 mg/ml, you can check what it is.

Danny Roddy compilation that @Demyze mentioned:
Danny Roddy why thyroid supp may not be working 02.png

Danny Roddy why thyroid supp may not be working 02.png
Danny Roddy why thyroid supp may not be working?.png

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BRBsavinWorld

that can be a big jump from 1/4 to 1/2 cynoplus - it's a 30mcg diff of T4.
you may need to titrate more slowly, by lower amounts
and also make sure you are appropriately fed
sufficient calories, carbs, protein, Bs, minerals, saturated fats
etc

have you made sure your D is above what was it? 50 or 60 mg/ml, you can check what it is.

Danny Roddy compilation that @Demyze mentioned:View attachment 33078

View attachment 33078View attachment 33080
This maches my experience

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Yes. I think the jump from 1/4 to 1/2 of cytoplus was part of the problem… and I was taking 1/2 pill at one time… should I divide the amount into a few pieces and take a few hours apart?
Also I wasn’t eating food usually when taking the cytoplus.

I really do want to raise my metabolic state… so I’ll be trying this again.

It seems like a very complicated process to both get right, and also… needs very specific attention to detail throughout the day.

Advocate2021

Yes. I think the jump from 1/4 to 1/2 of cytoplus was part of the problem… and I was taking 1/2 pill at one time… should I divide the amount into a few pieces and take a few hours apart?
Also I wasn’t eating food usually when taking the cytoplus.

I really do want to raise my metabolic state… so I’ll be trying this again.

It seems like a very complicated process to both get right, and also… needs very specific attention to detail throughout the day.
Any update on your situation and the adjustments?